Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 AM

Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria (69949 Views)

List Of Senators That Voted Against Electronic Transmission Of Results / Full List Of The 61 Senators That Endorsed Ahmed Lawan For Senate President / The 41 Senators That Lost Return Opportunity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Romanoff(f): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
don't need to ask you why cos ur brain na maggi full am.

With Wetin you write up there so, e show say nothing even dey your own.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
ghettokid1:
1. Senator Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi - (APC, Niger North)
Sponsored Hate Speech Bill
2. Senator Mohammed Sani Mohammed - (APC, Niger East)
Sponsored Anti Social Media Bill
3. Senator Bima Enagi - (APC, Niger South) Sponsored Generator Ban Bill

Kudos to them.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Jaygirlseven(f): 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
Na was o na so
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Romanoff(f): 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

You talk as if u are not in Nigeria?
Make them start to sell first

That's why I said they need to look to alternative sources of energy and encourage renewable energy investors.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Emmanuelhector(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2020
Abdul9025:
smiley smiley wink atleast he tried... Most of them normally sleep and chop our money without doing anything, and he has his reason for Sponsoring the bill.. a Senator in my state has never for once speak at the national assembly
Its better to stay silent than to speak nonsense.. Silent is Gold
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by DAIL(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2020
puregrace:
Niger people!!! I can see some people are supporting generator ban bill
No need to ban generator selling/buying,give us stable power and generator will not sell again. It's that simple.
Even Dangote would not be happy buying fuel to fuel generators in his factories.
I wish I can choose my country easily
abeg talk am 4 pidgin because those clowns fit no hear
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2020
masterflowx:
All from Niger State?
I think there is no any mental health hospital in Niger State again...
They all needs mental evaluation.

To me, they are far better than the ones representing your state.
Take for instance, Hate Speech Bill was meant for people like you
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by maasoap(m): 3:02pm On Mar 13, 2020
daddytime:
What good has ever come out from Niger State?

Visit that State and you won't believe that's a State that has produced two Head of States.

Generation of power which you used to charge your useless Itel phone to type this rubbish
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Emmanuelhector(m): 3:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
maasoap:

To me, they are far better than the ones representing your state.
Take for instance, Hate Speech Bill was meant for people like you
. Must you display you small sense of reasoning on social media?
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by chozzy: 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
See their ugly faces
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by openmine(m): 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2020
Romanoff:

Not all forms of renewable energy are expensive. If Renewable energy companies generate energy, they can sell to Nigerians like discos.
No power company can do so without being added to the national grid!
Its there in our constitution!

Instead of this crazy and mindless bill,the senator and the senate should be pushing for the unbundling of the power sector!
In other words,Every state should develop their own power!

Once this is done,this same power companies will individually meet the government of each state and do the needful like you said!

But until that happens,no sensible company will invest their hard earned funds on a failing and uncoordinated institution like the power sector controlled by a politically inclined FG!

1 Like

Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by openmine(m): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
Swinger60:
you are making a point in your way, but, there some things that faze away by itself without even govt banning it. For eg, if our electricity sector becomes stable, no one will have to buy generator and importing of generators will faze out.

Let our government provide us with stable electricity before they think of banning generator.

Our leaders usually wake up one morning and decide to ban one thing or the other, without providing an alternative first.
They don't even need a ban.....they will die a natural death once people have at least 22-23 hours of power supply!
Who no like better thing?
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Romanoff(f): 3:11pm On Mar 13, 2020
openmine:

No power company can do so without being added to the national grid!
Its there in our constitution!

Instead of this crazy and mindless bill,the senator and the senate should be pushing for the unbundling the power sector!
In other words,Every state should develop their own power!

Once this is done,this same power companies will individually meet the government of each state and do the needful like you said!

But until that happens,no sensible company will invest their hard earned funds on a failing and uncoordinated institution like the power sector controlled by a politically inclined FG!

Of course they will add to the grid.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Chuzoetoh(m): 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
Romanoff:

With Wetin you write up there so, e show say nothing even dey your own.
dis Romanoff ur a foolish girl ooo, zombie woman. Una go just dey na to type nonsense go dey hungry una, dem swear for una??
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by openmine(m): 3:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
Romanoff:

Of course they will add to the grid.
Adding to the grid rather than affecting the state individually is not ideal!
I hope you know that our problem is not gencos(generating sector) but the trancos(transmission sector)
So far our gencos can generate more than 13 000 mW but our trancos is only limited to 5 000 mW which is not enough for a country like Nigeria!

So which company will want to generate power and cannot transmit due to the limitations of our transmission lines?

This is why unbundling of the power sector will ensure that these power companies go to the states rather than go through the national grid!

1 Like

Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by PapaAdanna: 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
They all have one thing in common

They are APC

As usual, they're backward like their old drunkard illiterate president
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by openmine(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
bankylan:
This is gross misinformation! You have no clue about power sector and the reality on ground in Nigeria. How much do you spend on generators annually from different countries to allude that some nations use your money to develop themselves?

You made mention of solar energy as if it is what industrialized nation and developing nations use to spur development. Germany as at today still use coal in power generation, so also US, China and Canada. Do you want to power industries with solar energy?

Google all the developed and developing worlds to look at their energy mix. We don't have the resources for cheaper power generation, you are talking of solar energy as a nation trying to develop industrially when US is pulling out of Paris climate change agreement. Please what are the cheaper sources of energy that Nigerians are producing? I will like to know one bros.

As I type this, I just finished a meeting with a top person at Ikeja electric on some power issues in Nigeria. I have an experience in the industry not as a power system engineer though, but with what I know, anyone that is talking about ban on generator now is either insane or plain stupid.

We have a generating capacity that is under utilized that we are even selling electricity to neighbouring countries just because the TCN owned by the FG 100% has a mere 5000 MW wheeling capacity out of about 13,000 MW we can potentially produce.

Please let me know if you are willing to learn so that I can break this down to you as even those in NERC and ministry of power are technically deficient to know the issue with electricity in Nigeria.

Thanks jare!
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by openmine(m): 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
pmoye:
Now, I finally believe that inverted reasoning truly exists.

You fail to provide good health care and medicines, and you believe that to improve the health system of the people all you need to do is to ban their use of herbs which people have had to resort?

I think some people need a brochure for using their brain. Something like "Thinking made easy", "Key points to using the brain", and "Applying the brain for dummies".

I keep getting shocked that human evolution has refused to move humanity beyond inverted reasoning, blaming the victim of a failed system for the ineptitude of their elected officers.

grin grin grin

Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Romanoff(f): 3:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
Chuzoetoh:
dis Romanoff ur a foolish girl ooo, zombie woman. Una go just dey na to type nonsense go dey hungry una, dem swear for una??

Your mates are arguing intellectually but because you are incapable of that, compare what ypu wrote with what your mates said.

Numbskull.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 3:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
maasoap:

Kudos to them.
huh....
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by royrit: 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2020
Enroll for our event planning and management class today
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Abdul9025(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
Esji80:
hhhhh which state is that ? Atleast he de answer those in favour say yeaaah those against say nay
hehehe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Tachio2061: 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
Please does that Sanator know implication of that social media bill? I wouldn't be surprised if he used social media to do his campaign.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Tachio2061: 3:41pm On Mar 13, 2020
Tachio2061:
Please does that Sanator know implication of that social media bill? I wouldn't be surprised if he used social media to do his campaign.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by Chuzoetoh(m): 3:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
Romanoff:

Your mates are arguing intellectually but because you are incapable of that, compare what ypu wrote with what your mates said.

Numbskull.
I am not intellectual I agree but I rather not type like a zombie, Mrs Intellectual
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by galaxy2020(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
You mean the 3 uzles senators?
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by leksy07(m): 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
Abdul9025:
smiley smiley wink atleast he tried... Most of them normally sleep and chop our money without doing anything, and he has his reason for Sponsoring the bill.. a Senator in my state has never for once speak at the national assembly

Let me guess, u ar from kogi
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by kokomilala(m): 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2020
They can be easily tagged: The 3 Oloriburukus. They are anti-progressives and cut from antiquated cloth.Never expect progress from them.
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by nograv: 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
slimfit1:
Generator bill is the only sensible one there. To develop we need to take drastic action taken otherwise 10years from now we will be having the same problem.
We have a few years before countries stop combustion engine production. European countries will stop producing generators. But the countries producing them don't use it. They are going to use the financial opportunity of these to weak our chances of developing our energy so that we keep depending on them.
We can spend money on other sources of energy like solar, there are intelligent Nigerians out there developing better cheap sources of energy we are not supporting. States are supposed to spend money on research and installation of solar in schools and hospitals. We should look at noise pollution and air pollution these generators cause and the health impacts in our lives.

FFK has money to fly to UK for care do we all have that NO. My argument might not make sense now but look at the future opportunity.

I agree the generator ban is the only one I dont have a problem with..

The other senators can go hug a transformer..
Re: Senators That Sponsored Three Controversial Bills In Nigeria by nolywe(m): 4:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
These old fools need to be soaked in petrol and set ablaze

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Poses In His Mansion With Tea & Bread, Calls On Nigerians To Yab Him / Fatima Buhari: N100,000 Paid As Bride Price At Her Wedding / Boko Haram: Shekau Ready To Surrender - Military Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.