Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation (31459 Views)

Usain Bolt Tests Positive For Coronavirus, Goes Into Self-Isolation / Most Active Football Players On Social Media / Coronavirus: Three Leicester City Players In Isolation After Showing Symptoms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Helpfromabove1(m): 3:25am On Mar 11, 2020
Following yesterday's news that Olympiacos owner Evangelos Marinakis has recently contracted Covid-19, we have been taking medical advice and tracing any individuals who had what the guidelines define as close contact with him at the game 13 days ago.

As a result of this exercise we identified that a number of players met the Olympiacos owner immediately following the game.

The medical advice we have received puts the risk of them developing Covid-19 at extremely low. However, we are strictly following the Government guidelines which recommend that anyone coming into close contact with someone with the virus should self-isolate at home for 14 days from the last time they had contact.

As a result, the players are unavailable for tonight's match against Manchester City and the Premier League has decided the game should be postponed.

The players will remain at their homes until the 14-day period expires. Four Arsenal staff - who were sitting close to Mr Marinakis during the match - will also remain at home until the 14 days are complete.

We fully understand how disappointing this is for our supporters, in particular those who were travelling to Manchester for tonight's match. Tickets will be valid for the match when it's rearranged.

As a further precautionary measure, whilst we do not believe there was any close contact with any other Arsenal guests or staff in the directors box restaurant, we are contacting them to advise they should follow the relevant advice if there has been any such contact.

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Mr Marinakis a swift recovery and we look forward to the players and staff returning to work on Friday in preparation for our match at Brighton.
https://www.arsenal.com/news/manchester-city-match-postponed

2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by namiji2598: 4:05am On Mar 11, 2020
Hmmmm las las na my tickets money go reduce if dem comot 1.3 odds

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Uden22: 4:48am On Mar 11, 2020
wink
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Orion01(m): 5:45am On Mar 11, 2020
Shuuu. Make this coronavirus chill na. I even hear say some clubs are to play behind closed doors(when no be aso rock meeting), where is the fun in that! Imagine scoring and no fans to celebrate with. Chei! Coronavirus Oya come and pack and go.

What's up with Maurice Iwu drug?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Franzinni: 5:46am On Mar 11, 2020
This is the most humbling time I have ever witnessed ... A time where the rich and the poor fear alike ... Where ministers of health are diagnosed with the virus the same way a regular Joe gets it... It has now been discovered that the virus can last 30 minutes in the air and stay alive on surfaces for 2 day depending on temperature... I just imagined how possible it is to avoid thus virus ... If you don't shake hands you might just walk behind someone who is leaving 30 mins trail behind and in hale it but again what if you are always wearing face mask ... I believe you will have to go to market ...pick up your items and also prepare them at home ... The market one weak me pass because I can avoid human contact or interaction... But how far chow ? 2020... Trumpet fit sound any day now

81 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by maxbj(m): 5:46am On Mar 11, 2020
This is serious ooo
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by wagazala: 5:47am On Mar 11, 2020
The epl should just go on a 14 self isolation for all players and staff. Perhaps all over the world. Only there's too much money involved and the powers that be might not approve this.
A 14 day break will help identify any threats and also disinfect all stadiums and remaining games be played behind closed doors. Season is almost over anyways.

Too early to call off Euro 2020?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Razy75g: 5:47am On Mar 11, 2020
Lolzzzz
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by matasinc(m): 5:47am On Mar 11, 2020
This one weak me ooooo
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by whytediamond(m): 5:47am On Mar 11, 2020
The blood of Jesus exempts us from plagues and diseases. We are more than conquerors.

To those that believe. Amen.

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by MisterGrace: 5:48am On Mar 11, 2020
Just when I thought that this pandemic is almost over, boom it is gathering momentum.

Damn!

Stick to the safety guidelines please.

Stock up your kitchens as contingency means.

Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and clean water before you take them close to your mouth, nose, eyes and ears

Stay far away from people in any possible way.

And finally, dear aristisos, social workers and wh0res, stop fvcking anyhow men from the abroad or even within for the meantime.

Stop putting the lives of your original boyfriends or fiances at risk because of your greed.

Don't use your coronavirus infested mouth and saliva to kiss innocent men please.

Dear gigolos,

Keep your lazy a55ess in one place for now. Don't infect your wives, girlfriends or fiancees with your coronavirus infested lives.

Let's be guided.

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by theoneJabulani(m): 5:48am On Mar 11, 2020
Coronavirus is seriously killing football
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by ursullalinda(f): 5:48am On Mar 11, 2020
This is getting out of hand.......even games can't be played in peace......Na waoh......God pls help us.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Gundel001: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2020
This Coronavirus is getting more and more serious

Do you wish to work or study in countries like Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Dubai, Germany check my signature

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Nobody: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2020
Arsenal, I am a barca fan oo but Corona virus will not be ur portion ooooo... Amen

Tapnaldo, I suppose wish u corona virus like some dey wish Messi corona but I can't curse you because of your struggle to make the beautiful game of football so interesting for the past 10 years.. Your handwork made us realize that you were just like Aaron to Moses (Messi).

You were just like Bishop Abioye to Bishop Oyedepo (messi).

We wont lose any one in Jesus name oooo

17 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Comedian2019: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2020
namiji2598:
Hmmmm las las na my tickets money go reduce if dem comot 1.3 odds
Arsenal match wey for cut your ticket before

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by genuinedeals: 5:49am On Mar 11, 2020
This is going to be serious issue day by day.
https://www.genuinedeals4all.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by gradeA(m): 5:49am On Mar 11, 2020
Nawa ooo
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Mannylex(m): 5:49am On Mar 11, 2020
This is indeed the Apocalypse.

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by caprini1: 5:50am On Mar 11, 2020
The threats of nuclear war and terrorism couldn't harm the world ,but a virus has almost crippled the way the world lives and calls normal.

This is just the exact time for we humans to think about how to make our lives better,specifically i am talking to Nigerian politicians with pot bellies ,stealing our national resources,like their is no tomorrow.Here it is,this is the tomorrow.
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by zeusdgrt(m): 5:50am On Mar 11, 2020
Ewooo
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Phygo(m): 5:52am On Mar 11, 2020
This Corona Virus is getting louder
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by mildflame: 5:53am On Mar 11, 2020
Nothing good ever comes of this club
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Humblega(m): 5:54am On Mar 11, 2020
Currently, in the world

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Chekwube1989(m): 5:55am On Mar 11, 2020
Is better because prevention is better than cure
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Okunrinogun: 5:57am On Mar 11, 2020
If that is true then Westham player should also be quarantine, anyway Prevention is better than cure

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by Soulsymbol99: 5:57am On Mar 11, 2020
Liverpool will not like this.After all their sweat.......maybe they will be awarded the trophy. Bt the tin no go sweet like that

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by 6digitscomrade: 5:59am On Mar 11, 2020
Helpfromabove1:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/manchester-city-match-postponed
14days isolation and Brighton on Saturday?? Na prison term una dey calculate? Abi which Saturday? Fake news!!!!
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by MorataFC: 6:00am On Mar 11, 2020
This is serious
Re: Coronavirus: Arsenal Players On 14 Days Self Isolation by 27Pushing30: 6:02am On Mar 11, 2020
Orion01:
Shuuu. Make this coronavirus chill na. I even hear say some clubs are to play behind closed doors(when no be aso rock meeting), where is the fun in that! Imagine scoring and no fans to celebrate with. Chei! Coronavirus Oya come and pack and go.

What's up with Maurice Iwu drug?
Juve vs inter was played behind closed doors

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Neymar Blasts Referees, VAR After PSG's UCL Exit (Photos) / Alan Hard: Notts County Owner Puts Club For Sale After Posting Nude On Twitter / What Clemens Westerhof Told Eguavoen About Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.