Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today (63054 Views)

Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 34th Birthday Today / Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 33rd Birthday Today / Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 32nd Birthday With Bikini Pictures, Loses Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by lalasticlala(m): 8:04am On Mar 13, 2020
Birthday: Yemi Alade Turns 31 Today

Yemi Eberechi Alade (born 13 March 1989), simply known as Yemi Alade, is a Nigerian Afropop singer and songwriter. She gained prominence after winning the Peak Talent Show in 2009, and is best known for her hit single "Johnny".

Early life

Yemi Eberechi Alade was born in Abia State, Nigeria, to James Alade and Helen Uzoma. Her father is a police commissioner of Yoruba descent while her mother is of Igbo descent, resulting in her being referred to as the Yoruba-Igbo girl. A native of Ondo State, South West, Nigeria, Alade is the fifth born of seven children in her family. She went to St. Savior British Primary School and later attended Victory Grammar School in Lagos. Alade studied Geography at the University of Lagos.

Music career

2014–2016: King of Queens and Mama Africa

Alade's debut studio album King of Queens was released on October 2, 2014, by Effyzzie Music Group. Alade collaborated with producers such as Selebobo, Sizzle Pro, Shady Bizniz, Philkeyz, Young D, GospelOnDeBeatz, DIL, OJB Jezreel, Mr Chidoo, Fliptyce, EL Mcee and Beat Nation. The album was preceded by three singles: "Johnny", "Tangerine" and "Kissing". It features guest appearances and skits from Bovi, R2Bees, Phyno, Chidinma, DIL, Selebobo and Diamond Platnumz. Alade promoted the album by touring several African countries, including Ghana, Kenya and South Africa. The deluxe edition of King of Queens was released in November 2014, and contains French versions of songs originally performed in English. Its cover art was unveiled on 21 October 2014. According to the music platform, A Nation of Billions, King of Queens sold over 100,000 copies.

Alade's second studio album Mama Africa was released on March 25, 2016, by Effyzzie Music Group. The album is the follow-up to her debut studio album King of Queens (2014). It features guest appearances from P-Square, Sarkodie, Sauti Sol, Flavour N'abania, Rotimi Keys, DJ Arafat and Selebobo. The album was produced by GospelOnDeBeatz, DJ Coublon, Selebobo, Philkeyz, BeatsByEmzo, Masterkraft, Rotimi Keys and Mr. Chidoo. It was supported by six singles: "Na Gode", "Do As I Do", "Ferrari", "Kom Kom", "Africa" and "Tumbum". Mama Africa was made available for pre-order on iTunes a week before its official release. Alade announced that proceeds from the sale of the album will go to the Feed a Child charity initiative. The deluxe edition of the album was released on April 6, 2016, and features guest vocals from South African musicians Bucie and AKA.

2017–present: Black Magic and Woman of Steel

Alade's third studio album Black Magic was released on December 15, 2017. The album features collaboration with artists such as Olamide and Falz. Its production was handled by V-Tek, Krizbeatz, Young D, Sess, Fliptyce, I Am Beatz, Philkeyz, 2Kriss, Sarz, Echoand and DJ Coublon. The album was made available for streaming on Apple Music, iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and other digital platforms.

In July 2019, Alade became the first African female artist to reach one million subscribers on YouTube. Her song "Johnny" currently holds the YouTube record for the most watched African Female music video of all time. Alade was featured on "Don't Jealous Me", a track from Beyoncé's soundtrack album The Lion King: The Gift. She appeared on the track alongside Mr Eazi and Tekno. Rolling Stone magazine revealed that Alade also recorded a verse for an earlier version of "My Power" in June.

Alade released her fourth studio album, Woman of Steel, in 2019. It features guest appearances from Rick Ross, Angélique Kidjo, Funke Akindele and Duncan Mighty.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yemi_Alade

Recent pictures and Throwback Photos of Yemi Alade and her father below

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by hartehley15(m): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2020
First to comment...

Well happy birthday to yemi alade...

Seun i never see alert oooo

325 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by iykololo(m): 8:08am On Mar 13, 2020
shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by YorubaKinging: 8:08am On Mar 13, 2020
Yemi alade is also part of the children of the fallen angels

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by Sunbellar: 8:08am On Mar 13, 2020
Hbd

3 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by airminem(f): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2020
Wow. Football age

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by farouk2much(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2020
Trash and trash

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by helinues: 8:09am On Mar 13, 2020
No be only footballers dey use football age now

Musicians also Don dey use Musician age.

Anyways, HBD Miss Johnny

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by KIDfurniture(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2020
tongue
Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by NaijadrivaCars: 8:09am On Mar 13, 2020
Yemi, my crush before before.

Yoruba father + Igbo mother = Yemi Alade

#Ho! Ha!

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by Sijo01(f): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2020
Self acclaimed Mama Africa, Happy Birthday to you.

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by RedBororo(m): 8:09am On Mar 13, 2020
Happy birthday dear
Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by cRobo: 8:10am On Mar 13, 2020
I won't say a word

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by Fr33born(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2020
When she was yet to taste the forbidden fruit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by ednut1(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2020
airminem:
Wow. Football age
real age.

13 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by Risingblue008(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2020
I lover her style of music,she is Nigerian nicky minaj

15 Likes

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by money121(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2020
Ok

Happy bornday Woman of Steel
Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by SweetCunt97(f): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2020
Happy Birthday to Me Too kiss kiss

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by H2ho(m): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2020
shocked
Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by aeonczar: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2020
My crush! shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by money121(m): 8:11am On Mar 13, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Happy Birthday to Me Too kiss kiss
May your year be long

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by AmazingELixir: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2020
cheesy cheesy

This girl is very busty oooh....but I like her she's talented.

A hybrid Afonj_Ipob mix

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by vanida6: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2020
HBD
Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by kurupt1: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2020
All these fine celebrities,I wonder why they don't want to settle down cos I know they have eligible suitors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by temptnow: 8:12am On Mar 13, 2020
I like how she respect herself, she no like wahala for the industry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by Omaticaya225(m): 8:13am On Mar 13, 2020
Happy birthday �queen
Re: Yemi Alade Celebrates Her 31st Birthday Today by Kingluqman(m): 8:15am On Mar 13, 2020
She resemble Mr. Alade gaaaan grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fart At A Wedding Reception As Guests Exit To Get Fresh Air (Pics, Video) / Chikamso Ozonigbo Celebrates His Birthday In Style (Photos) / Cossy Orjiakor's House Built By Flaunting Her Breasts (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.