Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Glo 3g Internet Is Useless - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Glo 3g Internet Is Useless (2616 Views)

My Ipad Won't Connect To Glo 3g / Glo 3g Internet For Sale / Glo 3g Modem Or Starcomms Modem Since Visafone Is Trashy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by aca77: 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
I can't find the right words to describe the absolute farce that the Glo 3G nonsense is. I stay around the Ikeja axis which is a very central part of Lagos, yet the 3g network signal ALWAYS breaks up relentlessly and switches between edge, gprs and 3g a million times every minute - thereby interrupting one's downloads and browsing, and forcing someone to restart downloads (after wasting precious mega bytes) or reload a page.

Is it by force to operate a 3g network? Why not stick with edge or gprs in order to ensure a more reliable and steady browsing instead of making such a big mess with this topsy turvy 3g nonsense. Despite all the idiotic noise and expensive propaganda they made about their so called glo1 submarine cable, we have yet to see any improvement or difference. The worst part is that it is almost impossible to reach their customer-care number to complain. Big Fools.
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by lynxnoon(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2010
switch to gsm/edge/2G only and ur connection should be stable for now
cheers
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by temmytanny(m): 6:57pm On Dec 24, 2010
they are ungrading,swaping equipment(alcatel to huawei) and fine tuning the 3g network thru huawei and the problem may persist for a while,just be patient
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by bigfatng: 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2010
unlock your modem , use mtn sim with india web proxy 3.2 ,a great cheap and fast internet combination
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by Equity7: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ POSTER, that is not true about glo 3G network, i live in Akute area and my 3G has never flunctuate meanwhile what i think the problem you might being having is that the 'wcdma prefered' optio is selected from your network options on your modem tools>networks> click on drop down menu to choose 'wcdma only'

you should have 3G network at all times if u follow the above steps.
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by Equity7: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ POSTER, that is not true about glo 3G network, i live in Akute area and my 3G has never flunctuate meanwhile what i think the problem you might being having is that the 'wcdma prefered' optio is selected from your network options on your modem tools>networks> click on drop down menu to choose 'wcdma only'

you should have 3G network at all times if u follow the above steps.
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by goggs(m): 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ Equity,

I think the stability or otherwise of Glo is dependent on where you are. So saying that the poster is wrong is not the correct position to take. I live in Abuja and the instability of 3g signal is so bad that I dumped glo for a super stable (and expensive) MTN.

@ poster

follow lynxnoon's advice, select edge on your modem, that should work. Check back on 3g signal periodically to check stability, and when it happens you can make the switch. I ditched Glo cos after tasting 3G I couldnt live with EDGE. so till they clean up their act I will stick to MTN for now
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by jaysay(m): 12:00pm On Dec 25, 2010
i'd like to agree that glo is going through
Some upgrade, cos in the last one week
And the haalf, the service has been
Pathetically arratic.

If you're having challenge with glo, i
Normally peg mine to 3G/UMTS only, tht
Way when the 3G signal goes away temporarily
It doesnt disconnect, within 2secs to 5secs
It is back. But for sometimes now
It has changed. So, am using MTN in my
Universal modem.

I use the 2G network on my phone and
Its still giving me headache.

My advice stay of glo for a while, offcourse,
Unless you use it to make call. MTN is fairer.

Sometimes also the network quality vary
From place to place. Take note.
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by flyuche(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2010
glo is perpetually doing "upgrade". grin
Re: Glo 3g Internet Is Useless by shanda(m): 12:04am On Dec 26, 2010
I switched to GLO from starcomms and my experience with them has not been good. The stuff keeps disconnecting anytime the signal changes to GPRS from 3G. I wish it can be stable cos their 3G speed is somewhat cool. I plan to test MTN this week, I'll like to know the challenges one might face using MTN.

(1) (Reply)

What The Best Model Laptop To Buy / Like New Dell Precision 7710 - Intel Xeon, UHD Display, 8GB Nvidia Graphics / Please Can Some One Help Me With How To Remove Bios Start Up Page Of Inec Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.