Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After (78279 Views)

Woman Who Tested Negative For COVID-19 Fails HIV/AIDS And Hepatitis Test / Lagos Releases 11 More Coronavirus Patients After They Tested Negative / Coronavirus: Lady Who Tested Positive Shares The Symptoms She Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Angelfrost(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2020
Crookesmore:
LET EVERYBODY STAY WHERE THEY ARE...

IF YOU HAVE FAMILY IN UK, US, EU and IRAN.

TELL THEM NOT TO RUN BACK HOME THINKING NIGERIA'S WEATHER DOES NOT FAVOUR KORONA

ELSE THEY WILL PUT YOUR WHOLE HOUSEHOLD AT RISK

WHO KNOWS IF THE DAUGHTER IS ALREADY INFECTED. MAKE SHE GO CHECK HERSELF

ELSE SHE GO INFECT HER HUBBY AND HER KIDS

ELSE ..ELSE..ELSE. ELSE undecided undecided undecided undecided

Sigh... You read the same post as I did, and typed the above??! Are you kidding me right now??!...

What's happening with education these days in Nigeria??! This is beyond atrocious!!!

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by magzey: 11:06am On Mar 18, 2020
In Nigeria we are our own problem. Must all dead be Corona virus case? she must have had other respiratory health issues. Is her time to die.
R.I.P mother undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Damsman10(m): 11:06am On Mar 18, 2020
Olalan:
We have only God to save us in Nigeria.........I just hope this lying govt has not been under reporting this issue.
BTW do we still have a president that cares about the citizens cause I have not heard a single word from the president since this pandemic started.

I don't recall seeing that man standing in front of the camera since at least a yr, all we see are pictures. I am already convinced Mr Lifeless is in actual fact lifeless and some other folks may just be in charge of Governance; hence the delay in all angles and no-show in others.

Trump holds 30mins press in the white house every other day, that's what I call life full.

If Corona visits this country in it's full capacity, NOBODY should expect those abokiis leading to make any right decisions except to protect they and their own. Every man is now for himself.

#StaySafe

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Angelfrost(m): 11:10am On Mar 18, 2020
Jeromejnr:

All these social media "Experts"

Please Google the temperature in places like Saudi Arabia and also google how many cases of Covid-19 they have there and stop spreading misinformation.

He went a bit overboard with the temperature thingy, but he is not wrong about "spreading panic and needless fear"!!!...

We have to be more reassuring in these austere times... A lot of people have gotten the virus, but many more have recovered, and more will recover.
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by UtchayN: 11:11am On Mar 18, 2020
[quote author=SaviMedia post=87538823]Woman who tested "Negative" for #Coronavirus in Enugu dies a day after; Family blames State govt.

The daughter Utchay @UcheNgwu7 writes:

"Dear RT. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi,

"I am writing on behalf of myself and family in regards to the 70 year old woman suspected of the Covid -19 in Enugu published on Saturday 14th March 2020.

"The patient who is my mother unfortunately passed away on Sunday 15th March 2020 having tested negative to the aforementioned virus. She returned to Nigeria on Wednesday 11th March, 2020 after 5 months trip to the UK to visit her children."

Above were the parts of the statement posted online by the family of the suspected Coronavirus patient in Enugu State who tested negative for the deadly virus.

It should be recalled that a certain woman, age, 70, causes stirs at the University Teaching Hospital Enugu, on Saturday, after she showed up at the hospital for check up, on sighting the woman who just came back from UK, the health workers scamper to safety following lack of safety gears in the hospital.

Reacting, the Nigerian Center for Disease Control (NCDC) weighed in and collected the sample blood of the woman who was isolated at ESUTH Colliery Parklane and the result came out negative.

However, the 70yrs old woman, (name withheld) died a day after the result came out negative.

The cause of her death according to the statement shared online by the family is due to the kind of treatment at the isolation center and the kind of environment she was kept during the few days she was isolated.

"My mother was isolated in a dilapidated environment that seems to have been left uninhabitable over a long period of time. The isolation centre in Enugu is an abandoned old section of the hospital, where the grass and debris were being cleared whilst my mother was there", says the statement.

The full statement reads below...

"The staffs at the hospital were unprofessional in the way they handled my mother. She was stigmatized and this made her feel worthless. My mother arrived at the hospital on Friday 13th March, 2020, blood samples were collected on Saturday 14th March, 2020 with results expected on Monday 16th March, 2020.

"As declared by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that this is a global pandemic, one would expect a faster testing time. My mother had to spend 3 days in a dire situation, without adequate health care and unsure of what is happening around her.

"If the result for Covid-19 was ascertained on time, my mother would still be here with us, as she would have been moved to a better equipped hospital with the right experts to deal with her underlying illnesses".

"My mother died due to the negligence and unpreparedness of the state in putting adequate facilities including staff training in place. The corona virus was detected in December 2019. It is absolutely disappointing that there is no appropriate isolation centre in Enugu State.

"After the death of my mother, finding a workable stretcher to move her body was impossible! You would expect any hospital to provide basic facilities such as a stretcher – my mother’s body was carried into the ambulance on a wretched tool.

"Considering that the Covid-19 result proved negative, we can conclude that my mother died due to the following reasons –

· The state of the said ‘isolation centre’ ( pictures attached).

· Wrong treatment

· Staff stigmatisation due to lack of training in dealing with such cases.

"Furthermore, shortly after the news of a suspected Covid-19 patient was published, the Enugu state government responded by releasing 20 Million Naira for the management of the state isolation centre.

"In my opinion, that is a little too late as strategies for dealing with the Corona Virus pandemic should have been put in place before now. It should not have taken my mother’s suspected case to prompt an action from the government".

The government should have anticipated this and appropriate measures and facilities put in place.

"As l write this, l am sure that no plans has been made for any future case of Covid-19 despite the promised allocated funds".

"In conclusion, l would like to reiterate that the environment of the isolation centre, staff behaviour and the unpreparedness of the Enugu state government resulted to my mother’s unexpected death".

"The objective of this letter is to make sure that no other person will have to go through what my mother went through. I am appealing to the governor of Enugu state to ensure that the funds allocated to the isolation centre is rightly used for the purpose for which it was meant.

"I urge the Enugu state government to ensure accountability to this respect.

Sincerely,

A very heartbroken daughter.

Source; https://mobile.twitter.com/UcheNgwu7/status/1240018628935811074vt/
[/quoteAttention!!!!!

Good day all!!!!

Like I said in my thread, I'm not the victim, my mother is still well alive and even younger. I only tweeted for them because i feel that if its true, then proper attention should be given to the matter at hand...
Thank you for the responses]
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by rabazamba: 11:13am On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
Those who are succumbing to the virus are from late 50's. That means they could have died even without having the virus..

How many coronavirus cases do they have in UK gan gan that her mother had to be infected in just 5 months trip to UK

So if indeed her mother had the virus, then all the family must have been infected.

Read and comprehend
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Angelfrost(m): 11:13am On Mar 18, 2020
ornicus:
If covid 9 breaks out, it will be like the plagues. Corpses in the streets. How many states in this country have facilities for infectious diseases?

Even in Lagos, we read about the facilities the Italian was in. And that is Lagos that tries to be proactive. If you have money, and you suspect you have it, better self isolate . If you don’t . .

The first part of your post is all shades of wrong!!!... You saw the walls of a good school for a reason!!!

What is even wrong with most of you Nigerian youths of today??!... Just imagine posting that in an international forum!!! Let's be guided in our utterances and posts.
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by 12inchess: 11:16am On Mar 18, 2020
helinues:
Those who are succumbing to the virus are from late 50's. That means they could have died even without having the virus..

How many coronavirus cases do they have in UK gan gan that her mother had to be infected in just 5 months trip to UK

So if indeed her mother had the virus, then all the family must have been infected.

A lot of people need tk get their facts right and there is a lot of misinformation being spread out there. The study that you're quoting that young people are unaffected only refers to people under 18. Anybody above 18 may have similar mortality has the aged. This group is not just confirmed. What is confirmed though is that mortality of 30 years to 79 years is 87% So if you're above 30 you probably fall in that group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by XANDERBOY85: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2020
Stalwert:
See what TINUBU have caused, ordinary Enugu state Isolation Centre he couldn't manage.

What's your point fool!? Or are you so insecure and paranoid to the extent you make everything a 'Igbo against Yoruba and Tinubu' thing?

It's obvious what played out here is the result of a dereliction of duty on the part of both the Buhari and Ugwuanyi gov'ts at federal and state level....more so the federal gov't, as this COVID-19 issue is a national emergency that's given us more than enough time to prepare and ensure testing/quarantine facilities are available in every region of the country!
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by BreconHills(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2020
Lifestone:

So you will just yawn anything and you expect everybody to believe you? Naaaaaaa.
At best, this is a pepper soup joint gossip

More like crack and opium den gossip
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Chipumbu: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2020
[quote author=TylerDurden post=87542163][/quote]

Conspiracies at work
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by policy12: 11:21am On Mar 18, 2020
The staffs at the hospital were unprofessional in the way they handled my mother. She was stigmatized and this made her feel worthless. My mother arrived at the hospital on Friday 13th March, 2020, blood samples were collected on Saturday 14th March, 2020 with results expected on Monday 16th March, 2020.

I wonder where the Igbo online fighters are? If this stuff happened in Lagos they won't allow one to breath, they will call for Tinubu head, mean while their state is rotten, their leaders are not accountable to them, the same hospital behind Enugu shop rite is an eye sore when it come to facilities and clients relationship but instead of them to channel their energy in fixing and develop their state na to dey poke nose into matter that is not their own. They will carry other state matter/problem for head like gala, they can easily find fault in others while covering their own mess with clothe.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by XANDERBOY85: 11:23am On Mar 18, 2020
Damsman10:

I don't recall seeing that man standing in front of the camera since at least a yr, all we see are pictures. I am already convinced Mr Lifeless is in actual fact lifeless and some other folks may just be in charge of Governance; hence the delay in all angles and no-show in others.

Trump holds 30mins press in the white house every other day, that's what I call life full.

If Corona visits this country in it's full capacity, NOBODY should expect those abokiis leading to make any right decisions except to protect they and their own. Every man is now for himself.

#StaySafe
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by XANDERBOY85: 11:28am On Mar 18, 2020
policy12:

The staffs at the hospital were unprofessional in the way they handled my mother. She was stigmatized and this made her feel worthless. My mother arrived at the hospital on Friday 13th March, 2020, blood samples were collected on Saturday 14th March, 2020 with results expected on Monday 16th March, 2020.

I wonder where the Igbo online fighters are? If this stuff happened in Lagos they won't allow one to breath, they will call for Tinubu head, mean while their state is rotten, their leaders are not accountable to them, the same hospital behind Enugu shop rite is an eye sore when it come to facilities and clients relationship but instead of them to channel their energy in fixing and develop their state na to dey poke nose into matter that is not their own. They will carry other state matter/problem for head like gala, they can easily find fault in others while covering their own mess with clothe.

How do Igbos 'poke nose into matter that is not their own'? Or are you implying Igbos should not make any comment about Lagos state? On what basis are you making this demand? Is Lagos just a Yoruba affair, and only Yoruba are allowed to make a commentary on governance in the state?

Are you also saying Igbos have not said anything critical about governance in Enugu state?

You nasty Igbo-hating bigots are so insecure and infantile!
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by liverpool72(m): 11:31am On Mar 18, 2020
omenka:
Fake news. There's no Coronavirus in Nigeria. The government is sponsoring all these news in order to create an avenue to loot the country as usual.

ur stupidity has no gear, continue.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by CeterisXVII: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2020
Shaprara:
Your mother didn’t die of the Coronavirus, so what killed her, negligence is not enough justification for her death, did she have a pre existing condition, or the test was not carried out properly resulting in a false negative. I know a blood test is not a corona virus test.
Pre-existing conditions can be aggravated by lack of treatment or bad handling of the patient, or poor medical care or unhygienic, unsafe, unsanitary conditions that could lead to the spread of bacteria and other germs, which would worsen the woman's condition and ultimately lead to her death.
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by MeeLan: 11:40am On Mar 18, 2020
Let me assume the story is true, why would you fly sick from UK (with better healthcare) to Nigeria this month (at this red time) and expect to be hugged!
The isolation centre should be improved upon though.
Even in the US, testing is slow, that's global issue.
Maybe she died of covid 19, just that the hospital want to control the info.
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Dextre(m): 11:40am On Mar 18, 2020
densiks:
The story is pathetic.

The claim here is that she tested negative to covid-19,hence no clinical need for isolation.so why was she still kept in the abandoned building to the extent that she had to pass on there?

Can't you read? She said they were there all that time waiting for result. It was d day after result came out she died. She wasn't isolated for days after results were out na
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Klington: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2020
See isolation center looking like a shrine and they will be the first to tell the whole that the shit hole is more than ready for coronavirus outbreak .

what an irony.
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Jaqenhghar: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2020
The mistake her mother made was coming back to the shithole. She was probably running away from being infected over there not knowing it was from frying pan to fire.

1 Like

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by ignis: 11:42am On Mar 18, 2020
Should we blame Buhari or Enugu state governor ?
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by yeman1(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2020
OMG!! This is very bad
.... Nigeria is bad country in terms of health issue or facilities. Imagine with 20 million they collected... they don't.have stretcher, the environment is bushy .. I believe there won't be electricity there too not to talk about fan ... awww.. I'm.really sad about this. So anybody confirmed tested positive now.should know.that if.govt catches u,, that's your.end. So how are we going.to prevent this when govt embezzled money amidst.of.corona virus. ?
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by DateMynd44(m): 11:53am On Mar 18, 2020
omenka:
Fake news. There's no Coronavirus in Nigeria. The government is sponsoring all these news in order to create an avenue to loot the country as usual.

an unverified account on Twitter.
And my Ipob brothers are so gullible to believe already.
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Okuda(m): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2020
Lifestone:

Fake news. What's your source?

e be like say you no hear wetin the person wey u talk quote. the number of folks walking around withbcorona in Nigeria is on an alarming rate. gice it 1 more month then come back here to apologize.
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by riczy(m): 11:58am On Mar 18, 2020
Mat God accept her soul!
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by poiZon: 12:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
Asquare84:
When I mentioned that this current governor of enugu state is the worst governor people were attacking me, now the reality is coming out now
Wetin concern the govr with federal facility?

This is federal university teaching hospital n not state general hospital.
The state govt even tried to release some funds to assist the issue.
When we talk restructuring some will come here n spew shit.
Let us restructure this country before it is late
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by topsam1(m): 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
They actually meant to suffocate her to death to avoid the spread... RIP to her.
densiks:
The story is pathetic.

The claim here is that she tested negative to covid-19,hence no clinical need for isolation.so why was she still kept in the abandoned building to the extent that she had to pass on there?

Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by Litmus: 12:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
Lifestone:

Fake news. What's your source?

The Daily Wish
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by bkool7(m): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
I pray we are not doomed

Our governments are too irresponsible to handle this crisis,
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by bkool7(m): 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
poiZon:

Wetin concern the govr with federal facility?

This is federal university teaching hospital n not state general hospital.
The state govt even tried to release some funds to assist the issue.
When we talk restructuring some will come here n spew shit.
Let us restructure this country before it is late

When Lagos is taking up the challenge of the outbreak and not waiting for anyone from Abuja. If it does not concern the Enugu govt, not the person that died, does she live in Lagos ?
Re: Woman Who Tested Negative For Coronavirus In Enugu Dies A Day After by keleman992000(m): 12:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
na trauma abi stigmatization that killed her? well so sorry if this is true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Uses Her Pant As Face-Mask In A South African Supermarket (Pics) / I'm Addicted To Pentazocine, Please Help Me!!! (Warning Graphics Photos) / Premature Ejaculation: Causes and Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.