Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller (69922 Views)

Generator Ban Bill: Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Bima Enagi / Eta Mbora Introduces Bill On Automatic Employment For Graduates After NYSC / Senator Omo-Agege Introduces Bill To Amend Electoral Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by nini007(m): 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
yungfeezyy:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/381308-just-in-nigerian-senator-introduces-bill-to-ban-importation-of-generators.html
Same thing Buhari did with Rice. Closed the borders before he started growing rice, instead of the other way round.

Why can't power be fixed first and see if people will beep buying generating sets.

Misplaced priority!
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Okawene: 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
The abuses rendered on this Senator is not necessary, the guy was looking at the bigger picture, there are cabals frustrating the development of our power sector, efforts towards power generation are frustrated and this people cannot be stopped easily. So he is suggesting they should be sent out of business by this bill. That is his level of reasoning not too bad, at least he is concerned about the situation of things.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Yusman316(m): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hope some people will not come and tell us the bill originated from Buhari, just like the hate speech bill
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by bonna4u(m): 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
This one is introducing this bill so that it would be on record that he once pushed a bill through the upper house.
If he had any grey matter in his brain, he would have introduced a bill to hang all the people who squander funds (in the the past/present and future) meant for putting the power sector in order.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Yusman316(m): 7:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
nini007:
Same thing Buhari did with Rice. Closed the borders before he started growing rice, instead of the other way round.

Why can't power be fixed first and see if people will beep buying generating sets.

Misplaced priority!
U are right on the power thing. But who will grow rice when there is a cheaper imported one in the market?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by awoluyi(m): 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
If this bill becomes a law I will willingly barnish myself to sambisa forest.
I just dey joke, the bill is on it's way to the dustbin.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by vicben27(m): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
useless people
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Chibuking1402(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
Davash222:
If not for Generator, I would have been a dead man this heat period.
Fix the power first, the importers will automatically stop importing generators cos of low patronage. Simple thing.
Don't you think that those generators importers are the ones sabotaging constant Power supply making sure our refineries never work?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Chiasco123: 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Odi egwu really. shocked
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Wettoid123: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
What is really wrong with this country,when there is epileptic power supply you are placing embargo on generator why not solve the issue of electricity first.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by hush15: 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Organs:

Actually, what bothers me, is the level of stupidity and illiteracy from people that are not even aware of how stupid, uneducated and unenlightened they are. You for example is not aware of your own inherent stupidity. Don't you know the reason PHCN is not working mostly is because the amount of bribe money, enticement, benefits, etc that those in charge of Generator production is throwing at people is too much that they cannot refuse? This path you said has not worked ever. We as a people are way too corrupt for that to happen. Even the judges are corrupt. Maybe now with Tanko, we are beginning to get some things right.

Now that you poured your mind, do you feel better? Animal
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by kevotek1000(m): 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Very funny, I can bet my left balls that this man make use of generator... It would have been a nice move if only Nigeria have constant electricity in the country.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2020
After reading 10 pages on this thread, I have come to the conclusion that 98 percent of people don't know anything.

Mark my words, as far as generator keeps on getting imported without regulations, Nigeria will not have steady light.
Power generation and distribution will constantly be sabotaged.

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by bewla(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
isaacsegun:
long overdue
Abraka da bra
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by bewla(m): 7:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
isaacsegun:
long overdue
abrakadabra
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by highmood(m): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:
Foolish Bill's from the north. Is anybody still importing sagem, trium,alcatel phones in Nigeria? It's about demand and supply. If there is steady electricity, it will ban itself.

Don't mind that fool. At the end, its the poor people who suffers it. The rich men will buy the gen or solar panel, keep it in their houses, mount security personnel at the gate in addition to crazy dogs, hire lawyers who will battle his case for him, then wait for the govt to come penalize him over the use of gen set.
I could remember during the first tenure of Pres. Goodluck when the light in so many areas where almost becoming constant. Many almost left the generator business and those generator mechanic closed shops.
What these fools are trying to do is to cripple completely Nigeria Economy, cos I wonder those(if not all companys and private businesses who have been surviving with Gen what they will do.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Aderupoko2: 7:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
The guy look like Mickey mouse

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by mytruth: 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
It is a welcome development but they should give us 24 hours electricity & stop approving govt budgetary proposals for generators.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by IMASTEX: 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
mekaboy:
Foolish Bill's from the north. Is anybody still importing sagem, trium,alcatel phones in Nigeria? It's about demand and supply. If there is steady electricity, it will ban itself.
I recognise brain when I see one. My thought exactly.

Righteousness89:

This will be Wonderful if it passes ..

Modified: Its Clear that A whole lot of Nigerians have been made not to know the source of their Problems..
Your answer lies above. But let's assume you believe the gen importers are supposedly behind the sabotage of govt effort in power since the govt is too weak to adopt the approach above. Why didn't govt give them contracts in power distribution? After all profit making is their sole interest.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Oyindidi(f): 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
Clown
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Realadey(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
As old as you are,you should learn that solar power is good o,no doubt about it,but can everyone afford it?
We are talking about Nigerians who live below 2dollars per day and u are here talking gibberish,can your govt provide all mentioned for the masses?

The man who talked never proffer solution and u are here talking for him,just get off me and face your life,if u want to sell your products write your quotation to the senator and the govt of your country and not me,do u get that?!!!!
darediamond:

As old as you are, you do not know readily available alternative in the Name of Solar Gen that can power just about anything that needs electric power?

At least if you can build your own magnet motor generator, you still have Solar Gen which you can assemble yourself.

No excuse please. Must you wait for group of Private Families to provide Electricity for you when you can generate it yourself?

Must you?

There Competent electronic engineers that can build ferrite Code Pure Sine Wave Inverters for you locally. All you need do is to buy Mono-Crystal Panels and MPPT controller on Aliexpress.com

If you need all the direct sources I can supply You free of charge. So please stop complaing. You already have all the money to liberate yourself, Spend it now and get everything FIXED.

You can start with 2pieces of 250W 30Volt MonoCrystaline Panels which is #80K

But 12V/24V 40Amp MPPT Controller on aliexpres at 15 or 20K

4 pieces of Mercury 18An 12V battery at 40K or even less. I bought mine at #8K per piece in Ibadan at Ogunpa.

2Kilowatt 12/24 Pure Sine Wave Inverters on www.aliexpress.com @ #30K or less.

You can also use 500Watts Pure Wine Wave Inverter.

Lobatan.

P.S: If you want to make your Inverter Batteries last for at least 10years, Simply Load of the Direct Current Capacitors and place your Inverter over the caps instead of directly connecting your Inverter to the battery. There is actually More to this than just connecting this and that together but it is only electronic engineers that can understand that aspect.

Lobatan!!!

Lobatan
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Eborty(m): 8:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
nini007:

Misplaced priority!
Bros. The rice thing you mention was actually faulty. Formal President(GOODLUCK JONATHAN) initiated the program of rice farming (AGRO BASED FARMING) including free loan with ZERO INTEREST, which obviously from your comment you were'nt listening or paying attention, that's why it seems you were caught unaware. Assuming all these lazy youths adhere to the program, the closure of our borders would'nt be a serious topic or issue at all. The senator that proposed the ban on generators might have prompt the house to laughter as he is from another zoological constituency (so if herdsmen are not using gen means that everybody won't ultilize generators). And come to think of it, this senator might or have a bachelor degree of .............?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Origin(f): 8:13pm On Mar 11, 2020
And solar panels and inverter batteries, ups , ....

All these batteries are destroying the environment.

Ban it all and let's see how fast they will fix that sector.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Erums(m): 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
darediamond:

As old as you are, you do not know readily available alternative in the Name of Solar Gen that can power just about anything that needs electric power?

At least if you can build your own magnet motor generator, you still have Solar Gen which you can assemble yourself.

No excuse please. Must you wait for group of Private Families to provide Electricity for you when you can generate it yourself?

Must you?

There Competent electronic engineers that can build ferrite Code Pure Sine Wave Inverters for you locally. All you need do is to buy Mono-Crystal Panels and MPPT controller on Aliexpress.com

If you need all the direct sources I can supply You free of charge. So please stop complaing. You already have all the money to liberate yourself, Spend it now and get everything FIXED.

You can start with 2pieces of 250W 30Volt MonoCrystaline Panels which is #80K

But 12V/24V 40Amp MPPT Controller on aliexpres at 15 or 20K

4 pieces of Mercury 18An 12V battery at 40K or even less. I bought mine at #8K per piece in Ibadan at Ogunpa.

2Kilowatt 12/24 Pure Sine Wave Inverters on www.aliexpress.com @ #30K or less.

You can also use 500Watts Pure Wine Wave Inverter.

Lobatan.

P.S: If you want to make your Inverter Batteries last for at least 10years, Simply Load of the Direct Current Capacitors and place your Inverter over the caps instead of directly connecting your Inverter to the battery. There is actually More to this than just connecting this and that together but it is only electronic engineers that can understand that aspect.

Lobatan!!!

Lobatan

Hi, can I speak to you on how to get a solar inverter?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by redsun(m): 8:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
Utter madness. What feasible alternative do they have for generators in that dysfunctional country at the moment? Candlelight or Burn fire?
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by berbs: 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
So, it's me that does not require 24/7 power supply abi? Yeye dey smell.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by CSTR2: 8:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
Mftivi:
Are you saying its a genetic makeup or there are factors that influence this ? You must think so lowly of yourself and your entire race probably because of the very limited view you have over the matter, I think you should pick up more books.
Books on what?
Are you denying what is right before your eyes?

The chocolate industry is worth over $150-200 billion.
Less than 5% of it is going to Ghana and coted'ivoire the world's cocoa duopoly.

What will it cost Ghana and Ivory Coast to build 5 world class chocolate production factories, and export finished products.

If Ghana and ivory coast, stop exporting cocoa, there would be no more chocolate and beverage in the world.

Imagine the wealth they would get if they actually controlled the value chain.

But they can't because they are collectively intellectually impaired.
Organisation requires intelligence.

The same applies to Congo with their cobalt.

As for what causes the poor collective IQ?
It is a combined case of nature and nuture.
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Dreason(m): 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2020
grin
if you ban generator set
how will low scale business like barbing saloons,photo copy and printing shops,viewing centers,operate
bars,hotels.even some schools that have computer class. abeg this northen politicians are the real reason this country is were wea way. i mean were wea way were wea
like dis.
#Osinbajo inspirad qv
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by GoodFaith: 8:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
Dreason:
grin
if you ban generator set
how will low scale business like barbing saloons,photo copy and printing shops,viewing centers,operate
bars,hotels.even some schools that have computer class. abeg this northen politicians are the real reason this country is were wea way. i mean were wea way were wea
like dis.
#Osinbajo inspirad qv
create revolution for a better future
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by Empiree: 8:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
Guy be reasonable as well, give us adequate alternative before proposing mr man, did u hear him telling us how to get power supply?
U don't know these failures,they will keep on talking and to do no dey concern them.
Relax, generators have done more harm. Maybe with generators ban, you guys will take to the street and protest stable electricity. Because you guys sit on your butt and do nothing thats why they take you for a ride. If you keep having generators, you give govt no reason to fix the damn electricity. Or are you generator seller?. I can understand your business hurts like that

1 Like

Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by bizhop01: 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
So that few will be award contract to import generators
Re: Senator Bima Enagi Introduces Bill To Ban Generators; 10-year Jail For Seller by darediamond(m): 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Realadey:
As old as you are,you should learn that solar power is good o,no doubt about it,but can everyone afford it?
We are talking about Nigerians who live below 2dollars per day and u are here talking gibberish,can your govt provide all mentioned for the masses?

The man who talked never proffer solution and u are here talking for him,just get off me and face your life,if u want to sell your products write your quotation to the senator and the govt of your country and not me,do u get that?!!!!
Then keep on paying for what you don't use. A word is enough for the wise. Bye

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

LP Leading In Anambra State House Of Assembly Election (Results) 2023 / Abba Kyari Reinstated, Resumes Work - Demola Of Lagos (Photos) / Tee Mac: Tinubu Is My In-Law, He’s 86, Not Fit To Run Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.