Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:08 PM

Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? (1493 Views)

How Many Months Salary Is Advisable To Use For House Rent? / Is It Advisable To Go For Army Short Service? / Barbing Vs Tailoring Which One Is Advisable To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Doyin400l(m): 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
In respect to the advices I got from my old thread, I've accepted the job, now I'm thinking the kind of apartment to rent in Lagos on 65k salary.

Note: I'm a single guy just starting life

A room face me and face you house (150k total package)

A room self contain (250k total package)

A room and parlor self contain ( 350k total package)

What do you think guys?
Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Davash222(m): 2:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
You'll be earning 780K annually and you want to use 350K for house rent
How about clothing, feeding, transportation, girlfriends care and maintenance, miscellaneous expenses nko
Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Brooke60(f): 2:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
Doyin400l:
In respect to the advices I got from my old thread, I've accepted the job, now I'm thinking the kind of apartment to rent in Lagos on 65k salary.

What do you think guys?
Dont ever try to face me I face you in Lagos biko. Go for Self con, as a guy. That is still okay.

Just continue to look for better job and also a side hustle
Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Doyin400l(m): 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
Brooke60:
Dont ever try to face me I face you in Lagos biko. Go for Self con, as a guy. That is still okay.

Just continue to look for better job and also a side hustle

Thanks

I surely have side hustles, only thinking of settling down first then move to bigger apartment the following year.

Cost of rent is high in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by neutralmind: 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
Go for the 150k option. That's what you can afford for now.

What not consider a room in a flat and share with someone.

Should be more conducive than the face me I face you option
Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Doyin400l(m): 6:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
Mod biko frontpage I need elderly advise
Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by austertee01(m): 8:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
Doyin400l:

What do you think guys?

Good to know you finally accepted the offer, I advised same on the other thread.

On accommodation, a room self contain is your best bet. I am sure your house rent without agent and agreement subsequently will be around 180k - 200k). This means that saving 20k monthly from your salary & side-hustle will definitely pay your rent conveniently.

By the way, what part of Lagos are you looking at ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Doyin400l(m): 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
austertee01:

Good to know you finally accepted the offer, I advised same on the other thread.

On accommodation, a room self contain is your best bet. I am sure your house rent without agent and agreement subsequently will be around 180k - 200k). This means that saving 20k monthly from your salary & side-hustle will definitely pay your rent conveniently.

By the way, what part of Lagos are you looking at ?

Thank you. In Lagos, sharing bathroom and toilet isn't cool.

I'm looking at Oshodi or mushin because it very close to work and cheap to live in.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by CrazyMan(m): 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
I won't advise you to live in a face me I face you. The problem in this country is more than enough to bear. I see no reason using your hard earned money to buy more.

The room and palour self contain is also on the high side considering your annual income which is N780,000 therefore renting an accommodation of 350k isn't logical.

So we're left with the self contain which according to your post cost 250k for the total package.

From my understanding about renting an apartment, the initial rent is usually on the high side cos you're asked to pay agent, commission, agreement...etc. Subsequent years are quite lower

What this implies is that after paying for the accommodation, you'll set aside about 20k monthly from your salary for the next rent. You'll have about 45k left after doing that. Then remove your transportation, feeding, savings and miscellaneous for the month. By the time you add the proceedings from your side hustle, you'll discover that you'll be able to survive

Also you need to have a good budget on how your spendings will be. Many young guys are seriously broke not because they're poorly paid but because they spend recklessly.

Avoid unnecessary and reckless spendings, avoid sport betting, avoid clubs and bars, avoid girls (broke girls with high taste)...if you must date, look for a working class girl who can take care of herself and wouldn't budern you unnecessary with her needs.

Then keep searching for a much better job with a higher pay check. Since you already have enough experience from your current job, you'll get something much better.

Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Doyin400l(m): 5:07am On Mar 13, 2020
CrazyMan:
I won't advise you to live in a face me I face you. The problem in this country is more than enough to bear. I see no reason using your hard earned money to buy more.

The room and palour self contain is also on the high side considering your annual income which is N780,000 therefore renting an accommodation of 350k isn't logical.

So we're left with the self contain which according to your post cost 250k for the total package.

From my understanding about renting an apartment, the initial rent is usually on the high side cos you're asked to pay agent, commission, agreement...etc. Subsequent years are quite lower

What this implies is that after paying for the accommodation, you'll set aside about 20k monthly from your salary for the next rent. You'll have about 45k left after doing that. Then remove your transportation, feeding, savings and miscellaneous for the month. By the time you add the proceedings from your side hustle, you'll discover that you'll be able to survive

Also you need to have a good budget on how your spendings will be. Many young guys are seriously broke not because they're poorly paid but because they spend recklessly.

Avoid unnecessary and reckless spendings, avoid sport betting, avoid clubs and bars, avoid girls (broke girls with high taste)...if you must date, look for a working class girl who can take care of herself and wouldn't budern you unnecessary with her needs.

Then keep searching for a much better job with a higher pay check. Since you already have enough experience from your current job, you'll get something much better.

Good luck.

Nice input, you gave this a thorough analysis.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Is It Advisable To Rent 1 Room Or Self Contain On 65k Pay In Lagos? by Rursh(m): 11:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Doyin400l:

What do you think guys?

Doyin400L, see ehn, contact me. Mafo! 08031543954

(1) (Reply)

Do Oil Companies Give Scholarship To Study Abroad? / International Certification Training In Warri / Hidden Trick Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.