Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,848 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents (106778 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Woman Excited As She Marries Her Jamb Lesson Teacher / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by hotdealz(m): 9:22am On Mar 18, 2020
The richest man on earth is not the most educated man on earth. Think about it.

You are not a failure if you did not go to university. Yes! You can still make it and even make it really big in life.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by millionboi2: 9:23am On Mar 18, 2020
Goddys:
Why commit suicide because of JAMB. Some of us that have passed through the process to the extent of obtaining double degrees and vice versa are still trying to find our feet on the ground.

Who is advising our teen that tertiary education is the only way out? I would advise any focused youth to embrace vocational training and learn IT skills.

University education is overhyped here
Godbless u
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by HMarshal(m): 9:23am On Mar 18, 2020
Flier:
It has anything to do with pressure some people are naturally weak

And wat are your orders "cyborg"...suld me line all the weak minded & kiiiillll em all so "you" the strong minded can av it all
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by millionboi2: 9:25am On Mar 18, 2020
seniormallam:
I told our last born not to carry jamb or anything to heart, reality differs from your wish.........I told him, if you fail jamb you can go for IJMB or we look for one cheap private university or as a northern breed, we enter one university for north anyhow anyhow admission must show.......he scored below 200 I runs the admission, he's now in final year.........Nigeria cannot be corrupt and me I will be doing good citizen, I will follow everything corruptically too.
Corruptically corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by oyinda1599(f): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2020
Some people are just very weak, I wrote jamb five times.

3 Likes

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by ummarkhbiz(f): 9:25am On Mar 18, 2020
This is saddening tho but the torture you'd be receiving now is more than the guilt of failure.

I just wish this hadn't happened and I pray Allah forgives you...

Teens out there should be watched out for and shown love... peer group is really intimidating and let them realize without failure, their is no success, we can always do better
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Olisehinnocent: 9:25am On Mar 18, 2020
Me wey wrote jamb four times before I gained an admission nko She just wasted her life!!!
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Lawdis(m): 9:26am On Mar 18, 2020
...this one na rugged hijaban grin

RIP to the dead though
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Roman7(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2020
Topxcel:
We need to watch our teens more closely now.

There is more to this than just her failure.......people need to look after pple.....if u see someone u know who is always full of life and suddenly the person starts to withdraw from people don't hesitate to ask.....pple go through shit u won't know until u talk to them.....please this is disheartening......Depression is so f**kin real, let's be our brother's keeper.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by newdawn77(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2020
Poor child.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by taiwotimitt: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2020
This is absolutely rubbish. Because you fail UTME, you kill yourself. People that passed it, has all of them gained admission? Killing yourself because you fail any exam doesn't worth it.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by AlphaStorm: 9:32am On Mar 18, 2020
This is saddening......!!!!!

If u didnt do well in the last JAMB exams, u can still gain admission into the UNI.
Just check my Signature........
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2020
Nigeria is the only country in the world, where students will fail exams and thus commits suicide. this country is demonized entirely. SMH.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Realfrankie(m): 9:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Ordinary jamb you kill yourself, wey some people get 16 carryovers for just yr1andyr2 and them still the feel good. Nawa for some people ooo
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Lovelyn451(f): 9:42am On Mar 18, 2020
Now that getting to school is no longer as hard as it used to be during our time naim she dey kill herself...tchew

My baby bro should just write and come back, I don't even care abt his score, my own is he must enter school this year!!!
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Zephy: 9:43am On Mar 18, 2020
May be I should tell those who are still thinking about suicide after failing JAMB my brief journey with this exam body.

I wrote JAMB 5 times, in all, it JAMBEd me those five times! I needed a university education badly so I had to play along with this same JAMB for five striving years.

I got my BSc. But I didn't gain admission through JAMB as per writing the exams.

In my third JAMB attempt, I enrolled in "A level" program called IJMB. Did this program for two years and got my required pass, got admitted direct to year two(direct entry).

I accomplished my dreams of higher education. But it wasn't through JAMB.

Please and please, there are alternatives to JAMB hence alternative to SUICIDE!!

Don't put all your eggs in one basket all the time.

Zanaib is gone...
U are alive: don't waste when u are actually a precious stone.

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Ishilove: 9:45am On Mar 18, 2020
pocohantas:

angry
Yelz, darling?

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Hoodbilonia: 9:53am On Mar 18, 2020
Well i took jamb twice.
Back then in 07.
Failed like buhari. Come and see my getting nervous on my dads laptop.
That fear when u hear jamb result is out.
My nervousness prompted him to stand up to check the screen and behold i failed like mad
Come ss3 na one hand afteer i mastered the art
Well kids of this days go to jamb coaching class and be doing fashion,big boy,big gal. Distractions here and there
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 18, 2020
She looks like she could have done well in football
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 18, 2020
Pass jamb, graduate join the labour market and be unemployed regardless, and yet someone choice to off themselves over that ................ hmmm no comment
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by 040drogba: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2020
That is very good to,her
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Emily22(m): 10:06am On Mar 18, 2020
Malawian:
me wey write jamb four times nko? Site so.e of my classmates don even graduate before I matric.

U b my junior. I wrote jamb 4 times even when dem still dey do PCE for Polytechnic

WAEC 6 times....

Today I don grad...no job.....we move on
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Cleanworld(f): 10:07am On Mar 18, 2020
hotdealz:
The richest man on earth is not the most educated man on earth. Think about it.

You are not a failure if you did not go to university. Yes! You can still make it and even make it really big in life.

please help me ask her if Dangote sat for JAMB?

When will Nigerians understand that education doesn't equal success...its meant to enrich your knowledge in your various disciplines therefore its a direction path ( lead way) and not the end result.

shalom
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by fa4oteejay: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2020
DELIVISH MESSAGER
WHAT IF THERE WAS AN ERROR ON THE RESULT SENT EARLIER
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by enemyofprogress: 10:08am On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Mumu not only boat.. It is ship of them
remember this day and this moment because it will always come back to hunt you
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Lastmankc(m): 10:09am On Mar 18, 2020
GOFRONT:
Where is ??
He has been isolated.He's living with covid 19 virus

1 Like

Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by DenreleDave(m): 10:11am On Mar 18, 2020
enemyofprogress:
remember this day and this moment because it will always come back to hunt you

Not hunt, it's haunt
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by enemyofprogress: 10:13am On Mar 18, 2020
seunmohmoh:
I will go for diploma.
iye na da, but what did you told your parents? did you tolded them the truth of what happened?
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by Karmaisme(m): 10:13am On Mar 18, 2020
GOFRONT:
Where is ??

He was dethroned by lalasticlala as emir of BMC and was banished to snake island.
Re: Zainab: Student Commits Suicide Over Her JAMB Score. Leaves Note For Her Parents by enemyofprogress: 10:14am On Mar 18, 2020
DenreleDave:

Not hunt, it's haunt
prick is hungrying you abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unilag studies thread / Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Bnaira: Former UNILAG's Richest Boy (Then Vs Now Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.