Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Why Did Jesus Come? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Come? (966 Views)

Did Jesus Come To Bring Peace Or Not? / Why Did Jesus Come??? / The Second Coming: When Will Jesus Come Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did Jesus Come? by lysaa(f): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2010
Hey guys its Christmas again, a time we all celebrate the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ into the world, the word that became flesh and dwelt amongst us. We eat, drink and make merriments with different intents.
I would like to know from your point of view why Jesus came. Guess if we know this, we'll celebrate this unique season with a focus. So the question is open for answers, Why did Jesus come?
Re: Why Did Jesus Come? by thweraja10: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2010
Hey guys its Christmas again, a time we all celebrate the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ into the word, the word that became flesh and dwelt amongst us. We eat, drink and make merriments with different intents.
I would like to know from your point of view why Jesus came. Guess if we know this, we'll celebrate this unique season with a focus. So the question is open for answers, Why did Jesus come?

You just gave the answer
Re: Why Did Jesus Come? by lysaa(f): 3:43pm On Dec 24, 2010
LOL where?

Okay here's mine; He came to give us life according to John 10: 10. but in order to do this, He had to eradicate sin which was y he had to die in our place. This life called Zoe, God's kind of life. Thinking of the beautiful things packaged in this life I just celebrate this season with joy and thanksgiving.

oya over to u.
Re: Why Did Jesus Come? by mabell: 10:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Poster,
He came to die for the sins of the whole world and through His death, we have life eternal.
When i say life eternal, i don't mean we'll leave forever and ever( which is true anyway) but i mean a life oof victory, success, peace, abundance, divine health.
That is eternal life, a life without struggle

28 I give them real and eternal life. They are protected from the Destroyer for good. No one can steal them from out of my hand
John 10:28 (MSG)

@Poster, you are a woman of valour

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Come? by Joagbaje(m): 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Mabel
Is there anybody that will not live forever ?
Re: Why Did Jesus Come? by Joagbaje(m): 12:00am On Dec 25, 2010
@Iysaa,
Jesus came as a second Adam . We died through the first Adam , but life and immortality has been brought to knowledge through the second Adam . He has made us partakers of divine verities by Union with God. He also gave us opportunity to demonstrate our Love for him by bringing many others into thesame knowledge of truth.

The best way to celebrate Christmas is to reach out to the lost, the sick, the hungry. Telling them about the love of God and bringing in into their inheritance in christ.

Let's prove to the world and cohort of hell that Jesus was not a failure. By showing forth the reason he came.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Come? by lysaa(f): 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2010
Wow! I'm glad to hear these replies. How was ur celebrations?

We still have few days into next yr. The changes we'd want to see can start now. As life is spiritual, we plan and pray for 2011 with our goals in focus before stepping into it.

I WISH Y'ALL THE VERY BEST OF LIFE. Happy holidays.

(1) (Reply)

Christianity And Islam: Points Of Tension / Money Is God: The New Religion / Richest Pastor In Nigeria 2011 With Their Net Worth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.