Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner (39611 Views)

INEC’s Failure To E-Transmit Results Has Broken Nigerians’ Trust – Laolu Akande / 2023 Elections: My Trust Has Broken Down Completely – Soyinka / COVID-19: Wahab Adegbenro Is Dead! Ondo Health Commissioner Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by juman(m): 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
Thanks to lagos state.
Thanks also to federal government for the support of the state.

Many countries around the world have shut done their activities because of the virus.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Comedian, I got your point, HOT weather will detect, will test, will obtain results, will isolate and treat CV patientS.

I wonder why you did not apply for a job with the NCDC in Nigeria or with the LASG to apply your scientific weather breakthrough to save time, energy and resources on CV patients, we should just lay them out in the sun and let the detain, test and treat suspected CV patients.

I honestly think they will give you the NOBEL for this wonderful scientific breakthrough.

Btw, new CV cases are still popping up daily in South Africa, they now have 51 confirmed cases even though they have HOT WEATHER.

Don't you think the HOT WEATHER in South Africa is FAKE since HOT WEATHER is not killing the virus but instead cases are multiplying.

Just keep the comedy coming, you are very entertaining after all..

grin grin grin

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

That quote explained the current status and realities on the ground and for you to think they are declaring victory for updating you that they have dealt with the cases of CV in Lagos and Nigeria because of the actions taken to eliminate the current threat, then you have serious comprehension issues.

Don't worry, I know people like you are very sad because y'd love to see massive outbreak, doom and gloom, but God is on our side.

The best you cowards can do is to commend the efforts of the Nigerian men and women on the front line fighting to keep this virus away from you, fighting to protect you and your family is to pray for them and their families.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Of course they can say that because they have dealt with the cases they were confronted with and they are basically telling you that they have done that and they don't have any case on the table to deal with so where is the bragging in that?

Do you have your own special cases of reported CV infection to counter their claim with?

Don't worry, I know people like you are very sad because y'd love to see massive outbreak, doom and gloom, but God is on our side.

The best you cowards can do is to commend the efforts of the Nigerian men and women on the front line fighting to keep this virus away from you, fighting to protect you and your family is to pray for them and their families.

Evil wishing Igbos, Nigeria is greater than you and God is greater than you, your evil wishes won't manifest.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Stop spamming me with your dumb weather rubbish, I got your point, the cure and the only treatment is HOT weather.

Kindly go away with your comedy, I'm not interested.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:33pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

There's a difference between giving updates and declaring victory.

If you don't know the difference between the 2, that's your own problem, not the government.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Look at this can't read and comprehend comedian.

The topic is about Nigeria, we said Nigeria did great with the cases of Corona virus in Nigeria, but you ignorantly jumped in to compare with America and after embarrassing you with facts about America's poor response and lack of preparedness, no you all of a sudden realized that the topic is about Nigeria.

You did not know that the topic is about Nigeria before you brought up America or you just can not keep up with the rubbish that you've been posting?

So, hot weather is our hero because the hot weather quickly prepared, the hot weather quickly responded, the hot weather quickly tested and quickly obtained results in less than 4 hours, the hot weather quickly isolated the infected, the hot weather quickly and successfully treated the infected and it was never the preparedness of our men and women, it was never the efforts of our brave men and women at the ports scanning, it was never the efforts of our doctors and medical staffs, the Lagos state government and the NCDC, the weather did all the work, the weather did all the work...

I think the WHO and the rest of the world is slacking, they are not doing a great job because the secrete weapon and the best way to fight and defeat Cooronavirus is the WEATHER, countries shouldn't bother to prepare, they shouldn't test, they shouldn't treat or isolate anybody, bust put them inside HOT WEATHER...

What kind of ignorant and comedic is this funny character.

I should have just ignored you and just let let you entertain and amuse me with your comedy.

grin grin grin

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

There's a difference between giving updates and declaring victory.

If you don't know the difference between the 2, that's your own problem, not the government.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 4:42pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
CanadaOrBust:

Take care sir, nice chatting with ya. At least u learnt something.
There are many extraordinary efforts truly praise-worthy, having wide open airport and no quarantine center 2 months after start of a pandemic is not one of them. If anything we should fault them on how easily an ITALIAN entered the country without automatic quarantine!
God bless 9ja, we always complain of our HOT WEATHER and SUN but they are our heroes here, not those people
[/s]

Stop spamming me with your dumb weather rubbish, I got your point, the cure and the only treatment is HOT weather.

Kindly go away with your comedy, I'm not interested.....................
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

The key word here is eliminated, based on how the virus spreads, and due to the fact that not everyone shows symptoms it it premature to say it is completely eliminated. If they made this statement in June with no new cases I would commend them but our dear Italian friend landed last month and went all round Lagos and Ogun for 2 days before being reported by his company for being sick. Just imagine the government didn't take the necessary precautions until the man's workplace reported him, this is why I don't trust their handling of the situation.

What are you even saying I hate IPOB and I'm not even igbo, undecided don't let your political affiliation blind you to common sense.

Lagos State Government has disclosed that it has been able to break the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State.

The Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, who disclosed this at a news briefing to give updates on the #COVID19Lagos said all other identified contacts of the index case, except the positive contact who has now tested negative to the virus and discharged, have exceeded the 14 days quarantine isolation period without symptoms.

“In simple words, that means in Lagos, we have been able to interrupt the transmission between the index case and anybody in this environment, we have broken the circle of transmission and have not given the virus the opportunity to spread beyond one person. So, the threats posed by the index case to Lagos and Nigeria has been eliminated and we have not gotten an outbreak as a result of the interventions that took place in Lagos”, the Commissioner added.

Abayomi explained that the positive contact of the index case tested negative after two consecutive tests conducted on him, noting he has been certified to be virus-free and subsequently discharged.

See, your posts are clear reflections of your own inability to properly read, comprehend and digest what you read, you basically formulated your own interpretation and narratives and ran away with it.

Eliminated as your so called keyword is responsible for your lousy comprehension, the article did not say anything about eliminating the virus anywhere, the state official said they've been able to break the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the [color=#990000]index case in the State.,

The keyword you should have paid attention to is the #index case which they have successfully tackled unless you have your own proof that they have not successfully handled the index case in Lagos, but due to your own lousy comprehension skills, you made up your own word and narratives about Eliminated which was never uttered in the article or by the state official.

This is your number one error.

Lagos State Government has disclosed that it has been able to break the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State.

Before your next lack of reading and comprehension post, please make sure you have proof that the article said the LASG ELIMINATED COVID-19 in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria

The state official narrowed his speech to the Index Patient in Lagos state and the fact that they broke the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State.

How is talking about the index case that they successfully handled = ELIMINATED?

Where is the word ELIMINATED in the article.?

Stop blaming other people for your own inability to properly read and comprehend simple English words.

Btw, ipob mentality has nothing to do with a tribe or ethnic identity, it's a mentality and flawed sense of thinking.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

See, your posts are clear reflections of your own inability to properly read, comprehend and digest what you read, you basically formulated your own interpretation and narratives and ran away with it.

Eliminated as your so called keyword is responsible for your lousy comprehension, the article did not say anything about eliminating the virus anywhere, the state official said they've been able to break the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the [color=#990000]index case in the State.,

The keyword you should have paid attention to is the #index case which they have successfully tackled unless you have your own proof that they have not successfully handled the index case in Lagos, but due to your own lousy comprehension skills, you made up your own word and narratives about Eliminated which was never uttered in the article or by the state official.

Before your next lack of reading and comprehension post, please make sure you have proof that the article said the LASG ELIMINATED COVID-19 in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria

The state official narrowed his speech to the Index Patient in Lagos state and the fact that they broke the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State.

How is talking about the index case that they successfully handled = ELIMINATED?

Stop blaming other people for your own inability to properly read and comprehend simple English words.

Btw, ipob mentality has nothing to do with a tribe or ethnic identity, it's a mentality and flawed sense of thinking.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by CanadaOrBust: 5:22pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

U r being hypocritical sir. U pretend u want me to stop, yet u keep quoting me, knowing fully well I’d keep replying. All u gotta do is stop. Stop being a hypocrite sir
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

U r being hypocritical sir. U pretend u want me to stop, yet u keep quoting me, knowing fully well I’d keep replying. All u gotta do is stop. Stop being a hypocrite sir

Have you stopped quoting me with your dumb weather nonsense after asking you to stop?

Kindly go away with your comedy, I'm not interested...............................
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by CanadaOrBust: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

Have you stopped quoting me with your dumb weather nonsense after asking you to stop?

Kindly go away with your comedy, I'm not interested...............................

I’m not complaining u r spamming, neither am I claiming I want u to stop. If I wanted u to stop I’d simply stop quoting u. Now u know for sure u r a hypocrite sir, as evidenced by your posts!
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

“In simple words, that means in Lagos, we have been able to interrupt the transmission between the index case and anybody in this environment, we have broken the circle of transmission and have not given the virus the opportunity to spread beyond one person. So, the threats posed by the index case to Lagos and Nigeria has been eliminated and we have not gotten an outbreak as a result of the interventions that took place in Lagos”, the Commissioner added.

Must I quote the same thing to you again? undecided

Must I also post these articles again because I'm sure you didn't read them?
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/14/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread/index.html
https://www.mcknights.com/news/clinical-news/coronavirus-survives-hours-in-air-3-days-on-surfaces-study-finds/

Before judging someone else's reading comprehension you should work on your own.

The above statement by the commissioner is also an assumption, the people who met Mr Italian that he remembers are virus free, other individuals who interacted in passing or were just in the same area as him and travelled might not be. This is why I say it it still premature to call the operation a success and declare the threat to Nigeria eliminated, as the mode of transmission is not fully understood and proper quarantine measures were not taken before this incident.

Like I said I hate IPOB, maybe what other people call common sense is your idea of IPOB mentality. Not everyone who criticises the government led by your political party is a separatist.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
Farki:

Must I quote the same thing to you again? undecided

Must I also post these articles again because I'm sure you didn't read them?
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/14/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-spread/index.html
https://www.mcknights.com/news/clinical-news/coronavirus-survives-hours-in-air-3-days-on-surfaces-study-finds/

Before judging someone else's reading comprehension you should work on your own.

The above statement by the commissioner is also an assumption, the people who met Mr Italian that he remembers are virus free, other individuals who interacted in passing or were just in the same area as him and travelled might not be. This is why I say it it still premature to call the operation a success and declare the threat to Nigeria eliminated, as the mode of transmission is not fully understood and proper quarantine measures were not taken before this incident.

Like I said I hate IPOB, maybe what other people call common sense is your idea of IPOB mentality. Not everyone who criticises the government led by your political party is a separatist.
[/s]

Sorry, I can not read this irrelevant post, just highlight the spot where the LASG said they eliminated anything in the article.

Thanks in ADVANCE..
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 6:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Sorry, I can not read this irrelevant post, just highlight the spot where the LASG said they eliminated anything in the article.

Thanks in ADVANCE..

Of course you won't read it, just like you didn't read the previous posts I sent then went on to argue blindly. undecided

I quoted the commissioner in the article and even made his declaration of threat elimination bold for your stubborn, ass licking self to see but no, you don't want to read. You blind government fanatics and APC media stooges make me sick.

Just carry yourself and go already if you won't read it.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

Of course you won't read it, just like you didn't read the previous posts I sent then went on to argue blindly. undecided

I quoted the commissioner in the article and even made his declaration of threat elimination bold for your stubborn, ass licking self to see but no, you don't want to read. You blind government fanatics and APC media stooges make me sick.

Just carry yourself and go already if you won't read it.

The LASG said they broke the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State, but you miraculously and magically saw the word ELIMINATED and went on posting about irrelevant rubbish and links about people showing symptoms or not showing symptoms as if we are dumb or don't know anything about the virus and how it operates.

Go and lecture other people about the virus because I know more than you, but the topic is about the LASG breaking the chain of transmission from the primary index in LASG, you are not going to make up your own story to distract from what was said just because you have reading and comprehension issues or oversabi.

Btw, I still need you to show us where the LASG said anything about ELIMINATED, but I'm 100% sure you can not, it was your own lie and fabrication.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

The LASG said they broke the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State, but you miraculously and magically saw the word ELIMINATED and went on posting about irrelevant rubbish and links about people showing symptoms or not showing symptoms as if we are dumb or don't know anything about the virus and how it operates.

Go and lecture other people about the virus, but the topic is about the LASG breaking the chain of transmission from the primary index in LASG, you are not going to make up your own story to distract from what was said just because you have reading and comprehension issues or oversabi.

Btw, I still need you to show us where the LASG said anything about ELIMINATED, but I'm 100% sure you can not, it was your own lie and fabrication.
[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 6:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

I quoted the commissioner in the article and even made his declaration of threat elimination bold

...but why are you so afraid to copy and past where the word ELIMINATED was uttered in the article.

Show us now..
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 6:51pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

...but why are you so afraid to copy and past where the word ELIMINATED was uttered in the article.

Show us now..

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by boldaslion: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Them go just dey brag undecided

You don't have to say it, let the people feel or see it

Na so them brag about Bokoharam, till today, no be only Boko self, ISWAP, bandits, Fulani herdsmen self join undecided

Shioor

Where they even see corona virus sef? They just dey people head they play tete. If you know you know

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

Go and lecture other people about the virus because I know more than you, but the topic is about the LASG breaking the chain of transmission from the primary index in LASG, you are not going to make up your own story to distract from what was said just because you have reading and comprehension issues or oversabi.

Are you cursed?
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NiCurious: 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

“In simple words, that means in Lagos, we have been able to interrupt the transmission between the index case and anybody in this environment, we have broken the circle of transmission and have not given the virus the opportunity to spread beyond one person. So, the threats posed by the index case to Lagos and Nigeria has been eliminated and we have not gotten an outbreak as a result of the interventions that took place in Lagos”, the Commissioner added. "

Point above is well made. Covid 19 is a novel virus, meaning that it is new and we are still learning about it. Nobody has all the information about it, so for all of us to get into heated arguments about it at this stage, would be like the fable of the six blind men and the elephant.

The Commissioner's statement only speaks about the index case in Lagos, but can be taken to mean, and has been by some, that Nigeria has taken triumphant measures to prevent its arrival and spread. Whereas a lady in this thread said she arrived back in Nigeria recently, to no screening in the airport at all.

In time, the hot climate may prove to kill the virus naturally (not all viruses are stopped by hot weather). If that is the case, then it might be more a case of good luck and nature, than good management, if Nigeria is spared--given the long incubation period where carriers are contagious before falling sick themselves, and crowded conditions. (Saying this is without disrespect to the medical staff containing the said case in Lagos, as they did not receive the patient immediately.)

Attached is a map of affected countries, updated today. It has changed since last version posted on this thread. The map does not indicate race or nationality of those affected, nor whether they carried or failed to carry anointing oil, or eat whichever supposed miracle food, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic_by_country_and_territory

I wish all of you good health, and to not forget to still take precautions when it comes to malaria, typhoid, HIV, food poisoning, etc., because of being distracted by Covid 19.

NGPatriot
CanadaOrBust

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 7:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
NiCurious:

Point above is well made. Covid 19 is a novel virus, meaning that it is new and we are still learning about it. Nobody has all the information about it, so for all of us to get into heated arguments about it at this stage, would be like the fable of the six blind men and the elephant.

The Commissioner's statement only speaks about the index case in Lagos, but can be taken to mean, and has been by some, that Nigeria has taken triumphant measures to prevent its arrival and spread. Whereas a lady in this thread said she arrived back in Nigeria recently, to no screening in the airport at all.

In time, the hot climate may prove to kill the virus naturally (not all viruses are stopped by hot weather). If that is the case, then it might be more a case of good luck and nature, than good management, if Nigeria is spared--given the long incubation period where carriers are contagious before falling sick themselves, and crowded conditions. (Saying this is without disrespect to the medical staff containing the said case in Lagos, as they did not receive the patient immediately.)

Attached is a map of affected countries, updated today. It has changed since last version posted on this thread. The map does not indicate race or nationality of those affected, nor whether they carried or failed to carry anointing oil, or eat whichever supposed miracle food, etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019–20_coronavirus_pandemic_by_country_and_territory

I wish all of you good health, and to not forget to still take precautions when it comes to malaria, typhoid, HIV, food poisoning, etc., because of being distracted by Covid 19.

NGPatriot
CanadaOrBust

Thank you very much this encapsulates my thoughts on this subject. Just because we can't see a snake in the grass does not mean we are safe.

Good work has been done and we do not need to relax because of this one person. I just hope that COVID-19 is properly contained because if not others with serious diseases will be affected and our already strained health care system might not cope.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 7:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
Farki:

Are you cursed?

Sounds like you are cursed for magically seeing ELIMINATED even though it was never uttered. They said they broke the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State, they were talking about this singular case and singular issue, the primary index in Lagos state, they are not talking about eliminating any threats against Lagosians.

The Commissioner, however, assured members of the public not to panic stating that government will continue to respond swiftly and take necessary actions to contain the spread of the disease, adding that the Lagos will continue to strengthen its surveillance and will be sending more medical personnel to the point of entry at the Airport.

Inside the same article, the state officials clearly stated that they are still monitoring and ready to respond to any outbreak, so why monitor and still ready to respond to any breakup If according to your misguided made up story they've eliminated the threat?

You can not make up your own interpretation and story just because you lack reading and comprehension skills because broken the circle of transmission regarding on single index doesn't automatically mean they have eliminated the threats posed to Lagosians in general.

Whatever rubbish you made up is strictly your own ignorant opinion, PERIOD.

Stop reasoning like a 2 year old baby.
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by SangoOlukosOba: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Sounds like you are cursed for magically seeing ELIMINATED even though it was never uttered. They said they broke the circle of person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 from the index case in the State, they were talking about this singular case and singular issue, the primary index in Lagos state, they are not talking about eliminating any threats against Lagosians.

Inside the same article, the state officials clearly stated that they are still monitoring and ready to respond to any outbreak, so why monitor and still ready to respond to any breakup of according to your misguided made up story that they've eliminated the threat?

You can not make up your own interpretation and story just because you lack reading and comprehension skills because broken the circle of transmission regarding on single index doesn't automatically mean they have eliminated the threats posed to Lagosians in general.

[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by NGpatriot: 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
He is perfectly well now, we are only keeping him because he still has some secretion of the virus. The test shows that anytime from now, he may be negative. If he is negative, we will conduct another test within 48 hours after and if he is still negative, we will set him free. We are close to discharging the index case, we want to be sure he poses no danger to society anymore”, Abayomi stated.

We responded swiftly, we isolated the gentleman, treated him and the man is ready to be discharged.

We don't have any major CV issue on the table even though some evil people are praying for ore infection and outbreak.

Fact is, we have ZERO CV death on our hands in Nigeria.

God Bless the great state of Lagos

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by CanadaOrBust: 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
NiCurious:

NGPatriot
CanadaOrBust
Farki

Thanks 4 being polite, unlike a certain “patriot”.
New Corona is new but there are some things we DEFINITELY know:

1)Most people have mild symptoms or non at all and many recover without going to a doctor, some without even realizing they’ve had corona

2)The Corollary from the above is that the Italian is very likely not the index case nor the last corona carrier to have entered Nigeria

3) It has been scientifically proven that like other flu-like viruses it does not survive long and therefore does not transmit much in warm humid places like Nigeria

4) People with strong immune system have minimal symptoms from it if they catch it at all

5) Nigerians, like other topicals, have strong immune system from our hot sun (vitamin D)

6) Only one child died from it in China and no child under 10 has ever died from it

7) People become infectious to other people b4 falling sick; and some will get it, infect other people, without ever being ill themselves

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Lagos Has Broken The Circle Of Transmission - Health Commissioner by Farki: 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

Inside the same article, the state officials clearly stated that they are still monitoring and ready to respond to any outbreak, so why monitor and still ready to respond to any breakup If according to your misguided made up story they've eliminated the threat?

Maybe you're just blind for insisting that the part of the article I quoted doesn't exist. It is in the third paragraph, stop deceiving yourself. You seem really determined to stick to this lie. grin

They are talking about monitoring the airport for new cases aside from the the current Italian man dummy. That is what they should have done before Mr Italian left Lagos, now because we know the virus survives in the air for about 30 minutes and on surfaces for up to 2 days, the claim that the virus has not been transmitted from this man to anyone else is uncertain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uche Ogah: Jubilation In Abakaliki, Abia As Court Sacks Ikpeazu / Gold Discovered In Bagwai And Shanno LGA In Kano (photos) / How Terror Suspect Blew Up Self After Gun Battle With DSS, Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.