Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady (1137 Views)

See The Big Scorpion That Died In My Bucket (photo) / Coronavirus Is Real. My Friend, A Med Lab Scientist Just Died / Victor Ikwuemesi Dies Of Coronavirus In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by afonjaman: 5:36pm On Mar 13, 2020
As Coronavirus continues to spread across the globe with staggering rates of infections and mortality in places like China and Italy, there seem to be a paucity of cases in Africa.

Eventhough Africa is expected to be worst hit due to prevailing low socioeconomic conditions and poor healthcare systems, reverse has been the case.

Many have questioned the effectiveness of surveillance but the most prevalent opinion is that Africans might be immune in some way to the disease.

In response to the latter, a twitter user by the name Ayishat Akanbi puts a dent on this believe as she shared the sad news of the demise of her cousin who is a Doctor based in London.

In the tweet, she said:

“My cousin who is a Doctor and in her early 30s died of Coronavirus this morning for anyone irresponsible enough to think black people are immune”

Source: http:///2U8cXtA

Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by tetula123(m): 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2020
We already know we ain’t immune.
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by Davash222(m): 5:41pm On Mar 13, 2020
Is she celebrating or boasting of her cousin’s death

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by SenorFax(m): 5:43pm On Mar 13, 2020
Weather in London is not the same as Africa

Sorry for your loss though

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by tetula123(m): 5:44pm On Mar 13, 2020
Davash222:
Is she celebrating or boasting of her cousin’s death
No she’s neither celebrating or boasting. She’s just trying to educate the ignorant ones.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by madridguy(m): 5:45pm On Mar 13, 2020
I smell lie grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by Realadey(m): 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
May God help us o
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 13, 2020
tetula123:

No she’s neither celebrating or boasting. She’s just trying to educate the ignorance ones.

Read what madridguy said.
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by ojun50(m): 6:00pm On Mar 13, 2020
My dear yr cousin is in London, breathing London air.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by ojun50(m): 6:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
madridguy:
I smell lie grin grin
Even if Jesus is in yr house you still not believe
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by madridguy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 13, 2020
Twitter stories na audio stories no be today tongue

ojun50:

Even if Jesus is in yr house you still not believe
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by naijaboy756: 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
tetula123:

No she’s neither celebrating or boasting. She’s just trying to educate the ignorance ones.
educate ignorance ones
cheesy grin
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by lawalosky(m): 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
He died of multiple corona infection tongue
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by Mariangeles(f): 6:35pm On Mar 13, 2020
I wonder if things will change when the heat is over and it starts to rain...
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by iammo(m): 6:46pm On Mar 13, 2020
undecided

anybody can type any trash on twitter, its always cousins and friends just to get few likes and retweets

Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by alezzy13: 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
madridguy:
I smell lie grin grin

Of course it's lie - ie the part about her alleged 30yrs cousin doctor dying. Such would VERY unlikely and would surely make headlines.

Moreover I just confirmed that UK has about 11 fatalities currently and all have been the elderly (least over 50).

However her point about blacks not being resistant is VERY true. Not sure why decided to sensationalize it with evident falsehood.
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by annygifty(f): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2020
We know . Coronavirus doesn't want us to suffer much , that's why.
What we are facing in this country is enough. Coronavirus should not come and add to it.
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by gloriaunobi(f): 7:29pm On Mar 13, 2020
The heat in Nigeria alone can fry your Skin, if I'm lying, ask those in the North.

Weather here can kill Corona baby
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by davidpeace99: 7:32pm On Mar 13, 2020
My name is David and i reside in Surulere. Most people - Business men and women, people on jobs that require time and presence find it tough to arrange/clean the house, work and take care of the kids altogether. I can help lift a bit of the burden by arranging/cleaning your entire house. Also, documents that can guarantee your safely and that of your items can be provided. I work solely and i try to be efficient. So my number is 08110275067. You can chat via whatsapp and also call or text. Good Day All and Thank you
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by backnbeta(f): 7:33pm On Mar 13, 2020
We are not immune, we just pray for grace undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by benuejosh: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2020
We are not immune maybe, but our weather is standing by us. We are favored.
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by seunlayi(m): 3:30am On Mar 14, 2020
Just pray this thing don't get to the street of lagos or Kano
Re: Coronavirus: Blacks Are Not Immune, My Cousin Just Died In London- Nigerian Lady by SmallmebigGod: 8:31am On Mar 14, 2020
If true we'll hear from other media cos according to data presented so far, her cousin will be the 30yr old to die of the disease. In London for that matter.

(1) (Reply)

Ask Cuban Government For Help In Fight Against Coronavirus - Falana Writes FG / Man Pictured Using Food Disposable Pack As Nose Mask (photos) / Blisters On My Scrotum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.