Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? (54090 Views)

What Are The Hopes For People Who Graduate Above 27 Years Of Age? / What's The Hope For Ond Holders In Searching For A Job. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Muhylonaire(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Mhen it's not easy o... Dem never start to dey pressure you say when you wan marry join?
I'm fucking scared of that age bracket(30). Not there yet. I pray I'm OK, I mean very very OK before I turn that age...

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Loftcode(m): 9:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Hit the “streets” and hustle......
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by davidtemi(m): 9:08pm On Mar 17, 2020
dancok:
never worry with your exemption certificate u good to go, especially government jobs.
no be only govt job. Govt wey dey require 25yrs abi which one. Better go start Business b4 it's over late
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Skillsnigeria: 9:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
Kindly start your own business, Nigeria no get any future
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by samuelson06(m): 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

What job do you want to secure? Where's the job? Guy, think of what you can do, what capital you need to get started and how you can raise the money. Don't plan of becoming a slave for any organization. If at all you want to work for anyone, payment should be at least 100k. Nonetheless, you must still plan on how to be on your own and leave your employer within two years or less. The best you can do for yourself is becoming an entrepreneur.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by amamahdaniel(m): 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
bumi10:
kill urself

jack
Stupid man.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
Do you have your own laptop ?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Osiris16: 9:11pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dear Op, plenty hope. I graduated at 30 too. I decided to do NYSC anyway. 30 and above you can to choose to serve or not. I was retained by the organisation where I served. From then on I have risen steadily, I’m working in my third organisation now. At management level. I’m far above my secondary school mates who graduated way before me
In my class in uni then, I had other students far older than I was. One became the NBA chairman of his state recently.
So there is hope. Each of us in this life, our walk is different
The saying goes, whenever you wake up is your morning
Don’t let your age be a barrier. Don’t look at others timing. Some start early. Some start late
Colonel Sanders founded kfc when he was 65. While Zuckerberg became a billionaire at 23
Just run you own race

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by criuze(m): 9:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
This is touching

The worst for this country is graduating without any skill, I mean relevant skill.

Many of us saw hell

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Iykenuwa(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
Make yourself valuable, no one will reject you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by AscentSolutions: 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

Age has nothing to do with it. In fact on your resume, don't put that nonsense oldschool Date of birth. All that matters is what you can offer and don't hesitate to start small. Many people earn as low as 50k for a start. Just take it and keep moving ger certifications while you are at it. Good luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by jay2smart19(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
MrToothBrush:
The question should be, if you get a job at 30 what is your retirement age? Would you be happy with you culminative retirement pay?

What is your suggestion now. Problem overseer. Trouble compounder. Well done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Xcelentmac(m): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
SAED Skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development is the answer
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by davidtemi(m): 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
Stallion93:
My sister Graduated and had to wait 10 years before landing a job with peanut pay. The trauma of those years without a job still has it’s effects on her. Anything you find bro, your Ultimate plan should be to Ghost this country. At your age there’s no time again. Goodluck
i graduated exactly 10yrs ago and till now na grace grace up and down. Abeg naija will make u even offend ur God. 30yrs old person should not bother to search for job again abeg.
From experience

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by InvertedHammer: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

/
You are already limiting yourself.

Work on your mind first.

\

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
Bro u Bleep up....I have a friend who is 33 and is serving ...u for use football age enter university while at camp last year I saw older men age range 40-45 in khaki and white fowl camp wear
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Moz22: 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Realistically, your chances are very slim. But gracefully, the sky is the limit.
you make me laff
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by jay2smart19(m): 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
samuelson06:

What job do you want to secure? Where's the job? Guy, think of what you can do, what capital you need to get started and how you can raise the money. Don't plan of becoming a slave for any organization. If at all you want to work for anyone, payment should be at least 100k. Nonetheless, you must still plan on how to be on your own and leave your employer within two years or less. The best you can do for yourself is becoming an entrepreneur.

How do you raise money without working? You want to be a begger all your life? Effect of excessive listening to motivational speakers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Respect55(m): 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
No be by age bro. I finished at 27 up tll now no show. Na connect be the koko. Na business I dey do now.

U can get job at 40 with connect while another is unemployed even a 22

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 17, 2020
Aladegba:

Yes I have.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Emily22(m): 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
Both positive and negative responses....
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by mayormick(m): 9:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
Victory2222:
Falsification of age.
Simple..... smiley
Hmm.....age way people don falsify tire yet the age thing still caught up with them. May God help us

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by redsun(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
Education is of different levels. Reflect on what you spent the last four or five years doing and see whether it makes.sense. if it does, you will find solutions to your problems, and if it doesn't, it means you haven't truly learnt like most graduates in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Stallion93(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
davidtemi:
i graduated exactly 10yrs ago and till now na grace grace up and down. Abeg naija will make u even offend ur God. 30yrs old person should not bother to search for job again abeg.
From experience
I swear, naija will make u hate even why you was born in the first place. What I’ve noticed is that in this naija, things get worse with time, previous years were far better than the present time, that makes coming years easily predictable. There’s nothing to lose if you leave, if by mistake the country gets better, you can always come back. For now, Overseas is the daily prayer

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by IamgratefulLord(f): 9:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
Do a PGD in Education and get a TRCN certificate and start your own school. I am a living testimony!!! smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Dbiz1111(m): 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
Aladegba:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by samdigo90: 9:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
Lol in Nigeria it’s is zero
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DenreleDave(m): 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
Hisduchess:

I graduated at 22 and went for nysc immediately but couldn't even get anything tangible till after some time though I had to be managing very very small pay jobs then cos I just can't stay idle after tasting nysc allawee grin but my classmate that graduated at 33yrs got a federal job immediately after nysc and is living fine.age has nothing to do about getting job if you have grace on you.I'm glad that you have a positive mindset towards learning a craft aside your certificate,kudos on that but I'll urge that you start immediately cos time is everything and can't be recovered when wasted.start now biko that you are still young ooo don't be tempted to stay idle for some years waiting for our yeye government,if along the line job comes while you are learning your craft then you can try it but if it doesn't come you'll follow your passion(the handwork learnt).God's grace to you and your bro

Which year did u graduate?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by nextstep(m): 9:31pm On Mar 17, 2020
OP... to be frank, you have as much chance as anybody else... which is slim to none. Welcome to the unemployment line.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by franchasng: 9:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
Nigerians should worry more about coronavirus, not because it will spread in Nigeria, no, but because Nigeria is a country that depend on importation and sell of crude oil to foreign nations to survive. Now imagine as all the big nations and continents are shutting down; factories shutting down, sporting activities shut down, public gathering banned, hospitality industries dead, travel and tourism industries shutdown, tell me who will buy Nigeria's crude oil

Tell me if coronavirus persist for the next 3 months, how will Nigeria and Nigerians survive as crude oil sale drop, importation drop, no money coming into Nigeria from Nigerians in diaspora because most Nigerians abroad who are not in the medical field and IT related jobs are now jobless indoors, eating their savings and staring at the city from the windows of their bedrooms and wondering what the future holds for them.

There will be bad recession, famine and mass retrenchment In Nigeria soon, followed by devaluation of Naira to maybe $1 = 500 naira.

Nigerians should start calling all the gods and spirits they worship now oh to end this coronavirus in western countries if not, hmmm

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by CaptainFM1: 9:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
Everybody's case is different!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Else Got The GLO Aptitude Test Invite? / Another Jobseeker Confirms David Hundenyin’s Report / West African Examinations Council Job Recruitment (19 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.