Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ (1434 Views)

Naira Falls At Parallel Market, Appreciates In Official Window / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs / Naira Gains Marginally, Closes At N366/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by CokeBar(f): 5:55pm On Mar 11, 2020
Following the continuous fall in the price of crude oil below the Federal Government benchmark for the year, market speculators have started hoarding the US dollar as many projected that the Central Bank of Nigeria would devalue the local currency to protect the foreign reserves and sustain dollar liquidity in an import-dependent economy.

The uncertainty surrounding the local economy weighed on the Naira on Tuesday, the local currency declined by N6 to N366 per US dollar at the parallel market.

This was after Saudi Arabia led 14 members failed to secure Russia supports to cap oil production by another 1.5 million barrels per day on Friday. While Moscow had said the door was not closed to OPEC completely, Saudi Arabia did not see reason in further discussions without a predetermined framework for talks.

Experts had predicted that oil-dependent economies like Nigeria would struggle to fund 2020 budgets, saying Russia pulled out of further cuts for the same reason. Nigeria’s foreign reserves has been on the decline since peaking at $45 billion in June 2019 while capital flight has risen in Africa’s largest economy as investors complained of unclear economic path and counterproductive policies.

Market speculators have started disrupting the foreign exchange market by hoarding the US dollar amid growing speculation that the Central Bank of Nigeria would be forced to lower devalue the Naira to sustain its intervention program, prevent the foreign reserves and sustain dollar liquidity in the market.

According to one of the dealers, demand for the US dollar surged at the foreign exchange market on Tuesday due to devaluation fear. “People have been calling asking for dollars but we do not have enough so the rate had to go up,” the dealer who pleaded anonymity stated.

https://investorsking.com/naira-falls-against-us-dollar-to-n366/

Lalasticlala, mynd44, puskin, dominique, naijacutee, FOD

Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
All other currencies in d world are falling against 
the Almighty dollar
Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by AfroAgroPower: 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
CokeBar:
Following the continuous fall in the price of crude oil below the Federal Government benchmark for the year, market speculators have started hoarding the US dollar as many projected that the Central Bank of Nigeria would devalue the local currency to protect the foreign reserves and sustain dollar liquidity in an import-dependent economy.

The uncertainty surrounding the local economy weighed on the Naira on Tuesday, the local currency declined by N6 to N366 per US dollar at the parallel market.

This was after Saudi Arabia led 14 members failed to secure Russia supports to cap oil production by another 1.5 million barrels per day on Friday. While Moscow had said the door was not closed to OPEC completely, Saudi Arabia did not see reason in further discussions without a predetermined framework for talks.

Experts had predicted that oil-dependent economies like Nigeria would struggle to fund 2020 budgets, saying Russia pulled out of further cuts for the same reason. Nigeria’s foreign reserves has been on the decline since peaking at $45 billion in June 2019 while capital flight has risen in Africa’s largest economy as investors complained of unclear economic path and counterproductive policies.

Market speculators have started disrupting the foreign exchange market by hoarding the US dollar amid growing speculation that the Central Bank of Nigeria would be forced to lower devalue the Naira to sustain its intervention program, prevent the foreign reserves and sustain dollar liquidity in the market.

According to one of the dealers, demand for the US dollar surged at the foreign exchange market on Tuesday due to devaluation fear. “People have been calling asking for dollars but we do not have enough so the rate had to go up,” the dealer who pleaded anonymity stated.

Hi, Do you sell Paypal funds?

If You Do..

I AM MESSIAH. ONI, Ayodeji Anthonyeshua.

I AM an AGRICULTURAL LIFE TOURIST, JOURNALIST and SOLUTIONIST.

I'm up for a Revenue Boost Strategic Partnership for a new Investment Opportunity which promises to yield MASSIVE and PASSIVE Daily Returns on Investments.

I'm in search of who sells Legitimate/Clean PayPal funds for a daily and long term Revenue Boost Opportunity.

If you do sell PayPal funds; What's your rate?

Can you provide up to $500 - $5,000 on a daily basis?

10% Financial Rewards will also be your portion if you can link me to Paypal Sellers who can Manifest Our Daily Consignment Deals even if you do not have Paypal funds directly to Sell to Me.

I have a new business consignment of Revenue Boost through Paypal which I'll love we get partnered to achieve.

I'll explain more if you are opened for partnership.
Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by samsard(m): 6:04am On Sep 13, 2021
AfroAgroPower:

Hi, Do you sell Paypal funds?

If You Do..

I AM MESSIAH. ONI, Ayodeji Anthonyeshua.

I AM an AGRICULTURAL LIFE TOURIST, JOURNALIST and SOLUTIONIST.

I'm up for a Revenue Boost Strategic Partnership for a new Investment Opportunity which promises to yield MASSIVE and PASSIVE Daily Returns on Investments.

I'm in search of who sells Legitimate/Clean PayPal funds for a daily and long term Revenue Boost Opportunity.

If you do sell PayPal funds; What's your rate?

Can you provide up to $500 - $5,000 on a daily basis?

10% Financial Rewards will also be your portion if you can link me to Paypal Sellers who can Manifest Our Daily Consignment Deals even if you do not have Paypal funds directly to Sell to Me.

I have a new business consignment of Revenue Boost through Paypal which I'll love we get partnered to achieve.

I'll explain more if you are opened for partnership.
cheesy
Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by nymphomaniac(m): 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
CokeBar:

take me back to this day sad
Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by CokeBar(f): 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
nymphomaniac:
take me back to this day sad

Lol, right!!!
Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by CokeBar(f): 6:22pm On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by vicahto(m): 12:37pm On Jun 06, 2022
Buying Wise (Transferwise) funds @ 560/$

Come with a reputable escrow.
WhatsApp number in my signature
Re: Naira Falls Against US Dollar To N366/$ by nymphomaniac(m): 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2023
CokeBar:

how I wish I could see the future. Chai

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Helicopter For Sale / Affordable Groundnut Skin Peeling Machine / Focus! Check Out Opened Opportunities To Expand Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.