Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,225 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? (1580 Views)

Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / How To Switch To A New Smartphone Without Losing Your Whatsapp Chats / Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Breastfeed: 11:48am On Mar 15, 2020
What do you think has become the single most important feature of a smartphone? I know this has been an ongoing debate, and today, we are going to lay it to rest once and for all.

Personally, I’ll say it’s hands down the camera. I mean, what’s a smartphone if its camera won’t turn bland ordinary moments into beautifully captured memories with bursts of colors. But that is just my take on the matter. What do I know though? Why don’t we see what the experts have to say?

According to MIT TECHNOLOGY REVIEW, more megapixels come tops amongst the technology innovations that smartphone manufacturers are expected to prioritize and continually enhance in order to obtain the leading market position and earn creativity bragging rights.

The review states that the demand for more megapixels has become a key mobile phone trend because, as it stands now, a great camera enhances the lifestyle of smartphone users.

So, it is settled; a great camera is the best feature of a smartphone. And it would seem that TECNO is in on this too.

Here is why I think so; according to news making the rounds in the tech world, the smartphone brand is planning to change the entire dynamics of mobile phone photography by partnering with SONY on their next phone.

Sources say the new TECNO CAMON 15 series might be equipped with a whopping 64 megapixels, and once released, will be the first phone in Africa to run on the SONY chip.

This is mega huge?! Do you know what this means? You have to take a pause to process what having a 64 million pixels camera on your phone would mean! Everything will be magnified. Every detail is delicate and clear. Even a dark portrait is bright and clear.

With a 64MP smartphone camera, the user can zoom to the extreme, even to an object 30 meters away. Think sweeping evening landscapes with still-life detail you can zoom right into, and you are starting to get the picture. Every detail, no matter how tiny, will be captured and clearly seen, even to tiny insects and the fluff of their backs.

We all know that TECNO has always been dedicated to camera smartphone technology and has solid technology accumulation, plus they have proven over and over that TECNO is indeed for Nigerians. But we didn’t see this coming. Is Nigeria even ready for this level of exquisite technology?! Brace yourself guys, things will never remain the same. If this is even a little bit true, TECNO will change the smartphone game forever! I don’t know about you, but I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

Source : https://www.informationng.com/2020/03/is-tecno-really-planning-on-releasing-a-64-megapixel-smartphone-with-sony.html/amp

1 Like

Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Lawgod247: 12:18pm On Mar 15, 2020
ok
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by sunshineV(f): 12:55pm On Mar 15, 2020
Maybe Sony can whisper in their ear to use at least helio 60/70

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by seunfly: 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
What sort of cheap attache by force is this? Sony, samsung, leica etc makes camera sensor and phone manufacturers can buy and use for their phones.
Likewise intel, mediatek, Qualcomm, samsung, huawei, sony etc produce chips which might be exclusive or open for other phone manufacturers to use for their product.
None of this is any special partnership or endorsement of quality which tecno lacks.
I would rather advice tecno to start using better chips even if it is old mediatek P60 and P70 series instead of cheap propagandas and paying some idiots to keep lying to people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Neoteny7: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2020
You call 64 megapixels huge?

Well the Xiaomi Note 10 and S20 Ultra both have 108 megapixel cameras

And they're both hype because I've the S20 Ultra and its main camera with the 108mp is not as good as advertized, and it does pixel binning.

Tecno is a piece of shiit and will forever be so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Ejadike(m): 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2020
Breastfeed:
What do you think has become the single most important feature of a smartphone? I know this has been an ongoing debate, and today, we are going to lay it to rest once and for all.

Personally, I’ll say it’s hands down the camera. I mean, what’s a smartphone if its camera won’t turn bland ordinary moments into beautifully captured memories with bursts of colors. But that is just my take on the matter. What do I know though? Why don’t we see what the experts have to say?

According to MIT TECHNOLOGY REVIEW, more megapixels come tops amongst the technology innovations that smartphone manufacturers are expected to prioritize and continually enhance in order to obtain the leading market position and earn creativity bragging rights.

The review states that the demand for more megapixels has become a key mobile phone trend because, as it stands now, a great camera enhances the lifestyle of smartphone users.

So, it is settled; a great camera is the best feature of a smartphone. And it would seem that TECNO is in on this too.

Here is why I think so; according to news making the rounds in the tech world, the smartphone brand is planning to change the entire dynamics of mobile phone photography by partnering with SONY on their next phone.

Sources say the new TECNO CAMON 15 series might be equipped with a whopping 64 megapixels, and once released, will be the first phone in Africa to run on the SONY chip.

This is mega huge?! Do you know what this means? You have to take a pause to process what having a 64 million pixels camera on your phone would mean! Everything will be magnified. Every detail is delicate and clear. Even a dark portrait is bright and clear.

With a 64MP smartphone camera, the user can zoom to the extreme, even to an object 30 meters away. Think sweeping evening landscapes with still-life detail you can zoom right into, and you are starting to get the picture. Every detail, no matter how tiny, will be captured and clearly seen, even to tiny insects and the fluff of their backs.

We all know that TECNO has always been dedicated to camera smartphone technology and has solid technology accumulation, plus they have proven over and over that TECNO is indeed for Nigerians. But we didn’t see this coming. Is Nigeria even ready for this level of exquisite technology?! Brace yourself guys, things will never remain the same. If this is even a little bit true, TECNO will change the smartphone game forever! I don’t know about you, but I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

Source : https://www.informationng.com/2020/03/is-tecno-really-planning-on-releasing-a-64-megapixel-smartphone-with-sony.html/amp

It's gonna a be a great device if this is true.
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Ejadike(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
Neoteny7:
You call 64 megapixels huge?

Well the Xiaomi Note 10 and S20 Ultra both have 108 megapixel cameras

And they're both hype because I've the S20 Ultra and its main camera with the 108mp is not as good as advertized, and it does pixel binning.

Tecno is a piece of shiit and will forever be so

64mp is still huge
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Neoteny7: 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
Ejadike:
64mp is still huge

Not really.

And for the last time huge megapixel numbers are only half of the story. Like I said elsewhere before, this is the era of computational photography, so software processing and great AI coupled with nice sensors make for far better pictures than MP numbers

1 Like

Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Ejadike(m): 4:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
Neoteny7:

Not really.

And for the last time huge megapixel numbers are only half of the story. Like I said elsewhere before, this is the era of computational photography, so software processing and great AI coupled with nice sensors make for far better pictures than MP numbers
oh! Thanks for this insight.

1 Like

Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Mohbola(f): 4:38pm On Mar 15, 2020
Even if they want to collabo, their processor should improve
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by bravesoul247(m): 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2020
Breastfeed:

It's more like patronising Sony. No major partnership going on. This is a very good move though.
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Damseywizzy: 6:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
we have seen time over time that megapixel is not what it takes to build a great camera on smartphone the two best camera on any smartphone which are google pixel 4/4xl and iPhone 11 series has only 12MP camera what makes a great camera are computation photography, good AI & machine learning so let's wait and see what tecno will do with their so called 64MP sony sensor camera
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by seunfly: 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Damseywizzy:
we have seen time over time that megapixel is not what it takes to build a great camera on smartphone the two best camera on any smartphone which are google pixel 4/4xl and iPhone 11 series has only 12MP camera what makes a great camera are computation photography, good AI & machine learning so let's wait and see what tecno will do with their so called 64MP sony sensor camera

Why do people incorrectly says that iphone is the best camera phone in the world?
All the reviews says other wise, currently iphone 11 pro max is no 7 with 117 points behind OPPO find X2 pro, 2 xiaomi phones and 3 huawei phones in DXOmarks camera ranking.
Google pixel 4 is even very far behind, falling out of top 10 best camera phones.
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by skywalker240(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2020
Op take time oo,

be kiafu,

What kind of stupid collabo do Sony want with Crapno

Don't say this again oo

Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Chubbyface: 4:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
Tecno and Sony? I never saw this coming
Re: Is TECNO And SONY Collaborating To Release A New Smartphone? by Blastedholligan: 5:02pm On Mar 22, 2020
Breastfeed:

atleast getting this camera from Sony would make the Camon device far clearer.

(1) (Reply)

Among These Phones, Advise Me To Buy One / Neatly Used Nokia 6120c For Sale / Help!!!!! My Touch 2,blackberry 9550 Is Permanently Locked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.