Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,949 members, 7,799,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate (31620 Views)

Alleged Terrorism: Our Hands Tied On Pantami, Says Senate / Shettima: Anyone Above 70 Years Should Forget About Contesting For President / Jones Abiri Released After Two Years, Should He Sue The Government? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by pseudaria: 11:27am On Mar 12, 2020
GermanMelania:
Lol. Such b.s see plan to take other people's land and enslave them. The north with thier population. Ndi igbos claiming lagos. Voting will become insane. How many southern people move up north where it is a more restrictive culture? I hope this bill dies or we are screwed. The kind war wey go break out ehn. Plus they will make this retroactive. And what will happen in 20 years when all those almajiris grow up?. This is bad policy. Say no to birthright citizenship.

But you can go to Canada and within 5yrs become a citizen. Why can't igbos born in Lagos become indigenes but you from dirty oshogbo can claim lagosian, oga shut up
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by TuFab(f): 11:28am On Mar 12, 2020
Why can't these useless senators tackle the simplest and most important problems of the country like electricity, transportation, education etc and leave this kind of unnecessary and ambiguous bills for the developed countries or at least, wait till we reach this level of development?
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Niggmatic: 11:32am On Mar 12, 2020
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

But you know stupid people can come up with policies that are detrimental to wellbeing of Nigerians? It's not every policy government comes up with, that the citizens must follow. After all, those in government are humans who are prone to making bad decisions especially in our society were nepotism and bigotry is the order of the day.

I understand.
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria not the politicians. Politicians only ride on established sentiment to perpetuate themselves. If Nigerian s change, the politicians will automatically change. Think about it deeply.

I only support this because the way I see it, is that if everyone can claim everywhere in Nigeria, certain things like tribalism will fizzle away.

If we want to live together as a nation, let's do so with utmost sincerity but if not, let everyone go their separate ways.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 11:38am On Mar 12, 2020
SoNature:

Oga, stop all these senseless interpretations

That's how federal system of government works anywhere in the world

If you are born in a state, you are automatically from that state

If you live in a state for a period of time, you are automatically from that state

If Nigeria wants to practice a federation, we should practice federation the way it's done in the United States (not bastardize that system of government)

I am sure the so-called Fulanis also pushed the Delta-born senator to sponsor the bill that seeks the amendment of electoral act so we can incorporate electronic voting

While Ovie-Agege may be notorious for stealing the mace, I have yet to see any other senator who sponsors more number of sensible bills than him.

PLS KEEP THIS NONSENSE TO YOURSELF... THIS WONT FLY .SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by holicupp(m): 11:42am On Mar 12, 2020
this bill will mostly favour Igbo people but I know that they won't support it
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by holicupp(m): 11:44am On Mar 12, 2020
Niggmatic:

I understand.
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria not the politicians. Politicians only ride on established sentiment to perpetuate themselves. If Nigerian s change, the politicians will automatically change. Think about it deeply.

I only support this because the way I see it, is that if everyone can claim everywhere in Nigeria, certain things like tribalism will fizzle away.

If we want to live together as a nation, let's do so with utmost sincerity but if not, let everyone go their separate ways.

THE BEST OPTION IS SEPARATION
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 11:49am On Mar 12, 2020
Coldie:

Its going to happen one day. You are just delaying the inevitable

Sorry IT WONT

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 11:49am On Mar 12, 2020
awgumayor:
On the contrary, it is the best bill that will foister unity among the tribes in Nigeria if we had loved ourselves. It will help us to assimilate and live side by side and reduce political intimidation and marginalization. But because of there is no love and trust, I agree with you.

You well so?

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 11:50am On Mar 12, 2020
Coldie:

I prefer this policy 100times over restructuring.

This would bring competition into the system without doing anything

Really? Are you this myopic?
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Coldie(m): 11:52am On Mar 12, 2020
Evercurious:

Sorry IT WONT
Y
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Coldie(m): 11:53am On Mar 12, 2020
holicupp:
this bill will mostly favour Igbo people but I know that they won't support it
Y won't we support it?
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Coldie(m): 11:53am On Mar 12, 2020
holicupp:

THE BEST OPTION IS SEPARATION
Nobody is going anywhere
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by babaireti(m): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2020
[quote author=GermanMelania post=87367721]Lol. Such b.s see plan to take other people's land and enslave them. The north with thier population. Ndi igbos claiming lagos. Voting will become insane. How many southern people move up north where it is a more restrictive culture? I hope this bill dies or we are screwed. The kind war wey go break out ehn. Plus they will make this retroactive. And what will happen in 20 years when all those almajiris grow up?. This is bad policy. Say no to birthright citizenship. [/qOvie-uote]

Ovie-Omo Agege wants to surreptitiously become an indigine of Agege in Lagos,never it will not work, IPOd miscreants of Yeasterners and Fulani Herdsmen will never lay claim to Yoruba land where we laboured so hard to develop when others were busy looting their regional wealth.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 11:58am On Mar 12, 2020
Ausrichie:
Its good I like it sha. Though I know my fellow igbo guys won't like it but this kind of Bill can kill tribalism, divide and rule must go.

Pls stop being myopic here
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by babaireti(m): 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ovie-Omo Agege wants to surreptitiously become an indigine of Agege in Lagos,never it will not work, IPOd miscreants of Yeasterners and Fulani Herdsmen will never lay claim to Yoruba land where we laboured so hard to develop when others were busy looting their regional wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 12:03pm On Mar 12, 2020
Coldie:

Y won't we support it?

Are you really Igbo? This isnt about Igbo or whatever tribe.. THIS IS RUGA IN DISGUISE.. Overtime the Fulani's ll outnumber the other tribes , elections would be a walk over for them and they wld call the shots there.. CANT YOU SEE FAR? IGBOS ARE NT AS MYOPIC AS YOU ARE
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by holicupp(m): 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
Coldie:
Nobody is going anywhere

guy ain't u tired of this one Nigerian Mumbo-Jumbo eh....?
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by holicupp(m): 12:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
Evercurious:

Are you really Igbo? This isnt about Igbo or whatever tribe.. THIS IS RUGA IN DISGUISE.. Overtime the Fulani's ll outnumber the other tribes , elections would be a walk over for them and they wld call the shots there.. CANT YOU SEE FAR?

exactly that's my reason too
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
babaireti:

Pls stop being stupid here.. What's in lagos that you feel other tribes want to take away? Your dirty suffer head land where you have no road living a hectic and stressful life after paying al the tax to just one man?

Pls go get a life and learn think better. Okay?
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Coldie(m): 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
Evercurious:

Are you really Igbo? This isnt about Igbo or whatever tribe.. THIS IS RUGA IN DISGUISE.. Overtime the Fulani's ll outnumber the other tribes , elections would be a walk over for them and they wld call the shots there.. CANT YOU SEE FAR? IGBOS ARE NT AS MYOPIC AS YOU ARE
What are u saying... This is a very ignorant and tribalistic way of reasoning Fulani's are not the problems of igbos, I hope to see an alliance between us not this
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by fjjc(m): 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
omoharry:
Well spoken.I get where you are coming from. Well, maybe for now we are not ripe for that bill. This is because the Fulani headsmen and their collaborators could take advantage of such system by claiming ownership of these region through their rapid increase in population by birth( for they are known to breed like rats).They will now start their usual trouble of killing and taking possession of people's land, claiming ownership of the region after installing an emir for that locality. They are trouble makers, we really don't need them around us.
I wish the South and Middle belt could just break away and live these barbaric people to join their sisters and brothers in Sudan ,Chad and Niger.
Considering so many factors disintegration is the best option
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Coldie(m): 12:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
holicupp:

guy ain't u tired of this one Nigerian Mumbo-Jumbo eh....?
The bill would mostly favour Igbo people u said.

Forgetting that we are all Nigerians
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Evercurious(f): 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2020
Coldie:

What are u saying... This is a very ignorant and tribalistic way of reasoning Fulani's are not the problems of igbos, I hope to see an alliance between us not this

Pls go for a BRAIN RESET.. You desperately need one...
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 12:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
This is how Boko-Haramites and Fulani herdsmen Will become legal citizens of southwest, southeast and southsouth in Nigeria. In Jesus-Christ Name, it shall not stand. Amen

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
Evercurious:

Pls stop being myopic here
How. Is it not the truth? Tell me your view then. Everything is not about islamisation I know a lot of Fulani people they are not killers so stop behaving like this. Besides this is a country they have the freedom to access anywhere as long as they are citizens.
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by holicupp(m): 12:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Coldie:
The bill would mostly favour Igbo people u said.
Forgetting that we are all Nigerians

hey don't get me wrong dude what I mean is that Igbo's leaves out of their region more than any other tribes
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by holicupp(m): 12:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
AdeolaOmoOba:
This is how Boko-Haramites and Fulani herdsmen Will become legal citizens of southwest, southeast and southsouth in Nigeria. In Jesus-Christ Name, it shall not stand. Amen

omo oduwawan u dey vex imagine such alacrity

after they don show us who they are na back to sender be my prayer nowadays

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by LLMG: 12:51pm On Mar 12, 2020
the only purpose of this bill is to indigenize fulanis all over nigeria so they will have a soft landing in actualizing their plans, the foolish ones won't see it until destruction come upon them.
Emmanuelhector:
Good move

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by LLMG: 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
the northerners are smartly using their brains while the southern cowardly useful idiots are doing their bidding
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by frog12: 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
omo-agege don lost am
omo-agege don lost am
omo-agege don lost am
omo-agege don lost am
omo-agege don lost am
omo-agege don lost am
omo-agege don lost am

1 Like

Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by frog12: 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
omo-agege is supposed to be a lawyer. why is he confusing indigene and residency dey be two different things
omo-agege is supposed to be a lawyer. why is he confusing indigene and residency dey be two different things
Re: Resident Of A State For 10 Years Should Become Indigene, Says Senate by Emmanuelhector(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
LLMG:
the only purpose of this bill is to indigenize fulanis all over nigeria so they will have a soft landing in actualizing their plans, the foolish ones won't see it until destruction come upon them.
Read the details again and understand that a Fulani man can’t reside in a state for 10 years .. plus tax .. Just like the yorubas, can they even pay millions to acquire land in the east? No.. Don’t get every news twisted
We Igbos in Lagos and other states with landed properties and tax details will be tagged indigenes too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ikamu Hamidu Kato Sentenced To Two Years In Prison For Insulting Buhari, SGF / Fuel Subsidy Removal: Kwara Govt Reduces Workdays To Three For Public Servants / Troops Eliminate 4 IPOB/ESN Gunmen, Recover Arms, Vechicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.