Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. (2909 Views)

Ronaldinho Detained For Entering Paraguay With A Fake Passport (Photos) / 2019 FIFA Beach Soccer: Brazil Defeats Nigeria 12 - 2 In Paraguay / Argentina 1-1 Paraguay: Messi Goal Not Enough As Albiceleste Still On Bottom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Ronaldinho is currently being held in a Paraguayan prison for allegedly attempting to enter the country using a false passport.

The Brazilian legend was travelling alongside his brother and agent Roberto de Assis Moreira using documentation that suggests that he’s a naturalized Paraguay citizen.

He was taken in for questioning and co-operated with police and many expected the former Barcelona midfielder to escape with little more than a fine and a warning.

But after a court in Paraguay refused his bail and rejected appeals for house arrest, Ronaldinho and his brother have now been taken to Asuncion prison.

The 2005 Ballon d'Or winner has even been pictured smiling in the facility, where he could reportedly be held for up to six months.

But the story gets even more bizarre because according to Brazilian newspaper Extra, the prison are now hosting a futsal tournament.

The indoor tournament will begin next Monday and it's expected Ronaldinho will be spectating.

"We don't expect Ronaldinho to participate, but we would like him to attend," Commissioner Blas Vera told Extra.

That can't be a coincidence, can it? Well apparently, it is.

The internal competition is usually held every six months and was scheduled long before the 2002 World Cup winner was detained.

As many as 194 inmates will be split into teams of 10 and they will play amongst themselves - no prison offers will be involved.

While the Brazil football legend will likely be out of prison soon, his lawyer has blasted the courts for deciding to lock him up in the first place. He also called his client 'stupid'.

The courts have not taken into account the fact that Ronaldinho didn’t know he was committing a crime, because he didn’t understand he had been given false documents. He is stupid."

Meanwhile in prison Ronaldinho sign autographs and drink alcohol.

Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by NextD18: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
From grace to grass.
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
NextD18:
From grace to grass.
for me I think there is an agenda to this.

2 Likes

Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by oz4real83(m): 7:12pm On Mar 11, 2020
Ronaldinho had the talents to have become the best player in the history of football but he wasted it. He is better than Messi, Ronaldo, Pelle and Maradona, ALL of them combined but lived a wayward life that turned him to an ordinary person undecided

3 Likes

Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2020
Sort of reminds of that episode in which Supa Strikas took on Prison 11.

A soccer super star trapped behind bars and prison football team... smiley

Only Ronaldinho isn't Haruna Ilerika. sad
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by lmm4real: 10:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
I like the guys spirit, dude seems calm about the whole issue. No publicity is bad publicity. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by Kpalobi(m): 11:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
mansakhalifa:
Sort of reminds of that episode in which Supa Strikas took on Prison 11.

A soccer super star trapped behind bars and prison football team... smiley

Only Ronaldinho isn't Haruna Ilerika. sad

Omoh eh.. U still remember that kain tin.. Respect boss
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
lmm4real:
I like the guys spirit, dude seems calm about the whole issue. No publicity is bad publicity. undecided
Yeaaaaa.
They want to make RAISE WEALTH for prisoners through him.
The BUSINESS has just begun....
RONALDINHO always smile at ugly situations and turns them into something fascinating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 12, 2020
Paraguay sharp sha. They're keeping that guy there for tourism purposes, see as them just organize football tournament sharperly. I bet they'll be no disturbance throughout his stay there
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by seanwilliam(m): 6:03am On Mar 12, 2020
oz4real83:
Ronaldinho had the talents to have become the best player in the history of football but he wasted it. He is better than Messi, Ronaldo, Pelle and Maradona, ALL of them combined but lived a wayward life that turned him to an ordinary person undecided
use your sense whenever you want to comment, no be by force to talk.. even ronaldinho would laugh at this and shake his head for u..
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by oz4real83(m): 6:06am On Mar 12, 2020
seanwilliam:
use your sense whenever you want to comment, no be by force to talk.. even ronaldinho would laugh at this and shake his head for u..
u are the one not using your sense now. U know nothing about football. I won't bother replying your senselessness anymore.
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by seanwilliam(m): 6:08am On Mar 12, 2020
oz4real83:
u are the one not using your sense now. U know nothing about football. I won't bother replying your senselessness anymore.
shut up, stop saying nonsense with confidence.. wetin u know about football? Why on earth would you say ronaldinho is better than messi, ronaldo,pele and Maradona combined?? As in shey una no dey reason before u open mouth ni??

2 Likes

Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by oz4real83(m): 6:11am On Mar 12, 2020
seanwilliam:
shut up, stop saying nonsense with confidence.. wetin u know about football? Why on earth would you say ronaldinho is better than messi, ronaldo,pele and Maradona combined?? As in shey una no dey reason before u open mouth ni??
u really need a doctor to check u out according to one of your posts. The doctor doesn't only need to check out your rashes but also your brain, there is absolutely nothing there.
Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by seanwilliam(m): 6:22am On Mar 12, 2020
oz4real83:
u really need a doctor to check u out according to one of your posts. The doctor doesn't only need to check out your rashes but also your brain, there is absolutely nothing there.
mehn, I made a very terrible mistake to have stooped so low and exchange words with u. I think say I dey follow sensible human being talk ni, I no no say na una ..honestly.. well the post u talking about is more than 4 months, so the rashes is gone , done and dusted grin.. so u had to check my profile?? Bro you are very daft ooo, are you from Buhari's lineage??

1 Like

Re: Prison Where Ronaldinho Is Being Held In Paraguay Are Hosting Futsal Tournament. by UdyOgwoUde(m): 11:59am On Mar 12, 2020
oz4real83:

That's Brazilians for you. Once you're a big player from Brazil and your transfer fee is outrageous, your carrier won't end well. Pride and partying lifestyle will set in. That's how Robinho and Andriano ended, apart from Kaka who was a pastor. Neymar and Jesus will join the crew in no distant time. Mark my word

(1) (Reply)

Download ALBUM: Jaden Smith CTV3: Zip & Mp3 Cool Tape Vol 3 / Marion Jones Pleads Guilty In Drug Case, Retires / The Success Of Spain: A Lesson For Every Football Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.