Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:34 AM

Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? (1754 Views)

At 36, I Still Stay With My Parents And I Feel Not bad about it. / My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / What Is Your Take On Your In-laws Living In Same House With You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by SenorFax(m): 1:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
My fiancee and I are having some issues about staying over at her place and I don't want it to sound absord.

We are both running our MSc together in different universities and states. She stays with her parents and I've already met them to make my intentions known.

Whenever she visits, she spends up to 1-2weeks depending on when she is busy or free in school.
I've went to see her parents but didn't stay over the first time. The second time I spent a night and came back the second day.

Now having a discussion with my uncle I was told it's not cool or advisable to visit your in-laws and sleeping over or spending days as a guy plus the fact that your fiancée stays under the same roof.

Is it a cool idea or not?

I need open minds of experienced nairalanders pls.
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by donbachi(m): 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
One of my brother in-laws has been living in my family house with my sister(his wife) for 2years now...no qualms...na just understanding.

11 Likes

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by rain21(f): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2020
Depends on the family,if they have no issues with it you too shouldn't have any worries

2 Likes

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2020
depends on A) the in-laws, B) your fiancee and C) who you are.

5 Likes

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by SenorFax(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
donbachi:
One of my brother in-laws has been living in my family house with my sister(his wife) for 2years now...no qualms...na just understanding.
Thanks for this.
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by NextD18: 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
Everything is bad about it! You must henceforth, stop that fvckery and learn to keep the respect you deserve from them.

No dey allow your inlaws-to be dey see you finish.

No let them see you finish!!

Use your head!!

8 Likes

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by dammywapes(m): 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
To me , it's not cool
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by Organiccourses: 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Op, nothing is bad so far there is understanding, but you tends not to free, besides be ready to be carried out through the window and your corpse will be flogged with matchet (cutlass) handle if you die in in-law house o!! God forbid your death now, but anyone can die anytime

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by SenorFax(m): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
NextD18:
Everything is bad about it! You must henceforth, stop that fvckery and learn to keep the respect you deserve from them.

Use your head!!
That's the line my uncle actually used
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by sisisioge: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
So you dont believe your uncle? Biko e matter. Get a room in a hotel each time you want to spend days with your chick.

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by worworbabe: 3:55pm On Mar 11, 2020
I won't encourage it. A man needs to keep that level of respect up. Even we, women are avoiding the in-laws and their disrespect. Let alone, a man.

Your Uncle knows better.

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2020
NextD18:

Use your head!!
you are always onpoint in a hilarious way,you didn't include the virgin aspect sha.
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
SenorFax:

That's the line my uncle actually used
He is very right,never try that again to avoid see-finish.You won't understand until you have issues with your lady.

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by nuelyoyo(m): 6:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
Familiarity brings contempt.
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
Well i don't know about you but i personally don't think it's cool though.

You can always visit and leave that same day.

There is no reason staying with them, it makes no sense, because it's not them you are marrying, it's their daughter and staying there won't add anything to the relationship.

Even if where your in-laws are, is far away.
You can always book an hotel, visit them then go back to your hotel.

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by Acidosis(m): 6:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
They're not your in-laws! You're not married to their daughter so get the fvck outta there. It's not even advisable to start visiting your girlfriend's family house until you guys are ready to tie the knot. This is Nigeria, not America so don't lose your self-worth by trying to impress anyone.

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by 24kmagic: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
It depends.

If they know you are doing ok financially or business wise and can afford a house of your own but only staying due to one or two reasons, you're good to go. In fact they'll be happy to host you.

But if they know you're broke and struggling to have a roof over your head, "you don cast be that"

So which one you de?

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by helinues: 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
Circumstances may decide that. I have once slept in my ex in-laws house.. She lost her dad and just had to be there for her that day.

Wasn't feeling comfortable though. Left as early morning..

It ain't cool. Don't make it a habit
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by Mizwisdom(f): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
The idea of cool is foreign. There's nothing wrong, the only issue I see here is that you're not yet married to their daughter, get married asap. Her parents become yours and her family become yours too.

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:07am On Mar 12, 2020
I won't take such a man seriously.
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by StPete: 5:57am On Mar 12, 2020
SenorFax:
My fiancee and I are having some issues about staying over at her place and I don't want it to sound absord.

We are both running our MSc together in different universities and states. She stays with her parents and I've already met them to make my intentions known.

Whenever she visits, she spends up to 1-2weeks depending on when she is busy or free in school.
I've went to see her parents but didn't stay over the first time. The second time I spent a night and came back the second day.

Now having a discussion with my uncle I was told it's not cool or advisable to visit your in-laws and sleeping over or spending days as a guy plus the fact that your fiancée stays under the same roof.

You must tell us that you’re studying for MSc but common correct English you cannot compose. SMH
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by Adgideon(m): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2020
Is more than cool, infact they will make life cool cooler coolest, you so much enjoy your stay that you wouldn't want to leave. But if is for a few days is ok, but b concious of urself no too show your colour, but all the same u know the family better, do it to pls ur girl, but be concious and again don't allow urself to be messed up they just want to know you better, and b rest assured you will b tested
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by SenorFax(m): 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
StPete:

You must tell us that you’re studying for MSc but common correct English you cannot compose. SMH
As if your life is perfect
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
And you couldn't afford just a one night hotel. You are a disgrace. If I'm her parents,I won't take you serious.

1 Like

Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by juman(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nothing bad.
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by frozen70(f): 3:47pm On Mar 14, 2020
SenorFax:

As a future inlaw, you have to raise your head high before you floor yourself

Don't frequent them because there is the tendency that you will be asked to pass over the next day
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by frozen70(f): 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
SenorFax:

Don't frequent them because there is the tendency that you will be asked to pass over the next day

sisisioge:
So you dont believe your uncle? Biko e matter. Get a room in a hotel each time you want to spend days with your chick.

Where us the money to pay hotel bill ❓
Re: Help, Is It Cool As A Guy To Stay With Your In-laws ? by frozen70(f): 3:50pm On Mar 14, 2020
SenorFax:

sisisioge:

Where us the money to pay hotel bill ❓
Organiccourses:
Op, nothing is bad so far there is understanding, but you tends not to free, besides be ready to be carried out through the window and your corpse will be flogged with matchet (cutlass) handle if you die in in-law house o!! God forbid your death now, but anyone can die anytime
[quote
author=Organiccourses post=87352890]Op, nothing is bad so far there is understanding, but you tends not to free, besides be ready to be carried out through the window and your corpse will be flogged with matchet (cutlass) handle if you die in in-law house o!! God forbid your death now, but anyone can die anytime[/quote]

You just made a very stupid comment, since you know that you don't have enough sense, you should have kept quiet naw

(1) (Reply)

My Anger My Mistake! My Mistake My Disgrace! / Why Am I Not Losing Weight? / Share Your Childhood Photos. Let’s Appreciate How Far We’ve Come. 2023!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.