Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,723 members, 7,805,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

A Guide On Getting Into Tech For A Total Newbie - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Guide On Getting Into Tech For A Total Newbie (898 Views)

Quiting My Job To Venture Into Tech At 28 - Advice Needed. / I Want To Go Into Tech; What Field Should I Choose? / Must Everybody Go Into Tech Or Learn Coding? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Guide On Getting Into Tech For A Total Newbie by directonpc(m): 1:24pm On Mar 13, 2020
I am a software developer and tech entrepreneur. I recently shared a post about getting into tech. It is mostly based on my experience in the industry and with some research. You can check the post here: https://towncryer.com.ng/2020/03/01/getting-into-tech/

However, I will still be sharing some of the ideas from the post here.

Picking a path
It is very important to pick a path in tech. There is a lot of options on what to learn out there, don't get lost jumping from one field to another. For example, decide if you want to be a blogger, web developer or and mobile developer. Pick the sets of programming languages or tools you need and try to master the minimum you will need to build something that works.

Community
I also mentioned communities in my post. In 2020 you will find many communities of like-minded people offline and online. For example, you can join a community of bloggers that use wordpress. In the community, you will find resources and people that can help you grow and stay motivated.

Free resources
You don't necessarily need to enrol in any school or formal training to get started. YouTube, blog posts and tutorials can be very helpful and are mostly 100% free.

These are only a few point and you can continue read on the original post here: https://towncryer.com.ng/2020/03/01/getting-into-tech/
if you have any questions, feel free to comment.

Peace and happy teching!!!

(1) (Reply)

Done With HTML Fundamentals / NEW! Latest Bitcoin Investment PHP Script With Easy Installation And Customize / I Want To Learn Web Development, How Do I Start?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.