Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account (49421 Views)

Exploitative Outrageous Duty Charges By Nigerian Customs / Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / 50 Naira Stamp Duty For Transactions Above 1000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by mystery22: 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
Nigeria is broke,I wish south east and south south can leave nigeria, Yorubas will die of frustration from the north, without us Nigeria will die a slow death...dumb cows/skul miners

1 Like

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by backnbeta(f): 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
We've been paying stamp duty on savings account codedly for sometime now undecided
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
They want to know just how much feaces they can force into the mouth of Nigerians.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by silkiss: 3:47pm On Mar 17, 2020
No be today them start na... Soon we will go back to kolo days so everyone can have peace
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by donkinlos(m): 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2020
Contact Us @ AKINS MAN TECH ENGINEERING CO. SALE & SERVICE ....We Specialize On Diesel and Gas Generators, Such As Perkins, Caterpillar, Cummiss, Rolls Royce, Duetz, Lister Peters, etc.....Tell: +2348060521663, +2349053585574 Whatapp :+2348060521663 or Email :akinsmanengi@gmail.com..... We Service Home and Abroad

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Yodexy: 4:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
Adeling:

UBA is the worst. They charge you for just checking your account balance. They won't send you alert to notify you until you check your account balance and then..boom, they charge you.
I really don't know if am the only one experiencing this.

So the situation is still the same. Lol

Because of this, I abandoned the litte change left in my UBA account about 4 years. Thieves
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by chozzy: 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
Useless leaders
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by DexterousOne(m): 4:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
THMT:
Kleptocracy in place of Democracy but Nigerians are busy looking for a black goat at night.
I was shocked reading tribal comments about the issues faced in Koronu Ibadan. There are many koronus in all States and the worse is most educated youth's are becoming hopeless due to a failed system.
Dont mind Nigerians

Many are sick in the head

1 Like

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by princejones(m): 4:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
Very insensitive government with bad tax policy,l was surprise when l made deposit today and deduction was done on my total balance on GTB.Nigeria has a long way to go
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by DexterousOne(m): 4:05pm On Mar 17, 2020
MansoryMX:

Idiots like you brought this country to its present state. Abeg shut up your dirty mouth if you have nothing sensible to say.

The guy is not serious
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by ADEMOSU(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
Not true. If the memo is referring to finance act . There is no such provision . It only review charges from 10k as against 1k on current account
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Goovo(m): 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
Jimalicoco:
Nawaooooo.on savings account. Hmmmmmm everything abt this govt weak me
wema bank has be charging me since January on my savings account

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Ghostmode2two(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
Jimalicoco:
Nawaooooo.on savings account. Hmmmmmm everything abt this govt weak me

Hahahaha Nor be una vote for am? Enjoy your Sai Baba and APC
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Nah so they will be voting illiterate leaders.

Lazy Youths..

At least I can convert N1 into N3.

But one illiterate said he can convert N1 into $1.

Now, $1 don enter N420.

Olodo people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by mitchyy(f): 4:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
They won't kill us in this country sha
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Dollabiz: 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2020
it is well
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
coolcharm:
Lol... Nigeria is fukkin broke.

Let the government just come out and admit that there's no money to fund the 2020 budget.

We will understand.

But just like a president that hasn't held a presidential media chat in 6 years.., they don't think we need an explanation.

We only wake up to hear and see things.

The spirited "president" faithfuls thinks otherwise..
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by CharlesJok3r: 5:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
This is nonsense... Why must I pay extra ₦50 for money being credited to my account?... I don't even run a business.

1 Like

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 17, 2020
The same stamp duty that made me close my current account. Ok!
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by klbakare(m): 5:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
OriginalZombiE:

Doesn't it irk you that you keep repeating the same mantra that your parents and grandparent were chanting hoping that the country would get better?

It's better to be optimistic than being pessimistic or hopeless.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by maasoap(m): 6:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
Built2last:
We have been told that We have made trillions from stamp duty alone.

Now you have extended it to savings account. where is all these money going to

I have been paying stamp duty on my saving accounts since the commencement of stamp duty last month
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by maasoap(m): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
Goovo:
wema bank has be charging me since January February on my savings account

All banks had been charging it on saving accounts since February. The reason why many didn't know is that they receive up to 10k in their accounts
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by pberry: 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
If only our leaders will be willing to pray, cut down there take home pack.... the poor will continue to double pay the rich.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by sosodevf(m): 6:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
klbakare:
9ja go better one day sha

Welder available for onsite fabrication
Gates, burglaries, trusses, rafters, carports, tank stands, etc.

Flexible payment options available.
Milestone payment/payment on delivery.

Not in the center table manna though
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by ramalex(m): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
klbakare:
9ja go better one day sha

Welder available for onsite fabrication
Gates, burglaries, trusses, rafters, carports, tank stands, etc.

Flexible payment options available.
Milestone payment/payment on delivery.

E no fit better again...! Maybe 20th to 50th generations coming.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by bizhop01: 7:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Next level madness debit upto 250 naira in my account under 7days in the name of stamp duty charges,
Imagine how many billions next level evil people are making from Nigerian weekly.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by udemzyudex(m): 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
GTB have been charging me stamp duty charge.

I was charged #150 yesterday.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Lastanza: 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
We want do everything up north we want do everything up north. Just look at them.
Rancour and acrimony with despotic tribalism will not allow them to call on capable hands down south to come and rescue the economy.

Okonjo Iweala is all over the world oozing excellence but the daft presidiot will not see.
Even ur arch rival (South Africa) swallowed their pride but here, the pride should rather kill them.

Nansense balderdash
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Bennycollins: 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2020
This government is not just wicked and heartless, but grossly senseless, incompetent, stupid and very much peopled by dead brains. This is clearly extortion of the masses.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Onitola2: 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
todaynewsreview:
The Federal Government has extended the Stamp Duty charges to Savings Account.

In a memo by most of the Banks, the extension commenced February 1, 2020 for cash deposit or transfer above 10,000. Screenshot of one of the memo is attached below.
this will be effective sharp sharp, if na to reduce price of something now, it'll take a lot of deliberation and arguments. Nepa still dey charge people without meter way above 10k.

1 Like

Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Ayasayas(m): 10:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
What is the essence of saving the money, bad government.
Re: Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account by Ayasayas(m): 10:17pm On Mar 17, 2020
I experience it in my saving account, (Union Bank), Account number 0029159465, Account name: Simon Ayaokpo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cost Of Setting Up A Block Industry / Man Struggles With ATM Machine After His Money Got Stuck In Edo State. Photos / Aliko Dangote Vows To Takeover Arsenal In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.