Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,940 members, 7,799,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus (38614 Views)

Trump Wants To Delay The 2020 Elections In US / Abolfazl Shekarchi To Trump: Save Us From Coronavirus, Not Make Threats / Prince Charles Recovers From Coronavirus And Is Out Of Self-isolation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Ozilarylopez11(m): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2020
How much is he going to send to all Americans?? That would be enough for everybody

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by einsteine(m): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2020
Wolgrace:

All goods have VAT on each. Moreso, they can't keep the money without spending.

Now, who's collecting the funds back?

What's your point?

That they are better off without the money? In a recession, you need to spend to increase the pace of economic activities. Companies would have to lay off people if people are not buying stuff.

By the way, this is the US. Not all good have VAT or Sales Tax and taxes vary according to state. People in Delaware don't pay any tax unless they are buying alcohol, tobacco or gasoline. States like Texas have no income tax.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2020
ajl:

How many Nigerians have Coronavirus? How many businesses have shut down? I am here in Houston where most workers are working from home. Restaurants and bars are all closed and eateries can only do deliveries and takeouts. Meanwhile business and daily lives in Nigeria are as normal as usual. Do you think they just hand money out here? Those who earn hourly and who are off work will have no income but still bills have to get paid. As the saying goes, "there is no free money in Moscow". Uncle Bill gives, Uncle Bill and its corporations takes back.

This is sad, how are you guys coping? my friend really complaining. Trump, the Twitter president has no foresight, he's the worst president till date. The first thing he would have done was control media reporting to reduce panic buying, ensure other routes of supplies remain open, and of course there should be reserves. What is the essence of handing out money with nothing to buy?
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by blowjohn(m): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I'm telling you what is on ground but as usual you guys always see America is god. There's nothing to buy in shops or stores so what will they use the money for?

1) He should have controlled the media to reduce panic buying

2) Ensure that other routes for getting goods are still open even through the crisis

3) Extensive local farming and storing of goods to release them in stages. Just like Joseph handled the crisis period in Egypt. A country like US should have food and water reserve lasting at least 3 years post crisis period.

I repeat, shops and stores are almost empty mow

3)

U think the money is for panic buying ? Dont u think that the money will help after they might have exhausted their funds during this present period of panic buying?

U said they should have controlled media?
WHO can control or tame the media?
Who can tame CNN with its satanic panic news?
Dont forget the press in america enjoy unparalleled freedom there. So they can do things to shit their paymasters.

What routes r u talking about?
Waterways? If they do that people will creep in.

U mentioned extensive farming to store up goods.
Nawa for u o. How can u farm and harvest in one month?

See one thing I have to k ow is that no matter how much goods are shipped in, people r gonna rush and buy all out of fear.
And importing goods isn't a 1 week thing, cos at this stage many countries are also struggling to meet up with demands.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2020
Codes151:
Op doesn’t even read. Imagine the contradicting headline. Smh
How so Sir?
There is limit to words that make the headline
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2020
einsteine:

What's your point?

That they are better off without the money? In a recession, you need to spend to increase the pace of economic activities. Companies would have to lay off people if people are not buying stuff.

By the way, this is the US. Not all good have VAT or Sales Tax and taxes vary according to state. People in Delaware don't pay any tax unless they are buying alcohol, tobacco or gasoline. States like Texas have no income tax.

There's nothing to spend on_, goods ate not in stock. You guys like to argue sheepishly. There's nothing to buy with monsy
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by blowjohn(m): 11:19am On Mar 18, 2020
Ozilarylopez11:
How much is he going to send to all Americans?? That would be enough for everybody

See ur mouth.
U didn't see how they want to earmark 1 trilli8n dollars?
U think it's like nigeria where abachas loot was shared among the poorest people and u still did not get? grin
America can comfortably give all the citizens that are eligible for the money at least a thousand dollars each.
That's about 350k each.
Ur government can 9nly give like 1k each and chop the remaining billions grin grin
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 11:24am On Mar 18, 2020
blowjohn:

U think the money is for panic buying ? Dont u think that the money will help after they might have exhausted their funds during this present period of panic buying?

U said they should have controlled media?
WHO can control or tame the media?
Who can tame CNN with its satanic panic news?
Dont forget the press in america enjoy unparalleled freedom there. So they can do things to shit their paymasters.

What routes r u talking about?
Waterways? If they do that people will creep in.

U mentioned extensive farming to store up goods.
Nawa for u o. How can u farm and harvest in one month?

See one thing I have to k ow is that no matter how much goods are shipped in, people r gonna rush and buy all out of fear.
And importing goods isn't a 1 week thing, cos at this stage many countries are also struggling to meet up with demands.

People are suffering, ordinarily I would have spent time countering your responses but this isn't time for banter. A country like America should have food/goods reserves lasting nothing less than three years. They know they face all kinds of enemies and should be prepared. Your other points are not worth countering, enlightenment campaigns, frequent press releases and assurances from government can go a long way in reducing panic buying, a whole America should have alternatives in getting supplies into their country. Trump remains a Twitter president, too much talk no action. What a shame

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by falopey: 11:25am On Mar 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

My friend called me in tears yesterday, she has been to restaurants to source for food without success. I opted to send canned food but no way to reach her. She sent pix of empty trains while she was on her way to work and streets that were empty. I wept for her. Don't let me place a curse on you . I never knew it was that bad until she opened up to me, I have been crying inside me. Get lost!! Unfortunate liar!

You are the one crying for your friend while your friend is enjoying her life. Restaurants are closed against sit-in order. But you can walk into a restaurant and do carry-out order. That’s due to directives given by state governors. Trains are empty because people are asked to work from home for those who can. So a lot of people are working from home. Trains are empty because people are using alternative transportation to avoid where people are clustered together especially on train. Stop crying and stop over taking your friend seriously undecided
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Cherez: 11:26am On Mar 18, 2020
voltron14:

Why did God not save America?

After all, Trump is a "Christian" while Buhari is an "Islamist".

Why is America technically in a recession despite having the best "President since mankind adopted democracy", after all, he's made America great again?

The day you lot get your heads away from his ass you would begin to understand yourselves and think solutions for your own society.

His emperor, king Donald Trump was warned about this virus, yet he ignored it.
He claimed it was a hoax.

When he got into power he dismantled the agency previously created by his predecessor to tackle such a pandemic.

By the way, his belated measure to offer 1000 dollars to Americans as laudable as it is, was not his original idea but taken from several other political candidates.

Should the virus and by extension, the lockdown persist, that 1000 dollars would be insufficient for the average American, then what?
Is it not obvious to you that you sound vague?
If you say Trump's attitude caused the pandemic in US, so what about NGA whose president till now still has not restricted?
Now you say his money to Americans isn't his idea but he enacted it. Bros, must all ideas come from a leader?
A true leader isn't even one full of ideas but one who can harness people's xtics, honing and unifying their ideas to project a prosperous body.
How many ideas have our own president listened to talk more enacting?
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by einsteine(m): 11:26am On Mar 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

There's nothing to spend on_, goods ate not in stock. You guys like to argue sheepishly. There's nothing to buy with monsy

You are the one who's arguing foolishly.

Certain items are out of stock, doesn't mean there's nothing to buy. Just from my phone, I can order many items from Amazon and you are here talking trash.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Cherez: 11:27am On Mar 18, 2020
so una neva fit accuse una saviour say him steal, like oda of una leaders na abach loot una hang for bubu head? una life don turn upside down finish, una just neva know.
Mention the "our leaders" who stole more than your leaders and impoverished you people to oblivion?
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 11:27am On Mar 18, 2020
falopey:
You are the one crying for your friend while your friend is enjoying her life. Restaurants are closed against sit-in order. But you can walk into a restaurant and do carry-out order. That’s due to directives given by state governors. Trains are empty because people are asked to work from home for those who can. So a lot of people are working from home. Trains are empty because people are using alternative transportation to avoid where people are clustered together especially on train.

State governors in America? see your life? you're pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 11:29am On Mar 18, 2020
einsteine:

You are the one who's arguing foolishly.

Certain items are out of stock, doesn't mean there's nothing to buy. Just from my phone, I can order many items from Amazon and you are here talking trash.

I keep getting your lies because you have no shame. How will goods from Amazon get to you if you're in America?
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by voltron14: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2020
Cherez:

Is it not obvious to you that you sound vague?
If you say Trump's attitude caused the pandemic in US, so what about NGA whose president till now still has not restricted?
Now you say his money to Americans isn't his idea but he enacted it. Bros, must all ideas come from a leader?
A true leader isn't even one full of ideas but one who can harness people's xtics, honing and unifying their ideas to project a prosperous body.
How many ideas have our own president listened to talk more enacting?

Our president has banned travel from Italy, UK, USA Switzerland, China, Norway, Spain, and a host of others and for a population of 200 million people we have a mere handful of cases.

As of this morning 101 Americans had died from the Coronavirus.

Trump has also driven his country into recession and has no one else to blame but himself.

1000 dollars might sound a large figure to you but it is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

America is definitely great under him.

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by voltron14: 11:38am On Mar 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I keep getting your lies because you have no shame. How will goods from Amazon get to you if you're in America?

Home deliveries are still possible and in fact, encouraged by the Government.

Amazon is hiring to meet up with the demands of home delivery this very moment.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by IrohKennedyy: 11:38am On Mar 18, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Our president has banned travel from Italy, UK, USA Switzerland, China, Norway, Spain, and a host of others and for a population of 200 million people we have a mere handful of cases.

Trump has also driven his country into recession and has no one else to blame but himself.

1000 dollars might sound a large figure to you but it is absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.

[/s]
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2020
voltron14:

1)How can I send something from Nigeria to US?

2) Are you saying that all those goods missing from shops and stores can be gotten through Amazon? why don't people panic buy through Amazon instead of raiding shelves of stores?
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Cherez: 11:50am On Mar 18, 2020
voltron14:

Just this morning the FG barred these countries.
Bros just be rational at least.
America and NGA who has better healthcare and medical professionals?
The US has barred since and just yesterday the FG was insisting they won't bar even when they knew that even stronger countries are on their kneels already on this pandemic.
I'm not holding brief for Trump but few times issues came up, he has shown his stand for his country.
Anyway, Kudos to the FG for this, quiet needful
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by voltron14: 11:51am On Mar 18, 2020
Cherez:

Just this morning the FG barred these countries.
Bros just be rational at least.
America and NGA who has better healthcare and medical professionals?
The US has barred since and just yesterday the FG was insisting they won't bar even when they knew that even stronger countries are on their kneels already on this pandemic.
I'm not holding brief for Trump but few times issues came up, he has shown his stand for his country.
Anyway, Kudos to the FG for this, quiet needful

The USA has all these things yet 100 have died.

Are you unaware of how expensive Medicare is to Ameican citizens compared to other countries of the advanced world?

1 Like

Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by IrohKennedyy: 11:53am On Mar 18, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

The USA has all these things yet 100 have died.

Are you unaware of how expensive Medicare is to Ameican citizens compared to other countries of the advanced world?
[/s]
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by IrohKennedyy: 11:54am On Mar 18, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

[/s]
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by bekpo(m): 11:55am On Mar 18, 2020
gypsey:
so bloody what?! would have been better not giving out the money? don't get how people like you think, besides that money is our money anyway. I have been paying so much $$ in taxes. infact even without the $1000 i would have still voted for Trump.

That $1000 are also some of the cash your dumb and theiving politicians in Nigeria looted and dumped in the US. grin

Sorry to disappoint u, d money ain't for u except u r telling me us u r covic-19 infected or u intend to pretend to b infected to b entitle to it. Trump is a mistake!
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by voltron14: 11:57am On Mar 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

1)How can I send something from Nigeria to US?

2) Are you saying that all those goods missing from shops and stores can be gotten through Amazon? why don't people panic buy through Amazon instead of raiding shelves of stores?

Yes you can get all the items missing on shelves from Amazon however, most people don't.

In any case, due to demand, some vendors on Amazon jacked up their prices and in return Amazon has suspended their accounts.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by IrohKennedyy: 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
[s]
voltron14:

Yes you can get all the items missing on shelves from Amazon however, most people don't.

In any case, due to demand, some vendors on Amazon jacked up their prices and in return Amazon has suspended their accounts.

[/s]
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
bekpo:

Sorry to disappoint u, d money ain't for u except u r telling me us u r covic-19 infected or u intend to pretend to b infected to b entitle to it. Trump is a mistake!
errr.. I don't think so. The money isn't just for infected people, the money is for every American who have not been able to attend their work place for self isolating as a result of the Virus. what da hell! as long as who ever gets the $1000 i don't care!

I would still vote for Trump!
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 12:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
voltron14:

Amazon is experiencing significant shortages of stocks essential household items due to customers stockpiling amid the Covid-19 coronavirus epidemic.
The online retail giant said it experienced an overwhelming increase in demand in recent days, resulting in unfulfilled orders and delayed shipping times for Prime members.

Many items listed in the “household staples” section of Amazon’s online store are affected, including toilet paper and bottled water.
“As Covid-19 has spread, we’ve recently seen an increase in people shopping online. In the short term, this is having an impact on how we serve our customers,” Amazon wrote in a blog post.
“You will also notice that some of our delivery promises are longer than usual. We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability on all of our products, and bring on additional capacity to deliver all of your orders.”

Amazon said it was also working to prevent price gouging of in-demand products by opportunistic sellers.

In one instance, a man in Tennessee bought nearly 18,000 bottles of hand sanitiser in an attempt to resell them at inflated prices on Amazon.
After his account was blocked by the retailer, authorities in the state forced him to donate the supplies to charity.

Happening in UK.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Larrykaysail(m): 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
armyofone:
Just send the cash or check...no ask for my tax paperwork biko l, i could use extra.
go and file loss, or unemployed,
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Mizwisdom(f): 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
These are interesting times for Americans:

“We are seeing increased online shopping, and as a result, some products, such as household staples and medical supplies, are out of stock,” an Amazon spokesperson said in a statement.
“We understand this is a change for our selling partners and appreciate their understanding as we temporarily prioritize these products for customers,” the spokesperson added.
With governments across the globe recommending and even mandating that people stay inside during the pandemic , more shoppers are turning to Amazon to stock up rather than visiting brick-and-mortar stores. But the rush of shopping in select categories has meant frequent out-of-stock messages for items ranging from hand sanitizer and hand soap to face masks, as well as sellers taking advantage of low supply by attempting to price-gouge customers.
This move — coupled with Amazon’s announcement on Monday that it was hiring 100,000 warehouse workers to keep up with surging demand — highlights the level at which consumers are relying on online shopping during the pandemic. At the same time, it’s also a realization that even the endless digital aisles of Amazon’s Everything Store, and Amazon’s logistics prowess, were not built to fully sustain the change in consumer behavior that the pandemic has forced essentially overnight.
On Amazon’s message board for third-party sellers, the news was greeted with panic early Tuesday morning.
“Amazon just put tons of businesses out of business,” one seller wrote on Amazon’s forum early Tuesday morning. “Destroyed thousands of jobs amidst a crisis. Horrible joke. Absolute joke. No warning. Expect major lawsuits coming from sellers who now will go bankrupt.”
“It is not doable,” another wrote. “Most of us do not have the infrastructure in place. We do not have the boxes or packing material to do this.”
In the notice to sellers, the company said, “We understand this is a change to your business, and we did not take this decision lightly.”
Others who make a living off of Amazon favor the decision. Will Tjernlund, CMO of Amazon seller consultancy Goat Consulting, said he believes many sellers already have enough inventory in Amazon warehouses to last until April 5 and that the move was the right one. “I am happy Amazon is focusing on fulfilling essential items over figuring how to ship couches or flatscreen TVs,” he said.
Over the past few weeks, as the outbreak has spread from Asia to Europe to the US, Amazon has struggled to keep the most in-demand items in stock and to stop the price-gouging the shortages have caused. At times, two-packs of Purell hand sanitizer have been selling for hundreds of dollars, causing outrage from customers and politicians alike. In response, Amazon restricted who can sell certain in-demand items and said it pulled more than 500,000 high-priced listings and banned more than 2,000 sellers .
Amazon has also struggled to make room for the in-demand stock it can get its hands on. In the New York metro area on Monday, items marked as Prime-eligible were showing delivery dates of Friday; during normal times, Amazon Prime shipments typically take two days to arrive at most.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by bekpo(m): 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
gypsey:
errr.. I don't think so. The money isn't just for infected people, the money is for every American who have not been able to attend their work place for self isolating as a result of the Virus. what da hell! as long as who ever gets the $1000 i don't care!

I would still vote for Trump!

Read with understanding bro. Vote buying modified!
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by voltron14: 12:22pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Amazon is experiencing significant shortages of stocks essential household items due to customers stockpiling amid the Covid-19 coronavirus epidemic.
The online retail giant said it experienced an overwhelming increase in demand in recent days, resulting in unfulfilled orders and delayed shipping times for Prime members.

Many items listed in the “household staples” section of Amazon’s online store are affected, including toilet paper and bottled water.
“As Covid-19 has spread, we’ve recently seen an increase in people shopping online. In the short term, this is having an impact on how we serve our customers,” Amazon wrote in a blog post.
“You will also notice that some of our delivery promises are longer than usual. We are working around the clock with our selling partners to ensure availability on all of our products, and bring on additional capacity to deliver all of your orders.”

Amazon said it was also working to prevent price gouging of in-demand products by opportunistic sellers.

In one instance, a man in Tennessee bought nearly 18,000 bottles of hand sanitiser in an attempt to resell them at inflated prices on Amazon.
After his account was blocked by the retailer, authorities in the state forced him to donate the supplies to charity.

Happening in UK.

I didn't argue the paucity, I only stated it is another procurement stream.
Re: Trump Wants To Send Cash To Americans Suffering Financially From Coronavirus by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2020
bekpo:

Read with understanding bro. Vote buying modified!
Fine! l wouldn't mind accepting $1000, how would they even know who I will vote for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Al-Zawahiri Is Dead. Bin Laden's Deputy Killed In US Drone Strike,Biden confirms / Sierra Leone Anti-Corruption Commission Recovers 8.6billion Leone From Ministry / 117th US Congress Prayer Ends With "Amen And A Woman"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.