Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive (37609 Views)

Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US / Coronavirus: Iraj Harirchi, Iran's Deputy Health Minister Tests Positive / Coronavirus Hits Ivory Coast As One Tests Positive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by wink2015(m): 10:20am On Mar 13, 2020
CONO has entered canada ?
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by CrazyOptimist: 10:29am On Mar 13, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by DateMynd44(m): 10:35am On Mar 13, 2020
uruba23:
Someone better send all this people bitter leaf and ugwu leaf at least it would boost their immunity
what's the source of this your information?
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by UrVillagePpl: 10:41am On Mar 13, 2020
Riduane:
Who else notice news of Davido, Wizkid, NairaMarley Tonto Dikeh etc don't make FP again?

Thank God nairaland is gaining it's sanity back.

Lols they went on sabbatical because of this Corona virus ..
They will be back soon. grin
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Dominatrix(f): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2020
benuejosh:
The Mercy of God on Africa is soul touching. With all the problems we are facing, if the virus gets hold of us the story will be touching. But God is keeping us from trouble by averting the virus spread to us, thus, less cases.

Also, the outbreak of this virus is something that will cause rapid development and growth of science. A lot of discoveries will be made. Some discoveries will be helpful while others will add more troubles but won't last. The helpful discoveries will help mankind for a lifetime.

It is time for Nigeria to be great! It is time for us to actually look within us and help ourselves. No 'white' guy to come to our rescue, they are also battling with their problems at the moment. This is the moment for Nigeria. By the time the virus is caged, Nigeria will be ahead in a lot of things but only if we begin to look within us. No more travels to China for businesses, no more travels to USA for tourism, less travel to Europe. It is time we make Nigeria the country we dream of, it is time we make Nigeria the Europe we love. One thing I love about Nigeria is, they love their life and average Nigerian now, if you tell he or she to go to China on a free Visa, trust me they will turn it down. The rich are scared of traveling out too. While we remain home for fear of death, we can create what we are going to look for In Asia, America and Europe here. We can do it brothers and sisters. It is time we keep politics, region and religion aside and make this country a dream land for the white when they are done battling with the virus. While they battle with the virus we are rigorously developing because the virus won't take a hold of us. We could not go to them because we feared death and so we created what we wanted from them back here - the medicine, the technology, the economy and tourism. This will be our song.

Nigeria it is our turn to take advantage of the world pandemic and create something beautiful for ourselves. After the third World War, the less developed Countries [BRICS] took the lead. The coronavirus is like another war. The virus will have a less impact on us and lucky for us, we have all the resources we need in this country, we have all it takes to be great - manpower, natural resources and the best brains are found in Nigeria. NIGERIA it is our time to lead, AFRICA it is our time to Shine.

Mr. Man stop deceiving yourself. Just keep watching the news. It's around you

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by SmartyPants(m): 10:42am On Mar 13, 2020
etrange:
You guys noticed how they tried to be unclear regarding the PM's health? They didn't actually say he tested negative. They just said he doesn't have the symptoms and therefore will not be tested. Lol. We all know he must have been tested - that's the ideal thing- and if the result was negative, they would have made it public.

He doesn't have the virus and he is in "self isolation" in the same house with his wife who's got it?

He's working hard from home, really?

Ok.

So what should we come and do na?
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by shekauvsbuhari: 11:11am On Mar 13, 2020
EliteBiz:
The New world order(NWO) is their agenda, "order out of chaos". Time is grace to prepare for Eternity. The dead don't have time, You do. Your soul is priceless.

#Research The new world order
#Research Agenda 21

N.B - Don't use Google when researching. Use other search engine.
which other search engines?
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by benuejosh: 11:12am On Mar 13, 2020
Dominatrix:

Mr. Man stop deceiving yourself. Just keep watching the news. It's around you
be positive and think possibilities in your life for ones. Not everyone is like you.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Dominatrix(f): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2020
benuejosh:
be positive and think possibilities in your life for ones. Not everyone is like you.

Just being real with you, no vex lol
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by shogsmania: 11:27am On Mar 13, 2020
etrange:

Bro, I'm not fighting. I'm just making an observation. I'm a Canadian resident too so this is as important to me as it is any other person here.
This people regulate this news because of panic,you should understand that.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by BluntBoy(m): 11:31am On Mar 13, 2020
etrange:

My question is, is there anything wrong with testing someone even without visible symptoms? This is the Prime Minister we are talking about. His health status is everyone's concern.

This virus, just like HIV, may not be detectable until they have duplicated significantly. So, the virus might be in the body, but in undetectable number.

The best bet, if you have been exposed, is to self-isolate yourself.

Going for a test simply because you have been exposed might turn out a false negative.

So, governments advice anyone who has been exposed to self-isolate themselves rather than go for testing.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by adeniyi65(m): 11:43am On Mar 13, 2020
has p.buhari tour the whole world finish? this one he is not traveling at all,the way he use to before.it needs Nigerians to gear him up.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by BluntBoy(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2020
philip0906:

Abeg slow down with the doomsday theory.

Atleast 97% of those who have the virus will weather it like they'll with any flu (no matter how severe).

The fatality rate globally is just about 3.5% while in Italy, it is higher at about 5% and majorly because of the high old population with the highest hit been those with already compromised immune systems and the vulnerable.

In Nigeria, we have a median age of about 21 years which means that yhe mortality rate won't be anything more than 1% if I compare with a South Korea. Even in China, outside Wuhan, mortality rate hovered around 1%.

We have had Lassa fever in this part of the world for a few years now and Lassa fever has a way higher double digit mortality rate of about 20%... Yet, we are want to loose sleep over Coronavirus?

What are the symptoms of Corona virus? There are absolutely no alien symptoms for corona virus...The same symptoms you have when you have flu + - malaria and with our propensity to these already and our very young population, we'll definitely ride through corona without any hassles and mortality rate won't be anything near the figures reeled out in Italy and co.

The virus is definitely in Nigeria and spreading too but ofcourse with our very inefficient healthcare plus people who already have mild symptoms will treat it just as they'll treat flu or malaria and will ride through the virus without any troubles.

While I understand that there's a lot of sensationalism about the virus, let's slow down on the panic button.

I don't know what to make of the sensationalism.

This virus is not anywhere as deadly as the Lassa virus, let alone the ebolavirus. And yet they are making it seem like it has come to put an end to the world as we know it.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by travelland(f): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2020
Seems every continent that tolerates Homosexuality is affected
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by STENON(f): 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2020
Some comments on Nigerian social media are so pathetic lipsrsealed.

Some even have family and friends abroad but all they do now is to come online and mock people in those affected countries.

Common guys,!! You can do better than this online display of ignorance cool
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Saintp(m): 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

I insist that you go back and read all that again. That's the condition I'm giving you right now if you want me to correct you.

I'm sorry, I think you are the one who don't know anything. The guy made a kind of predictive analysis as it is referred to in statistics. He didn't just say things from his head, rather, he used the available data we are reading everyday to predict the likely situation for Nigeria. While he might not be 100% correct with his assertion like every other predictive analysis, at least he made some sense with the available current data which provides an insight into the scenario we are now facing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Saintp(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
etrange:

My question is, is there anything wrong with testing someone even without visible symptoms? This is the Prime Minister we are talking about. His health status is everyone's concern.
Do you realize that the entire test process is not free? Of what use will it be to test him now and it appears negative only to become positive in a week time? The best thing is to self isolate for 14 days, if he doesn't show symptoms after then, he can do a confirmatory test to be sure.
His wife showed symptoms and that is why she was tested. If we start testing everyone without symptoms or testing too early, we will waste resources and will get a lot of false negatives which is even more deadly cos the person will start sharing the virus without knowing.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
Hmm.
This virus is on a mission
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by ghettochild4u(m): 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
EliteBiz:
The New world order(NWO) is their agenda, "order out of chaos". Time is grace to prepare for Eternity. The dead don't have time, You do. Your soul is priceless.

#Research The new world order
#Research Agenda 21

N.B - Don't use Google when researching. Use other search engine.
Nonsense conspiracy
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by etrange: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
shogsmania:

This people regulate this news because of panic,you should understand that.

I get this. Understandable.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by etrange: 2:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
BluntBoy:

This virus, just like HIV, may not be detectable until they have duplicated significantly. So, the virus might be in the body, but in undetectable number.

The best bet, if you have been exposed, is to self-isolate yourself.

Going for a test simply because you have been exposed might turn out a false negative.

So, governments advice anyone who has been exposed to self-isolate themselves rather than go for testing.

Fair enough.

I only thought Justin would have been tested given his position. Even if it means doing the test twice.

But I get it's a procedure that must be followed.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by etrange: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2020
Saintp:

Do you realize that the entire test process is not free? Of what use will it be to test him now and it appears negative only to become positive in a week time? The best thing is to self isolate for 14 days, if he doesn't show symptoms after then, he can do a confirmatory test to be sure.
His wife showed symptoms and that is why she was tested. If we start testing everyone without symptoms or testing too early, we will waste resources and will get a lot of false negatives which is even more deadly cos the person will start sharing the virus without knowing.

Well fair enough.

I don't think it's about the money though. Free or not free doesn't apply here. I actually thought, as the PM, he would have been tested even before the isolation just for the sake of precautions. Another test could be done after a few weeks. Now he is in self isolation with a wife who is positive. I don't know how that works.

If it's a medical procedure, fine.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Saintp(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
etrange:

Well fair enough.

I don't think it's about the money though. Free or not free doesn't apply here. I actually thought, as the PM, he would have been tested even before the isolation just for the sake of precautions. Another test could be done after a few weeks. Now he is in self isolation with a wife who is positive. I don't know how that works.

If it's a medical procedure, fine.

I agree with you. When I mentioned money I was not specifically talking about the PM, I was looking at it from a general perspective.
The cost of testing will apply in general so that is why I think self quarantine is still better to give more time for the virus to develop if any.
If the strategy is testing before symptoms show then it will be damn expensive cos you will looking to have test kits that would go round the population. This is why Ronaldo is on self isolation instead of testing for now
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by royrit: 4:03pm On Mar 13, 2020
Enroll for our event planning and management class today
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Fastlinkpro: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
Riduane:
Who else notice news of Davido, Wizkid, NairaMarley Tonto Dikeh etc don't make FP again?

Thank God nairaland is gaining it's sanity back.

O boy no body send these people now oo
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Kingrefreshed: 6:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
Saintp:

I'm sorry, I think you are the one who don't know anything. The guy made a kind of predictive analysis as it is referred to in statistics. He didn't just say things from his head, rather, he used the available data we are reading everyday to predict the likely situation for Nigeria. While he might not be 100% correct with his assertion like every other predictive analysis, at least he made some sense with the available current data which provides an insight into the scenario we are now facing.

Who are you? Define and identify yourself
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by supercase1(m): 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
benuejosh:
if you don't have any positive thoughts stay off my post. I deal with people with positive minds only. I deal with people who think of possibilities and have positive energy and not negative energies. If you can't think of possibilities of things then stay off. Must everyone in Nigeria be a political fanatic? This is what is killing us and you're definitely one of it - the problems we are facing in Nigeria. Have a positive mindset please. Must everything be of negative thought? You sounded so disgusting. Issh! For your type, if an individual is not supporting a party then he or she is abusing a tribe or religion. Most of us have grown pass that stage. We not bring politics into everything. Grow pass this stage please and be positive only.
If u are a Muslim I understand(taqqiya things) but if u are a southerner or Christian and u are vomiting this I just pity your level of ignorance
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Ajsmart(m): 8:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
Bravo! If only 20% of Nigerians had a positive mindset like yours, what a great nation it would become.

benuejosh:
The Mercy of God on Africa is soul touching. With all the problems we are facing, if the virus gets hold of us the story will be touching. But God is keeping us from trouble by averting the virus spread to us, thus, less cases.

Also, the outbreak of this virus is something that will cause rapid development and growth of science. A lot of discoveries will be made. Some discoveries will be helpful while others will add more troubles but won't last. The helpful discoveries will help mankind for a lifetime.

It is time for Nigeria to be great! It is time for us to actually look within us and help ourselves. No 'white' guy to come to our rescue, they are also battling with their problems at the moment. This is the moment for Nigeria. By the time the virus is caged, Nigeria will be ahead in a lot of things but only if we begin to look within us. No more travels to China for businesses, no more travels to USA for tourism, less travel to Europe. It is time we make Nigeria the country we dream of, it is time we make Nigeria the Europe we love. One thing I love about Nigeria is, they love their life and average Nigerian now, if you tell he or she to go to China on a free Visa, trust me they will turn it down. The rich are scared of traveling out too. While we remain home for fear of death, we can create what we are going to look for In Asia, America and Europe here. We can do it brothers and sisters. It is time we keep politics, region and religion aside and make this country a dream land for the white when they are done battling with the virus. While they battle with the virus we are rigorously developing because the virus won't take a hold of us. We could not go to them because we feared death and so we created what we wanted from them back here - the medicine, the technology, the economy and tourism. This will be our song.

Nigeria it is our turn to take advantage of the world pandemic and create something beautiful for ourselves. After the third World War, the less developed Countries [BRICS] took the lead. The coronavirus is like another war. The virus will have a less impact on us and lucky for us, we have all the resources we need in this country, we have all it takes to be great - manpower, natural resources and the best brains are found in Nigeria. NIGERIA it is our time to lead, AFRICA it is our time to Shine.

Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by benuejosh: 8:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
supercase1:

If u are a Muslim I understand(taqqiya things) but if u are a southerner or Christian and u are vomiting this I just pity your level of ignorance
bad energy stay far away. Carry your lectures and educate yourself.
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Herief1986: 7:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Didn't know about some facts. I constantly watch local ang global news thou. I was trying to deal with bbc news. I have a smart tv and I can't play video news on it for some reasons. I tried to fix it and This somehow was because of the format. Probably their video format isn't compatable with my tv. Anyway, everything is fine now and i can keep up with the covid situation in the world. If you havr the same, check out this page to fix the issue
Re: Coronavirus: Sophie Gregoire Trudeau Tests Positive by Whoseed: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! At least it was written here https://aspectum.com/blog/ . They sometimes post really controversial articles and in order to believe you need to check couple resources. For example, they ‘predicted’ virus outbreak. How sick is that! They were able to do this only because of deep understanding of geology and geography, And this is how knowledge is fighting with reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Nigerian Lady Who Was Injured In Gas Explosion Dies (Graphic Photos) / UK Bans Healthcare Workers From Bringing Families

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.