Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,437 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors (38498 Views)

Reps To Bar Courts From Sacking President, Governors / NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators / Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by ObaOduaa: 3:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

The truth hurts.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by asorodayo1: 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Had it been such laudable bill has been passed some 6 years back, we wouldn't have been in the current mess we found ourselves.
our please failed to raise the bill then
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Owutuotuo(m): 3:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
fergie001:
This is just second reading nah......but it's a good one.
And it will still go to HoR o
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by seguntijan(m): 3:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
hightime we eradicate this military Mafia
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by GamalNasser: 3:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
obailala:

Buhari's military certificates are equivalent of HND, bachelors and even masters, and the newly passed bill does actually states "HND or its equivalent"... Passing the bill even 20 years ago wouldn't have changed anything.

Which Military cert? Name them ? I hope you have have heard the US War college say what they gave Buhari is a mere attendance cert and doesn't represent any class of degree
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by voltron14: 4:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

Which Military cert? Name them ? I hope you have have heard the US War college say what they gave Buhari is a mere attendance cert and doesn't represent any class of degree

You've been boasting your father was a milad.

I take it he was not even qualified up to OND.
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by lakesider(m): 4:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
So sowore will not be qualified to contest again?

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2020
Antoeni:
Still not OK, let it be PHD for President, Masters for gov/Senator, BSC/HND for Rep & Chairman and OND for counsellor, etc & see how illiteracy will disappear within ten years

In my view, an HND in management, economics, accounting or sociology is better than a Phd in fisheries or forestry for a political office holder. It's not just about the level of the degree, it's about what knowledge was acquired while getting it.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by obailala(m): 4:03pm On Mar 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

Lol.. keeping deluding yourself that attendance certificate got a person promoted in the military up to General rank. Your will of course say it's 'quota system'. But you'd soon explain whether there weren't any other Fulani military men from Katsina with real certificates that could have gotten those promotions above buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by ogbonti: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
moderatedguy:
Indictment on the Dullard

they should impeach the dullard not just indict!

everyday Buhari spends as president of Nigeria is a slap on ethics, ridicule of our collective intelligence as a people and a rape of our democracy!
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by ObaOduaa: 4:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

[/s]
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by OnArealTho: 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
omowolewa:
And you think baba will sign it to law?

Nigeria defence academy na tertiary education.
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by DonroxyII: 4:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
Antoeni:
Still not OK, let it be PHD for President, Masters for gov/Senator, BSC/HND for Rep & Chairman and OND for counsellor, etc & see how illiteracy will disappear within ten years
You will see Oluwole Certificate you will tire ....

even with this HND, some Poly Registrars and Rector are in money now .... Certificate racketeering is now the stew and soup grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
DMerciful:
Bubu will be the last certificateless dvvlard
his certificates are in the barracks somewhere
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by GamalNasser: 4:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
voltron14:

My father was full regular officer from the Nigerian Defence Academy with two solid engineering degrees from India and the UK to back it up ...My father is not a roadside Nyamanguru water tanker officer like Buhari who was the top beneficiary of the ills of the quota system . If Nigeria was working right Buhari was not even qualified to be dad's batman in the military.
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by coputa(m): 4:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Had it been such laudable bill has been passed some 6 years back, we wouldn't have been in the current mess we found ourselves.
Was it not the poverty template your Otuoke PHD President left on ground that the incumbent is building upon.
Come to think of it,is our problems, as a result of lack of educated leaders.
The more educated a Nigeria leader is,the more corrupt he will be.

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by voltron14: 4:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

My father full regular officer from the Nigerians Defence Academy with two solid engineering degrees from India and the UK to back it up ...My father is not a roadside Nyamanguru water tanker office like Buhari who was the top benificiary of the ills of the quota system . If Nigeria was working right Buhari was not even qualified to be dad's batman in the military.

Rubbish.

Korofo .
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Redman44(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good development. We can build on it smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley.

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by ObaOduaa: 4:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Rubbish.

Korofo .
[/s]
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by micflo28(m): 4:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
Certificate asides, every leader is bound to fail due to interference from greater powers in Nigeria. Let us find a way to stop forces from interfering with our leadership process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Etumudonsmart: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
To me, is not a enough it supposed to be MSC in political science, Law, sociology or Economics not just HND. Obama studied law, Trump studied Economics u can see d difference with our own.

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by chozzy: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
Maxymilliano:

I dey tell you
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by SammyChi1988: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by trutht828: 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2020
usba:
[s][/s]

ABI oh, you will not be waiting for Atiku to push measy crumbs towards ya side.

Are you depending on messy crumbs from BMC? is that why you think others depend on Atiku for crumbs? Not everyone is riddled with hunger like you.

this bill is clearly inductingsaying Buhari and calling him a bad president.

Tell yourself the truth for once.
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by icankel: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
Maxymilliano:
and u think same lawmakers won't forge there way into National Assembly?
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Tecord1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
From the write up, Only the governors will require a qualification of HND and its equivalents while Presidents and National assembly members require ND and its equivalent.
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by johnmartus(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Rubbish.
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Sewgon79(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Etumudonsmart:
To me, is not a enough it supposed to be MSC in political science, Law, sociology or Economics not just HND. Obama studied law, Trump studied Economics u can see d difference with our own.

My guy I want to say same things, they should adjust the constitutions that anyone vying for position of President/Governor in Nigeria should have 1st Class Degree in either ECONOMICS, PUBLIC MANAGEMENT, LAW, SOCIOLOGY, PHILOSOPHY.

Also, all the Federal House Senate and Representative members must be atleast 2.1 degree or Upper class HND.

Any body taken a leadership position in House of Assembly must be Law graduate with High Distinction.

I am sure we will have a capable hands to govern this country.

When you pass through this courses, believe me you can't be a dolly
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Ziggyduben(m): 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
They will still forge result to run for the position
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
More money for the “Oluwoles”
Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by Reference(m): 5:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
Antoeni:

Cross-River presently has a Professor as Governor and anothet Professor as Deputy.... and Calabar has not exactly become Silivon Valley, California.

The truth is under this structure we operate you can as well have King Solomon as Governor, Albert Einstein as Deputy, Copernicus as Speaker and Da Vinci as Commisioner of Works. Tbe only portfolio that will work in any meaningful way will belong to Nostradamus, Commisioner of You're All Wasting Your Time.

There is no nation I know that argues about the qualification of eld ted officiaks in parliament because it should nor matter. If institutions work properly they will naturally set those standards. If we all make elected offices positions and crucibles of solutions to societal challenges unqualified people wil naturally flee.But as long as sentiment remains the basis for handing over our mandate then even Professors will fail miserably.

It is the institutions that matter not the individuals.

1 Like

Re: Senate Okays HND As Minimum Qualification For President, Governors by SctDonald(m): 5:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
A region in Nigeria will not like this.. �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Oborevwori To Unveil Africa’s Tallest Christmas Tree In Delta (Photo) / President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured) / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.