Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller (69923 Views)

Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi / Eta Mbora Introduces Bill On Automatic Employment For Graduates After NYSC / Senator Omo-Agege Introduces Bill To Amend Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by GODZY007(m): 4:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
Nawa 4 all dis senator from Niger state o�
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by knowhowk: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:
Foolish Bill's from the north. Is anybody still importing sagem, trium,alcatel phones in Nigeria? It's about demand and supply. If there is steady electricity, it will ban itself.

. What a Brilliant Response .
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Snipper007: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
kenzosky:
I personally think it's time to pass a Bill locking all our senators in a cage. How about that?
Aswear grin

2 Likes

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by TylerDurden: 4:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
* Facilities that require 24 hours electric power supply.

My house needs 24hr supply idiot

Why is Niger State responsible for electing stupid senators sef
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Germi9: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
BAN IT
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by franchasng: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Dauda Ibezim, Mahmood Chukwudi, Ahmed Christian, Kim Adewale, Obong Fengsi Yo

Abuja - Meanwhile, another senator representing Afariokwu senatorial zone also sponsored a bill to remove and scrap senate entirely from Nigeria's arms of government as he proposed a new arm of government called the People's Parliament, to comprise of Traditional Rulers, Dibias, Babalawos, Traditionalists, Ogun worshippers, students, market women, traders, road transport workers, artisans and those from corporate organizations.

If this bill is adopted and passed into law, it will mean there will not be any senate or house of reps, and that means all the current senators and house of rep members will become jobless!

Source: AFP

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Snipper007: 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
TylerDurden:

My house needs 24hr supply idiot

Why is Niger the NORTHERN States responsible for electing stupid senators sef
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
FATHER, Bless Me this Senator!
This will be Wonderful if it passes ..

But I doubt it! The Wickedness in Nigeria leadership is too much...

I hope they SUPRISE me and Pass this Bill!

You as dumb as that SENATOR you don't propose such bill when you haven't fix the power sector and I dare Nigeria that IT can NEVER fix the power sector

You can't even get 15hours power supply a day....some prepaid meters refuse to accept you subscription voucher after you have purchased the voucher

And you're passing such bill AND YOU'RE ASKING YOUR FATHER TO BLESS THE SENATOR

DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY REASONING DOWN THERE IN NIGERIA?

YOU ALL JUST ACCEPTS BILL BY LAWMAKERS AS GOOD DEVELOPMENT?

2 Likes

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by CSTR2: 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
Xerum:

It is does not always comes down to demand & supply sir. There is demand for drugs & ashi's sir, but the govt of most countries say, no! Cos of its adverse effects on society at large. Some people already mentioned alternatives readily available to us i.e. solar, wind energy.
How can you compare generator to drugs?

Are you going to also ban solar panels and inverter imports because that is what Nigerians will turn to as alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by frankyod: 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
Most of this so called Senators are devil incarnate!!!!shiorrr
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by prettytasha(f): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
When there is no light ? Wetin this people smoke
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by cjudy(m): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
GOFRONT:
Atiku won't like this News.......If u know u know
You no get sense. You dey get light 2hrs in a day?

Here I burn fuel 1500 per day just to have light and you want to ban generator. Na thunder go fire that sinator and him family

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by EgunMogaji2: 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
yungfeezyy:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/381308-just-in-nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-importation-of-generators.html

Again with putting the cart ahead of the horse.

I don’t think any Nigerian would buy a gen if power supply was adequate.

I have two gens, a 5kv solar system but still govt needs to ensure proper power.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by egopersonified(f): 4:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hope he knows the almighty US still imports generators as back up source of power.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
kenzosky:
I personally think it's time to pass a Bill locking all our senators in a cage. How about that?

this would be a good move.

anyone of them who tries to escape in the cage should be hang to death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
damn! another lunatic on the loose!
even aso rock runs on generators since forever!
# has generatiing power suddenly become # ROCKET SCIENCE?........
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Maj196(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
Always making life difficult for the poor masses
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by CSTR2: 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
When other countries are trying to create more dynamism in the system, senators in Nigeria wants to Create more bureaucracy.

Imagine a company applying to the ministry of power for the rights to power their own facility.
Imagine the bucreacracy and waste of time.

I would rather move my company to Ghana.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by emenezer(m): 4:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
Even EEDC use generating machines, in their office, so forget it
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by backnbeta(f): 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
chiemmanuel:
Between The Nigerian senators and the Corona virus, I don't know which has destroyed Humanity more
They are worse than corona because their own virus is affecting everyone, even when you wear mask and use hand sanitizer undecided

2 Likes

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Eborty(m): 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
he is the image of his constituency
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by MrGerald(m): 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
yungfeezyy:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/381308-just-in-nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-importation-of-generators.html
Kind of bills introduction by this semi humans sef, you have to do the necessary things in the power sector and generator importation will die a natural death, it's only in Nigeria that they are still being use, everybody needs power whether in their homes or working place, not just few places you mentioned up there, we have big problems in this country.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by tundess: 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Just creates another chain of corruption in the minister of power's waiting room. Should the bill pass, the minister will be inundated with requests for exemption from all and sundry. How does the Senator proposing think the person will have time to do policy ?
Besides, this is attacking the patient instead of the disease. Does the bill propose compensating all those businesses in Lagos alone that run on generator ?
Raise your hands up in the back, those that "voted" for this man ?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by donbenz(m): 4:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
is generator now the hope of our generation? Generator is the general overseer grin
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
Putting the cart before the horse as usual. Does he know how many manufacturing companies this bill will shut down in Lagos State alone? Even PHCN, not to talk of the senate house and Aso rock, use generators.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by ofiko123(m): 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
If Nigeria is not a useless country we shouldn't still be battling with inadequate power supply in this 21st century..
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by xreal: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
Placing the cart before the horse.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by AfroKnight: 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:
Foolish Bill's from the north. Is anybody still importing sagem, trium,alcatel phones in Nigeria? It's about demand and supply. If there is steady electricity, it will ban itself.

Honestly, it should have been a ban on underperforming ministers of power and imprisonment for them and for every underperforming administrator in the power sector.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Snipper007: 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

this would be a good move.

anyone of them who tries to escape in the cage should be hang to death.

We don't even need to lock them up let's just export all of them to Italy..... grin, and who noticed our president no longer travel.....?

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Ojuororun(m): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:

Truetalk my blooda ;(
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Myjust(f): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
It's obvious that this senators don't care about the people.. In the midst of all the calamity facing this country, they don't have anything else to do rather than ban the use of generator. A mental check up should be run on this people... I'm not understanding oo
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by CSTR2: 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
Our foreign investments in 2014 was at 7%.
Third highest in the world.

Our foreign direct investment projected for 2020 is 2.3%.

Oil price has very little to do with foreign direct investment into a country.
The difference is the quality of people in charge then and now.

Ghana is now the largest recipient of FDI in west Africa by far, while the human Lynch pins of our 2014 FDI has been lost to both the South African economic team and the AFDB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

LP Leading In Anambra State House Of Assembly Election (Results) 2023 / Abba Kyari Reinstated, Resumes Work - Demola Of Lagos (Photos) / Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.