Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,413 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 PM

Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ (37068 Views)

Henrietta Alokha Is Dead! The Principal Of Bethlehem Girls College Dies In Lagos / Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued / Fire At Federal Government Girls College Hostel, Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by References: 9:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
The Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos has clarified that no student of Bethlehem Girls College died in the explosion that rocked the Abule-Ado area of FESTAC in Amuwo Odofin local government area of Lagos state on Sunday.

It was earlier reported that many people including a principal, students of a boarding school and family of four lost their lives to the explosion.

But the Church in a statement signed by the Chief Shepherd of the Archdiocese, Most. Rev. Alfred Adewale Martins, stated that all students of the school were reported safe.

He said that with the help of the first respondents, all the students were rescued and some that were injured were rushed to the hospitals while others have been released to their parents and gone to their different homes.

“We want to state that all students of the school were reported safe. Those who sustained injuries were promptly attended to in various hospitals within the environs.

“We are getting our Education Department along with the Administrators of other Archdiocesan schools to see how the students of Bethlehem Girls College can be accommodated in other schools so that their education is not disrupted,” the statement reads in part, noting that the incident occurred while the students and staff were at Sunday Mass.

The church, however, confirmed the death of the school’s Administrator, Rev. Sr. (Dr.) Henrietta Alokha, and a female security guard who both paid the supreme price while trying to ensure the safety of the students.

It also confirmed that no priest died during the incident, explaining that the priest who was celebrating the Mass helped in rescuing the students and himself.

Commenting on the properties destroyed, Rev. Alfred said that the Staff quarters, Administrative Building, the cafeteria and hostel buildings were levelled to the ground as a result of the impact of the explosion with no essential building standing except the convent housing the nuns in charge of the school.

The Church thanked all those who responded swiftly, while also commending the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Nigeria Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the Red Cross and the various Security Agencies for their prompt response which, it said, ensured that the situation did not get worse.

“We are grateful to the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu for his call to express the sympathy of the government and for setting up a committee to investigate issues surrounding the explosion,” Rev. Alfred said.

Daily Trust reports that the Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, had launched a N2billion Emergency Relief Fund for victims of the explosion.

He has also set up an inter-governmental and multi-sectoral committee to investigate the remote and immediate cause of the explosions, which he described as unfortunate and monumental.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-explosion-no-student-of-bethlehem-girls-college-died.html

3 Likes

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Okoroawusa: 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
It's well...

I am very sorry for your loss

19 Likes

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by emeijeh(m): 9:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
"Rev. Sr. (Dr.) Henrietta Alokha, and a female security guard who both paid the supreme price while trying to ensure the safety of the students"

...so touching

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Witcher(f): 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
That's a good thing right?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
UnaToto

2 Likes

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Eagleboney(m): 9:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
eternal rest grant unto them ,and let perpetual light shine upon them,
may they rest in peace

88 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
It is well, in Jesus name.
May the good Lord comfort all that lost their loved ones and properties.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Iyiataata92: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2020
Thank God for this

Chukwudubem Mmesoma, JSS1 student, I picked your book ''Catholic Hymn Book''.
If I ever meet you, I'll hand it over to you. These two days, songs in the book have really made me better.
I just hope you're safe, Little Angel

133 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Iyiataata92: 9:59pm On Mar 16, 2020
UnaToto:
UnaToto
I just felt like praying you experience this kind disaster but my conscience pulled me back.
Father forgive his naivety

38 Likes

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
Iyiataata92:

I just felt like praying you experience this kind disaster but my conscience pulled me back.
Father forgive his naivety
I wanted to ignore you but I'm being forced to reply.
I'm not in anyway mocking the victims, UnaToto is my format and you can't take that away.

UnaToto

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Iyiataata92: 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2020
UnaToto:
I wanted to ignore you but I'm being forced to reply.
I'm not in anyway mocking the victims, UnaToto is my format and you can't take that away.

UnaToto

I think some situations should make you alter your format so as not to sound insensitive and/or irresponsible

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Makavelli25: 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
Iyiataata92:
Thank God for this

Chukwudubem Mmesoma, JSS1 student, I picked your book ''Catholic Hymn Book''.
If I ever meet you, I'll hand it over to you. These two days, songs in the book have really made me better.
I just hope you're safe, Little Angel
You sure??
Abi na jara you put
Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Iyiataata92: 10:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
Makavelli25:
You sure??
Abi na jara you put
these times of woes afford no time to woo

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Makavelli25: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2020
Iyiataata92:
these times of woe affords no time to woo
na lie Shut up!!!
Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Postingnonsense: 8:18am On Mar 17, 2020
References:
The Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos has clarified that no student of Bethlehem Girls College died in the explosion that rocked the Abule-Ado area of FESTAC in Amuwo Odofin local government area of Lagos state on Sunday.

It was earlier reported that many people including a principal, students of a boarding school and family of four lost their lives to the explosion.

But the Church in a statement signed by the Chief Shepherd of the Archdiocese, Most. Rev. Alfred Adewale Martins, stated that all students of the school were reported safe.

He said that with the help of the first respondents, all the students were rescued and some that were injured were rushed to the hospitals while others have been released to their parents and gone to their different homes.

“We want to state that all students of the school were reported safe. Those who sustained injuries were promptly attended to in various hospitals within the environs.

“We are getting our Education Department along with the Administrators of other Archdiocesan schools to see how the students of Bethlehem Girls College can be accommodated in other schools so that their education is not disrupted,” the statement reads in part, noting that the incident occurred while the students and staff were at Sunday Mass.

The church, however, confirmed the death of the school’s Administrator, Rev. Sr. (Dr.) Henrietta Alokha, and a female security guard who both paid the supreme price while trying to ensure the safety of the students.

It also confirmed that no priest died during the incident, explaining that the priest who was celebrating the Mass helped in rescuing the students and himself.

Commenting on the properties destroyed, Rev. Alfred said that the Staff quarters, Administrative Building, the cafeteria and hostel buildings were levelled to the ground as a result of the impact of the explosion with no essential building standing except the convent housing the nuns in charge of the school.

The Church thanked all those who responded swiftly, while also commending the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Nigeria Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), the Red Cross and the various Security Agencies for their prompt response which, it said, ensured that the situation did not get worse.

“We are grateful to the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu for his call to express the sympathy of the government and for setting up a committee to investigate issues surrounding the explosion,” Rev. Alfred said.

Daily Trust reports that the Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, had launched a N2billion Emergency Relief Fund for victims of the explosion.

He has also set up an inter-governmental and multi-sectoral committee to investigate the remote and immediate cause of the explosions, which he described as unfortunate and monumental.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-explosion-no-student-of-bethlehem-girls-college-died.html

She died for them.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by sapientia(m): 9:51am On Mar 17, 2020
Music to my ears

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2020
sapientia:
Music to my ears
d ones wey dem talk say dem die no be human beings abi? which music dey ring 4 ur ears
stop reading the headlines only, grow up homo sapiens

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by hisexcellency34: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2020
Heard its Boko Haram attack

1 Like

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by darthv: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2020
.rip
Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by deedy111: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2020
H
Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 17, 2020
He said that with the help of the first respondents, all the students were rescued
big thanks to God and d first responders
dis are d real martyrs , dey r in heaven right now. Rest in perfect peace matyrs

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by morikee: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2020
Rip i no dey see my guy @MannaBBQGrill i hope say Covid-19 no jam am.

1 Like

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by YorubaKinging: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2020
My Lagos
Too many evil deeds being done on your soil
Will God not recompense?
Of course , your judgement is even here
Where will you run to on the day of vengeance for all the blood you've spilled

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by NigeriaBam: 9:54am On Mar 17, 2020
Thank God, But This government is useless , we don't have natural disaster, we have human disaster. When we are not at war. My bleed for this woman. This government is evil.

Rip Rev Sister and those who died

Meanwhile, Are you looking for TRUSTED and RELIABLE Data Seller. Check My Profile or Signature MTN and 9mobile Data Is AVAILABLE At Lowest Price.
We're Doing This Business With Honesty, Sincerity, Transparency And God's Fearing.
Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:54am On Mar 17, 2020
I have a personal friend who said he lost two nieces in that school.

Who dafuq's lyin?

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Heard its Boko Haram attack
fake news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Ogegeodey(m): 9:56am On Mar 17, 2020
It's sad the rev. Sister lost her life trying to save others.
Grant unto her eternal rest Oh Lord and let your perpetual light shine upon her.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by ainas247: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2020
lipsrsealed If this is true, thats a good news
Rip to the dead
Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Nairalandmonika: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2020
E go be
Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by julioralph(m): 9:57am On Mar 17, 2020
sad

May God have mercy on their souls.

I wonder what sort of "pipeline explosion" would take out windows, remove roofs, damage cars, and also send huge sound-waves/tremors across Lagos/Ogun states

A "pipeline explosion" whose aftermath looks like something done by a F-35 jet or Avenger drone?

A so called "pipeline explosion" that very conveniently happened at 9am when the girls were gathered for mass, and when others in the Neighourhood were either going to Or returning from their churches

There's more to this abegi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos explosion: ‘No student of Bethlehem Girls College died’ by Lovelies1: 9:57am On Mar 17, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Check 2017 JAMB Admission Status / 88-Year-Old Man Prepares For His Death, Dies A Day After Graduation (Photos) / The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.