Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (76320 Views)

Wrong Transfer Into My Bank Account. / My Four Bank Accounts Restricted/frozen / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by pocohantas(f): 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

And I may not know banks because I do not work with one, but I regularly work with lawyers and it is not you that will tell me how to work with a lawyer. One thing I know about lawyers is that they don't always have your best interest at heart, but the potential fees they will get. Once they follow you to the bank, the most lucrative resolution (to them) is what they will choose; ie a long drawn out case involving every security apparatus that can be brought into it.

At no point did I tell you how to work with a lawyer.

I simply told you, BANKS DO NOT ENTER LEGAL CASES WITH PEOPLE LIKE THE OP. So, don’t try to trivialize the issue because you think banks do not have money/time to pursue such cases. The onus is not on them to charge OP and his likes to court.

@Highlighted, stop typing nonsense. No lawyer will do that in Nigeria with a bank. Stick to anti-feminism posts.

All OP needs is a police report and court affidavit. If it even gets to that.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by abahyor(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
Dkyz:

Since he transferred to you, you have his name. Twit GTB again with what you have and let them investigate the case. Or provide you with his detail so you can do a private investigation.

He isn’t the owner of the account he transferred from
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by promotervickky(m): 10:26pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
Good day All, please how do I go about this issue I am into?

On Weds 11th, March, 2020 I logged on to my GTworld to make transaction but I got a response that my account has a debit/credit restriction.

I reached out to my bank via twitter DM to know what is going on, the response I got was that my account was reported for fraud hence I should make full return of alleged fraudulent transfer i made on 3/4/2020. Without wasting time, I logged on to my GTworld to check and i saw the said transaction which was the only credit i received that day.

It happened that i went to the ATM to make deposit but when i got there the machine was down (hardware error), seeing how depressed i was, one of the customers that wanted to withdraw offered to transfer to me while i gave him cash. That was it, it was not a fraudulent transaction but now he went to report me for fraud.

I further asked how i can clear myself but i was told only if i liase with the account holder or i make the full payment that's the only way they can lift the restriction. Someone i did not know or have his contact. And i believe he owns the account not someone else's account because he used USSD to make the transfer. But why he reported me and the bank easily believe is what i don't understand.

Please dear Nairalander, how can i get out of this. I cant make use of my account all this while, people who send money into the account unknowingly are on my neck to carryout there services for them, and this is becoming too much for me.

Op i don't know what some people here are telling you, if they can't profer solutions they should keep quiet! angry

First you can make cool money from this

If according to you, everything you said is true, report to the police first, then go to your bank and explain everything, don't go to Twitter and complain, you have not done anything, so don't fret!

Make sure you arrest that guy after you are done! He needs to pay for damages.

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by GOOOGLE504(m): 10:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
But i think he owns the account because he used the ATM too. He actually wanted to withdraw 7k but he withdrew 4k so that he can transfer the 3k to me to balance the amount he planned to withdraw

So because he punched a phone now it is his own?
Those guys steal even torch light phones for this reason. M only surprised the bank took it serious compared to other cases including mine
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by EgunMogaji2: 10:28pm On Mar 15, 2020
Jacob1234:
Looking for a lawyer by visiting courts and through agents may sometimes not be a good idea. In any legal proceeding, it is necessary to hire a good lawyer with sound experience and knowledge. There are various online platforms where you can find good lawyers and hire them at a very minimal cost. You can also consult American lawyers in Mexico online and book an appointment.

American lawyers in Mexico for an issue that occurred in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
pocohantas:

At no point did I tell you how to work with a lawyer.

I simply told you, BANKS DO NOT ENTER LEGAL CASES WITH PEOPLE LIKE THE OP. So, don’t try to trivialize the issue because you think banks do not have money/time to pursue such cases. The onus is not on them to charge OP and his likes to court.

@Highlighted, stop typing nonsense. No lawyer has ever done that in Nigeria with a bank.

Go back to school to learn English. Where did I say that a lawyer has done that with a bank? It is what the lawyer will do to the op that I am concerned about.

pocohantas:

Stick to anti-feminism posts.

This post is not about you or your lost virginity. It's about helping the op solve his problem. Try to ditch your personal vendettas. It is telling that every single comment you've mentioned here contains some past allusion to something I may have said in Family or Romance sections that has triggered your button in the past I guess.

pocohantas:

All OP needs is a police report and court affidavit. If it even gets to that.

So what are you arguing over? What did I say that disputes this conclusion? I keep repeating that he should go in and cooperate with the bank and take things further only if it comes to that. How is my "if it comes to that" different from your "if it comes to that"?

5 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by guy222: 10:34pm On Mar 15, 2020
izzou:

Not just ATMs my sister sad

Some will transfer money to your account (how they get your details and phone number is what I don't know)

Then they call you on the phone, saying that they mistakingly sent to you and blah blah blah, and they want you to send it to another account or whatever (different from the one that sent it to you)

This country and wickedness ehn
This same thing happened to me early last year, some one transfer 57,000 to my account, after two days he called me that he mistakenly send some money to my account and i should transfer the money back to him. The next day he sent me an account number and told me that i should remove 7000 from the money and send him 50,000, i told him that i am a soldier and right now i am in sambisa forest, uptil now the idiot has not call me again even when i call him severally he refused to pick his call.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Marxizm:
If what you said here is the truth, it means this is a new format by frausters to prey on victims. People should be careful because not everybody you see in bank premises comes for genuine transactions. Some are there just to defraud customers.

I believe you visit your bank, the branch were the transaction took place and explain to them what transpired between both of you.

Then ask them to call the customer that reported you of fraud to come for a meeting to clear your name. If there is any cctv, you may be Lucky.

But my fear is that he might deny the obvious because there is no evidence to support the cash you gave him.

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by femi4: 10:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
But i think he owns the account because he used the ATM too. He actually wanted to withdraw 7k but he withdrew 4k so that he can transfer the 3k to me to balance the amount he planned to withdraw
Mumu....you still dey argue here. You can believe anything sha, no wonder you fell for the scam
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by nedekid: 10:37pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

On Weds 11th, March, 2020 I logged on to my GTworld to make transaction but I got a response that my account has a debit/credit restriction.

I reached out to my bank via twitter DM to know what is going on, the response I got was that my account was reported for fraud hence I should make full return of alleged fraudulent transfer i made on 3/4/2020. Without wasting time, I logged on to my GTworld to check and i saw the said transaction which was the only credit i received that day.

It happened that i went to the ATM to make deposit but when i got there the machine was down (hardware error), seeing how depressed i was, one of the customers that wanted to withdraw offered to transfer to me while i gave him cash. That was it, it was not a fraudulent transaction but now he went to report me for fraud.

I further asked how i can clear myself but i was told only if i liase with the account holder or i make the full payment that's the only way they can lift the restriction. Someone i did not know or have his contact. And i believe he owns the account not someone else's account because he used USSD to make the transfer. But why he reported me and the bank easily believe is what i don't understand.

Please dear Nairalander, how can i get out of this. I cant make use of my account all this while, people who send money into the account unknowingly are on my neck to carryout there services for them, and this is becoming too much for me.
How far with the face issue first?
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Teegelop(f): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
pocohantas:

You can go there. Lol @ schedule a meeting. Pray never to be linked with any e-fraud. You’ll just jejely walk into a bank and they’ll be delaying you. All that is them waiting for security officers to show. Next thing they clamp down on you, right in the full view of people.

That meeting you seek will be done @ Panti or Alagbon.

You be GTB staff?

How come you know their tactics like this?

Anyway, at OP, the account holder(the person that transferred to you) might be a fraudster, or received a fraudulent inflow into his own account and the bank traced how the money was spent to your account.

The best way it can be resolved is to refund the money since you don't have the sender's contact details unless, your account will remain restricted.

Meanwhile, you can also call GTconnect to be more clear about the fraudulent transaction.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Happychildlove(f): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
This has been happening for long,
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by pocohantas(f): 10:40pm On Mar 15, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

@bolded. Go back to school to learn English. Where did I say that a lawyer has done that with a bank? It is what the lawyer will do to the op that i am concerned about.

Honestly, you should be the one learning English. My point is very simple, maybe you should keep your semantics aside and read the first post again.

The bank isn’t the one pursuing the case like you implied. Don’t give the impression that the case would be dismissed on that premise.

So what are you arguing over? What did I say that disputes this conclusion? I keep repeating that he should go in and cooperate with the bank and take things further only if it comes to that. How is my "if it comes to that" different from your "if it comes to that"?

If you didn’t try to fight the highlighted, you wouldn’t be arguing with yourself. Never did I have an issue with your IFs. Stay on course and refer to the first paragraph. Thank you.

Teegelop:

You be GTB staff?

How come you know their tactics like this?

Meanwhile, you can also call GTconnect to be more clear about the fraudulent transaction.

The procedure is the same across banks, trust me grin. So, I should know the tactics. GTconnect would most likely not tell him. They will tell him the usual “report to the branch nearest to you”.

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Yankee101: 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
It's likely a stolen SIM and not his account

Dont accept transfers from people you don't know

If it's for business use your corporate account. That's easier to resolve
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Carinaflo(f): 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
My brother i don't understand. I was just dumbfounded. But as it is the sum doesn't matter but the accusation. Is this how the bank block account? So i can report any transaction i made and they will act base on my narration?
It is not that simply, for Your bank to block your account, it means that the guy stole both the atm card and the phone. That's the only reasonable explanation.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Yaasir(m): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
Funny as it may sound, the poster is not sincere. I have seen far worse cases than this during my period in inspection unit of a bank. The script looks good to non-initiate but you failed a significant leg (which I will not tell you). Your best bet is to refund the money and lay low for now. You just messed yourself with a low budget fraud.
But then what do I know?
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by doggedfighter(f): 10:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

American lawyers in Mexico for an issue that occurred in Nigeria?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Kayharry(m): 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
This is getting scary!
request for the account number and send the money back it's just 3k if they refuse to give u the account number then you should know u are in trouble.na panti ur meeting location dey be that .or better let a lawyer act on ur behalf.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by foleskay(m): 11:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
People have been doing this shit for long. Someone did Same to me in nnewi during my nysc with my ECO bank acct. After doing the transfer to me, few days later my acct got restricted. Wasn't even aware the Implication of such, naso I put on khaki enter bank oo. D lady showed me d transaction saying it was a theft that d phone was stolen and money transfered into my acct. I denied it and told me to fill a form and report back the following week. I reported back and d rest was history. I think I was like lenient upon, when I heard d gravity of such case.

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
To those forming wise, you weren't wiser than the OP until this happened. Now, I think I'm wiser but not until someone has fallen victim; is the next victim of the next new fraud not at present wise?

Forget about how and where it happened, anybody can be a victim of this during legitimate business transactions. Unless, maybe you don't do business with strangers and (perhaps) you always verify their every identity before accepting USSD transfer for services rendered.

I don't know how, but this loop hole has to be looked into. Anyone can be a victim as long as he/she has bank accounts or does cashless transactions.

@OP, you'll be guided by the will of your innocence. Your experience is a blessing to many and I hope you get over it the easiest way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by jobrow: 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2020
If u truly need help bro... Call me asap. I will get u the fraudster and he'll pay for lying.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Euegene100001: 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
This story does not add up
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

That is an old trick, NEVER ACCEPT TRANSFER FROM ANY1 & COLLECT CASH OR VICE VERSA. Especially in areas near ATMs, unless you personally know d said person.

And something is off about ur story top
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by donMIG(m): 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2020
dazzlingd:

Why are u so ignorant and backward.....its a cbn policy to provide a valid I'd card to run certain transactions...this is 2020, stop displaying your stupidity in public places

Old fool did I mention ur fadas name dat u open ur rotten smelly mouth to spill out that trash?

Do u have sense u that is even talking?
If u did I doubt if u will let such garbage fall out of ur mouth like this
Beta get a leash on ur gadamn sef dog stupendous fool
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by vrank23401(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:

Best thing to do.... Goto the bank and ask them to call the Owner of the account.... Them let them bring with 5 other people... If you can identity the person who made the transfer to you correctly then he will be arrested for fraud.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Xkale1234(m): 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
Go to the bank and explain
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by Mizwisdom(f): 11:38pm On Mar 15, 2020
izzou:

Not just ATMs my sister sad

Some will transfer money to your account (how they get your details and phone number is what I don't know)

Then they call you on the phone, saying that they mistakingly sent to you and blah blah blah, and they want you to send it to another account or whatever (different from the one that sent it to you)

Some get it from beggers who post their account on Nairaland here, people looking for Father and Mother Christmas to pay their bills, get hit hard most times

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by mechanics(m): 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
It's a pity you are a victim of circumstance, I guess you might have seen or heard something like this happening, but maybe you couldn't remember if this case will be one of them, it will be hard to clear yourself since you don't have a witness, but you can liaise with the bank if they can track the sender through their CCTV camera, but I don't understand o, is it that sender sent a fake alert or the money he sent to your account was in excess of the amount you gave him?
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by VolvoS60(m): 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2020
izzou:

Uniquedee:
I don't see myself falling into this traps tho..if you are not my family member or my friend even if you are dieing at the ATM I can never allow u transfer to my account

shaw2:
This is more reason why I don't smile at people while at ATM gallery whenever I visit Nigeria.

Aleora:
You are very right ,something similar happened to me ,went to the ATM to withdraw and a particular guy I met there said the ATM is declining his card that he is traveling,he then proposed that he sends the money to my acc and I should please withdraw for him,I just smiled and replied him with FOR THIS NIGERIA?

^^^^ grin

2 Likes

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by deavicky(m): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2020
bigt2:
This is a huge amount of money in front of you, don't miss it. Get a good lawyer and sue their ass.
Let them show the cam recording of the day and you might be lucky if the camera got his lying ass. Let him show the proof that his phone was sent to you, yes, but yond reasonable doubts. Let mtn or the network provider provide logs for IMEI change, call logs of the said number (to know if phones were changed) on the day the transaction occurred for the jury's perusal.

Email me after getting the money tho grin
its like u don't know we are in Nigeria.
Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by VolvoS60(m): 11:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
Revealing thread.

Amusing yet very sobering at the same time.

Its a jungle out there.

1 Like

Re: My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly by deavicky(m): 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2020
Harbeeorlar:
if 3k is the problem pay it so u can have peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Allen Onyema Indicted For Bank Fraud And Money Laundering In America / Forex Trade Alerts / Huge Naira Notes Discovered, Sundried In A House In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.