Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp Accuses Atletico Madrid Of Not Playing 'proper Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp Accuses Atletico Madrid Of Not Playing 'proper Football (276 Views)

Arsenal Have Paid Mesut Ozil £8,000 A Minute For NOT Playing This Season / Jurgen Klopp: Atletico Don't Play Proper Football / Liverpool Boss Jurgen Klopp Warns Atletico Madrid Of Intimidating Anfield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp Accuses Atletico Madrid Of Not Playing 'proper Football by beresponsible(m): 1:39am On Mar 12, 2020
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp took aim at Atletico Madrid's style of play by claiming that the Spanish club did not play "proper football" at Anfield.

Substitutes Marcos Llorente and Alvaro Morata combined to dump holders Liverpool out of the Champions League as Atletico staged an extra-time fightback on Merseyside.

Following the result, Klopp told BT Sport: "I'm completely happy with the performance. What can I say? It's so difficult to play against a side like that.

"I don't understand with this quality they have to be honest why they play this type of football. It's right, the winner is always.

When I see players like Koke, Saul, Llorente, they could play proper football and not stand in their own half and play counter-attacking football.

"They beat us, that's how it is and we accept that of course. Congratulations to them. It doesn't feel right tonight. I realise I'm a really, really bad loser.

Especially when the boys put such an effort in a game. Not just two players but with two banks of four and two strikers in front of them. They didn't even have counter-attacks.

"They were just brilliant. We have to accept that we concede three goals but the game can decide this.

"We had some lucky moments in the Champions League, we know that to get to two finals. Today, it was pretty much everything against us in the decisive moments."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/jurgen-klopp-atletico-madrid-proper-football-vs-liverpool-a4385091.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Does Liverpool Stand A Chance / Jadon Sancho Urged To Snub Manchester United By Team-mate / Italy Begins Drawing Up Medical Guidelines For Serie A Re-start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.