Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? (53863 Views)

What Are The Hopes For People Who Graduate Above 27 Years Of Age? / What's The Hope For Ond Holders In Searching For A Job. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Realistically, your chances are very slim. It's not your fault though. The Universities have limited spaces, jamb registers about a million each year, half of that barely makes it in.

If you are from a family that relies on minimum wage, or a struggling biz, you can't get into private universities.

So by the time to manage to cross that finish line you are in a new generation with a new trend. The new trend of graduate trainee and internship with a ceiling of 26 years for most.

Lest we talk about the poor remuneration if you are fortunate to even get a job.

No startup from the Government, NYSC doesn't add any value, no savings, no help. It can be frustrating.

At 30, you have already lived half of the life expectancy for a Nigerian.

It's a tough one Bro, failure of leadership is the reason for this. Nigeria has so much regressed.

Your solution: Grace. I know people will say those clichés "learn a skill" "start a biz" don't be deceived, I know people without skills doing fine, I also know people who work for others and earn very well.

While you need to put yourself out there, you need Grace more than anything.

Someone should give this nigga a medal Biko. Everything you said made sense bro. I need to screenshot this and send it to my G, cos he has been going from one church to another and has decided not to have sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by AreaFada2: 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
israelmao:
I can tell you there is hope for everyone still breathing.Let your main focus be on being your own boss rather than look for who to boss you around.
True. Dum Spiro spero.

OP can still get jobs. just look into areas in demand. Like IT skills. Do relevant industry certifications. 6 months to 1 year certification training could become more important than those years of undergrad studies.

Your maturity with business education can help you start your own business years down the line.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by mistercharles: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2020
Joel4u:
Apply to Tek-experts. You must be willing to reside in Lagos to work from their site. They do not care about how old you are. Just be smart, IT savvy, have the right attitude with good soft skills and you are on you way to enjoying a career in IT. They provide exceptional training for all staff.
is there a particular IT skill they require?? I also have a friend that feels same way as this guy
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by samuelson06(m): 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2020
jay2smart19:

How do you raise money without working? You want to be a begger all your life? Effect of excessive listening to motivational speakers

Lol � Don't you have family members? Besides, it's not every hustle that requires much capital is you take your eyes off offline hustle.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by sircrabo: 10:06pm On Mar 17, 2020
Go and learn a Viable Skill and forget about age. If you are good, no company will like to take their eyes off you. Most telecom, I.T companies don't emphasise much on age but experience. I.T is the future and there are not enough hands to fill up the space. Age won't matter if you have the right skill.

If possible, remove your D.O.B from ur C.V

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by banhammy: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Age of graduation doesn't matter.
> or < 30. What will be will be.
Be prayerful and always stay connected.
Be positive, it's possible

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by iWise(m): 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

If you're talented and do not mind living in one of the western countries, I'll recommend you find your way out of that shithole. Companies in the west do not give a rat's ass about your age. They just want you to produce. A masters degree in one the lucrative fields should set you on the path to financial independence. Unless of course you know how to navigate the minefield called business in naija.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by jaxxy(m): 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

The future is what u believe it is. Work hard/smart, seek opportunities and be diligent. Jobs usually have age requirements and certain grade level(urs isn’t bad)Bt if u have experience u can get exceptions.

If u reduce ur age how do u explain ur service exemption?

Also look inward for what u have a passion for and work on it also. The future is bright and beautiful.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by dividebyone(m): 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
Just continues reducing your age at anytime since Nigerian government are not sincere.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by mistercharles: 10:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
Xcelentmac:
SAED Skill acquisition and entrepreneurship development is the answer
what did you do in SAED? cheesy
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by dividebyone(m): 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2020
Just continues reducing your age at anytime since Nigerian government are not sincere.make sure you are not above 30 at anytime.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

Well, my best buddy graduated at 33, He got a job less than year after graduation. I on the other hand, graduated at 22....grin that was a while back woh....grin I still get jobs almost everyday....but man, I have to earn every single kobo!!!!
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by kapelvej: 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
as in 31 or55
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by mistercharles: 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ojizy1:
Learn forex skills or go into CPA marketing !
I'm a fresh graduate but didn't go to serve but in 3 months I made 1.1million from CPA marketing alone!
There is hope !
will you teach me CPA marketing??
Forex don chop my money finish
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by seedorfg(m): 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
You can start as an employee to garder capital for a business, people that are advising you to start a business, are you going to start with your teeth. Bro start from somewhere, though your case is a little bit different to mine but at least I've put my problems behind.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by AmDayo: 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
DenreleDave:

26, really??

Yes ma.
Have putting for these year jamb,am to write my papers this week,but the problem now is how am going to finance myself in school. No job No money... life is mad at me all am seeing everywhere is oppression.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by ufotty2001: 10:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
hothuntee:

If you have some money to invest in yourself, then go for ICAN and if you have more, add MBA and leave the graduate job category. Be ready to do any marketing job at least for a year to pass as work experience.

I am disappointed in nairalanders and their wicked advices. He is in his timeline and can be lifted without even doing any of the aforementioned
ICAN is an overrated institute in Nigeria! It is one of useless institute in Nigeria. The glory of ICAN has gone not like back in the days when u finish ICAN they are thousands of jobs waiting... Don't just waste ur time there. They are thousands of chartered Accountant who are looking for jobs the one that manage to see the job are earning below 70 to 99k after sleepless night and days

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:22pm On Mar 17, 2020
There is always job for those willing to improve themselves and actually do away with the "no job in Nigeria" mentality

Well, for your smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by ClinicalHope(f): 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

congratulations on your graduation. Whether you are above 30 or close to your 40's . You have 24hrs in a day to make every step you take, count in your life. Start with what you enjoy doing and how you can create wealth from it. Talk to someone, a mentor about your goals so you can be guided. Lastly believe in yourself.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DenreleDave(m): 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
AmDayo:

Yes ma.
Have putting for these year jamb,am to write my papers this week,but the problem now is how am going to finance myself in school. No job No money... life is mad at me all am seeing everywhere is oppression.

U r the cause of ur issue.. University by force

2012 uni didn't work, I did part time ND straight...

Hnd 2016 b4 direct entry worked.. Now ama BSc holder... Even though I didn't finish hnd

Start from sumtin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Churchill6767: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
Xcelentmac:

lol... SAED.

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Churchill6767: 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
Ojizy1:
Learn forex skills or go into CPA marketing !
I'm a fresh graduate but didn't go to serve but in 3 months I made 1.1million from CPA marketing alone!
There is hope !

Na so

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DaCharis2016: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
Topmaike007:
Just use football age that's all
with that bvn frowning at someone?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Bbbwings: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
VenusEAGLE:
I am just 29 and afraid
Just 29 kwa
Guy we don old
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by pixey(m): 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
od501:

I have been reading comments here and all I can say is that Nigerian youths still have a alooooong way to go when it comes to career and social issues. So cos you are 30 years old authormatically there is no job for u?! Where is your sense of pragmatism? I even saw some guy saying something like "no time", no time for what exactly?! See... We should shun this life our society have designed for us! Go to school, graduate at a certain age, get married at a certain age, have ur children at a certain age, bla bla bla..... Have asked yourself your purpose in life? Or you are just here to get married, have endless sex and reproductive?

See, we are our source of depression in this country. If you continue thinking like this my bro I guarantee you will definitely be depressed before the year ends, and believe me u don't want to fall in that category.

As for the job thing, baba, don't waste much time looking for a job in this country, not cos your age or anything like it, but for the fact that there is none. Find a way to raise funds and engage in any lucrative trade, but still have your eye on the labor market just in case. Focus more on building your business and yourself as well, and never make the mistake of getting a wife cos u are running out of time... Never!

Lastly, enjoy everything bit of your life as it comes.

I'm talking from experience bro... I graduated and served at 29, though still single, but plan to have children at 36 (never a fan of marriage). I'm into the IT world and can work from anywhere, right now, I even go to the pool on a Monday morning! That's how I roll now, but It wasn't easy at first cos u have to build these things till it reaches an autopilot stage. Not a millionaire yet, but I have my future right on my palms, and I want you to do the same.

Never let either parents or relative to talk you down with that "there is no time dullshit". Look inwards and ask yourself what is that you really want, the kinda life u want to live, then work towards achieving it at all cost. Finally bro.... Entrepreneurship is bae I tell u, start small, but build from there. It won't be easy but trust me it worth it.

And please don't disturb my eyes with such pathetic story again! Always creating problems where there are none! Adieu!

I bet you must be a dev.Can we chat? Here is my WhatsApp number 08027604223 .I need to talk to you.Thanks in advance.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by fairy88: 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
The hope of a graduate above 30 is "hopeless"

God will help us in these sane country, 30 years old is not too much to get a job na...
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by lasdas100(m): 10:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
Trizyd:
Keep looking for opportunities, always.

Work with this, it works...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by millionboi2: 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
Joel4u:
Apply to Tek-experts. You must be willing to reside in Lagos to work from their site. They do not care about how old you are. Just be smart, IT savvy, have the right attitude with good soft skills and you are on you way to enjoying a career in IT. They provide exceptional training for all staff.
more detail
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by MT: 10:48pm On Mar 17, 2020
You are the only person that can limit yourself. The world looks for problem solver. If you can distinguish yourself in your chosen trade, the world will open up to you. Who says you have to work in Nigeria; you can be in Nigeria and be working remotely abroad, enjoying the two worlds. It all depends on the value you place on yourself.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DaCharis2016: 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
Osiris16:
Dear Op, plenty hope. I graduated at 30 too. I decided to do NYSC anyway. 30 and above you can to choose to serve or not. I was retained by the organisation where I served. From then on I have risen steadily, I’m working in my third organisation now. At management level. I’m far above my secondary school mates who graduated way before me
In my class in uni then, I had other students far older than I was. One became the NBA chairman of his state recently.
So there is hope. Each of us in this life, our walk is different
The saying goes, whenever you wake up is your morning
Don’t let your age be a barrier. Don’t look at others timing. Some start early. Some start late
Colonel Sanders founded kfc when he was 65. While Zuckerberg became a billionaire at 23
Just run you own race
pls I'm running into mid 30 already and still with noun. Will round off next year. How can I go for the nysc sef?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DaCharis2016: 10:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
Xcelentmac:
what's SAED?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DaCharis2016: 10:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
Godwin5766:
i had a friend, who was above 30 years last year, she went for service...buh she did falsification of age sha
when did she do it, after graduation and screening period? How was it so possible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

1.5M Monthly In Nigeria Vs 4k Pounds Monthly In The UK / Another Jobseeker Confirms David Hundenyin’s Report / West African Examinations Council Job Recruitment (19 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.