Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank (69715 Views)

EFCC Investigates Emefiele, Oramah Over $300 Million Paid To Acquire Union Bank / Zenith, Access Want To Acquire Union Bank / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by AceVentura: 8:44am On Mar 15, 2020
densiks:
I’m not an expert in banking or finance operations but is Emefiele not using his influence to give Zenith some leverage in the banking and financial sector of the economy?

In the absence of the above,I commend their timely commitment to ensure that depositors are protected and the assets of weak banks are proactively protected from collapse.

You said it yourself, you’re not an expert. Please be specific about the advantage that Emefiele has given to Zenith Bank.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by ogene144(m): 9:08am On Mar 15, 2020
lemon10:
What of WEMA bank. They appear weak, but here they are, still standing.
U knew my mind,those 2 banks are nothing to write home about Union & Wema bank
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Olibboy: 9:19am On Mar 15, 2020
GamalNasser:
Damn I hope this won't affect the MD of union Bank
Is MD your relative
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by tunize(m): 9:21am On Mar 15, 2020
So las las ppl wan lose jobs so wahala
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Reeb2244: 9:25am On Mar 15, 2020
majamajic:
So union bank is gone ?

Unity bank keep surprising me , they look fragile yet floating wella
They are talking about banks you are mentioning Unity bank.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by lastempero: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2020
Thunderblasts:
I saw this coming like fours years ago!!!

And u didnt stop it so u don turn Naija prophets.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2020
Amanee:
If this M&A happens, I'll be so grateful to God because what seemed like my biggest L in 2020 is turning out for my good...

Lol....i think i have gotten a little idea about what you are saying
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by showafrica(m): 9:30am On Mar 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Long over due.

Remaining Eco bank

Remaining Eco bank, unity bank, sterling bank
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Amanee(f): 9:31am On Mar 15, 2020
Noseme:

Lol....i think i have gotten a little idea about what you are saying

Lol, I'm curious, what's your idea?
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 15, 2020
Amanee:

Lol, I'm curious, what's your idea?
I Will mention you on a dead thread

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Dubembiafra: 9:36am On Mar 15, 2020
What Father mbaka said about union bank has come to fulfilment, don't play with real men of God.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Olatara(f): 9:37am On Mar 15, 2020
Halimvh:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Only God knows how many pens I have “lost” inside the banking hall.
Who are the people 'taking' pen since everyone is losing one. Lol
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 15, 2020
densiks:
I’m not an expert in banking or finance operations but is Emefiele not using his influence to give Zenith some leverage in the banking and financial sector of the economy?

In the absence of the above,I commend their timely commitment to ensure that depositors are protected and the assets of weak banks are proactively protected from collapse.

jim got him that job, for your information.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by rOsy247(f): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2020
Halimvh:

But I kinda like it this way. Of course, I understand that particular Union Bank branch might facing difficulty, but some banks have also adopted “no paper teller” approach.

Before Access merged with Diamond Bank, the Diamond Bank in my neighbourhood stopped using teller for depositing (definitely not because they can't afford to print it; just cost saving moves).

If you need to deposit, you write the account name and number on any piece of paper, and you hand it to them along with the money. After depositing, a single piece of receipt showing the details of the transaction will be printed and you'd go home with it as your proof of payment.

I like it this way because it reduces the time one spends in the bank (since you know the name and account you want to pay into, you can write on a piece of paper from home, enter the banking hall and join the deposit queue immediately, without having to tell anybody “bros/sister I dey behind you o but I wan go write teller”. Also, it saves you time and resources (ink) from writing all the details that's usually on the paper teller.

Fcmb does that too

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Platony(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2020
UNION BANK,

Big, Strong, Reliable......

I pray!! (In Bini accent)

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Chidonc(m): 9:48am On Mar 15, 2020
dadebayo1:
I knew Union bank is in trouble when i visited a branch and the cashier said no more teller grin just call out account number and deposit amount while she inputs it directly into the system.... Reducing cost of printing grin grin grin and then empty teller chair grin just a matter of time....
Stop acting funny, it's the same procedure in almost all banks currently, you write the account number on a piece of paper or call it out .

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by eaglechild: 9:54am On Mar 15, 2020
Oblongata:
You are very right...

My late mumsy’s money is still there, I did a transfer with her phone (just 10k o)and the next thing one ediot called her phone asking to speak to her. That account was untouched for just 6 months but it seems this people investigate if their customer is dead so that they can sit on their money.

My mumsy’s account was blocked. Awon ole jaku jaku.
But ironically she had her bulk of money in zenith
And I transferred all her money with atm, zenith no disturb me o

Union of thieves
Have you ever thought of it the other way round.
What if it was actually someone trying to fraudulently transfer funds
After all the account has been quiet
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by eaglechild: 9:57am On Mar 15, 2020
gloriaunobi:
But I prefer Union than Zenith
I have accounts with both banks and i actually prefer union bank services to zenith.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by SamUnbeatable(m): 10:00am On Mar 15, 2020
Carlyscales:

https://nairametrics.com/2020/03/14/reports-suggest-zenith-bank-given-green-light-to-acquire-union-bank/
zenith! zenith! zenith! how many times I call UNA?? is becos of this population and crowd stuff that made me get account with u guys after first Bank encounter... I chose the both of u, first bank and zenith bank for different reasons, and crowd is one of the reason I chose u zenith, don't merge, plss don't merge... make union bank dey him dey and u too dey ur dey... tank u

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by DateMynd44(m): 10:03am On Mar 15, 2020
majamajic:
So union bank is gone ?

Unity bank keep surprising me , they look fragile yet floating wella
you're very right
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Rich4god(m): 10:07am On Mar 15, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

You said contract staffs, that is the fault of the contractor not them. You would have made a good point if they are paying their entry-level staffs lower than others.

Na their agreement with the contractor na.
Oh, you think all these banks have a contractor and gets candidate for them... They just employ you directly whilst giving it another name and terms of conditions. For uba contract staff, you undergo the recruitment process under UBA. All interviews and test are been conducted by UBA. They don't get candidate from any contractor.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by miqos02(m): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2020
dadebayo1:
I knew Union bank is in trouble when i visited a branch and the cashier said no more teller ;D just call out account number and deposit amount while she inputs it directly into the system.... Reducing cost of printing grin grin grin and then empty teller chair grin just a matter of time....
stanbic ibtc does the same, does that means they have problems too?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Oblongata: 10:21am On Mar 15, 2020
eaglechild:

Have you ever thought of it the other way round.
What if it was actually someone trying to fraudulently transfer funds
After all the account has been quiet

Quiet only for few months?

I didn’t use my Access account for almost 14 months because I was out of the country, I came back and I had close to 2m in the account, I came back and continued with transfers on my phone...

As far as I didn’t report any lost atm, or suspicion to them, and not as if there is plenty money there sef, then they shouldn’t be concerned

We know what union does, ask anybody around you...

They steal late people’s money

Just ask around you first...

They are not concerned about fraudsters

They are fraudsters themselves, and karma will deal with them when they are old...

These people have connections with local government offices as well as general hospitals

They cross check death certificates with their customer database, once they see a match, they are good to go.

Na something we all know

They know most of their customers are old people, and they cash on that..

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by abuhari: 10:26am On Mar 15, 2020
Oh may Bank UNION!!!!!
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by uchaymart(m): 10:35am On Mar 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Long over due.

Remaining Eco bank

Ah ah... Eco bank has not stay more than 10 years yet you want them out....

Remember they took over oceanic bank... Eco is still better, sir
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Edoziesmart(m): 10:39am On Mar 15, 2020
Jonathan:

Are you okay?
A whole eco bank

A bank that is intercontinental
Togo
Benin
Ivory coast
Ghana etc

I wonder oo

Even those shouting unity Bank, I guess they don't have functioning brain also

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Asianjollof007: 10:46am On Mar 15, 2020
Cholison:
Union Bank is peoples and run by fraudsters. Their staff must not be allowed to.infect Zenith.
Union bank is a reliable bank, their hospitality is gallant. They don't charge or deduct money unnecessarily. Sometimes when i have complaints, i don't have to visit the bank before they fix any error. I don't know about the branch in your area tho but union bank is very reliable.
Stop typing trash with your hard to comprehend English.

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Ugo4hotish(m): 10:50am On Mar 15, 2020
destinie2019:

Which unity bank is one of the biggest? You win, sir. Carry go.

Research and stop saying what you don't know
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Edoziesmart(m): 10:57am On Mar 15, 2020
miqos02:
stanbic ibtc does the same, does that means they have problems too?

No.
That's the new policy many banks in Nigeria is adopting.
They are trying to say goodbye to deposit slip filling form.
Just call the account number and name, you are good to go

Same with FCMB and Polaris bank in my area
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by ugwum007(m): 10:59am On Mar 15, 2020
Union bank of Africa is too big to be swallowed by Zenith bank.
The name there should be union bank of Nigeria.
Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by dottozil: 11:03am On Mar 15, 2020
Asianjollof007:

Union bank is a reliable bank, their hospitality is gallant. They don't charge or deduct money unnecessarily. Sometimes when i have complaints, i don't have to visit the bank before they fix any error. I don't know about the branch in your area tho but union bank is very reliable.

Seconded I really hope this merger isn't true, there customer service is top notch once I have any problem I message them directly on twitter and they respond within hours unlike access (i wonder who is running there social medias for them very stupid people they will never reply you) if you call union bank customer care on phone they are quick to pick unlike zenith Bank and access where you will waste alot of card and still they will not pick, looking at a good bank goes beyond network, Union Bank has passed every test so far, but unfortunately some people can't bank with them all in the name of "old". They have forgotten that the leading universities in Nigeria are those created for our four father's. It's so sad to hear about this merger.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank by Asianjollof007: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2020
dottozil:

Seconded I really hope this merger isn't true, there customer service is top notch once I have any problem I message them directly on twitter and they respond within hours unlike access i wonder who is running there social medias for them very stupid people they will reply you, if you call union bank customer care on phone they quick to pick unlike zenith Bank and access where you will waste alot of cards and still they will not pick, looking at a good bank goes beyond network, Union Bank has passed every test so far, but unfortunately some people can't bank with them all in the name of "old". They have have forgotten that the leading universities in Nigeria are those created for our four father's. It's so sad to hear about this merger.
GOD BLESS YOU, SIR. You have said all i wanted to say. When i have complaints, i mail them directly and they respond on time. This is the main reason i can't leave them for other banks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

60 Hot Selling Products You Can Import, Sell And Make Money In Nigeria. / These American Used Vehicles Are For Sale At Bargain Prices / Amputee Hawker, Mary Daniel, Has Been Totally Transformed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.