Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

$22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension (18654 Views)

World Bank, US EXIM Bank Commit $3bn To Nigeria Energy Transition Plan / Sola Yomi-Ajayi Appointed To USA EXIM’s Africa Advisory Committee / US-EXIM Bank, AECOM Offer Support For $11.1bn Nigeria’s Coastal Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by chozzy: 10:23am On Mar 17, 2020
tempest01:
The South south that will finance most of the loan repayment is not adequately captured in it. Only East west road that has been a conduit for siphoning money since the days of SUREP. How did the loan application pass the Senate?

A certain region is cornering all the funds. From ECA, abachas loot, etc. And now taking huge loans for white elephant projects skewed to one region.

Why is no one talking or acting? Is it till oil price goes down that we know we don't have to waste and embezzle funds?

The ECA moved from billions to hundreds of millions. Where did all the money go? Where is the Abacha loot? Why is the chief law head using lawyers he ends up paying millions of dollars for consultation? Questions are not being asked. People are not taking a stand for what is right.

It's very sad, my brother

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by ZUBY77(m): 10:23am On Mar 17, 2020
Eteka1:
Mumu people. Who has ever asked States or Geopolitical Zones to pay a debt owed by Federal Government before?

So why take loan to favour 5 zones when 6 zones will eventually pay for it?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Asuito7(m): 10:23am On Mar 17, 2020
SoNature:

The South South has the power to change the destiny of this country for good.

I don't understand why people of that region have refused to act
where are you from if I may ask? Because what you just wrote here is a fact that only a few and minute number of Nigerians know it. Even the owners of the oil wells in Nigeria(south south) don't know it. I am so much in love with your comment because you spoke my mind with what I thought I am the only one that knows it.

3 Likes

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by ebuka4star: 10:23am On Mar 17, 2020
Patrioticman007:
What a bunch of meddlesome interlopers & rabble rousers, are they not aware that Nigerian Government has cancelled the loan application yesterday due to the Covid 19 economic down turn ?. As a busy body you need to be current.

See their ipobian piglets followers clicking likes for misinformation & fake news. Do Google facts before you post rubbish.

Are you myopic or just foolish? Your English teacher, need to refund His/Her Salary because its product(You) cannot understand simply comprehension. the letter was Written when ? and FG suspend the Loan when?. Your type is the reason Tinubu/ Northern Slaves(Yoruba stooge to Northern Caliphate) drinks Kunu on your head irrespective of your noise-making of education in an empty stomach. Grow Up, Read the History. Igbos have all the right to despise the Yorubas base on Awolowo Betrayal. Your Type should Always say Thanks to the South-South region of Nigeria, for laying the Golden Egg. if crude oil becomes Useless, what will be of Nigeria? How entrepreneurial are You? and can You survive in Knowledge-driven economy based on Meritocracy without nepotism or tribalism? Rethink Man.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Jiokejohn: 10:29am On Mar 17, 2020
Patrioticman007:
What a bunch of meddlesome interlopers & rabble rousers, are they not aware that Nigerian Government has cancelled the loan application yesterday due to the Covid 19 economic down turn ?. As a busy body you need to be current.

See their ipobian piglets followers clicking likes for misinformation & fake news. Do Google facts before you post rubbish.

Who is gullible and naive here?
This is a case of pot calling plate 'black'. Some people have allowed hatred and mediocrity to becloud their real sense of reasoning. The letter was written on '11th day of March 2020. And according to you, Nigeria federal government cancelled it yesterday (16th March 2020) and you are here bragging.
My dear, the fact that you went to school doesn't mean that you acquired the needed knowledge.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by zoedew: 10:29am On Mar 17, 2020
Great! This is a better way to engage The FG on regional imbalance in distributing the benefits of the Nigerian Federation. Next The Igbo Board of Directors must engage the SE Governors with visible nonperformance! SE Legislators not pulling their weight in the NA should also be eyeballed while the SE Electorate is helped to take a more balanced look at Nigerian politics going forward.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by SoNature(m): 10:30am On Mar 17, 2020
Asuito7:
where are you from if I may ask? Because what you just wrote here is a fact that only a few and minute number of Nigerians know it. Even the owners of the oil wells in Nigeria(south south) don't know it. I am so much in love with your comment because you spoke my mind with what I thought I am the only one that knows it.

South East

I am glad we are on the same page

cool cool cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 17, 2020
tatatar:
Enemies of the nation

Thunder will fire you if you don't have brains..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Patrioticman007(m): 10:34am On Mar 17, 2020
ebuka4star:

Are you myopic or just foolish? Your English teacher, need to refund His/Her Salary because its product(You) cannot understand simply comprehension. the letter was Written when ? and FG cancels the Loan when?. Your type is the reason Tinubu/ Northern Slaves(Yoruba stooge to Northern Caliphate) drinks Kunu on your head irrespective of your noise-making of education in an empty stomach. Grow Up, Read the History. Igbos have all the right to despise the Yorubs base on Awolowo Betrayal.

Your mumu never do ?. Its pertinent to note, in any democratically elected government, the majority will have their way, while the minority will have their say, (you, the 5%).
Do you think the international community is like your ogogoro age group system, where there are no government ?. You must be a product exam malpractice to think that a letter from touts, will be recognised by any government.
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by vincentjk(m): 10:36am On Mar 17, 2020
anonimi:

Excellent move before barawo bubu & co vamoose all the money like they did with Abacha in their PTF looters' gang.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3040085_abachaaa_jpegb9b6ace1c002846314b86b3375f466a0

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3441929_img20160227001458_jpeg3fecf627d6b5447631b348f011e59b5a

Abacha stole $700m?? God almighty! What did he do with such huge amount of money??

God oo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Burruchaga71(m): 10:36am On Mar 17, 2020
OkoroBufo:
How much is potor region contributing to the federation?.. when we tell them they're 5th class citizens, they'd start rolling on the floor in anger.

-Okoro Bufo
Ewu Gambia

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Ahmed234sokoto: 10:40am On Mar 17, 2020
Noerection:
Ibo thugs
You have a PHD in STUPIDITY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by elmodee7(m): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2020
What concerns Igbo ipob terrorist fool in nigeria's matter. Mind your business pigs.
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by mapet: 10:43am On Mar 17, 2020
heed101:
Oil producing country borrowing to finance capital projects. My problem is not the loan but different shell companies that will be floated to siphon funds through contract awards. Project will be abandoned and children of the masses will be made to service debt through bogus tax arrangement. Nigeria should wake up.

Of all the nonsense posted on this thread, yours is striking in ignorance. Have you read the terms of the loans? Obviously not
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Burruchaga71(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2020
Urchman200:
so how did they intend to repay fool ?is it from cow rearing?
Hahahahahahaha Maybe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by mapet: 10:45am On Mar 17, 2020
Sonnobax15:
undecided I've never been tribalistic and never ever will i be tribalistic,but as an urhobo,i'll really want to commend this "igbo group"...so long it's all about the betterment of their people's lives,its a good move.

It is not about the betterment of their people. It is about ignorance and hate.
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Urchman200: 10:45am On Mar 17, 2020
IWTBAB:

on point.
na exactly dis same amount diezani and her fellow criminals steal from our country o, just few people. dis stupid people no see anytin talk abt dat. 22 billion usa dollars shocked

i wonder how Nigerians go vote out d ebele buffon if dis money diezani and her fellow thieves steal n run away is used in making our nation move forward , wetin we go need d loan for.
una no fit accuse diezani lailai because of una 'na one of us mentality'
no mind dem trouble finders .dem illiterates dem. i tink say na zoo dem dey call Naija na. where dem dey wen ebele , diezani etc dey steal dem future blindly n still tell dem say stealing is not corruption. anuofias dem.
ur use of English is very poor, go and learn how to read and write before coming online to dice tribe ok?

2 Likes

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Eteka1(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2020
ZUBY77:

So why take loan to favour 5 zones when 6 zones will eventually pay for it?
The notion that the infrastructural projects will not benefit the South East is not correct in my opinion. For Example having the Maiduguri to Port Harcourt railway will not only bring economic benefits to the South South and North East but will also bring benefits to the South East and the Nation at large.
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by mapet: 10:48am On Mar 17, 2020
NigeriaBam:
The Chinese should bear it in mind that once that loan is given to Nigeria, in the nearest future after Nigeria's breakup, the igbos won't repay a loan they didn't benefit from. Nobody does that.

Are you looking for TRUSTED and RELIABLE Data Seller. Check My Profile or Signature MTN and 9mobile Data Is AVAILABLE At Lowest Price.
We're Doing This Business With Honesty, Sincerity, Transparency And God's Fearing.

I don't know how some of you process things, you think it is by this kind of juvenile chest beating that international diplomacy and agreements work?
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Asuito7(m): 10:52am On Mar 17, 2020
SoNature:

South East

I am glad we are on the same page

cool cool cool
Well don my brother and neighbor. I am from South South

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Urchman200: 10:52am On Mar 17, 2020
FrLukas:
But what concerns them with Nigeria now?

Isn't Biafra different from Nigeria?

Ayam not understanding again.

It's just like Ghana petitioning China not to loan Nigeria money.
u are using their resources to finance the imaginary loan ok,when they said u guys should go to school before coming online to spew hate una go refuse.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Eteka1(m): 10:55am On Mar 17, 2020
Urchman200:
so how did they intend to repay fool ?is it from cow rearing?
don't be such a slowpoke, go and research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by ebuka4star: 10:59am On Mar 17, 2020
Patrioticman007:

Your mumu never do ?. Its pertinent to note, in any democratically elected government, the majority will have their way, while the minority will have their say, (you, the 5%).
Do you think the international community is like your ogogoro age group system, where there are no government ?. You must be a product exam malpractice to think that a letter from touts, will be recognised by any government.

from your comment, I can see that Your are myopic and not even Half-baked. In Federating Units, all the state cum stakeholders MUST be consulted before such matter of external loan is been considered so as to avoid the kind of stupidity Nigeria Government is showing to International lenders.

Nevertheless, Nigeria should conduct Census based on the state of Origin, just the way you are been asked to fill your state of origin if there is any vacancy in Federal Public or Civil Service. Trust me the Result will shock many people. for the Record Igbo's are the most travelled people in the world, just like the Jews.

Your type will always be myopic, sometimes, travel to other state or Country, its part of education. Don't base your logic on what you are been told, do research, travel and make your own conclusion. I recommend the Book THERE WAS A COUNTRY. Then You will understand why Igbo, are been watched by International Bodies, They had Democratic systems in place before the Greek even think of such. The Rise of Igbo are the Liberalization of Black Man, their egalitarian nature, and believe in saying "no one has a monopoly of knowledge or wisdom", makes them rise irrespective of the obstacles.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Pasprof27(m): 11:00am On Mar 17, 2020
What really svcks the most is that the fvcking north that consume almost third-quarter of the nation money rarely contribute 25% of the money....
MTCHEEEWWWW!!!!

#SAYSUMTIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Urchman200: 11:04am On Mar 17, 2020
Eteka1:
don't be such a slowpoke, go and research.
u could have done that without insult,pass ur message without calling people names, igbos on this forum insult their own when they feel they did wrong, most of u the halluluha boys of this government are good at insulting people tribes y?

1 Like

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by goaldynman(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2020
Because of the exclusion of the Igbos in this loan, nothing will make me like or be friend to any aboki Muslim again!

To show that some people have sold their soul to the devil, Yoruba moslem miscreant are even defending such crass wickedness!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by xxgig(m): 11:10am On Mar 17, 2020
Eteka1:
Mumu people. Who has ever asked States or Geopolitical Zones to pay a debt owed by Federal Government before?
look beyond today and you will understand their position
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Mozegee: 11:13am On Mar 17, 2020
I don't know why this man called bihari hate Igbo people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by ogbuefi677(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2020
SoNature:

Aturu
grin grin grin grin
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by Omenaalanka: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
But what concerns them with Nigeria now?

Isn't Biafra different from Nigeria?

Ayam not understanding again.

It's just like Ghana petitioning China not to loan Nigeria money.
[/s]
Re: $22.7bn Loan: Igbo Group Petitions China Exim Bank, Demands Facility Suspension by AluraJenson: 11:36am On Mar 17, 2020
Noerection:
Ibo thugs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Methodist Prelate, Samuel Uche, Regains Freedom / EFCC Takes Over NIA's Bank Accounts Over N13 Billion Ikoyi Cash Haul / What My Friend In The North Shehu Bello Just Sent Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.