Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens (24924 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Moves To Sack Ozekhome As IPOB Crisis Worsens / BREAKING: EFCC Raids Black Market Forex Offices As Naira Falls Rapidly / Tension Mounts In PDP As Crisis Worsens, Elders Weigh Options (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by kiyosaki1(m): 4:49am On Mar 11, 2020
The crisis rocking the Lagos State House of Assembly worsened on Tuesday as the offices of the sacked principal officers were sealed.

The PUNCH learnt that those said to have been suspended indefinitely were also shut out of their offices.

The House had on Monday ousted the Chief Whip, Rotimi Abiru (Somolu II), and the Deputy Majority Leader, Olumuyiwa Jimoh (Apapa II).

Two other members, Moshood Osun (Lagos Mainland II) and Adewale Raheem (Ibeju/Lekki Constituency II), were suspended indefinitely for gross misconduct and insubordination.

Our correspondent learnt that late on Monday, replacements were named for the two principal positions.

The lawmaker representing Eti-Osa constituency I, Noheem Adams, was announced as the Deputy Majority Leader, while the lawmaker representing Apapa Constituency 1, Mojisola Miranda, became the new Chief Whip.

The offices of the sacked and suspended members were shut on Tuesday, with an inscription, ‘Sealed’ placed on them.

Workers and aides of the affected lawmakers were also prevented from accessing the offices.

Sources told our correspondent that the crisis was not unconnected with a disagreement between a current senator, Sikiru Osinowo, aka Pepper, and the Assembly Speaker, Mudashiru Obasa.

The affected lawmakers were reported to be loyalists of Osinowo, who was a former member of the Assembly before his election to the National Assembly.

The aide of one of the affected lawmakers confirmed this, but refused to give further details.

“I am glad you have also heard. But I cannot say more,” the aide said.

Another source told our correspondent that the Assembly was embarrassed by a report on the alleged expenditure of N2.4bn on the purchase of 80 vehicles for the 40 lawmakers in the last 11 months.

“The information is that some of the affected lawmakers leaked sensitive documents pertaining to the purchase of the vehicles and they did not find it funny,” the source said.

https://punchng.com/lagos-assembly-seals-sacked-lawmakers-offices-as-crisis-worsens/

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by hisexcellency34: 4:56am On Mar 11, 2020
Las Las, the purchase of those vehicles will be linked to Tinubu

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by segebase(m): 5:02am On Mar 11, 2020
Mafo
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Iyiataata92: 5:23am On Mar 11, 2020
The last paragragh should have been ''the issue is that some of the lawmakers talked while eating, which is bad table manners''

63 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Bola146(f): 5:28am On Mar 11, 2020
Politicians!!!! No one is innocent

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by ursullalinda(f): 6:04am On Mar 11, 2020
Always fighting for their selfish interest.....they can kill themselves for all I care.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by APCNig: 6:15am On Mar 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Just as your development of high blood pressure will be linked to hatred for Tinubu.

26 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by JentuPrinz(m): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2020
I knw my prince won't be among"Hon.prince Bisi yusuff"..I trust him.A man of his words.
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by YorubaKinging: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2020
Whenever I read any news concerning the city they call Lagos today
It always sadden me that such a blessed and holy place has been turned to a devils empire whereas all sorts of bad things happens and the most corrupt people dwell in
City of stairs
A tulmutous city
Your judgement is going to be swift
Very soon it will soon be called the Holy place once again
And all the inhabitants will be called righteous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Ololanla: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2020
There can not be peace in the house of the wicked

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by sammyj: 9:13am On Mar 11, 2020
grin Let them fight and kill themselves. Na their wahala. Politicians only fight for where their interests lies, so I don't care what befalls them!! grin
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by donprinyo(m): 9:15am On Mar 11, 2020
Season of dethronement
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Jestin: 9:15am On Mar 11, 2020
They are only fighting for their pocket....Bleep them all
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by nairaman66(m): 9:15am On Mar 11, 2020
Iyiataata92:
The last paragragh should have been ''the issue is that some of the lawmakers talked while eating, which is bad table manners''

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Myzteriouz: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2020
LMAO!!! E Don happen oooo. Adamu don finally loss gate key and back inside LHA Dem find am
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Citytrend: 9:16am On Mar 11, 2020
Iyiataata92:
take it or not this could been sold.
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by YeeboMuslim: 9:19am On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Adakris: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2020
Sequel to our recent survey via our HR portals and referrals, you have been shortlisted by our HR team to attend our Business/Leadership Workshop Interview at Dynamique Associates Solutions, 107 Ogudu Road, opp. Ogudu GRA Pako bustop, Ojota, Lagos on Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 at 9 am.
DA23831

Pls I just got this message yesterday how true is this, cos I don't want to just waste my time

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Phygo(m): 9:21am On Mar 11, 2020
They have leaked a sensitive documents that will implicate Jagadan and his presidential ambition.
Now baba got another sh1t to trash out in this game of throne.

They are termed.......
FALLEN ANGEL$!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Kayw4re(m): 9:22am On Mar 11, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Whenever I read any news concerning the city they call Lagos today
It always sadden me that such a blessed and holy place has been turned to a devils empire whereas all sorts of bad things happens and the most corrupt people dwell in
City of stairs
A tulmutous city
Your judgement is going to be swift
Very soon it will soon be called the Holy place once again
And all the inhabitants will be called righteous

If you really want to make an impact go join a political party. Our case don pass this your English sir
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:23am On Mar 11, 2020
2.4 billion for 80 vehicles. In other words 30 million naira per vehicle and 2 of it will go to one lawmaker. Leaking that kind of information can be funny. But to whom all the vehicles will go to should not be funny.
I don't know why it's an offence when embezzlement like this is made public

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by Roozzaay(m): 9:26am On Mar 11, 2020
2.4bn for 80 vehicles for 40 lawmakers?
Set Awon "Progressive"

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by money121(m): 9:30am On Mar 11, 2020
Lobatan
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by seunlayi(m): 9:33am On Mar 11, 2020
See the product of Tinubu
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by seunlayi(m): 9:34am On Mar 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:

Seconded

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by bigpicture001: 9:37am On Mar 11, 2020
Tinubu house of assembly....

Clowns!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by thatsleepboy1: 9:40am On Mar 11, 2020
Iyiataata92:
grin
Re: Lagos Assembly Seals Sacked Lawmakers’ Offices As Crisis Worsens by dayoyemi: 9:47am On Mar 11, 2020
U see the reason they all crucified The Great Ambode. Since the inception of this administration, no more "men at work" on our roads. May God save us

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Propose Nairaland Media Tour Between East And West / Nnamdi Kanu: Court Of Appeal Clarifies "Transfer Of Justices" / Olorunsogo Power Plant Commisioned By Jonathan Is Not Working - Bukola Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.