Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 (10247 Views)

INEC Decentralises PVC Distribution, To Publish Voters Register Jan 13 / If FG Declares Citizenship Instead Of State Of Origin On D 1st Jan 13 / Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13. . .41st Anniversary Of The End Of Biafra War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2010
Ojukwu wishes to die Jan 13

Ikemba Nnewi, Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, 77, had a wish three weeks before he was admitted into the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital: to die on January 13.

One of his aides, who did not want his name in print, disclosed this on Wednesday as arrangements to fly him overseas were being finetuned by the doctors handling his treatment.

“Three weeks ago, while trying to feed him, he told (Odumegwu-Ojukwu)me that there were signs that his end was near and that he wished it would come in January 13, 2011 to coincide with the 41st anniversary of the end of the Nigerian civil war,” the aide said.

Odumegwu-Ojukwu, who was a Lieutenant Colonel in the Nigerian Army and governor of the old Eastern Region, declared the secession of the region from Nigeria in 1967. His action resulted in a 30-month civil war between Biafra Republic and Nigeria .

Feelers from the UNTH, Enugu , on Wednesday, indicated conflicting signals on the state of health of the elder statesman.

While a doctor in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital told our correspondent that Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s health had deteriorated, one of his sons said he was doing well.

“My father is fine. He is getting better,” he said but refused appeals by our correspondent to give his name.

However, the doctor disclosed that the ex-Biafran warlord’s health condition had deteriorated to the level that the Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, out of panic, had to rush down to the UNTH to see him.

Obi was accompanied by government officials; the National Chairman of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, Chief Victor Umeh, and other party stalwarts.

The doctor added that the governor had to provide funds when the hospital management informed him that it was one of the challenges hindering the moves to fly Odumegwu-Ojukwu abroad for further treatment.

He said, “He will be flown out soon. As at this morning (Wednesday), plans were being made for him to be taken abroad. The money issue that seemed a challenge, I heard, it has been settled by the governor who was in the hospital today (Wednesday).

“So when we notice any sign of improvement in the Ikemba, he will be flown out.”

Another aide of the elder statesman, confirmed that all was set for his boss to be taken abroad.

“Barring any last-minute setback, my oga (boss) should be flown out tonight (Wednesday) or tomorrow (Thursday),” he said.

The aide claimed that Odumegwu-Ojukwu’s son, who spoke earlier with our correspondent, was “only being economical with the truth.”

“He was even lamenting just yesterday (Tuesday) night, but he told me he did not want to take a different stand from that of his father’s wife, Bianca.”

Odumegwu-Ojukwu was rushed to the Accident and Emergency Unit of the UNTH on Sunday morning but was later moved to the ICU in the afternoon after he was diagnosed with Cerebral Vascular Accident.

CVA, according to seniorhealth.about.com, is “another name for a stroke. It is damage to the brain caused by a disruption of the blood supply to a part of the brain.

“This disruption of blood supply can be caused by a blood clot, or by a ruptured artery.

The website also states that “symptoms of a CVA depend on which part of the brain is affected. Common symptoms may include paralysis of a part of the body, loss of all or part of the vision, or loss of the ability to speak or to understand speech.”

The UNTH Chief Medical Director, Dr. Anthony Mbah, had confirmed on Tuesday that the elder statesman would be flown abroad in an air ambulance as soon as his health condition stabilised.

Punch Newspaper
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by MrCork3: 12:11pm On Dec 23, 2010
and? , ok, so who will d.i,e him? undecided
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by cwsoffer: 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
That's pathetic. I wish him quick recovery!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by tosinaded(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2010
who cares? i dnt give 2fuccs abeg!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Diligence: 12:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
We wish him quickest recovery!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by gReenmAn(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
The man is an icon- whether you agree or not wink
Let's show some respect!

More so as it affects someones wellness.

I wish the Ikemba quick recovery.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Katakore(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2010
wishing him well. sad
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Ymodulus: 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2010
gReenmAn:

The man is an icon- whether you agree or not wink
Let's show some respect!

More so as it affects someones wellness.
my friend will you gerr off that computer?!, you call that bitch an icon i dont blame you after he led you guys to war, in which you useless igbos lost precious life while he was in enjoying himself in Ivory coast, and you come up here to say he is am Icon. I just pity your mentality, this is why i continue to say You IGBO's at times act like f-o-o-ls and Dafts.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by nvo5(f): 12:54pm On Dec 23, 2010
i wish him quick recovery,too
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by nvo5(f): 1:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ymodulus:

my friend will you gerr off that computer?!, you call that naughty woman an icon i dont blame you after he led you guys to war, in which you useless igbos lost precious life while he was in enjoying himself in Ivory coast, and you come up here to say he is am Icon. I just pity your mentality, this is why i continue to say You IGBO's at times act like f-o-o-ls and Dafts.
are you sick or something, please go for medical
cheek up.

tribalism is killing this nations. stop it !!!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by eagle22(f): 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ohhh Ikemba Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, I wish you quick recovery.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by sayso: 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2010
good luck, Ikemba of Nnewi
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Metalgoong(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ymodulus:

my friend will you gerr off that computer?!, you call that naughty woman an icon i dont blame you after he led you guys to war, in which you useless igbos lost precious life while he was in enjoying himself in Ivory coast, and you come up here to say he is am Icon. I just pity your mentality, this is why i continue to say You IGBO's at times act like f-o-o-ls and Dafts.

One thing is certain from the above gibberish: that Ojukwu is not the cause of your inability to construct a simple sentence. Air brain!!!

EZE NDIGBO GBURU GBURU you shall live for us !!!!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by NewHere(m): 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ymodulus:

You are as dump as your dead father, idot, all your generation put together will not have the kind of balls this man had in his days. MUMU go and ask OBJ what he saw in Owerri during the war that lasted for 30-months.

Fool, do you know what it means to for all the Nigerian Arm Forces to fight a war with inexperience igbo men for 30-months i pity the woman that gave birth to you, coz you are a disgrace to your generation "Ewa".
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by hassymo5(m): 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
He should ask God 4 4giveness and repent b4 he die, because dying on the jan 13 or before or even after means nothings. He should make sure he make heaven. Wish him luck!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by unipol(m): 1:44pm On Dec 23, 2010
the greatest mondern african is sick. may the good God heal you in jesus name.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nektar(f): 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2010
He's a great man no matter what happens next.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Adonike(m): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sir, get well soon.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by freecocoa(f): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2010
Wish u quickest recovery sir.Great man u are,no matter what any ediot thinks or say.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by kkokoma: 2:05pm On Dec 23, 2010
I thought the civil war ended January 12th 1970?
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by freecocoa(f): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ymodulus:

O gi na ezi na ulo gi di USELESS.Onye iberibe nwuru nwu.inshort ARA GBAWA GI AKA AHU E JI DEE IFE A.anu mpama.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by donkarly(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ymodulus:

riwaa nsi onu(chop poo),asim gi rijuo nsi afo.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2010
freecocoa:

O gi na ezi na ulo gi di USELESS.Onye iberibe nwuru nwu.inshort ARA GBAWA GI AKA AHU E JI DEE IFE A.anu mpama.
i dnt know why anybody should reply to that begger.he is a NORTHERN FOOL and imagine what it means to be a northern naija fool!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
I am just 31,so i never experienced the war, when i went to visit my mum she sat down teary eyed and told me That Ikemba is sick, then she got really nostalgic and told me of her memories if the civil war.
She was just a little girl the last child of my late grand mum's 3 children, So she was with my Grand mum running through out the war, i wont go into detals but she told me of horrific things she saw!!! my people were massacred during the civil war,,,i mean we were killed in millions, , she witnessed several air raids, when thousands of civilians would be trekking through dirt roads to escape from the bombers leveling the city, the wicked Nigerian pilots would turn their planes onto the fleeing civilians and open fire with the air craft repeating guns! do u know what a 24calibre repeating aircraft guns can do to thousands of fleeing unarmed civilians? My mum experienced this at least three times, Or is it one time they had been hiding out for days and when they came out onto the main road it was littered for miles with the corpses of young Ibo soldiers?,
what my mum told me is better left unsaid, do u think for one second any of u know what my people went through? do u ever wish to experience it? pls feel free to google the word biafra pogrom with google images for just a few pictures,
Dont u ever trivialize what Ojukwu did for my people or the war which stopped the massacre of my people
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by donkarly(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
eze igbo gburu-gburu,amuma na egbe-igwe,odenigbo ngwo,ikemba nnewi,mba-na-ekwu-ma-mba-anughii,anu-ana-agba-egbe-o na-akpa-nni; i ga adiri anyi!
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by ekusman(m): 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2010
Its all a silly lie
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2010
donkarly:

riwaa nsi onu(chop poo),rijuo nsi afo.
are their dirtyness not worse than POO. Onye hausa mu na ya nokita nesi ka EZIBIDA.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by bisiaet: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
And so wat??
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by donkarly(m): 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2010
Toaskarity:

are their dirtyness not worse than POO. Onye hausa mu na ya nokita nesi ka EZIBIDA.
the nonsense fool bu onye iberibe,amaghi ife di ya na obara
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by freecocoa(f): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
donkarly:

riwaa nsi onu(chop poo),asim gi rijuo nsi afo.
E kwute lu ya nwannem,ya rijuo nsi nama afo.EZI OFIA DIKA YA.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by freecocoa(f): 2:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
Toaskarity:

i dnt know why anybody should reply to that begger.he is a NORTHERN FOOL and imagine what it means to be a northern naija fool!
Eziokwu anumanu anwa kpusu mu iwe.ana ekwu ife di mkpa ona koo ka onye egbuwalu isi.
Re: Surprise : Ojukwu Wishes To Die Jan 13 by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2010
lestat:

I am just 31,so i never experienced the war, when i went to visit my mum she sat down teary eyed and told me That Ikemba is sick, then she got really nostalgic and told me of her memories if the civil war.
She was just a little girl the last child of my late grand mum's 3 children, So she was with my Grand mum running through out the war,  i wont go into detals but she told me of horrific things she saw!!! my people were massacred during the civil war,,,i mean we were killed in millions, , she witnessed several air raids, when thousands of civilians would be trekking through dirt roads to escape from the bombers leveling the city, the wicked Nigerian pilots would turn their planes onto the fleeing civilians and open fire with the air craft repeating guns! do u know what a 24calibre repeating aircraft guns can do to thousands of fleeing unarmed civilians? My mum experienced this at least three times,  Or is it one time they had been hiding out for days and when they came out onto the main road it was littered for miles with the corpses of young Ibo soldiers?,
what my mum told me is better left unsaid, do u think for one second any of u know what my people went through? do u ever wish to experience it? pls feel free to google the word biafra pogrom with google images for just a few pictures,
Dont u ever trivialize what Ojukwu did for my people or the war which stopped the massacre of my people
my brother,whenever my  Dad pulls out his cloth and i sees the bullet scars in his right hand(gotten 4rm the war) and i sees our gateman on his mat sitting and standing i felt like, I cant find a word to complete that talk more remembering my mothers story when my dad joined the biafran soldiers, i ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING! Yoruba Youths Protest, Demand Nigeria Breakup As Hausas Attack More Yo / Which Buhari Did Bakare Know? - Oke Umurhohwo / Tinubu’s Govt Owes Nigerians An Explanation For The NNPC $3.3bn Loan - Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.