Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,824 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings (81568 Views)

Becheve: Cross River Community Where Unborn Baby Girls Are Betrothed To Aged Men / Machina Emirate Yobe: Where Snakes Pay Homage To King / Enugwu Ukwu In Anambra Where Pythons & Human Beings Live In Harmony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 16, 2020
PAGAN9JA:
Clearly the ancestors hd a better relationship with animals.
I wish all Nigerians were like this

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Hussein01(m): 6:22pm On May 16, 2020
ValCon888:
He's the mod who pushed snake threads to the front page.
funny.....may be he loves snakes.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 16, 2020
Fmartin:
In Tiv land, there is a particular snake that it's not killed. The snake is green in color
Same with my village in Enugu State

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Shamzo4u: 6:37pm On May 16, 2020
That simply means Lagocians can't live in Machina... We don't like snakes, alive or dead
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Benwallt(m): 6:56pm On May 16, 2020
They should choose specie well o. Nor go mess with diamondback rattle snake, moons linger, gaboon viper, malin crate or king cobra. Them go cold pass ice
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by IdrisE(m): 7:00pm On May 16, 2020
More pictures and video could have proven your point well!

But this your story may be one of the traditional folk tells our grandfather normally tell us then
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by KristaPretty(f): 7:25pm On May 16, 2020
Some things are mysterious in this world.

If na calabar, snake for see humans de run otherwise na to end inside pot of soup grin
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:34pm On May 16, 2020
Emmacolinho:

And be falling sick upandan like Ogbanje
what you don't believe, won't kill u
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 16, 2020
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by thaoriginator: 7:39pm On May 16, 2020
Which kain lie-lie emir be this o cheesy
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by SeeAfrica(m): 7:49pm On May 16, 2020
Someone had once told me that the easiest way to make it to FP is by posting on topics that is related to snake.He said assuredly that lala loves snake's topic alot.At first I doubted it but now it has become obvious to me and i now Concur to what he said.

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Neerich1512(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2020
The day I visited this town I was so surprised that human being are living in such remote village . From Damaturu to Nguru, I was told that vehicles do not ply the town except Jeep( the military type) reason is because the road is not tarred and it was sandy all tru to Machina. The Jeep do ply the road every three days. On getting there some corpers were just posted there and they were lamenting why NYSC will post them to such village. What surprised me most was that I met one Yoruba guy from Ogbomoso that has been residing there for almost 5years namedWale. He told me that Niger is 30min away from Machina. ...Though I did not se snake ooo.

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:52pm On May 16, 2020
LoydJ:
The rate @ which snake threads have Been hitting FP this days is engrossing
Guess what bro
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by ABCthings: 8:12pm On May 16, 2020
grin

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by shollyshine(m): 8:15pm On May 16, 2020
Lalasticlala comes to mind grin
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by LZAA: 8:33pm On May 16, 2020
Lala right now grin

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Juby: 8:50pm On May 16, 2020
Well that's true I'm from machina born and brought up in Lagos my father use to tell me the story...never to eat snakes anywhere most especially black cobra

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by vertueptime: 8:59pm On May 16, 2020
If you read the story of moses,,

Hoephase:
What is the position of Islam on this?

Please my Muslim brethren should help us out with this.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by rhames(m): 9:17pm On May 16, 2020
jmonaco:

https://thenationonlineng.net/yobe-community-where-snakes-are-friends-with-human-beings/

Hausa Man: Madalla

Igbo Man: Nde Beenu Nuna Kwa!

Yoruba Man: Oro Ti Baje.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Slimguy0(m): 9:24pm On May 16, 2020
These ones are friends with GUCCI ?!!!
People wear Gucci but these ones Carry Live Gucci !!!! grin grin grin Nigeria Tualé ooh..

Wetin serpent no go see for Nigeria sotey dem even turn paddy with them grin grin
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by elchapoo: 9:27pm On May 16, 2020
You mean venomous snakes or non venous? Because what I can see I non venomous python.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Drfinn: 10:20pm On May 16, 2020
I did my NYSC in Machina. I heard the story but never got to see any snakes.
Market is on Sundays.

Only one church (COCIN) was permitted to run services. Don't know if things have changed.

The Emir is highly educated and friendly, can't forget in a hurry how He hosted us to a sumptuous dinner wen we were about rounding up service. We ate in trays with bare hands.

Niger is some 30minutes away. Some parts of the community such as the hills, and lush grasslands instill awe. Well, the weather is same as in other parts of the north, and so are the people.

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by petitejolie(f): 10:20pm On May 16, 2020
Toooor.....i've stored the name of this village in my head. Cant have anything to do with such villages
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Hoephase: 10:31pm On May 16, 2020
lafiagi007:

The prophet Muhammad S.A.W advised against killing of snakes. In one of the narrations, he once advised that if one of us should see a snake in our room, we should tell it to leave orally and in three different occasions, if it refuses to leave, then you pray and kill it.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate I never knew this.

1 Like

Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Hoephase: 10:36pm On May 16, 2020
tamdun:

I left after 2011 election, everyone of us that went to gowon House abuja were given redeployment letter (about 20 copers lost their life because of that election)

Glad you made it out that place used to be very peaceful but went to the dogs so fast one has to wonder what really went wrong.
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Kay25(m): 11:12pm On May 16, 2020
They need deliverance...
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by samilly(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2020
India in Nigeria
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by Roozzaay(m): 11:30pm On May 16, 2020
These are distant relatives of Nembe people of Bayelsa
Re: Machina: Yobe Community Where Snakes Are Friends With Human Beings by faebenezer5star: 3:36am On May 17, 2020
Snake helped their grand father, lalalala of all animal to make friend with, it is the one that God placed a curse on .... people are mad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Dressed As Emir Of Iwoland While Sitting On Throne / Before You Marry Idoma Girl: Important Things You Must Know / Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.