Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,108 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Warren Buffett Golden Advice #24 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Warren Buffett Golden Advice #24 (180 Views)

Maidaribe, The Borno Billionaire With A Golden House / Auction For Lunch With Warren Buffett Goes For $3.3 Million / Flour Distributor Business Application Process For Dangote, Honeywell Or Golden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Warren Buffett Golden Advice #24 by ABinvestor24: 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
Warren Buffett

CEO, Berkshire Hathaway
Buffett, 82, is the billionaire investor from Nebraska whose stock-picking savvy and Wall Street wisdom have earned him a reputation as the "Oracle of Omaha."

Education:
Bachelor of Arts/Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln; Master of Science, Columbia University

Did you know
Buffett still lives in the same Omaha, Nebraska home he purchased in 1958 for $31,500.

On Thinking Independently
You're neither right nor wrong because people agree with you. You're right because your facts and your reasoning are right.

On Success and Happiness
They say success is getting what you want, and happiness is wanting what you get. I always worry about people who say, "I'm going to do this for 10 years; I really don't like it very well. And then I'll do this ..." That's a little like saving up sex for your old age. Not a very good idea.

On Investing
The first rule of investing is not to lose money. The second rule is not to forget the first rule.

On Picking Stocks for the Long Term
You should invest in businesses so good that even a fool can run them, because someday a fool will.

On Retiring
I will keep working until about five years after I die. I've given my board of directors a Ouija board so they can keep in touch. I also have a letter that will go out and tell what the plans of the company are. It starts out, "Yesterday I died." I just hope the stock doesn't go up too much that day.

Quote by Warren:
Rational people don't risk what they have and need for what they don't have and don't need.

Resources:
Forbes : www.forbes.com
AARP The Magazine: www.aarp.org

ABinvestor24

(1) (Reply)

50 Personnel Deployed To Fight Abule Ado Fire Explosion – Says NSCDC / Accounts For Sale / Increase Lymphocytes And White Blood Cells With Body Massage In Delhi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.