Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? (5713 Views)

A Deeper Life Woman End Up In Hell For Using A Rubber Thread / Adeboye Sacks Popular Pastor For Remarrying 10 Years After Divorce / 72 Virgins In Paradise Or Hell For Suicide Bombers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by scorpion1: 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
This is an issue that i have pondered over for some time. I guess people marry under various circumstances. when the bible tells us divorce is wrong, what kind of xtians is the bible talking to?

1. Is it the nominal xtian. Born into a xtian home and doesnt go to church at all?
2. Is it a xtian that attends Methodist, Baptist, Catholic etc
3. Are we talking about xtians that attend RCCG, Household, Christ Embassy, Winners etc (I mean Pentecostals)
4. Alternative, is it xtians that were not born again before they got married and divorced before they accepted christ?
5. Or christians, that dont even go to church at all, but had to go to church just because they needed to marry?

Abi, sorry who really christians that the bible refers to. I need enlightenment here.
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2010
What sort of post is this?do you mean God has diferant standards for differant churches?

Honestly this should go for the most ridiculous post of the year.There will be no division in heaven whether catholics,anglicans,cele,pentecostals e.t.c
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2010
There are so many sisters and brothers of your christianity suffering in one thing or the other because divorce is seen as taboo,and you are even commiting a sin for marrying a divorcee,a man or woman thats divorced in christianity would have no choice to marry again in his or her life thereby rendering them useless,sexually,emotionally,even financially if the other party is not employed,very bad concept from paul
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by seyibrown(f): 4:08am On Dec 24, 2010
It is referring to 'Christians in word and in deed', not 'church-goers'!
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by yoosooph: 4:33am On Dec 24, 2010
@chukwudi44, u don't av to condemn that very important post. U need to read it again, u will understand d message. Forget about the motive of d person sending the message but think deeply about the message. We all need to go back to proper religious way of life. Life is short and most people are living unholy life. Lets condemn what needs to be condemned and encourage needs to be encouraged. I strongly belief it is religion that can change this country and the world at large for good.
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Joagbaje(m): 7:18am On Dec 24, 2010
scorpion1:

1. Is it the nominal xtian. Born into a xtian home and doesnt go to church at all?
3. Are we talking about xtians that attend RCCG, Household, Christ Embassy, Winners etc (I mean Pentecostals)
4. Alternative, is it xtians that were not born again before they got married and divorced before they accepted christ?
5. Or christians, that dont even go to church at all, but had to go to church just because they needed to marry?
Abi, sorry who really christians that the bible refers to. I need enlightenment here.

Firstly, a man that is not born again is not a Christian .so we don't have different Christianity.
As For the topic you mentioned. A man of woman will not go to hell because the remarry after divorce. But that should not encourage divorce. That's why people need to be submitted to a pastor, there will be less divorses under pastoral care , guidance and counselling. God hates divorce.
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Zodiac61(m): 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2010
Joagbaje:

Firstly, a man that is not born again is not a Christian .so we don't have different Christianity.
As For the topic you mentioned. A man of woman will not go to hell because the remarry after divorce. But that should not encourage divorce. That's why people need to be submitted to a pastor, there will be less divorses under pastoral care , guidance and counselling. God hates divorce.

Hold it right there, have you not just contradicted the bible. I thought that the bible forbids divorce. On the other hand, it may just depend on which sect you belong to.
And what arrogance, deciding who is or is not a christian.
And once again, 'submission to a pastor.'
What is it with pastors wanting to know everything about their followers' lives?
I presume they would also want to know how many times a couple make love every week, as well.
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 01, 2011
Nonsense way of life,divorce was the main reason why the England Royal Family disengaged from catholic church and started church of England,or does Joagbaje wants to tell us now that the Anglicans are not christians and his the "ye bo bo she  ko ko,ye ba ri ba ba"  that are christians?
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by otitokoro1: 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2011
"For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven". - Matthew 22:30 (King James Version).

Marriage is earthly affairs.
cool
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by firebrand: 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2011
God hates divorce. If one divorces, he has not sin against God, but to re-marry while the original partner is alive is where the sin lies. Hard doctrine, but biblical.
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
firebrand:

God hates divorce. If one divorces, he has not sin against God, but to re-marry while the original partner is alive is where the sin lies. Hard doctrine, but biblical.
You know God's likes and dislikes so well, don't ya? You must be a member of the holy trinity.
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
A man of woman will not go to hell because the remarry after divorce.

A man who divorces his wife for no concrete reason and goes ahead to remary will end up in hell.That is from the great Lord and Master Jesus Christ.It has nothing to do with denominations,all of us will face the same standard of judgemet whether catholics,anglicans,protestants e.t.c
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by firebrand: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2011
@jenwitemi
Yes I know God's likes and dislikes, for I abide in Him and His words abides in me.
"For the Lord, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away:, " Malachi 2:16
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by oludashmi(f): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2011
Joagbaje:

what do you mean by the boldened?
submit to a pastor. . .is the pastor God? Are you suggesting an intruder a third party into the union?
why must the pastor get updates of how couples sleep and wake? angry
(except when very necessary)dont you know the pastor himself has marital issues he is battling with but managing it without inviting you?
I think you should have said "that is why intending couples should be friends, understanding, enduring and trusting."
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by Preacher19: 5:58pm On Feb 08, 2013
scorpion1: This is an issue that i have pondered over for some time. I guess people marry under various circumstances. when the bible tells us divorce is wrong, what kind of xtians is the bible talking to?

Oh yes you most certainly will go to Hell for remarrying after a divorce! Remarriage after a divorce is a continuous, nonstop state of adultery!!! Even more than that; there is no forgiveness at all unless and/or until the remarriage is terminated!!!

Any person who remarries for any reason other than the death of the first and original spouse commits a continuous nonstop state of adultery and a one-way trip to Hell!
Re: Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? by kivimorgan: 7:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
the truth have been distorted and the bible we are reading today have been alterd and manipulated. listen to me everybody I want to hint u concerning marriages and relationships. : true love and marriage exist between a man and a woman , if any one finds him or her self in a marriage that is not healthy the person should make a u turn ( divorce) because happiness is very important in the life of a man and a woman., any thing u are doing in life and u are not finding happiness in it u beter quit because if u continue u will nt be happy in ur life , u will find ur self in bondage. free ur self from all derkness, bible manipulations and peoples opinion., it is not a sin to divorce, if any body finds him or her self in unhealthy marriage the person shuld divorce in orther to free him or her self. greetings.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are You A Christian? / What Does It Mean To Accept Christ (for Deepsight) / Pic: The Lady Being Accused Of Blackmail By Apostle Suleman Releases Exclsv Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.