Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us (32833 Views)

Houthis Knock Out Underwater Cables Linking Europe To Asia - Globes / Breaking News Iran: President Trump Bans All Muslims From Entering United States / Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Dlee1(m): 2:15am On Mar 12, 2020
Donald Trump has suspended all flights from mainland Europe to the US for 30 days following the spread of coronavirus cases across the continent. The US president said the sanctions will come into effect from midnight - but will not apply to flights from the UK.

He blamed the European Union for not acting quickly enough to address the outbreak of the virus and said US
clusters were "seeded" by European travellers. The president said the US would monitor the situation to determine if travel could be reopened earlier. Mr Trump said "we are marshalling the full power" of the government and private sector to protect the American people.
https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-donald-trump-bans-all-travel-from-mainland-europe-to-us-for-30-days-11955860

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by CanadaOrBust: 2:29am On Mar 12, 2020
Our good old 9ja has never instituted a ban or automatic quarantine on anybody, including people from Wuhan!
For our having no corona,
THANK OUR WEATHER NOT GOVT!!!

*For the low-info people who keep mentioning Iran:
IRAN IS COLD! STOP COMPARING IRAN AND NIGERIA!!!
Average temp in Iran: 9.9C
Average temp in Nigeria: 26.1C

**FTC! FTC!!
I dedicate this FTC to our hot weather

U can be proud of Nigeria, I’m proud of Nigeria too.
But let’s not base it on a lie. All evidence is that Wuhan virus does not transmit in warmer areas. Even in Italy almost all the cases are in the cold northern regions (see below).
Countries have long banned flights from, or automatic quarantine for all high-incidence areas (see below - travel bans in US in February!). Nigeria has done none of that to date.
With this attitude just think what would have happened if our weather were cold!
By the way our rainy season is not cold. Nigeria never gets cold the way we’re talking about.
THANK OUR WEATHER NOT ANY GOVT.!!!

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Nobody: 3:45am On Mar 12, 2020
I can’t find sleep. This news doesn’t concern me because I live in Lagos, Nigeria and not Europe. And I don’t even plan on going to Europe in the first place except if I get free visa and the person that will give me the visa will accommodate me and feed me for one full year in Europe, else forgerrit. angry

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Sweetcollins: 3:45am On Mar 12, 2020
Pathetic
The economy of the world would soon be at stake.
There is a handwriting on the wall but only those with spiritual eyez can interpret it.
It shall be well with MANY

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by wongwe: 3:46am On Mar 12, 2020
Nice move

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by dgifted: 3:46am On Mar 12, 2020
9ja don ban flights from anywhere ?

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by smile11s(m): 3:47am On Mar 12, 2020
This is welcomed development. Naija should follow ASAP

10 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by ScamKiller(m): 3:47am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Nobody: 3:47am On Mar 12, 2020
Lol, as if it's not in America already

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by daluvdr: 3:47am On Mar 12, 2020
grin
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Raalsalghul: 3:48am On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Nobody: 3:48am On Mar 12, 2020
CanadaOrBust:
Our good old 9ja has never instituted a ban or automatic quarantine on anybody, including people from Wuhan!
First you said it was Melanie since it's spreading in SA now it's weather.

Shebi SA temperature is different from Nigeria or our weather is hotter than Iran, Saudi, etc

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Dadurty(m): 3:48am On Mar 12, 2020
At the present state of the world ... every country needs strict rules guiding there migration...coronavirus is real ... may God protect Naija

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:51am On Mar 12, 2020
Just as this tin don affect my Roma and inter Milan match wey I book down for Europa league , make the tin kukuma end world, this one wey dey affect our bet ticket up and down tire me badly

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Nobody: 3:52am On Mar 12, 2020
Yahoo boys Wey dey collect ticket money for clients hand how market. Una doh. Maye no go send money again o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by wink2015(m): 3:52am On Mar 12, 2020
The weather in Nigeria is the one controlling the spread.

Not the careless Buhari government.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by helixmanager: 3:53am On Mar 12, 2020
Coronavirus is a sign to reflect the weakness of mankind.

Microscopic organisms controlling world leaders, creating fear and panic in the heart of mankind while animals are safe.

God is STRONG and we are weak!!!

This is definitely a sign for men of understanding.

142 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Humblega(m): 3:53am On Mar 12, 2020
USA itself has gotten over 1300 case, 328 recorded cases on wednesday alone.

i am not seeking so, but if this virus stays around for 2 months more, some countries with already leaky economy might go into thin air.

A very hard time for the world.

*Not an earthquake in Japan
* Not mud slide in sierra leone

* not a flooding in Bangladesh

*Not a civil war in Syria

*Not a hurricane in USA

* not a bushfire in Australia

* Not a maylasia plane missing

* Not Unrest in Libya.

* Not a terrorism in Afghanista

* not Israel- Palestine land disputes

* No religion speared. No race left out

124 countries touched already. even the little yet to touch, cannot sleep with both eye closed.

It is a monster dat is a threat to all human being living .

No country to call upon, all are already bust protecting their pple and territories.

In ds 1 every malam has his own kettle to take care of.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by jayson87: 3:55am On Mar 12, 2020
This is a good move.

Meanwhile Nigeria is claiming she got all it takes to tackle Corona virus. With what is happening in Italy, you can't but tell that there is no Corona virus in Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by rentAcock(m): 3:57am On Mar 12, 2020
But... but...but he said it was all a conspiracy by the Deep State and Democrats to bring him down and hurt his reelection prospects. Another worldwide recession is loading. Oil prices are at record lows. Our naira will soon fall like a rock. Buy gold now, save your money and expect the worst.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by 9gerian: 3:58am On Mar 12, 2020
We thank God for the hot weather!

The heat is paying off!!!

CanadaOrBust:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Yankee101: 4:01am On Mar 12, 2020
I hope buhari will learn

It's not time to kiss any asses

It's time to take action
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Ezyp(m): 4:02am On Mar 12, 2020
Honestly, European governments were very slow to react. Dem fall hand

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by chukwugoziegi: 4:03am On Mar 12, 2020
Responsible countries are banning flights while our leaders are saying Nigeria isn't Isolated from the rest of the world and that they can't stop planes from coming in. #Odiegwu

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by daddytime(m): 4:04am On Mar 12, 2020
Wow

This is unprecedented and will do so much harm to US-EU relations going forward.

But the EU would say, they haven’t banned any flights originating from the US even with the deadly influenza ravaging them with an over 10,000 death reported in a year and still counting.

Wetin dey happen?

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by LordAdam16: 4:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Mikehot:
Lol, as if it's not in America already

So because it's in the US already, they should gleefully open their doors to more potentially infected people quo? I swear there should be an IQ and common sense criteria to get connected on the Web!

When Trump shut the borders with China and airlines were suspending flights; everyone else should have done so simultaneously.

But WHO, the EU, globalists and "experts" were telling us that was unnecessary. Meanwhile, China was locking down tens of millions of people in Wuhan.

Now Europe due to their sheer stupidity and utter irresponsibility have over 18000 cases and have infected dozens of countries around the world, including virtually EVERY case in Africa.

The same id*ots are now complaining that since everyone has it, there's no point stopping travel. Even while Italy and Denmark have shut down their respective countries.

-Lord

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Iluvmycontr3: 4:07am On Mar 12, 2020
helixmanager:
Coronavirus is a sign to reflect the weakness of mankind.

Microscopic organisms controlling world leaders, creating fear and panic in the heart of mankind while animals are safe.

God is STRONG and we are weak!!!

This is definitely a sign for men of understanding.
.Exactly. I concur.

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by safetyInspector(m): 4:07am On Mar 12, 2020
Qatar, Saudi, Iran etc are still in winter so their weather is currently much better than many parts of Nigeria. Their weather will start getting hot from mid April.
Mikehot:
First you said it was Melanie since it's spreading in SA now it's weather.

Shebi SA temperature is different from Nigeria or our weather is hotter than Iran, Saudi, etc

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by RaptorX: 4:10am On Mar 12, 2020
If the oyinbos can ban their fellow oyinbos why are African leaders this fantastically stupid to still be allowing flights from Europe and China, this our inferiority complex is going to lead to our doom.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Yankee101: 4:15am On Mar 12, 2020
Sweetcollins:
Pathetic
The economy of the world would soon be at stake.
There is a handwriting on the wall but only those with spiritual eyez can interpret it.
It shall be well with MANY

You don't need spiritual eyes at this time to see it, it's already made manifest

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by anonymousghost2(m): 4:16am On Mar 12, 2020
Nice one
Re: Coronavirus: Trump Bans Travel From Europe To Us by Passionate888: 4:16am On Mar 12, 2020
This is what the dullarddd is supposed to do. Ban immigration... Our presid!ot just mumu like cow

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Michael Adebolajo Became Radicalized From Schoolboy To Jihadist / President Macron Fires Bodyguard For Beating Protester / Niger Coup: Russia Opposes Military Action, Won’t Deploy Troops – Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.