Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,840 members, 7,802,691 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United (37541 Views)

Lukaku ‘Will Accept Pay Cut’ To Dump Chelsea For Inter Milan Return / Gattuso Ready To Accept Pay Cut To Fund Osimhen Transfer / Odion Ighalo: I Took Pay Cut To Secure Manchester United Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by ogbiwa: 6:26am On Mar 16, 2020
Odion Ighalo will be happy to take a £6million pay cut in order to make his loan move to Manchester Unitedpermanent, according to The Sun.

He is currently on loan at Old Trafford from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua until the end of the season.

However, he has impressed so far, and boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is keen to retain his services for next season. 

The striker currently earns £240,000-a-week from Shanghai, but reportedly wouldn't mind taking around a 50% pay cut to join United full-time. 

Ighalo's contract runs until the start of 2021, but United have an option to buy him in the summer transfer window.  

The 30-year-old has scored four goals in eight appearances so far, helping United put together a long unbeaten run. 

Solskjaer said: 'he will improve and get better but he has qualities we saw in him and we needed and we will still need those qualities for next season, so let's see what we will do.

'He knows his job and what his role in the team is, and he's very good with his back to goal, great link player, but maybe the best thing about him is his personality, so he's got the whole lot really.

'He had three touches before his fourth was the finish. All them touches were high quality but he had to make them to create space for himself. But the strike is on the half-volley, great timing, no one would have saved that one so anyone would have been proud of that finish.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8108237/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-says-Man-United-try-sign-Odion-Ighalo-permanently-fourth-goal.html

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by ogbiwa: 6:26am On Mar 16, 2020
He seems to know what he wants and is willing to go after it not minding the costs. I admire that

188 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Omnivalent(m): 6:34am On Mar 16, 2020
it suprised me, when a blogger from kenya claimed that ighalo was the first kenyan to play for manchester united.
on reading it, i peed on mah pants.
laugh be wan kill me.
ighalo... ighalo... i just thank God you 've got a pure Nigerian name.

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Finnese001: 6:49am On Mar 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by helinues: 6:50am On Mar 16, 2020
Good for him

Those who were now aware of his existence initially are now taking him more serious.

Late night glory.. Hard work I may say

All the best Idion Ighallo

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by obojememe: 6:50am On Mar 16, 2020
passion over money

8 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by joebeckz(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
There is no passion to be found playing small—in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
He knows what he wants.

Not like half of £240,000 a week is small.
A win win for him.
Being paid for playing where your childhood was and is.
Good stuff...

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by shawnfamous(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
I'm not a Manchester fan.. But I derive joy seeing Nigerian players playing for these top flight clubs

242 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by gcon21: 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Samakus(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Money is not Ighalo's problem anymore. Footballing satisfaction is

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Pedrotina11: 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Na so u better think it well...no just rush and join man u...think it properly.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by whytediamond(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Z
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by motionarena: 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Silly decision.

Man utd will later dump him like a piece of rag

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by DenreleDave(m): 6:51am On Mar 16, 2020
.. Baba ighalo wants to become Mario for man utd.. Sha be careful coz rooney may send u corona if u Wan pass him record oo

Ehnn experts let's talk
Experts pls come in and render your advise
Any hope for bitcoin guys..
Do you think one should buy now that it's 5300 dollars or one shud still wait till it falls to 4k dollars?
Your suggestions pls bcox i wud love to invest my one month allawee.
Shud I buy now or wait till it falls?
Is the any hope that bitcoin will rise back to what it was in early February?
Pls kinmdy explain if bitcoin will rise again and is it good to be bullish now?

I wana learn
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by sylve11: 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Am so so happy for Ighalo. I wish him luck and more playing time at United. cool

8 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Sultty(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
He has improved joor, upon all he did u still dey talk he has to improve

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by MZrapper(f): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Can someone explain to me how players are loaned out in football??
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by fineboynl(m): 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
it suprised me, when a blogger from kenya claimed that ighalo was the first kenyan to play for man united.
laugh be wan kill me.
ighalo... ighalo... i just thank God you 've got a pure Nigerian name not just a nigerian but a typical esan name.

low self esteem and inferiority complex is your problem. I'm tired why Nigerians makes so much noise on the internet. have you seen other Africans like Senegalese making noise claiming mane? over look things and grow up. see him as a good player and from Africa.

35 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by OakConsultNG: 6:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Good for him..

Meanwhile, Obtain your TIN. Register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:53am On Mar 16, 2020
Money money money
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by oldman112(m): 6:53am On Mar 16, 2020
He will do well for Manchester. At least people with his personality in terms of fashion will either be average or above average.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by NigeriaBam: 6:53am On Mar 16, 2020
cry Nice Decision

Meanwhile, Are you looking for TRUSTED and RELIABLE Data Seller. Check My Profile or Signature MTN and 9mobile Data Is AVAILABLE At Lowest Price.
We're Doing This Business With Honesty, Sincerity, Transparency And God's Fearing.

2 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Bria234: 6:54am On Mar 16, 2020
Ride on ighalo make us proud

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by SweetCunt97(f): 6:54am On Mar 16, 2020
He's doing well more than some players there.. This is exploitation

5 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by bimgo: 6:54am On Mar 16, 2020
Good for him
Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Adgideon(m): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
it suprised me, when a blogger from kenya claimed that ighalo was the first kenyan to play for man united.
laugh be wan kill me.
ighalo... ighalo... i just thank God you 've got a pure Nigerian name not just a nigerian but a typical esan name.
he properbly want to decieve his pple, maybe the name igahlo means something in their country, or may be ingnorance

6 Likes

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by MZrapper(f): 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
fineboynl:

low self esteem and inferiority complex is your problem. I'm tired why Nigerians makes so much noise on the internet. have you seen other Africans like Senegalese making noise claiming mane? over look things and grow up. see him as a good player and from Africa.

You need to grow up yourself.
So because Senegalese don't claim Mane then Nigerians shouldn't claim and celebrate theirs??
You Nigerians are your own very problems.
You will prefer they sing praises of a Portuguese to theirs. Nonsense.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2020
fineboynl:

The only person who needs a mentality change is you! Because you haven't seen Tanzanians blabbing about Samatta? Or Egyptians hyping Trezeguet and Salah all over the internet.

"Good player from Africa" my foot! He's a Nigerian, period!

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by EmekaBlue(m): 6:58am On Mar 16, 2020
ok o....but see men wey no go sch dey chop money anyhow

even his 98% cut still heavy pass person salary

school na scam

1 Like

Re: Ighalo Ready To Take £6 Million Pay Cut To Remain At Manchester United by bamasite2: 6:58am On Mar 16, 2020
It shall favour you, because ooin, you are already doing well!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Burundi: Who Is Your Man Of The Match? / "Look At Your Mates" - Footballer Kelechi Nwakali All Guccified In New Photo / Ben Bruce's Message To Anthony Joshua As He Prepares For Rematch With Andy Ruiz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.