Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,933 members, 7,799,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Presidency Awards Scholarship To Winners Of Young Nigeria Scientist Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Presidency Awards Scholarship To Winners Of Young Nigeria Scientist Competition (425 Views)

MTN Foundation Awards Scholarship To 6,000 Students – Official / Queen Irene Onwuka Foundation Gives N2million To Winners Of Quiz Competition / Governor Shettima Awards Scholarship To Galadima Isreal, Highest In JAMB Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Awards Scholarship To Winners Of Young Nigeria Scientist Competition by LegendHer0: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Abuja granted full scholarship up to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree level to three secondary students who emerged winners at the year 2020 Young Nigerian Scientists Presidential Award Competition.

The scholarship is in any science-related discipline of their choice at any university in the country.

Declaring open the 2020 Science, Technology and Innovation Expo with the theme ''Enhancing The Growth Of A Diversified Economy Through Science And Technology'', the President commended the creativity and competitive spirit of the three young scientists who emerged tops in the competition tagged 774 Young Nigerian Scientists Presidential Award (774 YONSPA).

The students are Masters Akintade Abdullahi Akanbi of Osun State from Osogbo Government High School Osogbo, Osun State, who came first; while the second positions went to Uwakwe Nelson Kamsiyochukwu of Anambra State from British Spring College, Awka and Aimofumhe Eshiobomhe Sigmus of FCT from the School of the Gifted, Gwagwalada, Abuja, respectively.

President Buhari noted that Nigeria’s greatest resource is its human capital, assuring that his administration would continue to support human resource development.

''This is richly embodied in our youth who make up tens of millions of incredibly talented persons, constantly pushing and striving towards greatness. The future of Nigeria belongs to our youth.

''This Administration will therefore continue to create the enabling environment for them to develop to the fullest, their potentials.

''We will harness their energy and their talents to make Nigeria achieve true greatness,'' he said.

The President reiterated the commitment of the Federal Government to partner with the private sector on science, technology and innovation sector development towards ensuring that the sector plays the very important role in advancing the frontiers of knowledge for nation building.

''Government will continually support the creation of intervention funds to strengthen research and development, human capacity building programmes and collaboration with the organized private sector.

''We will continue to work towards the realisation of the National Research and Innovation Fund. I am aware, this Fund will help promote research activities in our country,'' he said.

The President, therefore, directed the ministers of science and technology to create the needed opportunities to ensure that Nigerian scientists work towards providing solutions to the nation's challenges of insecurity, unemployment, poverty, healthcare delivery and power, among others.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
March 16, 2020

CC: Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez

Source: https://www.femiadesina.com/president-buhari-awards-scholarship-to-three-science-students-says-future-belongs-to-nigerian-youths/?fbclid=IwAR08rGNfR-felegirAyRuiBSl4Qsnj7bXFKaaLwzrnVnpjs59_YpdU4WhQ0
Re: Presidency Awards Scholarship To Winners Of Young Nigeria Scientist Competition by youngsahito(m): 6:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
public school is still the best...kudos to this genuises

1 Like

Re: Presidency Awards Scholarship To Winners Of Young Nigeria Scientist Competition by Pheelz2020(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2020
hello guys,
pls i need ur assistance...

NOUN confirmed that they have received my transcript.
they said i should go to my study center and continue with documents verification,
note; i had this done long before my transcript was sent, they even opened 3 files for me.

i called a contact at my study center and he said; " they can't login to their server due to shut down caused by this corona palava.

pls, my question is; how can i get my matric number and go ahead with my course registration?

pls, any ideas....

LegendHer0:
President Muhammadu Buhari Monday in Abuja granted full scholarship up to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree level to three secondary students who emerged winners at the year 2020 Young Nigerian Scientists Presidential Award Competition.

The scholarship is in any science-related discipline of their choice at any university in the country.

Declaring open the 2020 Science, Technology and Innovation Expo with the theme ''Enhancing The Growth Of A Diversified Economy Through Science And Technology'', the President commended the creativity and competitive spirit of the three young scientists who emerged tops in the competition tagged 774 Young Nigerian Scientists Presidential Award (774 YONSPA).

The students are Masters Akintade Abdullahi Akanbi of Osun State from Osogbo Government High School Osogbo, Osun State, who came first; while the second positions went to Uwakwe Nelson Kamsiyochukwu of Anambra State from British Spring College, Awka and Aimofumhe Eshiobomhe Sigmus of FCT from the School of the Gifted, Gwagwalada, Abuja, respectively.

President Buhari noted that Nigeria’s greatest resource is its human capital, assuring that his administration would continue to support human resource development.

''This is richly embodied in our youth who make up tens of millions of incredibly talented persons, constantly pushing and striving towards greatness. The future of Nigeria belongs to our youth.

''This Administration will therefore continue to create the enabling environment for them to develop to the fullest, their potentials.

''We will harness their energy and their talents to make Nigeria achieve true greatness,'' he said.

The President reiterated the commitment of the Federal Government to partner with the private sector on science, technology and innovation sector development towards ensuring that the sector plays the very important role in advancing the frontiers of knowledge for nation building.

''Government will continually support the creation of intervention funds to strengthen research and development, human capacity building programmes and collaboration with the organized private sector.

''We will continue to work towards the realisation of the National Research and Innovation Fund. I am aware, this Fund will help promote research activities in our country,'' he said.

The President, therefore, directed the ministers of science and technology to create the needed opportunities to ensure that Nigerian scientists work towards providing solutions to the nation's challenges of insecurity, unemployment, poverty, healthcare delivery and power, among others.

Femi Adesina
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
March 16, 2020

CC: Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez

Source: https://www.femiadesina.com/president-buhari-awards-scholarship-to-three-science-students-says-future-belongs-to-nigerian-youths/?fbclid=IwAR08rGNfR-felegirAyRuiBSl4Qsnj7bXFKaaLwzrnVnpjs59_YpdU4WhQ0

(1) (Reply)

New Marketing Cloud Administrator Dumps PDF [2020] Updated Version / Education / Presidency Submits Schools Reopening Proposal To National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.