Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus (38629 Views)

Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats / Prince Charles Recovers From Coronavirus And Is Out Of Self-isolation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
Trump wants IMMEDIATE cash handouts for Americans: Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says everyone will get MORE THAN $1,000 within two weeks once he strikes Senate deal - and tax payments are deferred for 90 days too

Donald Trump wants to send cash to Americans suffering from the coronavirus crisis immediately he said at the White House Tuesday.

'The payroll tax holiday would get money to people over the next six to eight months. We're looking to send checks to Americans immediately,' explained Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin in the press briefing room. 'Americans needs cash now and the president wants to give cash now.'

'And I mean now - in the next two weeks,' Mnuchin added.

Precise details weren't announced at the press conference.

Mnuchin said he was previewing the plan with Capitol Hill Republicans and would reveal more later, but he suggested the amount could be more than $1,000. There would also be some income cut-offs. 'You don't need to send people who make a million dollars a year checks,' he said.

Trump said of his administration's stimulus plans: 'We're going big.'

The economy has spiraled since the coronavirus outbreak reached American shores. In Ohio alone, unemployment claims went from 6,500 last week to 45,000 this week, according to numbers given to reporters by Sen. Rob Portman's office.

After his meeting with Senate Republicans on Capitol Hill Tuesday, Mnuchin floated that the White House wanted to se $1 trillion injected into the American economy.

Mnuchin said this would be a combination of loans and 'direct checks,' like the ones he described at the White House earlier.

Beyond giving cash to Americans, Mnuchin said tax payments can also be deferred for 90 days.

After meeting with Mnuchin, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that he planned to have the Senate vote on a bill that was passed in the House on Saturday, which had been a collaboration between the White House and House Democrats.

The cash handouts would come as part of a third bill passed to deal with coronavirus' effects on the American economy - one that would be worked out between the White House and Senate Republicans first.

Senate Democrats then would be brought into the fold, McConnell explained.

The White House sped up its embrace of a universal basic income-like stimulus after economic adviser Larry Kudlow told DailyMail.com Monday the administration 'might' get behind new proposals to give cash to American households.

Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney on Monday announced that he was for a plan to give American workers $1,000 each month during the outbreak.

'We also urgently need to build on this legislation with additional action to help families and small businesses meet their short-term financial obligations, ease the financial burden on students entering the workforce, and protect health workers on the front lines and their patients by improving telehealth services,' the Utah senator said in a statement, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.

'I will be pushing these measures as Senate discussions continue about an additional relief package,' he added.
source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8122293/Donald-Trump-wants-checks-Americans-IMMEDIATELY.html

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44, dominique

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Otunba80: 10:33pm On Mar 17, 2020
Also read the news, and i was like who direct my mum and dad to give birth to me in nigeria.

We dey suffer for this naija oooo

225 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by JubrinElSudan: 10:35pm On Mar 17, 2020
To buy more toilet paper

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Sirsuky(m): 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Trump and buhari are just like words and opposite.. God please make way for every Nigerians that want to get out of this country to better place.

351 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by samuelson06(m): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2020
Sirsuky:
Trump and buhari are just like words and opposite.. God please make way for every Nigerians that want to get out of this country to better place.

A sister tried Canada through studies and they refused her visa claiming Nigeria economy is bad and they are not sure she'll return home after studies. Nigeria is fast becoming a stigma. Once from here, no one wants you in their country.

267 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
samuelson06:

A sister tried Canada through studies and they refused her visa claiming Nigeria economy is bad and they are not sure she'll return home after studies. Nigeria is fast becoming a stigma. Once from here, no one wants you in their country.
As in, news like this are what our leaders should imitate, the government can't always win or rather, in the end, they find a way to take all the money back through different levies n taxes

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by armyofone(m): 11:10pm On Mar 17, 2020
Just send the cash or check...no ask for my tax paperwork biko l, i could use extra.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by iCauseTrouble: 6:33am On Mar 18, 2020
This only happens in a country that have a president and not a mannequin like Nigeria

156 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by SCORPION1902: 6:34am On Mar 18, 2020
That's a president.

Not that old Fulani man who calls himself FRESIDENT.

114 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by jayboy112233: 6:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Wants?

What's he waiting for?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by DenreleDave(m): 6:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Osidazz19: 6:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Expecting my 1k.

It's Mitt Romney idea not TRAMP.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Perfecttouchade: 6:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Promise and fulfill man aka talk and do man...next time, we won't trust anyone who says he is coming to fight corruption in Nigeria cheesy ... Americans e ku enjoyment o

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by 4ckz: 6:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Buhari introduces stamp duty, and more financial and economic suffering, this makes corona virus suffering look like a piece of cake.

Two widely different strategies to curb corona virus suffering in two different countries.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 18, 2020
Come n see those who hates IPOB for wanting out of Nigeria wishing they are citizens of AMERICA

That's how the brain of a Nigerian is engineered to work

157 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Happyguy201: 6:35am On Mar 18, 2020
thank God ooo now my client will have enough money to send me . cheesy cheesy

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by BOSSFX: 6:36am On Mar 18, 2020
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Dpharisee: 6:36am On Mar 18, 2020
Meanwhile over here in Koronu republic we are now paying stamp duty for every transaction, tax has been increased and fuel price remains high.
Sai baba wink

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by LTRAVIS(m): 6:36am On Mar 18, 2020
God should please destroy the world again and send in another Noah, maybe Nigeria will have hope then,if I even see Italian visa or China visa,forget this corona isssh ....I’m flying away,I rather take my risk in Europe than be here

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Babatunde40(m): 6:36am On Mar 18, 2020
But over here, they want to milk us more. Amidst coronavirus they extented N50 stamp duty to savings account. Savings account ooo. Meaning government charges you for deciding to save. Chai

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by ikbnice(m): 6:36am On Mar 18, 2020
And here, they want to impose stamp duty after imposing tax on mobile network usage

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by koyeni(m): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2020
cool
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 18, 2020
Mysticwebb:
See better country with responsible leader.
blame ur leaders that looted ur country unrepentantly and shamelessly for 16 yrs and above. u wan make govt pay u, wit which money beta go collect u & awol1 go collect una share from diezani
Happyguy201:
thank God ooo now my client will have enough money to send me . cheesy cheesy
hope say no b ur yahoo yahoo clients u dey talk, if na so, na for alagbon close u go do ur easter celebration o, if na legit, u r safe

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 18, 2020
unfortunately, pdp don steal Nigeria future 4 d next 60 yrs. no reserves, notin. dem steal everything finish. dis country matta don tire me. god go punish all of dem

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by immanuelmustafa(m): 6:37am On Mar 18, 2020
Trump #MAGA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by cjudy(m): 6:38am On Mar 18, 2020
jayboy112233:
Wants?

What's he waiting for?
You think say na Buhari abi?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by inoki247: 6:38am On Mar 18, 2020
At least they can buy more Tissue Papers and Hand Sanitizers with it...
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mistaicey2288: 6:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Good. Now that's a President. Even though i am not much of his fan because of his strict and unfair immigration policies, i actually like him for the fact that he puts America first before any other thing... The economy has experienced great blossom under him and he looks out for the citizens too.

Meanwhile, a certain illiterate who parades himself as a President in the most populous black Nation in the world is more concerned about Cow's welfare than the citizens of the country which he governs. The idiot is only good at gallivanting round thw world making useless travels with taxpayers money.... The common 5k he promised to be reimbursing the jobless youths every month sef finally entered voicemail while Trump is about to start giving more than a thousand dollars each to citizens just to help them with the Coronavirus.. What a shame!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by nrexzy: 6:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Money that would be collected via tax??

Trump is just doing that for the election.... This is an advanced way of vote buying...

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by xcesspaschal(m): 6:38am On Mar 18, 2020
A country that abandons the weak is like a doctor who only treats the healthy. I remember his campaign slogan... Make America great again.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Zelensky Says Millions Of People Could Die If World Does Not 'close The Sky' / Ukraine Blocks Trans Women Refugees: "They Are Men, Must Go Back & Fight" / Sierra Leone Anti-Corruption Commission Recovers 8.6billion Leone From Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.