Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,466 members, 7,801,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres (108390 Views)

Coronavirus: 5 Nigerian Mosques Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria / Police Officers Storm "Noisy" Nigerian Church In Detroit USA, Dance With Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 8:16am On Mar 19, 2020
Considering the fact that Nigeria as it is currently run does not have the capacity to build a 1000 bed hospital in just days. It is imperative to identify already existing resources that can be used to cater for thousands of infected patients in a potential outbreak.

Amazingly, in terms of structure, some enclosed Nigerian buildings may prove so useful for a whole number of reasons. Personally, I have always argued that government should work with churches and incorporate their facilities with NEMA as potential temporal facilities to accommodate large numbers of people during intense national crisis. Of course, there's need for government to build her own facilities as the Churches built theirs for a reason.

But with the Covid19 potential outbreak, Churches are not going to be operational for the large part. So government should begin initiating contacts with churches to see if their facilities are suitable for makeshift hospitals in case of a potential outbreak.

1st: Faith Tabernacle Ota:

Faith Tabernacle Ota is one of the largest free span structure currently existing anywhere in the world. Worth billions of Naira. The facility can accommodate 53,000 worshippers at any given time. It can therefore accommodate between 3,000 - 3,500 beds. With it being fully Air conditioned, it is independent of external ventilation.
Another feature which makes it an ideal place for mass treatment of potential infected patients from South West Nigeria is that it is run by an independent power plant with a 21 year record of having 24/7 electricity.

Lastly, a two minutes drive eastward into the Church's university is one of the country's most viable molecular and virology laboratories, which can be used to test patients.

96 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 8:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Glory Dome, Airport Road, Abuja:

The Dunamis Church facility in Abuja is the largest church facility for Sunday worship in the world. Commissioned months ago, the facility houses over 100,000 worshippers every Sunday. This can serve as a potential facility to house 3,000 - 5, 000 infected patients bed. The facility also has her own independent power for 24/7 electricity and a ventilation system run on Air conditioning.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 8:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Finger Of God Cathedral, Porth Harcourt, Nigeria

The Finger of God Cathedral is the upcoming largest cathedral in the world designed to house 120,000 worshippers. It is being built with an enclosed air condition system. Also, the Finger of God is segregated into multiple arms and can be used to segregate patients according to their severity of infection.

Like Glory Dome and Faith Tabernacle it will most likely run on independent power also. And its construction can be sped up with Government funding to serve as a treatment zone for about 5,000 - 7,000 people in South South/South East Zones.

36 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 19, 2020
HigherEd:
Considering the fact that Nigeria as it is currently run does not have the capacity to build a 1000 bed hospital in just days. It is imperative to identify already existing resources that can be used to cater for thousands of infected patients in a potential outbreak.

Amazingly, in terms of structure Nigerian some enclosed Nigerian churches may prove so useful for a whole number of reasons.

You are shaking a very big table!

Church empty headed boys and girls will come hard on you grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bOPNj52SaQ

311 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 19, 2020
Redeem church
Winners chapel
Mountain of fire.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by cRobo: 8:27am On Mar 19, 2020
I seriously doubt if the owner of those facilities will allow it to be used

I won't say a word

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Xavi2019: 8:27am On Mar 19, 2020
Will the church authorities accept to do this for humanity? cheesy

98 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by NgwalandAbia(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2020
Your evil plan for nigeria will catch up with you why not use the Abuja mosque ode

836 Likes 79 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 8:39am On Mar 19, 2020
Xavi2019:
Will the church authorities accept to do this for humanity? cheesy
Remember, corona does not discriminate between church goers and atheist. I sincerely believe these are the only facilities that can bed thousands of patients at the same time. Particularly, since Nigeria is plagued with uniquely useless political leaders.

It's not like patients are going to be there forever anyway. And once population of infected decreases to below 200 they can be relocated to proper hospitals and the Church facilities thoroughly disinfected.

I wrote about this because I'm a Christian. I didn't include mosque as I do not have the authority to write on that. But any true Church should be willing to help in a national crisis

189 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by SEGLIZ: 8:40am On Mar 19, 2020
cRobo:
I seriously doubt if the owner of those facilities will allow it to be used

I won't say a word

in term and time of emergency they have no choice, if they prove too stubborn the state would commandeer the facilities to its temporary use.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by WizBLANCE(m): 8:41am On Mar 19, 2020
If Christianity is what it used to be, they will gladly do it without blinking an eye.

But then (grace) happened, Jesus died and men can do whatever they want in the name of Christianity.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 8:41am On Mar 19, 2020
A lot of Nigerian Christians lack the depth to understand what Christianity is really about. I made a post that calls the Church to sacrifice and be a tool for the rescue of the nation and someone(probably Christian) goes to counter my opinion which he believes is Antichrist.

The beauty of Christianity shuns in darkness and every trying time. The Europeans left the comforts of Europe and many sank in the sea to bring the black race to Jesus. Many abandoned family to treat and school the African generation. Today, many of their graves lie scattered across sub Saharan Africa. They sacrificed for you - they didn't say let the Arabs teach them or give them civilization.

Today, you are asked to rent your church building to save yourselves from dying. Yet you are showing yourselves high wickedness. You would rather argue that Muslims should be forced to sacrifice mosque. Jeez I can't deal.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Maxymilliano(m): 8:41am On Mar 19, 2020
HigherEd:

1st: Faith Tabernacle Ota: Faith Tabernacle Ota is one of the largest free span structure currently existing anywhere in the world. Worth billions of Naira. The facility can accommodate 53,000 worshippers at any given time. With it being fully Air conditioned, it is independent of external ventilation.
Another feature which makes it an ideal place for mass treatment of potential infected patients from South west Nigeria is that it is run by an independent power plant with a 21 years record of having 24/7 electricity.

I'm quite sure you are referring to the Youth Chapel with your assertion in bold and not Faith Tabernacle.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by nrexzy: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2020
Yes ooo

They should volunteer the church building to save humanity... Before God would raise stones to worship him.....

Winners,
Dunamic
Salvation ministry ...

I tell my friend today say make them use church him dey para say na God building...like say we no dey made in God image...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by MasterKernel: 8:52am On Mar 19, 2020
HigherEd:

If there's an outbreak in Nigeria, they would have to. Remember, corona does not discriminate. I sincerely believe this are the only facilities that can bed thousands of patients at the same time. Particularly, since Nigeria is plagued with uniquely useless political leaders.

It's not like patients are going to be there forever anyway. And once population of infected decreases to below 200 they can be relocated to proper hospitals and the Church facilities thoroughly disinfected.

Why didn't you add all the Stadiums, Mosques and Large factories?

197 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Xavi2019: 8:53am On Mar 19, 2020
HigherEd:

If there's an outbreak in Nigeria, they would have to. Remember, corona does not discriminate. I sincerely believe this are the only facilities that can bed thousands of patients at the same time. Particularly, since Nigeria is plagued with uniquely useless political leaders.

Well, if there's an outbreak in Nigeria, the church authorities have every right to refuse too, for reasons best known to them, no one can force them.
Even if they accept, I won't put it past them to accept only card-carrying members of their Church lol.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Redeem church
Winners chapel
Mountain of fire.
You can't use any facility within redemption camp or even MFM. They are ventilated by open air.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 19, 2020
HigherEd:

You can't use any facility within redemption camp or even MFM. They are ventilated by open air.

Dismantle it to conform with convid quarantine standard.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 9:25am On Mar 19, 2020
MasterKernel:

Why didn't you add all the Stadiums, Mosques and Large factories?
There's no mosque in Nigeria that can sizably carry large numbers of people. Btw I am a very long standing supporter of Bishop Oyedepo. What I said here I can suggest to him to his face. And he would think the idea makes sense. Of course this suggestion is predicated on if the churches close down in an outbreak.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 9:27am On Mar 19, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Dismantle it to conform with convid quarantine standard.
Church will not agree to that. If you need to dismantle, why not look for unused areas of land across different places and build from scratch instead.

12 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 9:33am On Mar 19, 2020
Maxymilliano:

I'm quite sure you are referring to the Youth Chapel with your assertion in bold and not Faith Tabernacle.

Samsung was contracted in 2012 to Air condition the entire faith tabernacle in a 1 billion naira contract.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Maxymilliano(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2020
HigherEd:

Samsung was contracted in 2012 to Air condition the entire faith tabernacle in a 1 billion naira contract.

Bros leave all this story. A visit to the main tabernacle will tell you otherwise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 19, 2020
NgwalandAbia:
Your evil plan for nigeria will catch up with you why not use the Abuja mosque ode

U dey answer them

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Bayokun(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Bros leave all this story. A visit to the main tabernacle will tell you otherwise.

Leave him, I'm 100% sure he's never been to the main tabernacle before....

7 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 19, 2020
U are very biased.
Where are the mosques?

What will people in the north use?
National mosque abuja and so many mosques like that in the North wil do.
In this case, more mosques as they are not as big as those church auditoriums.

Besides, a muslim will rather die than see himself in church and vise versa.

U guys just type without thinking through.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Dammol(f): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Bayokun:

Faith Tabernacle is fully airconditioned

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 10:06am On Mar 19, 2020
Bayokun:

I have lived in Canaanland for years lol.

11 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by HigherEd: 10:10am On Mar 19, 2020
sassysure:
U are very biased.
Where are the mosques?

What will people in the north use?
National mosque abuja and so many mosques like that in the North wil do.
In this case, more mosques as they are not as big as those church auditoriums.

Besides, a muslim will rather die than see himself in church and vise versa.

U guys just type without thinking through.
I hear you

8 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Bayokun(m): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2020
Dammol:

Faith Tabernacle is fully airconditioned

You are right, but there are some entrances with no door,which gives room for free flow of air from outside...

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Humphrizy(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
Chaiiiiii....see better structures oooh...unto paradise level.

If you need Pure Original Honey...kindly Call/Whatsapp 081 01666 771 Now..Oluwa go keep all man and woman safe..we no need lay on any bed unto say Coronavirus don hollup person..We go dey go out..hustle & make a living

6 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by YorubaKinging: 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
We pray it won't get to this stage

But let's those greedy pastors give back what they have stolen from the sheeps

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres by Babztunz(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
You won spoil there market

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

The Middle Path / Evil In The Church; My Experience At Dunamis, Abuja. (pictures) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome 'Exposes' Coronavirus And 5G Network (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.