Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account (2540 Views)

Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account Right Now / Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account Now / Open An Fcmb Account And Get 1000naira Extra For Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Tallguy28: 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
Most politicians in Nigeria have bank accounts abroad so why shouldn't you. The value of the naira is decreasing. As of now it is 366 naira to 1 dollar.
There are several reasons why you should open an offshore account
1)War:
There are several mini wars going on in Nigeria, Herdsmen, Boko Haram in the North East, Niger Delta militants. It only takes one small thing to happen before a full war takes place in Nigeria. When there is a war the value of the currency drops
2)Corrupt Government:
The Senate just approved a loan of $22.7 billion dollars from China and it is rumored that 40% of the money will be used to pay consultants who helped secure the loan. Just Imagine. The government also wants to borrow money from pension funds to fund projects. They will probably do it and won't pay back.
If you think you're safe by buying dollars and keeping it in a dollar account in a Nigerian bank you're not. The government can take it too.
3)Protect your Assets:
As long as you have money in a Nigerian bank whether Naira or Foreign currency the government controls it. They can seize it if they like. What will you do?
It is not Illegal to own a foreign bank account as long as you pay your taxes.

Some foreign banks require you to open a bank account with a minimum balance $6000, $80,000,$1000. It depends on the bank and the country they are in.
If you don't have that type of money you can buy Bitcoin or open a TransferWise Border less account. Bitcoin is risky. The value can go up or go down. Bitcoin might become valuable in the future or it might not exist. No one knows

TransferWise is a company that helps make international money transfer easier but in 2017 they decided increase their services by also offering Border less accounts. It is similar to an Offshore Traditional bank but with less fees, You don't need to have up to $50 to open an account. You can receive and send money in different currencies making it easier for you to do business with people abroad.
If you want to register for the TransferWise Border less Account Click the link below. You can send up to £500 without any fees If you click the link the link below:
https://transferwise.com/invite/u/ugochukwue36
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Ay04z(m): 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
How do i send from my nigerian bank account to the transferwise account
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by chieyine(m): 4:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
Tallguy28:
Most politicians in Nigeria have bank accounts abroad so why shouldn't you. The value of the naira is decreasing. As of now it is 366 naira to 1 dollar.
There are several reasons why you should open an offshore account
1)War:
There are several mini wars going on in Nigeria, Herdsmen, Boko Haram in the North East, Niger Delta militants. It only takes one small thing to happen before a full war takes place in Nigeria. When there is a war the value of the currency drops
2)Corrupt Government:
The Senate just approved a loan of $22.7 billion dollars from China and it is rumored that 40% of the money will be used to pay consultants who helped secure the loan. Just Imagine. The government also wants to borrow money from pension funds to fund projects. They will probably do it and won't pay back.
If you think you're safe by buying dollars and keeping it in a dollar account in a Nigerian bank you're not. The government can take it too.
3)Protect your Assets:
As long as you have money in a Nigerian bank whether Naira or Foreign currency the government controls it. They can seize it if they like. What will you do?
It is not Illegal to own a foreign bank account as long as you pay your taxes.

Some foreign banks require you to open a bank account with a minimum balance $6000, $80,000,$1000. It depends on the bank and the country they are in.
If you don't have that type of money you can buy Bitcoin or open a TransferWise Border less account. Bitcoin is risky. The value can go up or go down. Bitcoin might become valuable in the future or it might not exist. No one knows

TransferWise is a company that helps make international money transfer easier but in 2017 they decided increase their services by also offering Border less accounts. It is similar to an Offshore Traditional bank but with less fees, You don't need to have up to $50 to open an account. You can receive and send money in different currencies making it easier for you to do business with people abroad.
If you want to register for the TransferWise Border less Account Click the link below. You can send up to £500 without any fees If you click the link the link below:
https://transferwise.com/invite/u/ugochukwue36

You copied this verbatim from someone on Twitter and didnt care to give attribution to him?
Thief

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Tallguy28: 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
I didn't copy. I paraphrased. There is a difference. Read his Twitter post and read mine
chieyine:

You copied this verbatim from someone on Twitter and didnt care to give attribution to him?
Thief
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Tallguy28: 6:54pm On Mar 11, 2020
Through Wire Transfer.
Ay04z:
How do i send from my nigerian bank account to the transferwise account
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 15, 2020
Tallguy28:
Through Wire Transfer.
How much do u know aboit offshore banking? How can i open an offshore account with incoming funds from my partners outside Nigeria? I want the money to hit directly into the offshore
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Tallguy28: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2020
You can register for a Transferwise Borderless Account By clicking the link in the article. It's an offshore bank account that you can open from your phone and laptop. If you register with a Nigerian address you will have a bank account in Euros And British Pounds. No US dollars account for now. To get or use your Euro account or British Pounds Account details you must fund either of the accounts with 20 Euros or 20 Pounds and you must verify your identity. You can fund the account if you have a dollar card, You can't fund the account if you have a Naira Card. If you don't have a dollar card you can fund the account through wire transfer. Speak to the Transferwise customer care for more information on how to fund your account through wire transfer.
dairykidd:

How much do u know aboit offshore banking? How can i open an offshore account with incoming funds from my partners outside Nigeria? I want the money to hit directly into the offshore
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 16, 2020
Tallguy28:
You can register for a Transferwise Borderless Account By clicking the link in the article. It's an offshore bank account that you can open from your phone and laptop. If you register with a Nigerian address you will have a bank account in Euros And British Pounds. No US dollars account for now. To get or use your Euro account or British Pounds Account details you must fund either of the accounts with 20 Euros or 20 Pounds and you must verify your identity. You can fund the account if you have a dollar card, You can't fund the account if you have a Naira Card. If you don't have a dollar card you can fund the account through wire transfer. Speak to the Transferwise customer care for more information on how to fund your account through wire transfer.

Nice... I will try it and also would want to know the limit it can carry. I will check the link. Thanks bro
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by nobsalis: 3:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
Can I use it as my primary bank here in Nigeria, cuz I'm tired of all d SMS and maintenance charges my present bank here in Nigeria is charging me.
Do dey also give atm card? And if I wanna deposit money how do I go about it
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Tallguy28: 3:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
No atm card available for people living in Nigeria for now. The transferwise borderless account is an offshore account. You can't use it the same way you use a Nigerian Bank account in Nigeria. You can fund the account if you have a dollar card. If you don't have a dollar card you have to fund it through wire transfer. Speak to the transferwise customer care team on how you can fund your account through wire transfer
nobsalis:
Can I use it as my primary bank here in Nigeria, cuz I'm tired of all d SMS and maintenance charges my present bank here in Nigeria is charging me.
Do dey also give atm card? And if I wanna deposit money how do I go about it
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by MelaninGemstone(f): 3:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tallguy28:
Hello sir, do you know if transfer wise now offer US Dollar account?
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by IMO01: 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Can you use transferwise to open stripe account
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Tallguy28: 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2020
No they don't if you live in Nigeria.
MelaninGemstone:
Hello sir, do you know if transfer wise now offer US Dollar account?
Re: Why You Should Open An Offshore Bank Account by Tallguy28: 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
I'm not sure. contact the Transferwise Customer care team
IMO01:
Can you use transferwise to open stripe account

(1) (Reply)

Betting :::: A Good Investment Strategy!! / 2010 Ford Transit Ambulance. Tokunbo. Fully Equipped. 2 Units / Abuja: Joint Venture Land For Development (build On My Land And Share Profit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.