Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

What Car Can I Get With 800k - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Car Can I Get With 800k (4344 Views)

What Car Can I Buy For 500k / 2004 Camry With 800k Budget / I Have 700k In PH, What Car Can I Get ? (2) (3) (4)

Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by seunpayne(m): 11:33am On Mar 20, 2020
Please o...no be pride o...na fear but any deal that you guys think, please post it here...I don't want to engage anybody one on one until I see the car and others comment that the car no dey usually get issues.
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by ifnyioj22(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
seunpayne:

Pictures please
Please chat me
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by revilomichaels(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
seunpayne:

Please can I see the VW Bora?

I don’t sell cars oh
I checked for the car again and it has been sold. Check this Corolla if you drive manual gear

https:///ibadan/cars/toyota-corolla-2000-blue-zSjj0v24o2iDIBd3VBdbRouU.html?lid=5W9w5yqbL_OpISXF&cur_pos=10&pos=10&ads_count=19&ads_per_page=17&page=1
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by paramountinvest: 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Do you mind Camry 2004 big daddy?
Whatsap 09049563151
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by sicily4u: 4:51pm On Mar 20, 2020
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by Nobody: 2:36am On Mar 25, 2020
@ OP the worst mistake you will ever make is trusting people when buying a car or property in Abuja, i am not saying there are no good people who are out there to help but how can you be so sure, i understand that your budget is low, and the situation of things in the country but bear in mind that, as big as Abuja is, someone somewhere drives a good car and He/She is ready to flip it just because they want to upgrade, that's the car you want to buy if you are not buying a toks. From experience distress sale means there's a pressing need, and most times car maintenance is the least of such owner's worries, be careful here. so i'm going to list some tips that will assist you in buying a used car. its a stressful journey but trust me its worth it. Avoid German cars for now, there's a reason why some are cheap, avoid Peugeot, you don't want to deal with electrical issues, they are good cars, but how many of our mechanics can diagnose a car properly, read codes and fix issues without calling electrician (Rewire) to come with testing bulbs, who would only come with a trial and error mindset. you should consider Reliability, Fuel consumption, and cost of maintenance over aesthetics, atleast i belong to that school of thought and it never failed me...lol. Your best bet is a Toyota car based on your budget, this is the only car you can be sure of selling at the same price you got it when upgrading, if well maintained. Please don't buy a parked car, check auto section here frequently, go on jiji at your leisure, don't be in a haste, and be realistic in pricing, if its too good to be true, its not true. at 800k your options are limited, you can buy a very good toyota camry 2000-2002 models for less than 800 that will be close to a toks, i know some people will say its old, the interior is bland, there's a reason why its still more expensive than other brands of same year, there's a reason why you find them everywhere, the parts are readily available, Yaris yes, but be careful, don't buy an abused car. Honda accord 2003-2005 is another good car, finer than the camry but then ... it is Honda, you have to be very careful. Lastly its always better to buy a used car from the direct owner who has a first hand knowledge of the car you are buying. Good luck in your search.

Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by Mac2016(m): 4:48am On Mar 25, 2020
Ravenna:

Seconded.
Honda Accord is an all rounder: strong body, optimized engine, sleek, fuel economy, cheap maintenance too.
But you shouldnt buy anything less than 2007 model of it cos of gear and ball joints problem.
My 2007 Accord is a little less than Lamborghini Aventador.
I bought it for 750k this January and no regrets.
Toks or 9ja used?
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by Ravenna: 6:22am On Mar 25, 2020
Mac2016:
Toks or 9ja used?
Naija used
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by andycom(m): 6:30am On Mar 25, 2020
buygala:

I have a neat Honda Baby boy for 600k...

Factory engine, Factory gearbox, factory AC, first body...no issues at all...full custom duty paid and documents expiring next year

And yeah...there are several cars for even 300k...but my own is 600k last grin

I am using the car presently...so more pictures are available on request...It is also available for inspection
Location is Jos..
A few pics are attached...contact me f you are interested....600k last pls smiley

PS

Rims are now painted black tho

Op you see this particular Honda model ehh!!, no buy.
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by seunpayne(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2020
fatrix:
@ OP the worst mistake you will ever make is trusting people when buying a car or property in Abuja, i am not saying there are no good people who are out there to help but how can you be so sure, i understand that your budget is low, and the situation of things in the country but bear in mind that, as big as Abuja is, someone somewhere drives a good car and He/She is ready to flip it just because they want to upgrade, that's the car you want to buy if you are not buying a toks. From experience distress sale means there's a pressing need, and most times car maintenance is the least of such owner's worries, be careful here. so i'm going to list some tips that will assist you in buying a used car. its a stressful journey but trust me its worth it. Avoid German cars for now, there's a reason why some are cheap, avoid Peugeot, you don't want to deal with electrical issues, they are good cars, but how many of our mechanics can diagnose a car properly, read codes and fix issues without calling electrician (Rewire) to come with testing bulbs, who would only come with a trial and error mindset. you should consider Reliability, Fuel consumption, and cost of maintenance over aesthetics, atleast i belong to that school of thought and it never failed me...lol. Your best bet is a Toyota car based on your budget, this is the only car you can be sure of selling at the same price you got it when upgrading, if well maintained. Please don't buy a parked car, check auto section here frequently, go on jiji at your leisure, don't be in a haste, and be realistic in pricing, if its too good to be true, its not true. at 800k your options are limited, you can buy a very good toyota camry 2000-2002 models for less than 800 that will be close to a toks, i know some people will say its old, the interior is bland, there's a reason why its still more expensive than other brands of same year, there's a reason why you find them everywhere, the parts are readily available, Yaris yes, but be careful, don't buy an abused car. Honda accord 2003-2005 is another good car, finer than the camry but then ... it is Honda, you have to be very careful. Lastly its always better to buy a used car from the direct owner who has a first hand knowledge of the car you are buying. Good luck in your search.

Thank you very much for this post. I will consider the Accord and the Camry.

Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by Exponental(m): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2020
Think of a car commonly used for transport. If you ain't travelling a lot, consider a 4plug. A Nissan primera won't be bad. 2002, consider the toks. You might need to add to your 800k though.
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by greggng: 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2020
seunpayne:
Hello people,

I need advice. At the end of last year I bought a used 2008 Honda Civic that was a nightmare. Never left the mechanic Shop. Gearbox and engine wahala until I had to sell it and lose quite a sum. I don save reach up small and I need advice so I don't get burnt again. I stay in abuja and need a car mostly for every day waka. my work requires me to move around a lot and uber don suck my blood finish.

My budget is 800k or less. Thanks guys

With Your 800k I will suggest you go for a very solid tiny light . If you are in Lagos , I can arrange that for you. I have been using mine for 10 years ....n.a. you go tire

Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by ChineduObinna(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2020
I like what you put up here. It's the truth really, just bought a Corolla from someone looking to upgrade to a Highlander.

On that note, OP, you can go through my page, I have a 2008 Peugeot 406 EW10 for sale. Fuel Economy is quite good, you can browse about the vehicle and engine performance. You can also talk to your mechanic to look into the vehicle. Bought it brand new 2009, mileage is about 112000. AC is chilling great.

Since you're in Abuja, I can introduce you to the best mechanic I know at Mpape, or use AC Okocha motors like we do.
fatrix:
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by ChineduObinna(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2020
Please take Honda out of your consideration, I know their Engine performance is quite good and handling even better than most Toyota's but, you see that their automatic transmission on their old vehicles, 08' downwards, don't even want to talk about the Bolt joint issue.
seunpayne:

Thank you very much for this post. I will consider the Accord and the Camry.
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by ChineduObinna(m): 1:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
This is the Vehicle
seunpayne:
Please o...no be pride o...na fear but any deal that you guys think, please post it here...I don't want to engage anybody one on one until I see the car and others comment that the car no dey usually get issues.

Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by ChineduObinna(m): 7:46pm On Jul 02, 2020
Another advice I can give is this.
If you're buying a Nigerian used car, that doesn't have a service history.
You can discuss with the seller, you both take it to a Verified Autoworkshop AC Okocha motors, Briscoe Motors, etc.
Tell them you want to register the car and service it, that you're buying it and want to know everything about the vehicle.

They'll give you an overall assessment of the car, AC system, breaking system, electrical system, fuel injection system, transmission, suspension etc.

It'll set you back ₦20-30k....but it's worth it. Once certified, it's Toks standard

Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by Aridunnuoluwa(m): 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2020
I also have a Toyota Camry 04 for 850 second body... 4 plugs sound engine and very good and strong chat on WhatsApp for the pics 07080776796 it's 840 last if you are serious about it
Re: What Car Can I Get With 800k by Etizz: 3:22am On Jul 04, 2020
fatrix:

God bless you brother....they almost make it look like naija used cars are all useless.....a like u....OP this is all you need.....

Newly Arrived 2008 Honda Civic For Sale...Sold!!!! / Neatly Used 96 Honda Civic UK Hatch Back For 350k in Abuja ( Quick Sale) / Tokunbo Mini Cooling Van 680k :-kings Auto

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55