Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,889 members, 7,798,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy (6543 Views)

I Made My Ex-girlfriend(who Is Now A Single Mother) A Deal, Would You Take It ? / Doctor Paid His Mother A Surprise Visit After 7 Years Abroad (Photos) / Man Buys His Mother A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 12:56pm On Mar 13, 2020
Dear Nairalanders,

This is my opinion on the subject that "No Man Should be Encouraged to marry a single mother". It is actually a response to Vyvyanvyvy 's thread on Her husband's decision not to take back their son as agreed before marriage.

Please Click this link for her post https://www.nairaland.com/5731810/husband-doesnt-want-son-come

Over the years, i have disagreed with people who conclude that single mothers marry because they are looking for a "Father Figure" in the life of their children and never because of love. Maybe i was wrong to disagree with them as this story is an eyeopener on how this set of manipulative women always resort to emotional blackmail in order to shame the man when he refuses to give in to their demand of total commitment to their love child or children. The most amazing thing is that her children have a father, but they are never going to blame him for abandoning them or quitting the relationship. They are never going to send the kids to their biological relative or even give the "New Husband" the honour of renaming the children after him. Some of these women even go as far as creating room for segregation.

Now lets get down to business by critically analysing her story.

1. This woman had 2 children (12 and Six years old) from a previous relationship. The Father of her Children is Currently in Italy and told her to move on with her life as he has done. Good Lord knows why he abandoned his own family (Since there is a 3 years gap between the 2 kids, i will assume the first was 3 years old when he left)

2. She claims not to have Her Ex husbands contact or that of his siblings. This should tell you that this woman never had a good relationship with her husband's people and the reason for that is unknown.

2. She got married to this Man 3 Years ago and the marriage has produced a girl who is 2 years old and she is pregnant for another. Good Lord knows this woman loves kids.

3. Before her marriage with the new man was consummated, she confirmed that her husband ACCEPTED THE KIDS LIKE HIS OWN. Was he pretending? I dont think so.

4. Due to financial challenges, they moved to a smaller apartment and lived together with the Girl Child while the boy was sent to live with her elder brother and his wife. All through this period, the man never maltreated the girl child or rejected her.

5. Things got better 3 years later and they moved into a bigger apartment. Life has been good to them at least. cheesy

6. Her Husband has reneged on their agreement to bring in their son into the new apartment to live with them. We don't know his reasons but maybe, she will give us a clue in the next point. Remember, the Girl child still lives in peace with him in the house, he treats her just right and they have a perfect relationship.

7. This woman confirmed that her son is now a petty thief. In a space of 3 years, He was caught stealing and beaten like an animal. Whatever he stole is none of our business. cheesy

8. She pleaded with her husband to allow the boy to come and live with them and he said NO, his reason "he doesn't want him to damage our children". "Children" includes the girl child from the previous marriage I believe.

9. This boy has been rejected by his mothers immediate relatives (Her brother and Sister) due to his strange behaviours and thieving nature.

10. She claims she foots %70 of the bills in the family. Who knows? Married men will agree that when a woman resorts to emotional blackmail, this is her usual line.

11. This woman reconfirmed that her son is more important than her marriage. Here "I will not take him anywhere why does he have to live like an orphan whyle im alive ? To be honest My son is more important than my marriage and it’s my responsibilities to protect him"

12. Have you also observed that this woman Never talked about "Loving her husband"? Another confirmation that love never existed in the beginning.

My Good Friends, from the points listed above, you will agree with me that this woman married her current husband because she wanted a father figure for her children.

Anyone noticed how she isn't talking about her daughter with the man in question?

Which man will watch a thief come into his house in broad daylight and do nothing about it?

Or you think the man has no clue about your her son's sudden change?

All i see is a man who fears for the future. It's just like asking this woman to accept her Ex-husband just because he promised that he will always love her. Time Changes and People too.

What if the husband is the one trying to bring in his love child who steals? Will the woman allow that without a second thought?

If you are a parent, you will attest to the fact that one negative influence can destroy your perfect child.

I believe if her current husband is given an opportunity to tell his own side of the story, ears will tingle.

Advice 1

If she values her marriage, she should engage her husband in a heart to heart and try to convince him. From what i observed, the man isn't convinced enough. And believe me, it is very hard for a man or woman to accept a child with a history of crime. If she engages him and he is adamant, she can enrol the boy in a boarding school. I believe when the man sees the boy in his house for the second time, and he is coming from school and behaving well. The man will happily accept him.

The man still loves that boy.

Advice number 2

This woman yearns to be single again. But the truth is, singlehood cannot help her at this stage of her life because her children need a father figure which was why she got married in the first place. But if she thinks she can sustain singlehood, i will advise she dissolves the union and become a single parent.

To the young man out there who is about to make this mistake of a lifetime, please read this thread and reconsider.

Special Guests of Honour

Daddytime = Veteran in Marital affairs like me i think. wink

Gofront = Regular Nairaland Troll (No Offence Please cheesy)

Ubunja = Controversial Online Malculinity Coach. cheesy

Pocochantas = My Favourite African Feminist, Electronic Fight-Mate and Nairaland's Favourite Evening Newspaper cheesy

Oyindidi = Poco's Apprentice cheesy

Davash222 = Nairalander cheesy

AreaFada2 = Nairalander cheesy

xendra = Another Upcoming Yoruba Feminist. cheesy

SATAN

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Lawgod247: 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Oche211(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2020
I keep to one rule...
No matter how young, beautiful or intelligent a single mother is, I will never go close to her.
Never enter any relationship with her.
I will kill any feeling at all for her.
Single woman, especially the unmarried ones are full of baggages and shits.
They can give trouble for a lifetime.
Especially the unmarried baby Mama's, run as far from them as your legs can carry you unless you are a man that love trouble.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by dawnomike(m): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2020
I have learnt to sometimes not judge life issues from my own perception of it... Sometimes, you can never tell what you can do until you are in the other person's shoes.
In as much as i admire her motherly cincern for her son,I will like to also hear the man out though!

NB: The matter is quite complicated than we know

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2020
Oche211:
I keep to one rule...
No matter how young, beautiful or intelligent a single mother is, I will never go close to her.
Never enter any relationship with her.
I will kill any feeling at all for her.
Single woman, especially the unmarried ones are full of bargages and shits.
They can give trouble for a lifetime.
Especially the unmarried baby Mama's, run as far from them as your legs can carry you unless you are a man that love trouble.

It's good to have a personal conviction. What is good for the goose, might not be good for the gander.

Thank you for your input.

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 1:15pm On Mar 13, 2020
dawnomike:
I have learnt to sometimes not judge life issues from my own perception of it... Sometimes, you can never tell what you can do until you are in the other person's shoes.
In as much as i admire her motherly cincern for her son,I will like to also hear the man out though!

NB: The matter is quite complicated than we know

You are so right. The matter is complicated and there is a need to hear from the man in the picture before rushing into conclusions. Nevertheless, we still need to learn 1 or 2 from the situation and air our opinions and concern.

Thank you for your input.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Oyindidi(f): 1:47pm On Mar 13, 2020
Lol @ Poco apprentice grin

I stand with the woman

4 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 1:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
Oyindidi:
Lol @ Poco apprentice grin

I stand with the woman

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by ahnie: 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
Addent reader!
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Ehiscotch(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2020
But a woman can marry a single father right?
Such double standard.

If it were the man's child and the woman rejected him because he's stealing what would y'all say?

Oh, the usual bad stepmother narrative would follow.

I no even blame una, na the people wey dey carry personal matter dey come nairaland thinking they have counsellors here naim I blame.

I have seen children live without their parents before — with friends, relatives — and it's bad. They tend to be very rebellious due to a feeling of rejection. It's not very easy growing away from one parent not to talk of two. The child is only twelve and shouldn't even be called a "thief" or even suffer jungle justice.

I can't blame the woman. I don't care what happened in the previous relationship and we should all stop trying to be experts on this because we are not. People make mistakes; this is real life, shit happens.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:16pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:

You can create a thread on that. Thanks for stopping

9 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by AreaFada2: 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2020
Both men and women should consider carefully whether they need step-kids. It's a difficult thing.

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:21pm On Mar 13, 2020
AreaFada2:
Both men and women should consider carefully whether they need step-kids. It's a difficult thing.

You are so right.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Ehiscotch(m): 2:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:

You can create a thread on that. Thanks for stopping

Not such a smart response from someone who is looking to get his post on front-page.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:26pm On Mar 13, 2020
Always attacking the woman.
You've arrived at a baseless conclusion that she married the man ONLY because she wants a father figure for her children.

Have you tried analysing the man's motive for marrying the lady? I mean, single mothers are supposed to be some sort of plague, according to y'all. So why did this man marry one? Was it unconditional love? If he loved her that much, he wouldn't separate a mother from her child, no matter what. What sort of man leaves his wife to run a home?

Stop blaming the little kid. A twelve year old child isn't yet set in stone. He can still be groomed and set straight. He needs his mother. Simple!

Posterity won't forgive her if she leaves that little boy to his fate.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by xendra: 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2020
and this ode thought it wise to mention me

9 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:28pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Not such a smart response from someone who is looking to get his post on front-page.

Not such a smart response from someone who claims to be mentally stable.

3 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

This post was not created to attack women. I have a wife, daughters and granddaughters. Please read the post and be guided

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
xendra:
and this ode thought it wise to mention me

I never expected something more from you though. cheesy

I needed your kind to keep this thread alive.

3 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Ehiscotch(m): 2:36pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:

Not such a smart response from someone who claims to be mentally stable.

Was there anywhere I expressly "claimed" it?

Or are you trying to rope me into something. Anyways, I guess you just want a thread for discussions rather than generating a solution; which to me is completely cynical.

2 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Oyindidi(f): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
I stand with the womantongue

7 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
You've arrived at a baseless conclusion that she married the man ONLY because she wants a father figure for her children.

Have you tried analysing the man's motive for marrying the lady? I mean, single mothers are supposed to be some sort of plague, according to y'all. So why did this man marry one? Was it unconditional love? If he loved her that much, he wouldn't separate a mother from her child, no matter what. What sort of man leaves his wife to run a home?

Stop blaming the little kid. A twelve year old child isn't yet set in stone. He can still be groomed and set straight. He needs his mother. Simple!

Posterity won't forgive her if she leaves that little boy to his fate.

To an extent you are right. But you remember the woman had said this man loved the boy unconditionally?

This man had no problem with his family even when they were in a very bad situation. This man is not separating the woman from her CHILD. He currently has one in his custody.

He didn't leave his wife to run the home, he still contributes about %30. What if that is his level financially? What if the woman is lying?

I am not blaming the kid, i will never do that. I am only judging based on the situation on the ground. The boy is currently a thief and the mother confirms that.

THE MAN HAS MADE IT CLEAR THAT "HE IS AFRAID OF THE BOYS INFLUENCE ON THEIR CHILDREN".

Can't you see?

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:41pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:

Was there anywhere I expressly "claimed" it?

Or are you trying to rope me into something. Anyways, I guess you just want a thread for discussions rather than generating a solution; which to me is completely cynical.

You guessed wrong Mr.
Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:42pm On Mar 13, 2020
Oyindidi:
I stand with the womantongue

I know lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

You won't stand with me now cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by LilMissFavvy(f): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
Each and every day, you men write threads to display a deep depth of selfishness and wickedness towards women, now you direct same attitude towards a child.....a boy of 12. Calling a boy of 12 a thief, I am baffled, can't the child be corrected?. If the tables were turned, would you advise a lady not to marry a divorced father of two kids? No, you would not, you would encourage her to marry, as long as the husband has the financial capabilities, but in that thread, I saw where the OP said she foots 70percent of the bills, so what stops her husband from accepting the boy back into their home, bearing in mind that he had known she was a single mother and had agreed to accept her and kids.

The simple thing the man should do is to give that boy a chance, bring him into his home, train him properly, to see how he can get better. Maybe if the child does not change, that's when the man should start complaining.

You also said that the OP did not marry for love, rather that she married to have a father figure for her kids, my question to you is, are you not aware many people today, marry for different selfish reasons? So why should you condemned the OP?

Mind you I am not a single mother, neither can I marry a single father, but it's wrong for you to discourage those who feel okay marrying single parents, that boy should be given a CHANCE.
KingSatan:

7. This woman confirmed that her son is now a petty thief. In a space of 3 years, He was caught stealing and beaten like an animal. Whatever he stole is none of our business. cheesy

8. She pleaded with her husband to allow the boy to come and live with them and he said NO, his reason "he doesn't want him to damage our children". "Children" includes the girl child from the previous marriage I believe.

9. This boy has been rejected by his mothers immediate relatives (Her brother and Sister) due to his strange behaviours and thieving nature.

10. She claims she foots %70 of the bills in the family. Who knows? Married men will agree that when a woman resorts to emotional blackmail, this is her usual line.

11. This woman reconfirmed that her son is more important than her marriage. Here "I will not take him anywhere why does he have to live like an orphan whyle im alive ? To be honest My son is more important than my marriage and it’s my responsibilities to protect him"

12. Have you also observed that this woman Never talked about "Loving her husband"? Another confirmation that love never existed in the beginning.

Which man will watch a thief come into his house in broad daylight and do nothing about it?
SATAN

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by Jman06(m): 2:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
Ehiscotch:
Such double standard.

If it were the man's child and the woman rejected him because he's stealing what would y'all say?

Oh, the usual bad stepmother narrative would follow.

I no even blame una, na the people wey dey carry personal matter dey come nairaland thinking they have counsellors here naim I blame.

I have seen children live without their parents before — with friends, relatives — and it's bad. They tend to be very rebellious due to a feeling of rejection. It's not very easy growing away from one parent not to talk of two. The child is only twelve and shouldn't even be called a "thief" or even suffer jungle justice.

I can't blame the woman. I don't care what happened in the previous relationship and we should all stop trying to be experts on this because we are not. People make mistakes; this is real life, shit happens.

People make mistakes by opening their "nyashes" for irresponsible men to impregnate them and when they're dumped they look for another foolish man to hang their baggage on I only blame the man who married her in the first place. I don't blame the woman at all

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by crackkhaus: 2:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
I've always said it and I will keep saying it...no beef against single mothers, but I'll be damned to let anyone close to me get married to one.

No son or brother of mine will get my support if they choose to go through with it even after I have tried to discourage them.

Life is already too complicated, don't complicate further with your own two hands and two eyes open.

Single mothers should marry single fathers and vice versa, they are meant for each other and both understand where they're coming from.

He who has ears, let him hear...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
KingSatan:

To an extent you are right. But you remember the woman had said this man loved the boy unconditionally?

This man had no problem with his family even when they were in a very bad situation.
This man is not separating the woman from her CHILD. He currently has one in his custody.

What's to say he's not a paedophile, and that's why he wanted only the young daughter? Moreover, he reneged on their agreement. Before they got married, they agreed both kids will live with them. The man lacks integrity.

He didn't leave his wife to run the home, he still contributes about %30. What if that is his level financially? What if the woman is lying?
[/color]

[color=#550000]See how you're making excuses for him. A man that can't cater for a family but still went ahead to get married. Now, who had a selfish motive? Shame on him! What reason does she have to lie. Let's stick to the facts given, assuming all to be true.

I am not blaming the kid, i will never do that. I am only judging based on the situation on the ground.
The boy is currently a thief and the mother confirms that.

He made a mistake. Don't label him just yet until it becomes a repetitive act.

THE MAN HAS MADE IT CLEAR THAT "HE IS AFRAID OF THE BOYS INFLUENCE ON THEIR CHILDREN".

So he should be cast away like an orphan? Will the husband cast the child away if it were his? Would he?

Can't you see?

@Emboldened. She never said any such thing.

2 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:52pm On Mar 13, 2020
LilMissFavvy:
Each and every day, you men write threads to display a deep depth of selfishness and wickedness towards women, now you direct same attitude towards a child.....a boy of 12. Calling a boy of 12 a thief, I am baffled, can't the child be corrected?. If the tables were turned, would you advise a lady not to marry a divorced father of two kids? No, you would not, you would encourage her to marry, as long as the husband has the financial capabilities, but in that thread, I saw where the OP said she foots 70percent of the bills, so what stops her husband from accepting the boy back into their home, bearing in mind that he had known she was a single mother and had agreed to accept her and kids.

The simple thing the man should do is to give that boy a chance, bring him into his home, train him properly, to see how he can get better. Maybe if the child does not change, that's when the man should start complaining.

You also said that the OP did not marry for love, rather that she married to have a father figure for her kids, my question to you is, are you not aware many people today, marry for different selfish reasons? So why should you condemned the OP?

Mind you I am not a single mother, neither can I marry a single father, but it's wrong for you to discourage those who feel okay marrying single parents, that boy should be given a CHANCE.

You are right to an extent but do you also recall that the "Boy" in question is totally different from who he used to be?

Do you also recall that his mother confirmed his thieving attitude?

Have you cared to ask what he stole?

The man contributing %30 might just be his current financial status. IT IS NOT A CRIME FOR A WOMAN TO BE DOING BETTER THAN A MAN FINANCIALLY. HOWEVER, THE MAN SHOULD BE CHALLENGED TO DO BETTER AND HE NEEDS TIME!

Yes, the boy should be given a chance. But this woman is not a wise woman. I am sorry

There are better ways of handling this issue.

THE MAN IN QUESTION HAS NO CONVICTION THAT THE BOY CAN BE INFLUENCED POSITIVELY BECAUSE HIS MOTHER HAVE NOT DONE HER HOMEWORK. No man would hear these scary things and allow the boy in so easily. He needs to be convinced.

THE BOY NEEDS A FATHER FIGURE! That's for sure.

2 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I pleaded with my husband for me to bring him with us but he said no, he should stay there because he doesn't want him to damage our children. I’m angry at him I stopped talking to him and I don’t know where my son will go because I have no mother no father it’s only my elder brother and kid sister even my sister who is married doesn’t want him. I’m pained and in tears seeing my only son suffering while I’m still alive and I’m helpless to protect him.

1 Like

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2020
crackkhaus:
I've said it always and I keep saying it...no beef against single mothers, but I'll be damned to let anyone close to me get married to one.

No son or brother of mine will get my support if they choose to go through with it even after I have tried to discourage them.

Life is already too complicated, don't complicate further with your own two hands and two eyes open.

Single mothers should marry single fathers and vice versa, they are meant for each other and both understand where they're coming from.

He who has ears, let him hear...

This is deep. sad sad

Thank you for stopping

3 Likes

Re: No Man Should Be Encouraged To Marry A Single Mother: A Response To Vyvyanvyvy by KingSatan: 2:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I had 2 children. When I got married, my husband had none and accepted them like his own children.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Mum Made A List Of Places Not To Marry From. / Is This Not Infidelity / . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.