Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos (112369 Views)

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ / Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It / Lagos Chinese restaurant accused of racism against Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Amalekki: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
fabienjoe:

A private company has no unlimited right to make rules. Your rules must be subject to the country's Laws. You can't make a rule that goes against people's fundamental rights and expect that to stand. Racial discrimination is fundamentally wrong all over the world.
You are really trying to explain basic stuffs to that educated illiterate?

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Martinez39s(m): 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
It's their restaurant; the loss of profit from not selling to available Nigerians is theirs to bear. If they don't want to sell to you, go to another restaurant or build your own. We have more pressing issues in this country yet they are more concerned with how a Chinese chooses to run his restaurant.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by maasoap(m): 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
SOLMICHAEL:
Applaud for what exactly? That a private restaurant owned by the Chinese change their rules and regulations and FG shut it down?! Misplaced priority, I must say.

Racists and racism come in different colours. No man born well can try this in USA, why should we allow it in Nigeria?

13 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by RaptorX: 5:52pm On Mar 14, 2020
todugo:
I pity the Chinese,ever since the outbreak of Bro. Corona the Chinese became an object of racism not only in Nigeria but to the world. Chai embarassed undecided
Why are some of you so stupid, how is the Chinese the object of racism when they are the ones refusing to serve Nigerians in their own country

14 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by voltron14: 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
LoveElfrida:
Better!

These folks been feeling like they kings here, whereas they are third class in developed climes.

We made them so, not just out government, but even we the citizens, anything white skin is a god here, well except our own Albinos( the real gods).

Not true.

Find out about property ownership in highbrow London.

Nevertheless, the restaurant should be shut.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by BluntBoy(m): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
Emperor2463:
A Chinese restaurant in Lagos has been shut down by the federal government for refusing to allow Nigerians into their restaurant simply because they were blacks.

I think we should applaud the federal government on this because a Nigerian can not be racially abused in his or her own country.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fccpcnigeria/status/1238811189716680705

Nowhere in the original story was this even implicitly stated.

Even the people who had first-hand experience of the issue said they were not sure what informed the decision of the Chinese owners not to provide full services to non-Chinese persons.

I am not saying Chinese are not capable of racist behaviours, but this story did not state that those Nigerians were denied based on their race.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by persius555(m): 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
Nigerians and long throat.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by voltron14: 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2020
Martinez39s:
It's their restaurant; the loss of profit from not selling to available Nigerians is theirs to bear. If they don't want to sell to you, go to another restaurant or build your own. We have more pressing issues in this country yet they are more concerned with how a Chinese chooses to run his restaurant.

Don't be daft.

Go to China and try this same thing you are suggesting and tell us what happened to your balls after.

14 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by manmustwac(m): 5:54pm On Mar 14, 2020
Emperor2463:
A Chinese restaurant in Lagos has been shut down by the federal government for refusing to allow Nigerians into their restaurant simply because they were blacks.

I think we should applaud the federal government on this because a Nigerian can not be racially abused in his or her own country.

This is the typical thing that the Nigerian Govt is only good for. Shutting down Chinese restaurant because dem refuse to serve blacks, he fi just leave them since dem ban importation of rice, remove fuel subsidy and are doing nothing to improve the lives of the poor masses
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by maasoap(m): 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
Tagg:
I see no use .

They have right to their serving who

Which part of the Nigerian constitution grants them racial discrimination right?

5 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by voltront: 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
Make them open am.........Let's all then go there and make them serve us.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by DNSPro: 5:57pm On Mar 14, 2020
Emperor2463:

wow... I read about a lady who was lamenting about them last year. Thank goodness it was taken up but authorities.

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by BizBayo: 5:57pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisrare:
Nigerians and inferiority complex. why not go to another restaurant if they don't want you in theirs?

Guy, you are sick. You should be hanged!

10 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Petdagr8t(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
The only good thing from this clueless regime so far

3 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by lomprico(m): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2020
when Buhari is busy collecting loans from them, did you all know the agreement he had with them?

1 Like

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by BizBayo: 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
wink2015:
WHY DON'T THOSE NIGERIANS GO TO ANOTHER RESTAURANT.

DEM BOKU for Abuja and Lagos !

They have their own reasons for banning Nigerians.

NIGERIANS CAN SHOW THEMSELVES !

You should also be hanged!

6 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Aladdin1(m): 6:00pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mtcheww! why now? very belated!! or is it becos of coronavirus? federal government might be afraid they are serving baby mice,rats and cockroaches there.
Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Mrlola: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisrare:
Nigerians and inferiority complex. why not go to another restaurant if they don't want you in theirs?

Must you always show how stupid you are?

9 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by BizBayo: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
Farki:

So they can carry their business to Africa, have Nigerian staff yet they will not serve someone food for no other reason than they are black. What are they looking for in Africa if they don't want to be around black people? Why are you acting like a lost Israelite accepting being treated like a stranger in your own land? undecided

My wish is to see that stupid guy die by hanging. Very unpatriotic!

2 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Correcto: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
This is not inferiority complex it is racial discrimination, which won't be accepted in their own country
Chrisrare:

8 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Rastamann: 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
This is what happens when foreigners like these Chinese people believe that they can bribe their way through and treat us, the indigenes (Nigerians) as if we are the foreigners. Bad leadership!

8 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by tot(f): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Amazing the way some people are actually justifying RACISM. Are you guys okay at all ?!!!! No wonder you keep getting leaders that treat you like shit.

Imagine one i-diot saying there are other restaurants for Nigerians to go to. You must be really daft.

9 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by kayjay69(m): 6:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Why stop there. I know an Indian company that has separate toilets and canteens/eating areas for Indians and nigerians. And this sort of behaviour is not restricted to indians alone. Koreans, Indonesians, you name it.

All sort of s**thole nationals coming to Nigeria to practice their racist dream and we let them because we are who we are. Too much talk, too little action.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Mrlola: 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Martinez39s:

You are simply daft

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by laughitall(m): 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisrare:
you are a stupid man

8 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by chival(f): 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisrare:

I wonder if you would have said the same thing some 200 years ago when slavery thrived and blacks were refused many services based on their race and skin colour. Racism under any guise should be condemned and punished and the FG did the right thing. Stricter penalties should be enforced going forward to forestall this.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by tot(f): 6:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
Chrisrare:

Martinez39s:

Behold, the daftest comments of the year!! Wow. shocked Are you guys educated at all? Even an illiterate would have some self respect than you both.

16 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by Turantula(m): 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hmmm, at least FG acted honorably. Was thinking it was shut because they refused to allow cows in.

3 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by garetz: 6:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
Foolish people, you can't serve Nigerians but you want them to buy take away and give you their money. Fools

7 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by 2mch(m): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2020
Why are the owners and staff not investigated to see if they have the right to stay here and then deported or their right to business and stay in Nigeria revoked?

8 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by tot(f): 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
shogsmania:

Will you fall sick if you don't ridicule your country, I don't understand why people like you take pride in putting down the country.

It's so annoying. They are always always looking for negative things to say about their country. Very sick folks.

7 Likes

Re: FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos by chival(f): 6:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
tot:
Amazing the way some people are actually justifying RACISM. Are you guys okay at all ?!!!! No wonder you keep getting leaders that treat you like shit.

Imagine one i-diot saying there are other restaurants for Nigerians to go to. You must be really daft.
I am super shocked at that. I'm trying so hard to remain civil. How anyone can flagrantly justify racism beats me. If blacks had this attitude during the slave trade era, they'd still be in chains now.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Monkey I Killed Early This Morning / Strange And Ugly Animal Killed Today By A Nairalander. (pics) / SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.