Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice (441 Views)

Lady Contracted Molluscum Contagiosum After Purchasing A Wig Online / This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor / My Ex-Girlfriend Just Contracted HIV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by Kimzo: 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
Just as the whole world is battling the spread of Covid-19, and we are told how to prevent and self isolate incase you become symptomatic .....

My question is incase of someone that has the virus and receives treatment, is there a chance the person can contract the Virus again even after he has successful received treatment the first time, am just worried as much as most Nigerians are...
Can you help push this to the frontpage....

Cc
Lalasticlala
Re: Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by cRobo: 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
Yes

Unfortunately the second time is more deadly

Now tell me

Did you get re-infected

I won't say a word
Re: Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by wrose(m): 7:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Kimzo:
Just as the whole world is battling the spread of Covid-19, and we are told how to prevent and self isolate incase you become symptomatic .....

My question is incase of someone that has the virus and receives treatment, is there a chance the person can contract the Virus again even after he has successful received treatment the first time, am just worried as much as most Nigerians are...
Can you help push this to the frontpage....

Cc
Lalasticlala
Well not exactly. Ypu shouldn't have again on subsequent exposure
The immune system would have been well equipped already after surviving the first exposure and gain immunity
Re: Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by Kimzo: 8:07pm On Mar 18, 2020
wrose:

The immune system would have been well equipped already after surviving the first exposure and gain immunity
okay,..
Re: Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by Kimzo: 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
cRobo:
Yes

Unfortunately the second time is more deadly

Now tell me

Did you get re-infected

I won't say a word
Yes, because there is a line up there where I said I had the virus.... Lift your feet up and pick up your brain...
Re: Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by Humanoid01(m): 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
There's a case of a woman in Japan who contracted it twice. On that basis, I can say it's possible.
Re: Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by Humanoid01(m): 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
wrose:

Sorry, but what is the basis of this submission?
Re: Can Corona Virus Be Contracted Twice by wrose(m): 9:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Humanoid01:

Sorry, but what is the basis of this submission?
The body immune system has a grouo of cells called memory B cells. Whenever a person experiences a novel viral attack, some memory B cells are formed so that when he/she exeriences subsequent ones, their body can fight it off easily. This is the same basis of how vaccines work

(1) (Reply)

China Celebrates No New Zero-coronavirus Report / First Patients Injected With Potential COVID-19 Vaccine In Clinical Trial / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.