Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? (54062 Views)

What Are The Hopes For People Who Graduate Above 27 Years Of Age? / What's The Hope For Ond Holders In Searching For A Job. / How To Get A Job In Australia From Nigeria As A Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by EUGENE4GOO(m): 1:19am On Mar 18, 2020
Ojizy1:
Learn forex skills or go into CPA marketing !
I'm a fresh graduate but didn't go to serve but in 3 months I made 1.1million from CPA marketing alone!
There is hope !
I want to learn CPA marketing. How do I start?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by holysaint1(m): 1:19am On Mar 18, 2020
hush15:

The first reasonable comment so far. Like you said, don't lose hope, keep investing in yourself and be open to opportunities. Even if you 40, there is no time God cannot do his wonders. If you can, do some professional trainings and keep believing cos there is hope.

Now "investing in ones self" can be from either the educational aspect or the business aspect.

Now he studied biz admin. And not one of those professional courses like doctor or law.

A graduate of Biz admin should, at least, be knowledgeable about some of the happenings in the business world.

Now, for me, investing in himself if he has the money should entail him opening a business he can manage and grow. As this is the safest and most assured way of financial freedom in this part of the world.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Gordson: 1:33am On Mar 18, 2020
People just dey yarn learn programming, learn programming

No be beans ooo

Real Programming not installing WP up n down for 1k 2k

If you can get it right, you'll reap the benefits

May God help us
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Imoksp(m): 2:07am On Mar 18, 2020
juwoonn:

Bros, Me that graduated at age 23, I'm 35 now... I still never get job. No be by age for naija.
But I thank God; now I earn averagely around N350,000 per month from fiverr alone.. and I still get side income from amazon kindle and some offline business.

Hi. Good Morning. Please, can you teach me how you earn on fiver?I am also a registered member but don't know how to up my game.
Thanks.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Dshocker(m): 3:40am On Mar 18, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

Don't waste your time looking for a job...Why not start up a business

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by yemiosinbajo: 3:59am On Mar 18, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Realistically, your chances are very slim. It's not your fault though. The Universities have limited spaces, jamb registers about a million each year, half of that barely makes it in.

If you are from a family that relies on minimum wage, or a struggling biz, you can't get into private universities.

So by the time to manage to cross that finish line you are in a new generation with a new trend. The new trend of graduate trainee and internship with a ceiling of 26 years for most.

Lest we talk about the poor remuneration if you are fortunate to even get a job.

No startup from the Government, NYSC doesn't add any value, no savings, no help. It can be frustrating.

At 30, you have already lived half of the life expectancy for a Nigerian.

It's a tough one Bro, failure of leadership is the reason for this. Nigeria has so much regressed.

Your solution: Grace. I know people will say those clichés "learn a skill" "start a biz" don't be deceived, I know people without skills doing fine, I also know people who work for others and earn very well.

While you need to put yourself out there, you need Grace more than anything.

What is Grace and how can it be acquired?
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by KIDfurniture(m): 4:18am On Mar 18, 2020
My brother join the crypto business asap. Some of us never work b4 for our life.. we don do laundry man, do dog business , sell bread , now seeing bitcoin oh. No dull myself. Please forget about pussy for now.

chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

I am new here, in fact this is going to be my first post on nairaland. Forgive me if I break any rule, I will keep it very simple.

I'm a fresh graduate, just graduated last year, was not able to go for NYSC due to my age. Simply want to ask, what are the chances of securing a job considering I am above 30.

Before I forget, I studied Business Administration (KASU) with a second class upper. Thanks everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Ewedegubbler: 4:35am On Mar 18, 2020
become a land agent and join politics as otimpku.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 4:45am On Mar 18, 2020
Learn How to Trade Forex as a business
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Realtizzy(m): 5:22am On Mar 18, 2020
Knox123:
If u don't have connection,

1. Go n learn IT skills...
2. If u have money, set up ur own business.

What IT skill do you suggest one should learn please
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by mcwize(m): 5:37am On Mar 18, 2020
Pls does it mean if you are above 30
You are not eligible for NYSC
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by MoIbrahim: 5:52am On Mar 18, 2020
Depends on whether you want to start something and employ people, or you want someone who has started something to employ you.

chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Futurecrown(m): 5:52am On Mar 18, 2020
Ojizy1:
Learn forex skills or go into CPA marketing !
I'm a fresh graduate but didn't go to serve but in 3 months I made 1.1million from CPA marketing alone!
There is hope !
How do I go about this CPA marketing of a thing. I am very much interested in it... Here is my digit 08069152961
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by arena07: 6:02am On Mar 18, 2020
od501:

I have been reading comments here and all I can say is that Nigerian youths still have a alooooong way to go when it comes to career and social issues. So cos you are 30 years old authormatically there is no job for u?! Where is your sense of pragmatism? I even saw some guy saying something like "no time", no time for what exactly?! See... We should shun this life our society have designed for us! Go to school, graduate at a certain age, get married at a certain age, have ur children at a certain age, bla bla bla..... Have asked yourself your purpose in life? Or you are just here to get married, have endless sex and reproductive?

See, we are our source of depression in this country. If you continue thinking like this my bro I guarantee you will definitely be depressed before the year ends, and believe me u don't want to fall in that category.

As for the job thing, baba, don't waste much time looking for a job in this country, not cos your age or anything like it, but for the fact that there is none. Find a way to raise funds and engage in any lucrative trade, but still have your eye on the labor market just in case. Focus more on building your business and yourself as well, and never make the mistake of getting a wife cos u are running out of time... Never!

Lastly, enjoy everything bit of your life as it comes.

I'm talking from experience bro... I graduated and served at 29, though still single, but plan to have children at 36 (never a fan of marriage). I'm into the IT world and can work from anywhere, right now, I even go to the pool on a Monday morning! That's how I roll now, but It wasn't easy at first cos u have to build these things till it reaches an autopilot stage. Not a millionaire yet, but I have my future right on my palms, and I want you to do the same.

Never let either parents or relative to talk you down with that "there is no time dullshit". Look inwards and ask yourself what is that you really want, the kinda life u want to live, then work towards achieving it at all cost. Finally bro.... Entrepreneurship is bae I tell u, start small, but build from there. It won't be easy but trust me it worth it.

And please don't disturb my eyes with such pathetic story again! Always creating problems where there are none! Adieu!

best comment so far

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Darkgini: 6:05am On Mar 18, 2020
The things you get just by asking the right questions �

Joel4u:
Apply to Tek-experts. You must be willing to reside in Lagos to work from their site. They do not care about how old you are. Just be smart, IT savvy, have the right attitude with good soft skills and you are on you way to enjoying a career in IT. They provide exceptional training for all staff.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by ArticleBeast: 6:06am On Mar 18, 2020
dogtails:
Bro how much do they pay??
Your own na pay. Why u no even first google am for a start
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 18, 2020
MrToothBrush:
The question should be, if you get a job at 30 what is your retirement age? Would you be happy with you culminative retirement pay?

Got a job at 30. My retirement PFA funds is at 2.5M today. Don’t ask about my salary. It’s not small. I’m 35 now. So what’s the big deal?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by DNSPro: 6:29am On Mar 18, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

Learn tech related business and you will be fine. The truth about surviving in the world today is all about skills. If you get skills, u won't have a problem

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Whitepear: 6:30am On Mar 18, 2020
Knox123:
If u don't have connection,

1. Go n learn IT skills...
2. If u have money, set up ur own business.

This is a big lie sha.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by od501: 6:52am On Mar 18, 2020
pixey:
I bet you must be a dev.Can we chat? Here is my WhatsApp number 08027604223 .I need to talk to you.Thanks in advance.

No man, I am just a freelance writer, a video game blogger (promoter), and about to venture into sales of fashion wears (no thanks to coronavirus). Like I said, not a millionaire yet, but living the life.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Ojizy1(m): 6:56am On Mar 18, 2020
Futurecrown:
How do I go about this CPA marketing of a thing. I am very much interested in it... Here is my digit 08069152961
Call me 08119312091
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Donpuffy(m): 6:58am On Mar 18, 2020
Come and Join Forever Living Products International and become the boss.

You don't just need to stress yourself over any job searching.

You will just be thankful to God everyday for seeing this post today.
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 18, 2020
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by golddare: 7:13am On Mar 18, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

Hustle like you no go school, think like you go pass school and be close to God like your life depends on Him.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by dexiouz(m): 7:20am On Mar 18, 2020
I'll advise you get a 21st century skill such as web development or mobile development. You can also learn AI, machine learning and data science. It doesn't matter which course you studied to get up and running with these skills.
I learnt web and mobile development at LearnFactory Nigeria, LearnFactory.com.ng @learnfactoryng and today I build apps and currently employed.
Currently LearnFactory Nigeria is having an ML, data science master class which will be starting soon in Owerri @75k.

Please jump in here https://forms.gle/pti9VwTJmvpR9uto9 and register.

You can reach out to me for more information. 08161837080(WhatsApp and call) for more information.

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by BreconHills(m): 7:26am On Mar 18, 2020
CsRockefeller:
Realistically, your chances are very slim. It's not your fault though. The Universities have limited spaces, jamb registers about a million each year, half of that barely makes it in.

If you are from a family that relies on minimum wage, or a struggling biz, you can't get into private universities.

So by the time to manage to cross that finish line you are in a new generation with a new trend. The new trend of graduate trainee and internship with a ceiling of 26 years for most.

Lest we talk about the poor remuneration if you are fortunate to even get a job.

No startup from the Government, NYSC doesn't add any value, no savings, no help. It can be frustrating.

At 30, you have already lived half of the life expectancy for a Nigerian.

It's a tough one Bro, failure of leadership is the reason for this. Nigeria has so much regressed.

Your solution: Grace. I know people will say those clichés "learn a skill" "start a biz" don't be deceived, I know people without skills doing fine, I also know people who work for others and earn very well.

While you need to put yourself out there, you need Grace more than anything.

I do not agree. This is very passive that bases success on randomness. The first thing most Nigerian graduates should acknowledge is that their education is substandard and in subjects that have low correlation with the global economy. Any steps taken to redress this are positive. Your chance are much better than an unemployed 55 year old - of which there are many. Make time your friend. If one cant pay fees volunteer, clean floors but get unpskilled. Check the list of personnel sought in visa programs and you will get an idea where the global economy is. Expand your vision. Lagos and Nigeria are not the world.

Blood sweat and then smiles
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Mustack: 7:27am On Mar 18, 2020
chrismexzie:
Hi everyone.

In adekunle voice, make I go hustle oh
Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Nobody: 7:28am On Mar 18, 2020
who care with your age......... if your grace strong then u good to go....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by juwoonn(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Imoksp:

Hi. Good Morning. Please, can you teach me how you earn on fiver?I am also a registered member but don't know how to up my game.
Thanks.
Good morning bro,
Learn any IT related skill such as web design, app development, animation, digital marketing or sales copywriting.
That's where the gold is. Then set up your gigs, buy a few reviews and stay online to reply clients as quick as possible.
You can search through the business section of nairaland...there are helpful topics there. That was where I started from... Although fiverr has become more competitive and a little more difficult for beginners than before.

Cc;
clovislouis
Roman7

DaCharis2016; If you have the 300k its good...but I won't spend 300k to learn digital marketing in Nigeria though. I'd rather learn on udemy, lynda, YouTube. But if the institution is really good...you can give it a try.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Bross this is life where what you can to survive is not limited. You can be whatever you want at any age you want, no body I said nobody among humans can stop you from be who you want to be except you don't want to be what you want to be Except Allah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nairalanders, What Do You Know About UAAG Grant Disbursement? / Another Jobseeker Confirms David Hundenyin’s Report / West African Examinations Council Job Recruitment (19 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.