Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:29 PM

Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee (54756 Views)

Adamawa Records First Case Of Coronavirus, A Returnee From Kano / Coronavirus: UK Returnee Causes Panic In Ondo Community, Self-Isolates / 100 Ladies Working For NGOs In Borno Impregnated And Infected With HIV (2) (3) (4)

Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by CanadaOrBust: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2020
lexy2014:

What is a hemisphere? In which of d hemispheres do d tropics fall into? In d map below, was any allowance given 4 tropics to exist outside d hemispheres?

You still keep disregarinh the most important part: IN DISCUSSING THE WEATHER!!!

Read the following carefully. Notice how they consistently use Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
Ask yourself if any of that applies to Nigeria or any tropical country.
After that, appreciate that you’ve learnt then drop the topic.
Ciao.

Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by lexy2014: 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

You still keep disregarinh the most important part: IN DISCUSSING THE WEATHER!!!

Read the following carefully. Notice how they consistently use Northern and Southern Hemisphere.
Ask yourself if any of that applies to Nigeria or any tropical country.
After that, appreciate that you’ve learnt then drop the topic.
Ciao.

Good. Since they consistently use northern and southern hemisphere, then kindly answer d following questions:

What is a hemisphere? In which of d hemispheres do d tropics fall into? In d map below, was any allowance given 4 tropics to exist outside d hemispheres? Do d tropics exist outside d hemispheres? What is a hemisphere? Pls look at d map below and see were Nigeria is situated. In which hemisphere is Nigeria situated?

Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by CanadaOrBust: 5:31pm On Mar 23, 2020
lexy2014:

Good. Since they consistently use northern and southern hemisphere, then kindly answer d following questions:

What is a hemisphere? In which of d hemispheres do d tropics fall into? In d map below, was any allowance given 4 tropics to exist outside d hemispheres? Do d tropics exist outside d hemispheres? What is a hemisphere? Pls look at d map below and see were Nigeria is situated. In which hemisphere is Nigeria situated?

Why don’t u write National Geopraphic and tell them that Nigeria is in Nothern Hemisphere but the weather they describe as Northern Hemisphere weather does not apply to Nigeria. Tell them anything north of the equator must have that weather otherwise they should stop using it. Then suggest what term they should be using instead.
Good day sir.
Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by lexy2014: 5:35pm On Mar 23, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Why don’t u write National Geopraphic and tell them that Nigeria is in Nothern Hemisphere but the weather they describe as Northern Hemisphere weather does not apply to Nigeria. Tell them anything north of the equator must have that weather otherwise they should stop using it. Then suggest what term they should be using instead.
Good day sir.

Then simply answer d following questions let's see if u are right:

Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by Jakumo(m): 7:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
lexy2014:

What is a hemisphere? In which of d hemispheres do d tropics fall into?
In d map below, was any allowance given 4 tropics to exist outside d hemispheres?
Do d tropics exist outside d hemispheres?
What is a hemisphere?
Pls look at d map below and see were Nigeria is situated. In which hemisphere is Nigeria situated?

If you want to split hairs, Nigeria lies between 6 and 8 degrees NORTH of the Equator, meaning that Nigeria lies in the NORTHERN hemisphere.

Nigeria is ALSO located in the Tropics, whose climate is defined by TWO annual seasons, namely, the rainy season and the dry season. Because of West Africa and Central America's close proximity to the Equator, analogous rain and dry seasons are shared by both continents, ALONG WITH temperatures that are consistently higher all year round, than is the case as one moves northbound, away from the Equator, and closer to the freezing North Pole, on the northern fringe of continental Europe.

The upshot of all this mundane recitation, is that while the Corona virus does indeed survive in the heat of tropical Africa, it has NOT, thus far, spread anywhere near as fast as it did in Iran, Italy and Spain, all of which share MEDITERRANEAN climates with FOUR distinct seasons, namely Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn (Fall), during which mean temperatures GENERALLY remain lower than those of the West African sub-region.

The fabled "Italian Man", who arrived in Nigeria visibly sick from the Corona virus, survived what has proven to be a one-week death sentence for thousands of the man's compatriots back in Italy, all thanks to an amazing medical miracle performed by the Nigerian medical team that saved the man without infecting themselves, but ALSO thanks to the warm weather of Mother Africa, that gave the man a fighting chance to live, while killing off the invisible virus invaders before they could spread into the general population, as is the case over much of this planet as these words are typed.
Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jakumo:

If you want to split hairs, Nigeria lies between 6 and 8 degrees NORTH of the Equator, meaning that Nigeria lies in the NORTHERN hemishphere.

Nigeria is ALSO located in the Tropics, whose climate is defined by TWO annual seasons, namely, the rainy season and the dry season. Because of the West Africa and Central America's close proximity to the Equator, similar rain and dry seasons are shared by both continents, ALONG WITH temperatures that are consistently higher all year round, than is the case as one moves north away from the Equator, and closer to the freezing North Pole.

The upshot of all this mundane recitation, is that while the Corona virus does indeed survive in the heat of tropical Africa, it has NOT, thus far, spread anywhere near as fast as it did in Iran, Italy and Spain, all of which share MEDITERRANEAN climates with FOUR distinct seasons, namely Winter, Spring, Summer and Autumn (Fall), during which mean temperatures GENERALLY remain lower than those of the West African sub-region.

The fabled "Italian Man", who arrived in Nigeria visibly sick from the Corona virus, survived what has proven to be a one-week death sentence for thousands of the man's compatriots back in Italy, all thanks to an amazing medical miracle performed by the Nigerian medical team that saved the man without infecting themselves, but ALSO thanks to the warm weather of Mother Africa, that gave the man a fighting chance to live, while killing off the invisible virus invaders before they could spread into the general population, as is the case over much of this planet as these words are typed.

I hope all these warm weather theories hold water. Otherwise we are fuuucked
Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by Jakumo(m): 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2020
ornicus:

I hope all these warm weather theories hold water. Otherwise we are fuuucked

If I were a gambling man sir, I would confidently bet my palm-wine tappers bicycle, and even throw in my second wife for good measure, on the premise that West Africa's ENTIRE Corona virus body count will be expressed in just two digits , unlike the utter mass decimation of human life that is unfolding daily in Iran, Italy, Spain and now, ever so gradually, in England and the USA, both lands with many ties and memories for this writer, harking back to a simpler, more predictable time spent along this journey called life.
Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by proffemi: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2020
Jakumo:

If I were a gambling man sir, I would confidently bet my palm-wine tappers bicycle, and even throw in my second wife for good measure, on the premise that West Africa's ENTIRE Corona virus body count will be expressed in just two digits , unlike the utter mass decimation of human life that is unfolding daily in Iran, Italy, Spain and now, ever so gradually, in England and the USA, both lands with many ties and memories for this writer, harking back to a simpler, more predictable time spent along this journey called life.

Friend, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will indeed be the outcome here.
I believe strongly that it is possible. If we do not mess it up by behaving irresponsibly, I am hopeful that we will surprise ourselves and the world in the next few weeks. But for now, let's all get busy; we have a fight on our hands grin

Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by Jakumo(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2020
proffemi:

Friend, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will indeed be the outcome here.
I believe strongly that it is possible. If we do not mess it up by behaving irresponsibly, I am hopeful that we will surprise ourselves and the world in the next few weeks. But for now, let's all get busy; we have a fight on our hands grin

Truer words were never spoken, my brethren. Be a lone wolf as much as you can, stock up on food, weed, booze and ammo, and the world will turn.

Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by lexy2014: 2:26am On Mar 24, 2020
Jakumo:

If you want to split hairs, Nigeria lies between 6 and 8 degrees NORTH of the Equator, meaning that Nigeria lies in the NORTHERN hemisphere.

D questions I asked which u responded to were as a result of d gentleman who insisted that d tropics exist outside d hemispheres which by implication means that Nigeria doesn't exist within any hemisphere. His exact words:

Nigeria is in the tropics. Those seasons don’t exist in the tropics. They only exist outside the tropics - in the northern and Southern Hemispheres.
Later[/quote]

U may do well by extending ur hands of fellowship to him
Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by Jakumo(m): 5:22am On Mar 24, 2020
lexy2014:

D questions I asked which u responded to were as a result of d gentleman who insisted that d tropics exist outside d hemispheres which by implication means that Nigeria doesn't exist within any hemisphere. His exact words:

Nigeria is in the tropics. Those seasons don’t exist in the tropics. They only exist outside the tropics - in the northern and Southern Hemispheres.
Later

U may do well by extending ur hands of fellowship to him

I can see you are much more preoccupied with the dictionary definition of the word "hemisphere" rather than in the parallel discussion about whether or not the Corona virus is likely to spread in West Africa.

May I wish you all the best in your quest for the meaning of the word "hemisphere". Every man must have a calling, and you have selected yours.

Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by lexy2014: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2020
Jakumo:

I can see you are much more preoccupied with the dictionary definition of the word "hemisphere" rather than in the parallel discussion about whether or not the Corona virus is likely to spread in West Africa.

May I wish you all the best in your quest for the meaning of the word "hemisphere". Every man must have a calling, and you have selected yours.

What calling I choose for myself is none of ur business. What I choose to discuss on nairaland is none of ur business. If u had been circumspect as u want me to believe, then u would have traced d origin of d discussion b4 u started drawing cinclusions as to what my interest is and what it isn't. So kindly take ur lecture somewhere else. Tnx
Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by Jakumo(m): 11:14am On Mar 24, 2020
lexy2014:

What calling I choose for myself is none of ur business. What I choose to discuss on nairaland is none of ur business. If u had been circumspect as u want me to believe, then u would have traced d origin of d discussion b4 u started drawing cinclusions as to what my interest is and what it isn't. So kindly take ur lecture somewhere else. Tnx

Na so, Mr. Dictionary. No fess. We nogo do so again. Happy Corona day to you !
Re: Coronavirus: Ayo Alaba Idowu, Birdview Group Boss Speaks On Infected UK Returnee by lexy2014: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2020
Jakumo:

Na so, Mr. Dictionary. No fess. We nogo do so again. Happy Corona day to you !

Tnx 4d compliment Mr. Coronavirus

Coronavirus: Larfage Cement Factory Quarantined As Ogun Begins Contact Tracing / SA Woman who Birthed 10 Babies Lied, Was Never Pregnant, Has Mental Issues (PIX) / Taraba Yet To Report Death From COVID-19 – NCDC