Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,032 members, 7,799,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja (89944 Views)

My 9 Months Experience As A Non-Tech Remote Worker In Nigeria / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver / “I Am An Uber Driver, Not A Yahoo Boy" - Man Reveals What He Does For A Living (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by IBreakRules: 12:39pm On Jul 16, 2021
tosinhtml:

Have you seen any woman complaining of Uber before? Bolt is the problem.

please mention one woman who has complained.

That's because not everyone uses Uber unlike Bolt.
Uber riders are more Matured, well cultured, responsible people. Not saying these kinda people aren't on Bolt too but you can also find those saucy and lousy types.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by walexsho(m): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
uncle005:
Its possible sometimes not every week, but commission inclusive.

Now is not possible because of the crowd in it.
Last week I only made 46k commission inclusive. Its not worth it anymore, the fare is not encouraging with high prices of fuel and maintenance, but better than nothing that is why some cannot quit

46k per week not Ok? Somebody's Monthly salary in Lagos
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Whitemagic: 12:05am On Jul 17, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:

Depends on the car you're using

If it's corolla then is not
What about a Honda... Like Accord 2003 - 2005 models?

I know we're talking fuel. Consumption and maintenance any ideas thanks?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Whitemagic: 12:10am On Jul 17, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

That AC matter in Bolts is something I'd prefer not to talk about (but I will anyway). It's a peeve and I always express my anger from the back seat (they usually get angry once one goes to the back and we're not married!).

When you first get in, they'll act like their windows have been down and they want to turn on the AC for you.

With one of them, we got moving to those nowhere-ish parts of the airport road when I complained that his AC was not working. He initially lied that he was adjusting it, but after more complaints and a few more kilometers, he said it doesn't work! I couldn't get down at that point, so I had to sweat it to my destination.

It's happened countless times and only with bolt. The other one told me his AC works only when he accelerates! And there was a traffic jam! Several times I've gotten angry and told them to just wind down. It helps to leave for your destination on time so that they don't have you tied to them. They can be wicked.

But they will come online to sound innocent. I'm more on guard with bolts thab Ubers. Their cars are very different. Bolt cars are usually terrible and their drivers mannerless. They suck.

There's only one bolt I've entered in Nigeria that I can recommend. Only one.

This is really sad to hear.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by TWLifestyle: 8:30am On Jul 17, 2021
LostMyZeal:

Please show me stats to back up this claim angry

Preferably one from Nigerian Bureau of statistics.

I'm waiting
u cant be serious ! so NBS will send their staff to compile data on the level of arrogance of a demographic? Is this a joke ? ���
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by LostMyZeal(m): 8:38am On Jul 17, 2021
TWLifestyle:
u cant be serious ! so NBS will send their staff to compile data on the level of arrogance of a demographic? Is this a joke ? ���

Lol...e shock you abi

Was just pulling your legs.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by yak(m): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:

Yes

Or you look for driver yourself

Can I just hand a car to Bolt/Uber while I chill in my house without all the hassle with drivers?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by TWLifestyle: 11:30am On Jul 17, 2021
LostMyZeal:

Lol...e shock you abi

Was just pulling your legs.
lol
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Hassanmaye(m): 5:41am On Jul 18, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:
You get more request in the morning during rush our from 7am till 11am when people are going to work then from 3pm till 9/10pm when they're going back home, then if you want to do night you can do your riders will mostly be runs babes

While doing this job I've come to release that guys have a very simply life style unlike girls(not all girls tho) but majority of them

If you're someone that have hot temper or like respect a lot you can't do this job oh

If a guy order a ride he will call or you call him once he comes out he will sit with you in front while you guys gist

But you see girls once they ordered if you call them they will answer you like you're their personal driver they employed, they will go straight to the owner seat, ask you to move the front seat up a bit so they can spread leg, then while going you will hear, please stop here I want to get something in that shop grin, I want to do this I want to do that sad, I no complain sha

Since I started doing this job I've seen a lot oh, if you've a girlfriend working or not and you think she's not cheating na lie joor
If your guy tell you that you're the only he is seeing my dear na lie oooo

Lolz married men don't allow young girls rest here in Abuja

I picked a very fine girl one day from diamond bank and we headed straight to Sheraton she was going to see a man and while on our way she called her supposed boyfriend that she has closed and very tired that she's on her way to church for evening service grin grin

Just last week, I picked up a rider a married man with his sugar girl, on our way his wife called that their daughter sent a message from school that she needed money for something the man agreed to send the money oh for his own daughter, the sugar girl pick offence oh inside my own car that the man told her he don't have money for now but he want to send money to his daughter, the man started explaining that it's just a small money he want to send to his daughter, the man come de beg the girl join self Say him go take her to so many places I just de vex sad angry

Lol I like this work o, but sir will get fresh puna to bang in exchange for transport money
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Hassanmaye(m): 5:42am On Jul 18, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:
In case you're in Abuja you always use bolt you can contact me oh, I will be driving you to your destination

Since I started the job I've carried few prominent people like, Mr Shogun Shewomi Atiku spokes person, Efe big brother, and I've entered Villa twice grin
National Assembly many times

In case you need cool relaxation places in Abuja I know many, good hotels, etc

Lalasticala
Q
Wow
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Hassanmaye(m): 5:42am On Jul 18, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:
In case you're in Abuja you always use bolt you can contact me oh, I will be driving you to your destination

Since I started the job I've carried few prominent people like, Mr Shogun Shewomi Atiku spokes person, Efe big brother, and I've entered Villa twice grin
National Assembly many times

In case you need cool relaxation places in Abuja I know many, good hotels, etc

Lalasticala
Wow
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by bluefilm: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:
You get more request in the morning during rush our from 7am till 11am when people are going to work then from 3pm till 9/10pm when they're going back home, then if you want to do night you can do your riders will mostly be runs babes

While doing this job I've come to release that guys have a very simply life style unlike girls(not all girls tho) but majority of them

If you're someone that have hot temper or like respect a lot you can't do this job oh

If a guy order a ride he will call or you call him once he comes out he will sit with you in front while you guys gist

But you see girls once they ordered if you call them they will answer you like you're their personal driver they employed, they will go straight to the owner seat, ask you to move the front seat up a bit so they can spread leg, then while going you will hear, please stop here I want to get something in that shop grin, I want to do this I want to do that sad, I no complain sha

Since I started doing this job I've seen a lot oh, if you've a girlfriend working or not and you think she's not cheating na lie joor
If your guy tell you that you're the only he is seeing my dear na lie oooo

Lolz married men don't allow young girls rest here in Abuja

I picked a very fine girl one day from diamond bank and we headed straight to Sheraton she was going to see a man and while on our way she called her supposed boyfriend that she has closed and very tired that she's on her way to church for evening service grin grin

Just last week, I picked up a rider a married man with his sugar girl, on our way his wife called that their daughter sent a message from school that she needed money for something the man agreed to send the money oh for his own daughter, the sugar girl pick offence oh inside my own car that the man told her he don't have money for now but he want to send money to his daughter, the man started explaining that it's just a small money he want to send to his daughter, the man come de beg the girl join self Say him go take her to so many places I just de vex sad angry

I find this part very funny. grin
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by chuka5000(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2021
IneedSugarMumy1:
Good Day all
My name is Jeff
I will try my best to be as detailed as I can. Please I'm not a great writer pardon my error/blunder I kuku no get opportunity go school at least nairaland has helped me a lot in terms of spelling and writing too

Back to my topic...... September 8 2019 I took my corolla to bolt office in maitama for registration I attended their lesson I passed that same day I became a bolt driver I did my first 5 trips and I was happy, it was difficult for me as a beginner using GPS to driver for the first time.

My first 1 month was hell, all the money I made was spent on traffic offences, like wrong U turn, touching your phone while on traffic light, like dropping a rider in front of a market, like beating the traffic light, etc I learned the hard way

Pls do you know the daily balance amount for Uber driving. Now
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Daceline: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
vacettetommy:

How lucrative is Uber/Bolt in PH

As a side hustle, it's not bad.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2021
yak:

Can I just hand a car to Bolt/Uber while I chill in my house without all the hassle with drivers?

I am an experienced driver based in Lagos. I need a car for weekly rental or HP. No hassles. Contact me on WhatsApp 08028861896 if you have car for me.
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by St3v3nson: 11:40pm On Jul 20, 2021
NdiIgbo2023:
Anyone interested in driving bolt,uber,rida, indriver in Abuja, and you need a car to start the sweet job, whether to buy or do financing (high purchase), contact me: 09026607085

Can I get a corrolla with 850k budget
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Sazzay(m): 4:53am On Jul 23, 2021
Thesaint141:
Lier's everywhere. Lai Mohammed don teach of una bad tin finish for dis obodo NaIja
How is Bolt commission. Fuel nkor, kpatakpata kpatakpata ur engine na 1.8 capacity no how u nor go buy fuel like 6-7k daily. Haha Mana Oga
Na dis same Abj I dey ooo using my own Car to run Bolt and Uber since August 2019.

I com dey wonder weather my case dey different. it okay for survival but not as d op describe it be.... him just dey pepper n maggi to the story.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Mandyoluchi(m): 10:53pm On Jul 24, 2021
IjawAboki007:

Where are you base?

I'm based in PH sir

1 Like

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by freemandela4(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2021
I need tips and advice on this bolt business please.
Will i be able to survive being a new rider here in Abuja?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by IjawAboki007: 9:19pm On Jul 25, 2021
Mandyoluchi:

I'm based in PH sir
Drop your number
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jul 28, 2021
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2021
I want to tender unreserved apology regarding my post earlier.
I realized that posting someone details on public domain is unprofessional and I regrets my actions for taken step too far.
I promise this will not repeat itself in any other domain,

1 Like

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Thurmieee: 2:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
Can matrix 2005 do bolt?
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by deransom(m): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2021
Good evening house, pls I need a car for bolt/Uber

Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Adeks(m): 5:06am On Aug 08, 2021
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Mandyoluchi(m): 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2021
IjawAboki007:

Drop your number

Zero eight zero 6 1 64. 5979
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Luciousice: 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2021
Good day everyone, please I have a Toyota camry 2010 V6, is it advisable to use on bolt
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Acsm(m): 9:32am On Aug 25, 2021
[quote author=IjawAboki007 post=103733261][/quote]

Hi boss, please I've been offline for a while, please is this offer still available or anytime there's another one? you can drop your email so I can reach you
Thanks sir
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by shobam1410(m): 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2021
Is it true that if you want to hide anything from Nigerians, all you need do is simply HIDE IN A BOOK? Let's change that.
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by Ellixlimswag(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2021
LostMyZeal:

Is it even a secret that y'all females love to do denge pose.

Like a nigga gattu worship at y'all akpola shoes or something undecided

You're angling for misogyny and dominance, while stylishly neglecting the widespread arrogance towards people who render services to y'all. Could be driver, mechanic etc etc
Lol � I carry 1 lady yesterday never knew she was going to the pit of hell.. road was so bad and waterlogged. I drove into the road and even up to a walkable distance to her place, ended the trip and told her I can’t continue.. she no gree come down insisting I must drop her for her place... mind you the gps already reached her pined destination.. I jeje reverse my car and turned while I ask for my money... she say she no go pay me... I say okay no wahala but come down she still refused insisting I must take her to the devils place .... me I continue to drive my car comot for the road as I no too de like wahala... her first line of defense was if it’s my sister will I drop her here and that my car is too low that other drivers take the road me I told her that’s other drivers not me and ogbeni you are not my sister.... she still refused to pay also insisting she’s not coming down as I reach the beginning of the bad road I just park and jeje tell her that if she does not come down I will drag her ass out... dem no born her well not to...
E be things...
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by LostMyZeal(m): 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2021
Ellixlimswag:

Lol � I carry 1 lady yesterday never knew she was going to the pit of hell.. road was so bad and waterlogged. I drove into the road and even up to a walkable distance to her place, ended the trip and told her I can’t continue.. she no gree come down insisting I must drop her for her place... mind you the gps already reached her pined destination.. I jeje reverse my car and turned while I ask for my money... she say she no go pay me... I say okay no wahala but come down she still refused insisting I must take her to the devils place .... me I continue to drive my car comot for the road as I no too de like wahala... her first line of defense was if it’s my sister will I drop her here and that my car is too low that other drivers take the road me I told her that’s other drivers not me and ogbeni you are not my sister.... she still refused to pay also insisting she’s not coming down as I reach the beginning of the bad road I just park and jeje tell her that if she does not come down I will drag her ass out... dem no born her well not to...
E be things...
grin grin
Omo... some of them are way too arrogant and most times deserve what they get
Re: My 6 Months Experience As An Uber/bolt Driver In Abuja by kingbee90: 1:15am On Sep 03, 2021
Daceline:

I dey run am here for PH with my matrix. They accept variety of cars
Bro! How's the bolts business like in PH? Is it lucrative? I intend using a 1.6 Ltr engine capacity car for the business.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pay Structure of Most Nigerian companies as at February 2017 / Top 10 Highest Paying Federal Government Jobs In Nigeria & Salaries / Why Do Judges Destroy Their Pen After Pronouncing A Death Sentence??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.