Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out (33469 Views)

20 Governors Lost Their State In Largely Rigged Elections / PDP Crisis: How G-5 Alliance May Affect Makinde’s Second-Term Bid / Aggressive Spending, Worsening FX Crisis" - How Naira Redesign Will Affect Econo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by dre11(m): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2020
The Pro-Oshiomole governors in All Progressives Congress (APC) on Monday beat their anti-Oshiomole counterparts to the game and turn the table to secure the suspension of today contentious Emergency National Executive Committee meeting.

Sixteen of the 20-member Progressive Governors’ Forum (PGF) had met to take a position on the leadership crisis rocking the party before meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Villa where the Pro-Oshiomole group deftly ensured that the NEC meeting did hold as planned by the anti-Oshiomole led National Working Committee.

The leadership rocking the ruling party has polarised the APC governors forum with Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma leading the pack of pro-Oshiomole group while the chairman of the PGF and Kebbi State governor, Abubakar Atiku Bagudu is the arrow head of the anti-Oshiomole group.

Source at the pre-villa meeting of the governors said the meeting became rowdy when Pro-Oshiomole group gathered that their counterparts had concluded plans to present a position to the President that the forum has endorsed the anti-Oshiomole NWC, a move that was stiffly contested forcing the PGF to back peddler.

“It was gathered that the PGF chairman had perfected a plan to present a position that the governors endorsed the NEC meeting to the President without prior discussion by the whole house. This angered Imo State governor, Uzodinma who stood his ground and accused the chairman of imposition,” a source disclosed.

Irked by the chairman’s action, Uzodinma along with other allies protested and in keeping with his earlier warning to resist any attempt to humilate Oshiomhole out of office. This development forced the meeting to agreed that the NEC meeting would be suspended to enable them find amicable and a popular solution to the deadlock.

It was also gathered that Uzodinma also complained what he described as the inglorious role of the Director General of the PGF, Dr. Mohammed Lukman. He frowned at the “untoward” role the DG played so far in the leadership crisis rocking the party.

According to another source at the meeting, “Governor Uzodinma who was visibly angry complained that the DG can no longer be allow to be disparaging the national chairman of the party and he said that he (Lukman) be relieved of his post”.

It was at this point that the forum chairman apologized and appealled to his colleagues and an agreement was reached to persuade President Buhari to support the suspension of the NEC.

Briefing State House Correspondents after meeting with the President, Bagudu said the forum had resolved to amicably resolved all the areas of differences that had all along been responsible for the crisis besetting the party.

He also said that they (the governors) agreed with President Buhari to suspend the scheduled NEC of the party until such a time when they (the governors) would deem it fit to hold the meeting and report back to the President.

“Progressive Governors Forum (PGF), who are governors of the All Progressives Congress (APC) controlled-states, came this afternoon to meet Mr President and among other issues,

“Yes, we discussed about party issues and showed appropriation to Mr President on how he has given access to each of us individually and collectively.

“Among the issues we discussed was the resolution the governors have taken to work together and resolve all the issues in our party and also we sought Mr President’s support to postpone the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting that was scheduled for tomorrow, until such a time that governors will be able to report back”, he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/apc-crisis-how-anti-oshiomole-govs-lost-out/

4 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Kwamecron(m): 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
I see
Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Witcher(f): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2020
Fake news. U think Oshiomole will win against governors. Even Buhari can't go against three governors

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by hisexcellency34: 9:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
Fake news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by adekolaelect(m): 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
Witcher:
Fake news. U think Oshiomole will win against governors. Even Buhari can't go against three governors
it is fake news when it didn't shoot your doom predict !!! You will cry & shading more than this when time comes.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by omowolewa: 11:57pm On Mar 16, 2020
Even minute of that meeting can't be better than this. Were you there?
Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by ikaboy: 12:05am On Mar 17, 2020
I saw the way Uzomidinma was watch the PGF chairman address the press on tye outcome of the meeting with d president, the guy was ready to punch the chairman of he had said anything contrary to the consensus.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Unigrad: 12:47am On Mar 17, 2020
These are the people that place Nigeria where she is today. They are living the life as if it's going to be endless.
They are all fighting for their pockets and interest.
I don't know why some persons are killing and insulting themselves for these greedy and wicked politicians. I pity those who collect peanut to mortgage their destiny for them.
Nigeria still have a long way to go.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by tribalmall: 12:52am On Mar 17, 2020
Shut your foolish mouth of you do not have anything reasonable to contribius to the discus.

Unigrad:
These are the people that place Nigeria where she is today. They are living the life as if it's going to be endless.
They are all fighting for their pockets and interest.
I don't know why some persons are killing and insulting themselves for these greedy and wicked politicians. I pity those who collect peanut to mortgage their destiny for them.
Nigeria still have a long way to go.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Chamber2000: 1:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Nairaland has a lot of kids that insult you or your tribe if you have a contrary opinion .

Thank God I found Twitter because that's where everything happens and you get to roll with the BIG Guns not Nairaland where kids who are still writing Jamb or undergraduate will be insulting you.

Seun sanitise this place. It's too toxic.

Ban people and stop giving them leeway to destroy your hard work

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by IGNigeria: 11:50am On Mar 17, 2020
Go Into Your Room And Lock Your Door Before Watching This Very Hot Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJSTfpBwJtg
Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by BafanaBafana: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2020
All these are happening because there are too many powerful people in the party. The president has simply refused to take charge.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by ZAWs: 11:51am On Mar 17, 2020
My respect for Amaechi(the schemer)has reduced so well.
What a terrible man".

7 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by iammo(m): 11:52am On Mar 17, 2020
cool

Jagaban effect

4 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by SolarKing1: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2020
No positive news for him since this saga started, in fact it became so clear that his humiliation out of office had been long sealed and concluded. Everyone he ran helterskelter to couldn't help at all. Laslas, he ran to Ashiwaju of Africa; the Man with unprecedented political sagacity and you know the rest now. We all know by now that the great political maverick Ashiwaju Bola Tinubu saved him. I used to slander Baba Tinubu, but not anymore because I've discovered that you can never take Greatness from a truly great Man. Now, I've humbled myself to respect and learn from him. Love him or hate, Baba Tinubu is a political master Boss like non other. Like if you agree, share if not.
To all readers, get this endless enjoyment in your Home. You will test it free for 2 days first, get our Lithium Device that powers your Home 24hours daily.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Nyamiri: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2020
Witcher:

This stupidity you display is why Secondus is still your Chairman in PDP.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by YorubaKinging: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2020
It's rather too early for either side to claim Victory
Nobody has lost out , everything is back to normal
But let's see what happens
Because I think the target is tinubu omo Yoruba
And Lagos is his Stronghold

So If tinubu goes down, then Lagos is going to burn for it

This is the truth
Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by HajiMT: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2020
There should be no victor no vanquished since APC is supposed to be one big family
Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Nyamiri: 11:53am On Mar 17, 2020
Obaseki's political future is very bleak.

8 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by agabusta: 11:54am On Mar 17, 2020
Abeg we don tire for Oshiomole news. Let's go back to Coronavirus and Gas explosion.

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by pahoehoe: 11:57am On Mar 17, 2020
If you know Oshiomhole very well, you will understand how those fighting him will continue to lose out. Click on the links on my signature to know how you will make millions of naira every months from investing in Ibeju Lekki plots of land.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Nyamiri: 11:57am On Mar 17, 2020
HajiMT:
There should be no victor no vanquished since APC is supposed to be one big family

APC is not Biafra. Fayemi, El-rufai, Amaechi, Giadom and other idiots are vanquished.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by HalleHayes: 11:57am On Mar 17, 2020
Witcher:

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Jack500: 11:58am On Mar 17, 2020
Obaseki should just start packing his bag, he can go and govern one of the ipob state, his supporters, I am sure he can't be worse than the present Abia governor.

Meanwhile, jagaban always have the last laugh, I really can't wait for 2023 game of thrones.

Meanwhile, Osibanjo 2023

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Bigleaf1006: 11:58am On Mar 17, 2020
Everyone who has an iota of sense knew that oshiomole wasn't going anywhere at least for now. But I wonder if people deliberately just choose to ignore common sense or they just plain stupid.

It's totally confusing when u read political comments on this forum.

4 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: How Anti-Oshiomhole Governors Lost Out by Oyindamolah: 11:59am On Mar 17, 2020
Cooking gas 1 kg= N320
Kerosene 1 litter= N250
Petrol 1 litter= N145
Firewood 5 pieces= N300

You see? Don't you think its cheaper to cook with petrol?
************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Some of had to wait till 4pm daily to watch TV, and opened the Nulec televisions like cupboards.
Some of us used corn cob as relay baton in primary school Interhouse sports.

Imagine arguing with people that were still drinking Cerelac when Yar’Adua was president.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Is The Last Civilian President —Prophet Godfrey Gbujie / Photos: President Jonathan And Wife At Their Polling Unit In Bayelsa / New Photo Of Senator Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.