Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,472 members, 7,781,370 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:20 PM

What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? (53867 Views)

What Are The Hopes For People Who Graduate Above 27 Years Of Age? / What's The Hope For Ond Holders In Searching For A Job. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by rexlims(m): 9:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
@op, a word of advice to u, we all can't be working in d formal sector, @30 u still have a lot to achieve depending on how u see life. U can learn a trade or skill that u have a passion for in 2-3 yrs time, my guy u may just see urself employing other graduates. Never use another man's timeline to determine urs. Just forget Ur own partway.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by ThatFairGuy: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
E be like sey u wan serve lifetime ban grin grin grin
enemyofprogress:
Please don't make lalasticlala who is still struggling to gain admission into college of education sad tonight

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Godwin5766(m): 9:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.
i had a friend, who was above 30 years last year, she went for service...buh she did falsification of age sha
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Ojizy1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Learn forex skills or go into CPA marketing !
I'm a fresh graduate but didn't go to serve but in 3 months I made 1.1million from CPA marketing alone!
There is hope !

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Laidebrain(m): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
Skills like? Considering is curse of study... #CuriousToo

sofiscatedmoron:

Go and learn skill,, add it to ur cv, no employer will rush u because u studied Business admin,,
Rather ur skill will speak for u which can make them to rush u,, or u can get a skill and run away from Nigeria
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Theoarhics: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
The hope is very slim if you waiting for white collar job.. but hopeful if you can start something of your own ,like a business.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Froshloaded: 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
I pray I leave this shit hole before then
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DenreleDave(m): 9:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
Godwin5766:
i had a friend, who was above 30 years last year, she went for service...buh she did falsification of age sha

Wait how do people do that false age sef what and what step do dey take

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Halo22: 9:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
I have came to notice that age doesn't Matter to the employers of labour any longer these days, but wealth of experience. For me, I no longer attend interviews again cos I really want to have an establishment.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Ezonman(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2020
Please how do l create thread on nairaland
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by abdullkabar(m): 9:44pm On Mar 17, 2020
Op, nobody has the right answer
Just believe and strive to have it
Hopefully, you will

Zero ur mind on marriage for now

Note: if you really wanted to serve, you will
There are ways to it, and you can save up through it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by JunctionBox: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ay04z:
go ur service first. While doing it. U can ghost it. And continue Your husle. Or learn one quality it skill. Na those better job go dey rush u

Mention one IT skill that is on high demand please
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by PrinceGallant: 9:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
You don't even have any belief in yourself, already lost hope before getting into the market. I can advise you go for business, even if it is to going and learn
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by shola07(f): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
keep limiting yourself, some people calling themselves graduates
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Godwin5766(m): 9:46pm On Mar 17, 2020
DenreleDave:

Wait how do people do that false age sef what and what step do dey take
all i knw is dat she spent 20k...she also went back to collect a new birth certificate..something like dat sha
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by bigpicture001: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
iammo:
most company don't care as long as you can deliver

Like from pit off hell
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by od501: 9:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

I have been reading comments here and all I can say is that Nigerian youths still have a alooooong way to go when it comes to career and social issues. So cos you are 30 years old authormatically there is no job for u?! Where is your sense of pragmatism? I even saw some guy saying something like "no time", no time for what exactly?! See... We should shun this life our society have designed for us! Go to school, graduate at a certain age, get married at a certain age, have ur children at a certain age, bla bla bla..... Have asked yourself your purpose in life? Or you are just here to get married, have endless sex and reproductive?

See, we are our source of depression in this country. If you continue thinking like this my bro I guarantee you will definitely be depressed before the year ends, and believe me u don't want to fall in that category.

As for the job thing, baba, don't waste much time looking for a job in this country, not cos your age or anything like it, but for the fact that there is none. Find a way to raise funds and engage in any lucrative trade, but still have your eye on the labor market just in case. Focus more on building your business and yourself as well, and never make the mistake of getting a wife cos u are running out of time... Never!

Lastly, enjoy everything bit of your life as it comes.

I'm talking from experience bro... I graduated and served at 29, though still single, but plan to have children at 36 (never a fan of marriage). I'm into the IT world and can work from anywhere, right now, I even go to the pool on a Monday morning! That's how I roll now, but It wasn't easy at first cos u have to build these things till it reaches an autopilot stage. Not a millionaire yet, but I have my future right on my palms, and I want you to do the same.

Never let either parents or relative to talk you down with that "there is no time dullshit". Look inwards and ask yourself what is that you really want, the kinda life u want to live, then work towards achieving it at all cost. Finally bro.... Entrepreneurship is bae I tell u, start small, but build from there. It won't be easy but trust me it worth it.

And please don't disturb my eyes with such pathetic story again! Always creating problems where there are none! Adieu!

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by AmDayo: 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
Am 26 still a jamb bite....I acquired a barbing skill,but no capital and the competition is too much here,to crown it all oppression everywhere for those who don't go to school....... freaking tired

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Xisnin(m): 9:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
Learn IT skills!
If you can't learn another skill that is not too common and become good at it.
Certificates are now a dime a dozen.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Laidebrain(m): 9:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
Thank you

Osiris16:
Dear Op, plenty hope. I graduated at 30 too. I decided to do NYSC anyway. 30 and above you can to choose to serve or not. I was retained by the organisation where I served. From then on I have risen steadily, I’m working in my third organisation now. At management level. I’m far above my secondary school mates who graduated way before me
In my class in uni then, I had other students far older than I was. One became the NBA chairman of his state recently.
So there is hope. Each of us in this life, our walk is different
The saying goes, whenever you wake up is your morning
Don’t let your age be a barrier. Don’t look at others timing. Some start early. Some start late
Colonel Sanders founded kfc when he was 65. While Zuckerberg became a billionaire at 23
Just run you own race

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
hothuntee:

If you have some money to invest in yourself, then go for ICAN and if you have more, add MBA and leave the graduate job category. Be ready to do any marketing job at least for a year to pass as work experience.

I am disappointed in nairalanders and their wicked advices. He is in his timeline and can be lifted without even doing any of the aforementioned

U mentioned ICAN just like that. For someone like him, he would ve to start from Foundation and with that he would use more than a yr to complete his' Ican- that is if he writes without references.
MBA and ICAN would require lots of fund.
The best bet for him is to learn a sellable skill such as IT, or if he had work experiences before leaving skool, he can use that to his advantage.
Every other thing, na govt job sure pass.

OP I wish u the very best and I pray an helper come ur way soon

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by AmDayo: 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2020
AmDayo:
Am 26 still a jamb bite....I acquired a barbing skill,but no capital and the competition is too much here,to crown it all oppression everywhere for those who don't go to school....... freaking tired
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DenreleDave(m): 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2020
AmDayo:

26, really??
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by pansophist(m): 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2020
Knox123:
If u don't have connection,

1. Go n learn IT skills...
2. If u have money, set up ur own business.

Simple but accurate. Op, take this advise.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Hardvance(m): 9:56pm On Mar 17, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Realistically, your chances are very slim. It's not your fault though. The Universities have limited spaces, jamb registers about a million each year, half of that barely makes it in.

If you are from a family that relies on minimum wage, or a struggling biz, you can't get into private universities.

So by the time to manage to cross that finish line you are in a new generation with a new trend. The new trend of graduate trainee and internship with a ceiling of 26 years for most.

Lest we talk about the poor remuneration if you are fortunate to even get a job.

No startup from the Government, NYSC doesn't add any value, no savings, no help. It can be frustrating.

At 30, you have already lived half of the life expectancy for a Nigerian.

It's a tough one Bro, failure of leadership is the reason for this. Nigeria has so much regressed.

Your solution: Grace. I know people will say those clichés "learn a skill" "start a biz" don't be deceived, I know people without skills doing fine, I also know people who work for others and earn very well.

While you need to put yourself out there, you need Grace more than anything.

Rightly put. God bless you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by iammolise(m): 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
Joel4u:
Apply to Tek-experts. You must be willing to reside in Lagos to work from their site. They do not care about how old you are. Just be smart, IT savvy, have the right attitude with good soft skills and you are on you way to enjoying a career in IT. They provide exceptional training for all staff.

Please how do one apply?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by temisegz(m): 9:57pm On Mar 17, 2020
You need to change your mindset that age is deterring your getting employed. You have to be positive minded that regardless of the situation now, it will end in testimony. I will highlight what you need to do:
1. Applying for jobs is a job in itself. Keep applying and don’t give up.
2. Don’t include your age on your CV
3. You need to broaden your skills (YouTube is there to help you). Organizations are after what you can offer with your skills and not your certificate.
4. While applying for jobs and sharpening your skills through the help of YouTube, look for an handwork that you have passion for, then learn the skills. You may find this interesting and may decide to become an entrepreneur as you will as well make money from here
5. Don’t leave God out of the equation. Pray and commit your ways to Him. He will definitely sort you out.
I wish you all the best and hope to hear your testimony soon

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
There is no hope for anybody in Nigeria even if you are 20 or 30 or even 70 as our Papa Dem dey cry on top non payment of pension.

The only hope in Nigeria is connection and corruption. That is why Nigeria will never turn good.

But if you are a hustler like me and place hope on top of your head by yourself to leave this country one day, then there is hope for you.

Summary of everything is this: believe in yourself my broda.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by chukzyfcbb: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
All i am reading is

Learn IT skills, learn IT skills.

Ask them now which IT skills you should learn, and you will hear Programming, lool.
Nothing concrete, No insight to anything, just learn programming.

Nairalanders weak me, hoha!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by OluwasureGig: 9:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
AmDayo:
bro unless it's abroad, don't bother going to school.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by davidtemi(m): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
Stallion93:
I swear, naija will make u hate even why you was born in the first place. What I’ve noticed is that in this naija, things get worse with time, previous years were far better than the present time, that makes coming years easily predictable. There’s nothing to lose if you leave, if by mistake the country gets better, you can always come back. For now, Overseas is the daily prayer
very true. Dis country is cursed by d blood of d innocents. Such a pity. My son must never stay long here

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Ay04z(m): 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
JunctionBox:

Mention one IT skill that is on high demand please
google is ur friend ooo. But u can neva go wrong with (coding) .. U fit join video animation to am sha. Dat one still dey very easy to learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK / Another Jobseeker Confirms David Hundenyin’s Report / West African Examinations Council Job Recruitment (19 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.