Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,356 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 AM

Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling (24273 Views)

Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by sexylassie2(f): 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
renzhen:
Talking shit. A friend just called me with the information that one of his co-workers (an Indian) who entered the country on the 12th started showing symptoms yesterday evening and has been isolated immediately it got serious, and no one knows about this on this space.

The Indian has been active at work since the last four days, it's just simple. If a solution isn't found soon, we are doomed!

This is just one out of hundreds others who've been entering the country. We've not even talked about people he's been in contact with.

Nigerian Government is something but nothing near good.

How are you sure that your friend isn't infected and people working there aren't infected already.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by voltron14: 7:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
renzhen:
Talking shit. A friend just called me with the information that one of his co-workers (an Indian) who entered the country on the 12th started showing symptoms yesterday evening and has been isolated immediately it got serious, and no one knows about this on this space.

The Indian has been active at work since the last four days, it's just simple. If a solution isn't found soon, we are doomed!

This is just one out of hundreds others who've been entering the country. We've not even talked about people he's been in contact with.

Nigerian Government is something but nothing near good.

And you believe your friend right?
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by sexylassie2(f): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
Vortex369:
Fear Not.

Flu can not really dance under intense tropical heat of sub-saharan Africa.

Nigeria is at a great place on the map.

Stop spreading fake news

This is more than a flu.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Godwin2am(m): 7:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
n Indian man was confirmed with covid-19 today at dangote refinery, I've called the relevant authorities.... They said that they are aware of it. The Indian work in onshore fze at the refinery. Stay at block 22 in 2k
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by 02Kebreal(m): 7:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
Discourage fire una there.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by MzTunechi(f): 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
Close the borders already
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Enculer2: 7:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
Mosthandsomeboy:
Our Igbo brothers need to go and develop America,allow them go

Yoruba demon himself. How is jealousy this lovely evening?
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
playapayaski:

Of course, and there are deaths in Egypt, morocco and Algeria already.. Oh I forgot, they are white Africans.. Smh

I see, someone here does not know the meaning of Sub-saharan...lol

Shake your head in shame of ignorance the more. SMH grin

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Warmaterial(m): 7:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
Useless government!!!
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Nobody: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
NextD18:
If the chance and opportunity shows itself to average Nigerians, 99.699% will travel to the affected countries in America and Europe without thinking twice just to leave this country.

Corona indeed! When an average Nigerian is suffering and over-thinking more than a Covid-19 victim.

[img]https://i./3NpLR.gif[/img]
Count me out. I'm supposed to be in Seoul and frankfurt this month but I cancelled the trips. Our partners also asked us to stay until the situation improves.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by friday2011(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2020
lalasticlala:
Following the 3rd case of coronavirus in Nigeria, the Federal Ministry of Health has provided more guidance for Nigerians. The ministry emphasized that people should not travel to affected countries unless it's very essential.

(1) We strongly discourage any travel to all affected countries except for essential trips

(2) We encourage everyone returning to Nigeria from any country to self-isolate for 14-days

(3) All those returning from countries where there is ongoing high community transmission (over 1,000 cases cumulatively), should self-isolate and will be actively followed up for 14 days by theNigeria Centre for Disease Control and Port Health Services

(4) Please continue to maintain hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.

http://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/resource/press_release/press_release_17_03_2020.pdf

But encourages foreigners to keep coming...

I have tayad for dis con3
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by renzhen: 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
No I didn't, but I believe all that's been posted here from people I know absolutely nothing about.

voltron14:

And you believe your friend right?
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by ehemwhy(m): 7:42pm On Mar 17, 2020
Close the borders o!!!
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by renzhen: 7:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
I'm not sure of anything right now. Plus he's a thousand km away from where I am.

sexylassie2:

How are you sure that your friend isn't infected and people working there aren't infected already.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by lexy2014: 7:52pm On Mar 17, 2020
implementing:
They won't close borders they are busy yabbing shit, don't worry this virus affects both rich and poor, they should continue cos it's them that'll regret it most

They will be zealous to close d borders when it is rice but will loose d will to act to protect d lives of Nigerians even in d face of death
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2020
To people shouting close the borders on every thread on NL.

Over 95 percent of people flying into Nigeria these days are Nigerian passport holders. How do you shut Nigerian citizens out of NigeriA??

No country shuts its own citizens out
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Sergioaguero: 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2020
BUY DIGITAL PH METER & TEMPERATURE METER, BOTH OR SINGLE

pH stands for the “power of hydrogen”

Extremely high or low pH values cause damage to fish tissues, especially the gills, and haemorrhages may occur in the gills and on the lower part of the body.

Water pH also has a significant influence on the toxic action of a number of other substances (e.g. ammonia, hydrogen sulphide, cyanides, and heavy metals) on fish.

Very high (greater than 7.5) or very low (less than 6.5) pH values are unsuitable for most aquatic organisms. Young fish and immature stages of aquatic insects are extremely sensitive to pH levels below 6.5 and always die at these low pH values.

High pH levels (7.6 - 14) can harm fish by denaturing cellular membranes. Changes in pH can also affect aquatic life indirectly by altering other aspects of water chemistry.

Low pH levels accelerate the release of metals from rocks or sediments in the stream. These metals can affect a fish's metabolism and the fish's ability to take water in.

At high pH (>7.5) most ammonium in water is converted to toxic ammonia (NH3) which can kill fish. 

Fish fries, fingerlings, juveniles and others cannot survive in waters below pH 6.5 and above pH 7.5 for long periods.

The optimum pH for fish is between 6.5 and 7.5. Fish will grow poorly and reproduction will be affected at consistently higher or lower pH levels...

CALL/WHATSAPP 0.8.1.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4.

Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by babasadiq79(m): 7:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
Vortex369:
Fear Not.

Flu can not really dance under intense tropical heat of sub-saharan Africa.

Nigeria is at a great place on the map.

Oh please, the UAE is hotter than Nigeria yet the corona virus is dancing there.
Senegal already have 19 infected people
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by onyxo76(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
travel go where ? when everywhere is on lockdown, even if you make it abroad, no be to observe house arrest for that side?
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by DavidEsq(m): 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
So we are still on the isolate self thing? This government na big goat o!
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 17, 2020
babasadiq79:

Oh please, the UAE is hotter than Nigeria yet the corona virus is dancing there.
Senegal already have 19 infected people

UAE is a tourist heaven, so all cases are linked to inbound human traffic. And I think you should look up the meaning of Sub-sarahan.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by glo12(f): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
kponkedenge:
Italy - country under lock down.
US - country under lock down.
UK - country under lock down.
Canada - country under lock down.
Senegal - country under lock down.
Spain - country under lock down.
France - country under lock down.
Australia - country under lock down.
Netherlands - country under lock down.
India - country under lock down.
Chad - country under lock down.

Etc etc etc.....

But our dear Nigerian government wants the thing to spread and start killing us before they decide to do the right thing.
If this was a policy to affect and make the masses lives miserable, they would have been very fast to enact it, but anything that involves saving citizens and protecting them, it becomes hard for them to do.

Thank God we are all involved in this. If it spread. We all suffer it together. Coronavirus does not know if you are rich or poor
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by babasadiq79(m): 8:20pm On Mar 17, 2020
Vortex369:

UAE is a tourist heaven, so all cases are linked to inbound human traffic. And I think you should look up the meaning of Sub-sarahan.
Human traffic is simply what brought it to the UAE, as of yesterday the cases rised to 98 in the UAE, senegal is also part sub saharan Africa . We are simple lucky so far in Nigeria
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by nadia808: 8:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
[url]ibeere.com[/url]
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Manuel91(m): 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Just so sad...

You advise people against traveling, yet FG opens our Border down like pot of ogbono... See how daft it sounds na... Self isolate for 14days if you are coming from affected countries.

What happens to the contacts made within the 14day period? Or they think everyone coming in stays alone or wouldn't interact.

There are cases tests comes negative, no symptoms, nothing ( case of Idris Elba for instance).

Close this border and contain those that are in already.

Shey you guys can see the president hasn't gone for any medical anything of late.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by SHEGZYDONIAA: 8:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
The truth.

Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Teenaira: 8:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
implementing:
They won't close borders they are busy yabbing shit, don't worry this virus affects both rich and poor, they should continue cos it's them that'll regret it most

Wetin concern poor man with travel outside the country. Na Dem Dem Joo.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Farki: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
If you want to discourage people from travelling just close the borders and ground all flights/quarantine individuals in the airport from affected areas. If we can do it to fight 'Rice smuggling' then we should be able to do it for deadly diseases. I am waiting for the stupid 'patriots' here to tell me how Nigeria is doing better than other countries.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Discourages Nigerians From Traveling by Farki: 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
kponkedenge:
Italy - country under lock down.
US - country under lock down.
UK - country under lock down.
Canada - country under lock down.
Senegal - country under lock down.
Spain - country under lock down.
France - country under lock down.
Australia - country under lock down.
Netherlands - country under lock down.
India - country under lock down.
Chad - country under lock down.

Etc etc etc.....

But our dear Nigerian government wants the thing to spread and start killing us before they decide to do the right thing.
If this was a policy to affect and make the masses lives miserable, they would have been very fast to enact it, but anything that involves saving citizens and protecting them, it becomes hard for them to do.

Don't worry NGpatriot and other APC stooges will come and tell us how the Nigerian government is handling the disease 1000% than other countries because they contained one Italian man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Best Way To Stop Snoring? / Baby Born In Yobe State With Congenital Defect - Gastroschisis (pics) / Kanisha Anthony Dedicates Her Book To A Police Officer Who Saved Her From Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.